Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Loc: SC
DMT and creativity...
    #7797349 - 12/25/07 02:50 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I know there are a few people (if not more than a few) here that believe that DMT and dreams are related... I myself lean towards that as a strong possibility.

Sometimes my dreams compose the most amazing music I've ever heard. It is usually orchestral music, but not always. Usually it happens in a lucid state in between waking and sleep, but it also, like just few minutes ago, happens after I've fallen asleep. (I'm not sure, but I think it might happen more often when it's either daytime or when the lights are on)

When I wake up, I wish to remember the music that my brain just composed, but it fades just as quickly as it came to me. Even if it didn't, there'd be no way I could remember the parts to each instrument in my orchestra.

I know that drugs aren't the answer to life's problems, but does anyone think doing DMT could unlock this creativity that I know I'm capable of but seem held back from by the constraints of waking?

I'm also thinking it might be a lack of training, and I'm seriously considering switching my major to Music theory and composition. But I don't want to do that if I end up sucking in real life and continuously chasing after the music of my dreams.

Anyone think they can offer any advice, anything?

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: DMT and creativity... [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #7797372 - 12/25/07 03:16 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

no need for dmt

everytime you wake up write down what you remember from your dream sooner or later youll get better at it

same thing this mournin although i did remember the song, i put it in a beat maker then after realizing that playin it on the keyboard was the only way id get the notes right, but it didnt come out as i expected due to the sfx i thought and the ones in the program, but i did play off what i added which i think was more important

good looks on the idea tho i def need music theory

you dont have to be good at music, just try n enjoy it!

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: DMT and creativity... [Re: Konyap]
    #7797449 - 12/25/07 04:25 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You can always start playing Music. I gave up guitar once, before I gave it my all. I leanred Bagpipes on my own. I encourage any age person, of any skill level to express them selves using music, for it is soo healthy for the soul.

Drug won't teach you anything about Music, although once you know the basic, and advanced general techniques of your instrument, Drugs can turn your music into directions you never thought possible. To me, drugs are like a vehicle to travel a musical landscape; Only if you're good at driving.

LSD, and Weed are awesome to me. LSD, fucking amazing, actually.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
    #7803119 - 12/27/07 07:44 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I think drugs are pretty close to the answer to all of life's problems.

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: DMT and creativity... [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #7803128 - 12/27/07 07:47 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ReoSpeedwagon153 said:
I think drugs are pretty close to the answer to all of life's problems.

u sir are a genious
u should prescribe me my meds

--------------------

Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT and creativity... [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7803577 - 12/27/07 11:20 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Ah, well I do play music... guitar for a few years, I write my own stuff too. And drums for a few more years.

I'm hoping music theory classes will help me out. Also learning the piano... I'm about to get a MIDI keyboard.
And I'm also excited about musical possibilities with LSD.
I'm done it twice and I think I could do some pretty cool composing on it.

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

#7804587 - 12/27/07 04:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

(I'm not sure, but I think it might happen more often when it's either daytime or when the lights are on) interesting i have the same experiences my most vivid dreams take place during the day perhaps it has something to do with there being a larger amount of seretonin in your brian because sunlight produces seretonin blah blah blah

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Invisibleherfenara
cross dressinghobo junkie
Male

Re: DMT and creativity... [Re: Konyap]
    #7804704 - 12/27/07 05:00 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

aiyobro said:
no need for dmt

everytime you wake up write down what you remember from your dream sooner or later youll get better at it

:thumbup:

also try this: http://www.winwenger.com/archives/part13.htm

OfflineLeinahtan
The Cultivator
Male

Loc: Iowa
Re: DMT and creativity... [Re: herfenara]
    #7804806 - 12/27/07 05:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I know a guy who's really into lucid dreaming, and he has "Am I awake" tattooed on his arm. When he thinks he's dreaming he looks at it, and if the tattoo has changed at all, or if he can't read it, he knows he's dreaming and can then go on to control those dreams.

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
Re: DMT and creativity... [Re: Leinahtan]
    #7804832 - 12/27/07 05:35 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Leinahtan said:
I know a guy who's really into lucid dreaming, and he has "Am I awake" tattooed on his arm. When he thinks he's dreaming he looks at it, and if the tattoo has changed at all, or if he can't read it, he knows he's dreaming and can then go on to control those dreams.

Damn that guy is dedicated as fuck!

--------------------

OfflineLeinahtan
The Cultivator
Male

Loc: Iowa
Re: DMT and creativity... [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #7804924 - 12/27/07 06:00 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I got a tattoo of an LSD molecule on my shoulder...

Edited by Leinahtan (12/27/07 06:01 PM)

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #7805040 - 12/27/07 06:40 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

In my opinion its not the drugs or dreams in particular, its using any means to tap into he preconscious/unconscious. Drugs and dreams do both that but dreams in my experience will work much better than DMT.

--------------------

Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT and creativity... [Re: herfenara]
    #7805141 - 12/27/07 07:20 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

herfenara said:
Quote:

aiyobro said:
no need for dmt

:thumbup:

also try this: http://www.winwenger.com/archives/part13.htm

That sounds pretty cool...
I'm thinking of taking up a minor in music, so when I learn some piano I'll have to try that. I hope it works.

--------------------

Invisibleoblio
Stranger
    #7805357 - 12/27/07 08:12 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

boxcarguy07 said:
Ah, well I do play music... guitar for a few years, I write my own stuff too. And drums for a few more years.

I'm hoping music theory classes will help me out. Also learning the piano... I'm about to get a MIDI keyboard.
And I'm also excited about musical possibilities with LSD.
I'm done it twice and I think I could do some pretty cool composing on it.

Hello I do the whole music thing and maybe i can help you with that part.

Personally I don't think theory classes will help you out so much. Obviously I'm not you so maybe having a systematic routine of learning will encourage you into a state where you have confidence in your ability to purposefully fuck around with sound, but I think the opportunities nowadays to teach yourself are massive, and certainly worth looking into. We have (relatively) cheap instruments, and a hilarious wealth of information on the internet. There are, for example, many guides that can teach you most of what western music theory has to offer in an unpretentious and helpful manner. I liked  this one: www.ravenspiral.com/ravenspiralguide.pdf

The best advice I can give you to get those sounds out of your head, is to find your sound, but in the real world. Through jamming with whatever you like as often as you are comfortable with, to find out what resonates inside of you(use drugs with this part if you like). And by doing this you will begin to become better equipped to bring those sounds out of the dreamstate and into real life.

I think switching your major is possibly unnecessary. As for me personally, being forced to use certain methods and approachs in order to fit into a someone else's belief about what is best is bad for my belief in being able to purposefully fuck around with sounds myself, bu that is just me.

As well as this, western music theory can be pretty restrictive in places, and quite possibly depending on your intentions as a musician you will spend just as large amount of time trying to 'unlearn' everything you learnt. I don't want however, to undermine the potential for personal learning possible with western theory here though. Any time spent working with sounds and discovering personal resoncance is time well spent.

I hope this has been of some use to you.

Edited by oblio (12/06/08 11:03 AM)

Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT and creativity... [Re: oblio]
    #7805589 - 12/27/07 09:16 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I know exactly what you mean man.
I used to hate the idea of learning theory... I would say "I seriously doubt any of the classical composers used theory... what they wrote came straight from their soul"
And I still feel that way. I just thought learning a bit of theory as well as taking some piano classes would help me out a lot, as I know absolutely nothing about playing the piano, which is the only way I could get a lot of the sounds that I'm thinking of.
I wasn't really planning on changing my major, just picking up a minor.

That guide you linked to looks really interesting, I'll have to keep reading it.
Thanks a lot!

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7805711 - 12/27/07 09:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

My dreams have been different ever since the first time I used ayahuasca. I cant really say that about any other psychedelic or even smoked dmt.
I cant say enough about how drastically it changed my dream world.

I cant tell you how true this is for some people.
For me the contrast was like black and white.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineVector
Symbolic Analyst
Male

Loc: Emerald Forest, Land of O...
    #7805725 - 12/27/07 09:59 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

boxcarguy07 said:

Anyone think they can offer any advice, anything?

SMOKE DMT!! you gotta do it, man, you just gotta!

Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT and creativity... [Re: Vector]
    #7805734 - 12/27/07 10:03 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Haha, I'd probably end up smoking it someday regardless...

like when I get my own place that's not owned by my college so i can extract it without worrying about any b.s.

Ayahuasca is also on my list as well :yesnod:

--------------------

Invisibleherfenara
cross dressinghobo junkie
Male

#7806916 - 12/28/07 09:32 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

you can do it with humming and finger tapping too :P its fun

Invisibleoblio
Stranger
    #7808090 - 12/28/07 05:37 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

boxcarguy07 said:
I know exactly what you mean man.
I used to hate the idea of learning theory... I would say "I seriously doubt any of the classical composers used theory... what they wrote came straight from their soul"
And I still feel that way. I just thought learning a bit of theory as well as taking some piano classes would help me out a lot, as I know absolutely nothing about playing the piano, which is the only way I could get a lot of the sounds that I'm thinking of.
I wasn't really planning on changing my major, just picking up a minor.

That guide you linked to looks really interesting, I'll have to keep reading it.
Thanks a lot!

Definitely can't hurt to give it a try. I had a pretty traumatic experience learning music when I was younger so i guess a lot of my revulsion to it comes from that. if it doesn't work out for you though, there is a very solid plan b in being able to learn yourself, so give it a spin and see where it leads you!

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#7808398 - 12/28/07 07:41 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not gonna lie.

I've had some badass dream music play in my head :headbang:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order