Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Global warming is killing us all! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! [Re: Silversoul]
    #7781469 - 12/20/07 12:37 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

If you want to die, then fine by me. I prefer to survive.

Get ready for some bad news then. If there is indeed an end caused by global warming, you'll already be long dead.

With the help of those who are supposedly going to save us.

I have no problem with humans cleaning up our act so the air smells better, doesn't harm or poison us and things look better. I like nature quite a bit. However, believing the planet (or humans) are doomed based on current evidence is beyond foolish.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFecalDildo
Fat LadiesBingo.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory.
Re: Global warming is killing us all! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #7781482 - 12/20/07 12:40 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

To still doubt global warming has pushed you beyond foolish and far in to ridiculous.

Ostrich.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Global warming is killing us all! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! [Re: gluke bastid]
    #7781502 - 12/20/07 12:44 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Here is a fine example of the Federal Government trying to control the issue

One of the few smart things the government has done (although there should be no EPA).

Allowing the states to set individual rules is short-sighted feel good crap. Of course it IS a good way to keep the riff-raff out. What better way to keep low earners from moving into a state than telling them they have to buy a new (and very expensive) car before being allowed to move into a different state.

State Official: Like sorry dude, your car doesn't meet OUR standards. Come back when you have a new one.

Unlucky car owner: But I can't afford a new car.

S.O.: Sucks being you.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Global warming is killing us all! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! [Re: FecalDildo]
    #7781509 - 12/20/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FecalDildo said:
To still doubt global warming has pushed you beyond foolish and far in to ridiculous.

Ostrich.

You should learn to read.

Chicken Little

--------------------

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

Re: Global warming is killing us all! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *DELETED* [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #7781574 - 12/20/07 12:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by EntheogenicPeace

Reason for deletion: ---

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Global warming is killing us all! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #7781632 - 12/20/07 01:12 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Regardless, my suggestion was not just about climate change, but about the sustainability of current living habits & trends. For every person on earth to live like Americans would take between 3-5 earths.

Then it's a good thing Americans were first in line. Sucks being the rest of the world.

Were it only a "couple" articles refuting global warming, you'd be correct. Also, merely because you agree with a point of view doesn't make those who agree "forward" thinking. The evidence IS, despite your claims, not there. There is too much disagreement by wiser minds than yours or mine.

'tis a sad person indeed who makes up their mind based on the flimsy evidence that has been placed before us. When someone comes up with an accurate model to show us that this is a problem, let me know.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Global warming is killing us all! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! [Re: Silversoul]
    #7781675 - 12/20/07 01:20 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

it is to our benefit that we preserve the ecosystem.

If the ecosystem is warming on its own (and despite what you say, this may be what is happening) then preserving the ecosystem means leaving it alone so it can continue to do its thing and warm up. That's what the ecosystem has done over and over for as long as there are records and long before we were here.

Question: If we had the power to alter history, do you think we should go back in time and interfere with every other temperature peak on the graph throughout human history?

If not, why not? And why doesn't that answer apply to the current temperature peak?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Global warming is killing us all! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #7781699 - 12/20/07 01:27 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

Scholar
Male

Re: Global warming is killing us all! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *DELETED* [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #7781709 - 12/20/07 01:29 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#7781759 - 12/20/07 01:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Racism? Thanks for clearly demonstrating your level of intelligence.

Wow! A list? Holy crap I have seen the error of my ways. PRAISE JESUS!

Here's one for you but with a bit of detail.

Your right about one thing when you wrote "Hardly a consensus". At least you learned today that calling something a consensus does not automatically make it so.

Good for you!

Edit: clicking on my link doesn't work but I bet someone who has learned as much as you today can copy and paste the following;

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.SenateReport

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (12/20/07 01:49 PM)

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: Global warming is killing us all! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #7781827 - 12/20/07 02:13 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

States should be allowed to do what they want. It is not up to individual states to cater to the needs of people's desire for ineffecient cars, or any other luxury item they feel like buying. If you want to move to a new state, you often have to jump through expensive red tape. If you don't like it, stay where you are. I think it is ridiculous for the federal government to get in the way of states regulating their own water, land and air. I guess you big government neo-con types disagree, and once again back your leader's attempt to tell everyone everywhere what they should do. :shrug:

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Scholar
Male

#7781832 - 12/20/07 02:15 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#7781855 - 12/20/07 02:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The statement...

Quote:
Then it's a good thing Americans were first in line. Sucks being the rest of the world.

... is a whitewashing of history. I've never seen that sentiment expressed by anyone who doesn't believe that an 'American' (however artificial & imposed that may be) life has more value that that of other's, & this is reflected by supporting policies that say as much.

Develop a sense of humor. It will serve you well.

Quote:

Whatever link you are trying to provide appears to be something of a Senate minority report... let me guess, a speech by Republican senator Inhofe from Oklahoma, who is dumb even by Republican standards.

I see you haven't read it. Doesn't the messenger typically get shot after the message is read?

Quote:

I'll spare you having to look up the definition of 'consensus':

I see you can read the definition. I guess actually grasping it will come with time.

--------------------

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #7781867 - 12/20/07 02:27 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I clicked on your link. The quotes from the scientists listed reiterate what I have been saying the whole time, that it is not clear that human activity is the most significant source of global warming. Beyond that it proves none of your claims that the model of anthropogenic global warming has been "debunked," just that the scientific community can't really agree on how much of an effect, if any, humans are having on the atmosphere. These things take time, unfortunately.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #7781889 - 12/20/07 02:33 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

there is a scientific consensus for evolution.

How much antrhopic consensus there is debatable.

The current public attitude is downright hostile to any scientist who suggests even the possibility that warming is not antrhopic. Witness the current administrator of NOAA who made the mistake of expressing doubt about the antrhopic hypothesis and nearly got his balls handed to him by the uproar the resulted.

He immediately recanted in order to keep his job.

As for the rest of the climate scientists, if they want any kind of funding, they have to tow the line. I don't think many (any?) scientists who are studying the possibility that warming is not antrhopic can get funding for their research. That means there is a hard, media/public opinion bias in favor of research looking for evidence of antrhopic warming and against research looking for the opposite.

There is also the fact that the IPCC report on global warming (this is the BIG report that made the media freakazoids insist that 'the debate is over') claimed 2,500 scientists who collaborated were all in agreement on antrhopic warming. This appears to be an outright lie. In fact, there were only 600 scientists involved. The rest were bureaucrats, editors, and other non-scientists. Of the 600, half had comments on only one of the 11 chapters in the report and only 11 scientists commented on all the chapters. This is not consensus.

Then, of the scientist comments the IPCC did receive, more than half were rejected outright by IPCC editors. WTF? Ask for comments from experts, then reject them?

And if that's not enough to cast doubt on the IPCC report, consider this from two of the scientists who were involved:

Dr. Vincent Gray of New Zealand and Dr. Ross McKitrick of the University of Guelph, Canada. Concerning the “Greenhouse gas forcing …” statement above, Professor McKitrick explained “A categorical summary statement like this is not supported by the evidence in the IPCC WG I report. Evidence shown in the report suggests that other factors play a major role in climate change, and the specific effects expected from greenhouse gases have not been observed.”

Dr. Gray labeled the WG I statement as “Typical IPCC doubletalk” asserting “The text of the IPCC report shows that this is decided by a guess from persons with a conflict of interest, not from a tested model.”

Determining the level of support expressed by reviewers’ comments is subjective but a slightly generous evaluation indicates that just five reviewers endorsed the crucial ninth chapter. Four had vested interests and the other made only a single comment for the entire 11-chapter report. The claim that 2,500 independent scientist reviewers agreed with this, the most important statement of the UN climate reports released this year, or any other statement in the UN climate reports, is nonsense.

The rest of that article here: canadafreepress.com

This is far from consensus and it makes me wonder why the hyperbole and comment omissions? Truth doesn't need exaggeration. Truth stands on its own.

It's a fucked up system when the IPCC lies, when scientist can't speak their mind without losing their job and when scientists can't do anti-antrhopic warming research because nobody will fund it for fear of retribution by a hysterical public.

This calls into question how much consensus there REALLY is among climate scientists.

I think there may come a time when human industry is twice what it is today with global temperatures colder, and people will read history books and chuckle at 'those silly 21st century humans and their media-driven hysterics'.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Global warming is killing us all! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! [Re: gluke bastid]
    #7781899 - 12/20/07 02:35 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I made no such claim.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Global warming is killing us all! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! [Re: Diploid]
    #7781915 - 12/20/07 02:37 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

This is far from consensus

:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
    #7781946 - 12/20/07 02:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i thought reducing oil usage would keep us from funding terrorism or am i wrong?

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#7781948 - 12/20/07 02:46 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I guess you big government neo-con types disagree, and once again back your leader's attempt to tell everyone everywhere what they should do.

Silly lil' guy. I argue in favor of the less government the better.

--------------------

Scholar
Male

#7781955 - 12/20/07 02:47 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom