Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinebodynotdead
TrichodermaCultivator
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A
Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks
    #7780568 - 12/20/07 06:48 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Paul keeps white supremacist donation
Wed Dec 19, 4:27 PM ET - yahoo.com

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul has received a $500 campaign donation from a white supremacist, and the Texas congressman doesn't plan to return it, an aide said Wednesday.

Don Black, of West Palm Beach, recently made the donation, according to campaign filings. He runs a Web site called Stormfront with the motto, "White Pride World Wide." The site welcomes postings to the "Stormfront White Nationalist Community."

"Dr. Paul stands for freedom, peace, prosperity and inalienable rights. If someone with small ideologies happens to contribute money to Ron, thinking he can influence Ron in any way, he's wasted his money," Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said. "Ron is going to take the money and try to spread the message of freedom."

"And that's $500 less that this guy has to do whatever it is that he does," Benton added.

Black said he supports Paul's stance on ending the war in Iraq, securing U.S. borders and his opposition to amnesty for illegal immigrants.

"We know that he's not a white nationalist. He says he isn't and we believe him, but on the issues, there's only one choice," Black said Wednesday.

"We like his stand on tight borders and opposition to a police state," Black told The Palm Beach Post earlier.

On his Web site, Black says he has been involved in "the White patriot movement for 30 years."

--------------------
"absolute power corrupts absolutely".
Lord Acton,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: bodynotdead]
    #7780581 - 12/20/07 06:57 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Ron Paul is the only candidate that stands for freedom. :thumbup:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: bodynotdead]
    #7780975 - 12/20/07 10:09 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, I hope this is a joke.

I'm sure other white supremacists that moderate websites have supported, and funded other politicians besides Ron Paul this term. This whole story was engineered to sway votes.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: psyka]
    #7781051 - 12/20/07 10:33 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I like his rebuttal, and I think anyone who actually read this story would see that and agree. You know what they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #7781083 - 12/20/07 10:43 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

well, I, for one, am not going to vote now.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinesymbiotic
insighted
Male

Loc: ok,nm,co,ca,or
Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: afoaf]
    #7781086 - 12/20/07 10:44 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Banned for 3 days from forum for spamming.

Edited by Seuss (12/20/07 12:02 PM)

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: symbiotic]
    #7781211 - 12/20/07 11:20 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Stop spamming with your crackpot bullshit.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: symbiotic]
    #7781250 - 12/20/07 11:33 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

good god

I looked up orgone

I feel dumber already

and pretty much all your posts seem to be advocating some commercial/neohippy nonsense w/out explanation or relation to the topic

OfflineElectricJW
Stoner
 User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: johnm214]
    #7782194 - 12/20/07 04:09 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

RP said on an interview that he doesn't want these groups to send their money in to him. But he did say that he took their money to get it out of their hands, and spend it on something good.

--------------------
"Visualize the action, then actualize the vision." - King of the Hill

“Long you live and high you'll fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.”- Pink Floyd

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery

Loc: Chocolate City
Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: ElectricJW]
    #7782329 - 12/20/07 04:49 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Man.. what a pathetic attempt by the press to fuck with Ron Paul

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: BrAiN]
    #7783418 - 12/20/07 08:49 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Ron Paul will support my freedom of speech to spread the word of my superior race! Freedom loves Ron Paul!

--------------------

Edited by Minstrel (12/20/07 08:50 PM)

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: Minstrel]
    #7784436 - 12/21/07 03:19 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

when someone sends money, it shows that they support whatever they are donating money to, not the other way around. Ron Paul shouldn't have to explain himself over this.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: kotik]
    #7784491 - 12/21/07 03:58 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

> Ron Paul shouldn't have to explain himself over this.

Shouldn't in a perfect world... this shows just how corrupt politics have become and how hard the media is having to dig to find something negative about Paul.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: Seuss]
    #7784554 - 12/21/07 05:05 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Man, it's great to see Ron Paul finally getting some front page press!

:shake:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: kotik]
    #7784574 - 12/21/07 05:30 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
when someone sends money, it shows that they support whatever they are donating money to, not the other way around.  Ron Paul shouldn't have to explain himself over this.

exactly :thumbup:

Here's Paul on Cavuto talking about this issue.  I think it was a fair interview, and Paul hits the nail on the head.

Just cuz someone agrees with you due to immoral motivators, doesn't mean your position is thereby debased.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: johnm214]
    #7784614 - 12/21/07 06:05 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The opportunity provided by the mainstream media trying to rake coals over him over, comparatively, nothing, was well seized by Ron Paul, just like the brothel matter. Not only did he express his reasoning well for not sending the money back to him, but he also asserted that those who have returned donations when the media put pressure on them have simply been pandering, and that the real concern is the special interests, such as the military-industrial complex. He really rallied on that. :headbang:

Thanks for posting that dude, I was going to post it last night but didn't have time. :thumbup:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: BrAiN]
    #7784738 - 12/21/07 07:50 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting responses.

I'm sure all you Ronulans would be totally okay with say, Giuliani keeping a donation from the KKK, or with Romney keeping a donation from the Mafia, and that you would characterize any press attempt to publicize the donation as "pathetic".

Yeah... sure you would.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: Phred]
    #7784776 - 12/21/07 08:13 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

> I'm sure all you Ronulans would be totally okay with

As long as it is legal (i.e. not Clinton giving away missile technology to China for campaign contributions), then I don't really care where the money comes from. If a candidate starts to back the KKK because the KKK gave a donation, then I might have issues. Everybody should have the right to support the candidate they feel would best represent their interests. It is sad that people automatically assume that a candidate endorses some cause just because they accept a donation from an individual associated with said cause.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: Phred]
    #7784780 - 12/21/07 08:15 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I'd make fun of him for it, probably, but I'd be disenchanted w/ a news station that attempts to draw a connection between the KKK and Giuliani's policies, where none exist of any import. But I don't think Paul recieved any negative coverage beyond just the fact he's mentioned in the same breath as white supremicist groups.

And seeing a candidate stand up for his money against what could be a large amount of negative spin, makes me like him more. At least he's not afraid of the association.

But I'm just super principled like that

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Ron Paul campaign: Yup, we’ll be keeping the Nazi’s money, thanks [Re: Seuss]
    #7784795 - 12/21/07 08:24 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder