Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Grow Light, HPS

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekebin
Stranger
LEDs in my computer case?
    #7792480 - 12/23/07 03:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone used these before?
MOD EDIT :no non sponsor links, please read and follow the rules! thank you

Thinking about getting some of those, if what they say is true then I can use them inside a computer case in which I have a 125 watt enviro right now, that thing is getting way too hot for my plants(peruvian torches).

Edited by royer9864 (12/26/07 06:52 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: LEDs in my computer case? [Re: kebin]
    #7792682 - 12/23/07 04:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Looks interesting. Anyone know the currency conversion off-hand?

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Offlinegilrand
wannabesomething
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sub Arctic
Re: LEDs in my computer case? [Re: Crasher]
    #7792957 - 12/23/07 05:45 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

That is like 24 euros or 34 dollars per 12W bulb.. Sounds EXPENSIVE to me if you need more than 20 (>500 euros) of them to match 400W HPS.

By the way why are you growing them inside a computer case? :laugh:

No non-sponsor links allowed tho, am I right?

--------------------
//Gilrand

Edited by gilrand (12/23/07 05:47 PM)

Invisiblekybish
Is finally out for real

Loc: Loc: Loc: Loc:
Re: LEDs in my computer case? [Re: gilrand]
    #7796343 - 12/24/07 08:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Don't do it, LEDs aren't a good alternative to HID's . . . yet.

The LEDs currently in production don't put out the proper spectrums of light.

EDIT: Yes it's possible to grow a plant with LEDs but the yields are so low, and potency so shitty, you'll be cursing yourself for buying them.

EDIT 2: search grasscity for posts regarding LEDs if you're curious. A couple people have experimented with them (with shit result).

Edited by kybish (12/24/07 08:25 PM)

Offlinekebin
Stranger
Re: LEDs in my computer case? [Re: gilrand]
    #7797809 - 12/25/07 11:45 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

gilrand said:
That is like 24 euros or 34 dollars per 12W bulb.. Sounds EXPENSIVE to me if you need more than 20 (>500 euros) of them to match 400W HPS. 

Well I only need four of them to match my 125W bulb. And at $133.85 that's around what I paid for the envirolite so I don't feel that's very expensive at all considering LEDs are the future and all.

Quote:

By the way why are you growing them inside a computer case? :laugh:

I don't have any other room for them elsewhere.

Quote:

kybish said:
Don't do it, LEDs aren't a good alternative to HID's . . . yet.

Dude an envirolite isn't an HID. I can't have a HID in my case, it's too warm - this brings us back to my topic. Heck, did you even take your time to read my first post???

I didn't ask if they were a good alternative to HID's. I asked if anyone had used them. According to what I have read they can and will outperform my envirolite.

I'm betting you haven't even used LEDs yet you think you can give your opinion on whether or not they are bad. That's like listening a kid who has never grown pot say his fluorescents spanks HPS lights. You simply have no way to back up what you are saying, you have no experience in using them, your opinion is irrelevant, I want facts. And yes I have read grasscity, in fact that is what lead me to get interested in the first place.

Please don't post if you're not actually going to answer my question. I'm still looking for input from people who have actually grown cactii with LEDs. Thank you.

Merry Christmas!

Invisiblekybish
Is finally out for real

Loc: Loc: Loc: Loc:
    #7797845 - 12/25/07 12:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm trying to help you, stop being so defensive and calm down.

What you read is wrong, LEDs will get you worse results then other possible options.

I never said an envirolight is an HID. You could use a low Watt HID, 70, heck maybe 50, watter. With enough ventilation this is easily possible.

If you don't want to deal with HID's, you could always get a couple CFLs.

If you do some research on CFLs, and low watt HID scrogs (screen of green), I'm sure you'll find what you need. EDIT 2: said this because i thought you were growing MJ, why would you want to grow a cactus in a PC, not like they're illegall.

I've even seen some PC grows on a couple of sites/forums, just take a look.

And don't waste your money on those LEDs!

The people I can see buying an LED logically, are those with a lot of money, because LEDs can make a good supplement to other lights.

This'll be the last post in the thread since it doesn't seem like you want the help. EDIT 2: geez I wasn't being arrogant, I said it because I offered my help and you were a dick. There are also some simple reasons why I can't give you more proof of my experience. Think security :tongue:, I can say I'm a botanist if its worth anything to you

PS click

Edited by kybish (12/25/07 04:47 PM)

Offlinekebin
Stranger
Re: LEDs in my computer case? [Re: kybish]
    #7798274 - 12/25/07 03:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kybish said:
This'll be the last post in the thread since it doesn't seem like you want the help.

Ok, come back when actually know what you are talking about.Your replies clearly mark you as someone who has not taken the time to research what you so willingly opinionate for others, I also find your blatantly arrogant attitude quite offensive.

Back to the topic. I have a dozen HIDs and CFLs, and frankly I am tired of paying thousands of bucks every month in electricity bills. Anything that can help me reduce these are gladly welcomed.

Now the fact of the matter is that LEDs are very good for vegetative growth, produce little heat and more importantly draw little electricity. This is well known everywhere you ask.

Anyone who has grown cactii will know that lights which are good for vegetative growth(MH/cold CFL etc) are in the very same way good for cactii, esp. peruvian torches.

Because of this I am interested to see if anyone had attempted to confirm this and had any information to share with me before I do so.

I'm still waiting anxiously for someone like this to reply, I know you're out there - here I am, interested in hearing everything you can share.

OfflineSquirrel_Nugs
Stranger

#7799546 - 12/26/07 12:29 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

google "led ufo grow lights"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Grow Light, HPS

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden