Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineheyoka
sacred clown
Loc: AZ.
the list
    #778657 - 07/26/02 04:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

youse guys said i would have to do alot of reading as a newbie. well my eyes are falling out of my head . is there somewhere i can get a list of everything i would need from start to finish. thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: the list [Re: heyoka]
    #778701 - 07/26/02 05:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

When you posted this message, there was a screen that appeared, http://www.shroomery.org/splash.php ,
start with Getting started....

Edited by Anno (07/26/02 05:24 PM)

Offlinebladerunnerss
journeyman
Re: the list [Re: Anno]
    #778738 - 07/26/02 05:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Anno you should have pluged your own instructions.

good page to look at.

--------------------
bladeruNNer

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: bladerunnerss]
    #778916 - 07/26/02 07:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: the list [Re: Macey Howard]
    #779014 - 07/26/02 08:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Easy Tek
Spore syringe
-go to vendors section and find a supplier-
pressure cooker
-walmart-
pint canning jars and lids
-walmart-
Finch bird seed
-walmart-
distilled water
-walmart-
perlite
-walmart-
vermiculite
-walmart-
measuring cup
-walmart-
gloves
dust mask
hat
lysol
candle
lighter
styrofoam cooler
tape
rubbermade container( medium) w/lid
H2O2
themometer
humidity gauge
medium cooking pot
stirring spoon
Mixing bowl

Lets begin
Wash your jars out really well.
Pour 2 cups of Finch seed in the cooking pot
fill with enough distilled water that it covers the seed.
Bring to a simmer( not boiling).
Keep adding water as needed.
Let the seed double in size.
Drain off excess water
place seed in a mixing bowl
Add 1 1/2 cups of dry vermiculite to the mix
mix up really good.
Using your gloves, loosely place handfuls of the mix into the jars filling them half way up.
Place the lids on the jars rubberside up leaving them loose.
Pressure cook the jars as per the cooker's instructions for 45 minutes at 15 PSI
Let cool completely.
Spray down a small draftless room with lysol.
Turn off the ac or heat
after the lysol has settled enter the room with supplies(Spore syringe, Pressure cooker containing the jars, candle, lighter,styrofoam cooler, tape).
Spray down the room again, and leave until its settled.
Befor entering again, now put on your gloves, hat, dustmask and spray yourself with lysol. Let it settle before entering.
Once in the room, light the small candle. Now open the cooker and p-lace the jars on a clean surface.
Take the syringe and heat the tip until its red hot.
Shake the syringe to both cool the tip, and spread the spores.
Now in one quick movement, crack open the lid just enough to allow you to insert the tip of the spore syringe and inject 1 1/2 cc's spore water into the jar. Quickly close the lid tightly, and then shake the jar to spread the spores, and break up the cake.
Loosen the lid slightly and place in the styrofoam cooler.
Repeat for all jars.
Now put the lid on the cooler and tape the sides if needed to secure the lid on.(some fit loose, others are snug fitting).
Put the cooler containing jars in a nice warm, dark, location around 80-86 degrees.
Leave it alone for 1 week(7 days)
Then keeping yourself clean with lysol, check the jars for signs of growth, any color other than white, throw away. The mycelia will be a bright white. If you see yellowing towards the bottom, thats ok for now, just loosen the lids futher to allow for the water to evaporate. Tighten the lids and shake again, then loosen them again, replace cooler lid and leave them alone for another week. Repeat this pattern until the jars have completely colonized. Then wait an additional 3 days just to be safe( sometimes the inside of the cake will be unfinished)
Now take the medium sized rubbermaid container and clean it good. Fill the bottom with 2 inches of damp perlite. You do this by soaking the perlite in H2O2 and water 1:1 ratio and then draining the water off.
* Option 1 Cake*
At this point you can place the mature cake on its lid in the rubbermaid container on top of the perlite. Dont forget to turn your cakes over so that the topside is rightside up. (when you dump out the cake it will be upside down, turn it over). Put a humidity gauge inside the container and a thermometer. Put the lid on and give it a small amount of light each day, More is better. Keep the temperatures at 76 degrees about, and the humidity at 100%. Spray the ways, not the cakes to increase humidity. Fan the cakes once a day until you see pinns, then fan twice a day. Once the mushroom matures(the veil breaks) you can harvest them. Grab near the base of the stem and pull and twist.
*Option 2 Casing*
Get a smaller container thats not see through
Fill the bottom with a thin layer of dry vermiculite
Brak up the cake from the jar into pieces
make an even bead ontop of the vermiculite
then put a casing layer on top( there are many recipies, but well keep it simple). Take Some vermiculite and soak it in a 1:1 mixture of distilled water, and H2O2. Then squeeze out the water. Sprinkle the damp vermiculite ontop of the cake pieces at a depth of 1/2 inch to an inch( thicker casings yield better results but cost in colonization times).
And then a tiny dry layer on top of that.
Place the small container in the larger container with a bed of 2 inches of damp(H2O2/water soaked) perlite. Put the lid on.
Indirectly spray the casing lightly every few days just to keep it damp. Add a small amount of light each day. More is better. Keep the temperature at 76 degrees and the humidity at around 90%. Once pinning occurs, only mist the sides of the medium container to keep humidity correct. Fan once a day until pinning starts then increas to twice a day. Once the mushroom is mature(veil breaks) twist and pull to remove the mature mushroom and cover the hole in the casing layer. Give the casing a good light misting and wait for the next flush( about 5-7 days).
These are just a few of the many, many ways to cultivate mushrooms. Read around and experiment, your sure to find a tek and a rythem that you personnally like. bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation