Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

United Nations 'Cooked Books' on Drugs
    #7770932 - 12/17/07 06:42 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

United Nations 'Cooked Books' on Drugs
December 17, 2007 - cannazine.co.uk

A criminologist from the University of Utrecht in Holland, has said the United Nations has willfully "manipulated" drug user figures, in a bid to discredit the liberal drug policies of The Netherlands.

For many years Holland has led the field in understanding and dealing with drugs and drug culture, and according to Prof. Tim Boekhout van Solinge, "‘It is no coincidence"

The UN wants to propagate the idea that things are getting out of hand here but in truth, this idea is wrong.

"Drug user figures in Holland compare favourably with the rest of Europe and in many cases Holland leads the way, proving a liberal attitude to drug use, as well as to the drug users themselves, can bring positive results in the grand scale of things.

But regardless of the success enjoyed by the Dutch administration, the United Nations has "spun" the facts to show Holland has the highest "per capita" drug addict head count in Europe, when in reality, the Dutch have the lowest.

How did the UN manage it?

At the time, (back in 2000), the European Union consisted of 15 member states.

But by changing the way data was collected from Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg, the United Nations essentially created a single country, called Benelux, and added the totals from all three countries together.

Adding the country with the highest drug addict count, (Luxembourg), to the figures of the country with the lowest amount of drug addicts.

Which is Holland, perhaps 'unsurprisingly' enough.

"The UN had reduced the list of 15 to 13 countries by counting the Benelux as one country," continues Prof. Boekhout van Solinge.

"These numbers were not properly linked to total population estimates. But instead, averages were calculated," and that’s how the Benelux ended on top of the list of drug addicted countries."

"The message for the public was clear: Dutch drug policy is not working."

Membership of the United Nations is subject to some stiff criteria which must be met regarding internal drug policies, and the UN have long been outspoken supporters of the war on drugs, and regardless of the scientific evidence which proves once and for all, prohibition, is not a strategy on which a successful drug prolicy can be built.

"Experts have been clamouring for years that this battle can never be won", says Boekhout van Solinge. "Things are just getting worse", and a spokesman for pro-cannabis reform website the 'Canna Zine' said, "Things are just getting worse."

"While the police chase their collective tails closing cannabis farms, a tide of heroin and opium is washing over, and killing our children. "The prescription drugs epidemic hasn't even reached us yet, but it will".

"Whilst the powers that be procrastinate in making some big decisions, Welsh drug charities are treating children as young as 13 years of age for heroin addiction."

"And all the while we have 'front line' troops such as Chief Constables, Doctors, Toxicologists, Lawyers, Judges etc, calling for the decriminalization and regulation of drugs."

"At a time when the United Kingdom is suffering an illicit drug crisis, we could really do with a show of leadership, right? And if our current administration are not up to the task, perhaps its time for a new government to take over?"

A government which is not afraid to do whats right for its people, and regardless of how the United Nations attempts to coerce them 'otherwise'.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Re: United Nations 'Cooked Books' on Drugs [Re: veggie]
    #7771243 - 12/17/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Unsurprisingly this didn't make the news broadcasts. lol. But really, is anyone going to be surprised by the "discovery".

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: United Nations 'Cooked Books' on Drugs [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #7772429 - 12/18/07 12:31 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting stuff Vegie, thanks

Invisiblealphabeatu
Sire
Male
Re: United Nations 'Cooked Books' on Drugs [Re: veggie]
    #7772498 - 12/18/07 12:56 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

the UN has always been a bunch of corrupt thieves

when you look at the new name benelux,it seems holland has been annexed by the other two countries

holland shares an L and an N in the new name
but the other two countries have been represented in it

if i was from holland i'd be pretty pissed about that too

--------------------

i need names and addresses of narc members

pm for details

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: United Nations 'Cooked Books' on Drugs [Re: alphabeatu]
    #7772865 - 12/18/07 05:21 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The UN is a tool for global enslavement. They are never going to be honest.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: United Nations 'Cooked Books' on Drugs [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #7772876 - 12/18/07 05:35 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

> The UN is a tool for global enslavement. They are never going to be honest.

Yet when I point out that the UN Global Warming push is nothing more than a wealth redistribution plan, I get no end of hate mail. Go figure...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleGreen420Thang
FriendlyStranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: This Island Earth, Behind the ...
Re: United Nations 'Cooked Books' on Drugs [Re: Seuss]
    #7773162 - 12/18/07 09:32 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> The UN is a tool for global enslavement. They are never going to be honest.

Yet when I point out that the UN Global Warming push is nothing more than a wealth redistribution plan, I get no end of hate mail. Go figure...

Keep keepin it real Seuss(& Visionary), the more people who start to see thru it the better!

Edited by Green420Thang (12/18/07 09:34 AM)

Offlinejettco23
Stranger
Re: United Nations 'Cooked Books' on Drugs [Re: alphabeatu]
    #7773584 - 12/18/07 12:13 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

alphabeatu said:
the UN has always been a bunch of corrupt thieves

when you look at the new name benelux,it seems holland has been annexed by the other two countries

holland shares an L and an N in the new name
but the other two countries have been represented in it

if i was from holland i'd be pretty pissed about that too

Holland is technically a region within the Netherlands. The "ne" in Benelux represents the Netherlands.

Offlinehoneypotty
Mad Scientist
Male

Re: United Nations 'Cooked Books' on Drugs [Re: jettco23]
    #7773698 - 12/18/07 12:47 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

OMG!!! Politishuns and burocrats LIE?!?!

Dude say its not so!!!!!

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

Re: United Nations 'Cooked Books' on Drugs [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #7775263 - 12/18/07 07:53 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/12/21 05:17 PM)

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: United Nations 'Cooked Books' on Drugs [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #7775681 - 12/18/07 09:41 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The reason is industrial hemp, with its 8 foot tall plants, gangly appearance, and little to no flowering, is impossible to tell apart from marijuana grown for canabanoid content.

The piggies will get confused. They'd have to add another page to their manual of "how to be a cop."

See if you can tell the difference between the bomb diggity and paper precursor products...

and w/out flowers

See? practically impossible.

Even highly trained law enforcment cannot acomplish this feat:

Quote:

Schwarzenegger vetoed the hemp bill in deference to law enforcement, according to Patrick Goggin, an attorney employed by the Hemp Industries Association and a Virginia-based lobbying group called Vote Hemp. "At the 11th hour John Lovell, representing the California Narcotics Officers Association and a number of other police groups, sent out a memo expressing extreme opposition," says Goggin. "It was clearly meant to influence the governor. The bill was already heading back to the Assembly for concurrence. His main point was that legal hemp would make it impossible for law enforcement to find illicit marijuana -even though the bill gave them the right to test and to confiscate any plants in excess of .3 percent THC."

See: http://www.counterpunch.org/gardner10072006.html

Quote:

Opponents argue biological similarities make it difficult to distinguish between the two varieties and can hinder law enforcement. John Lovell, legislative council with the California Narcotics Officers Association, was pleased with the governor's decision.

"When you talk to experienced narcotics officers, (they) can't tell the difference" between industrial and drug cannabis plants.

"You've got to do something different, you have to actually test the plants for THC content, and no one has any equipment to do those tests in California," Lovell continued.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20071015/ai_n21048716

A very good question is why law enforcment cares. They enforce the law, why should they care what it is? This reeks of ulterior motives even if you were totally naive as to the history of prohibition and the criminal justice industry.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: United Nations 'Cooked Books' on Drugs [Re: johnm214]
    #7775724 - 12/18/07 09:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

oh, and the contention that they couldn't determine whether a plant is above a certain threshold is both inane and false.

We do it millions of times a week in this country w/ unknown samples, only urine instead of plant matter.

Why can't we just develop a presumptive immunoassay test for the threshold limit of say a leaf (which presumably can be correlated to the whole plant's percentage) and simply shred the leaf, agitate w/ solvent/enzymes in a small vial, pipette out a standard quantity and run the dipstick test we all know from pregnancy, drugs, and other tests. Would be around $1 a pop.

Course I don't see the need anyways, but if the Terminator does, why not listen to both sides of the story prior to Terminating the bill? Does law enforcment get a blank check now?

I really wish people would start to view law enfrocment with the fear of terrorists. While your average leo isn't as scary as your average-issue terrorist, the per-capita risk to life, property, and happiness is certainly greater w/ LEO. I know I've never been fucked w/ by a terrrorist, but have been by LEO, including being searched, tackled, and other fun times, without being convicted

Scholar
Male

#7775746 - 12/18/07 10:00 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/12/21 05:18 PM)

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7775844 - 12/18/07 10:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

W/ regards to my contention that there's not much flowering, I meant quantitativly, not qualitativly; in that there is much smaller flowers in industrial plants. They serve little purpose when they reach huge masses, and just divert energy away from the stalk development.

Additionally, they seem to be harvested early on in the flowering, as there's diminishing returns at this point. As I've heard marijuana growers state, when the plant starts flowering, it stops growing mostly, and focuses on the flower/seed production, same as many fruit/seed bearing plants.

"For textile applications, cut hemp in the early flowering stage or while pollen is being shed, but before seed sets. Fibre that is cut after seed harvest will have lignified considerably and is usable only in some non-woven industrial fibre applications. In dioecious varieties, the male plants die back after shedding pollen. This results in lower fibre yields if the straw is cut after grain has matured." See: The northerly lands where they've conquered this technological marvel of distinguishing hemp from marijuana;
http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/facts/00-067.htm

====

I don't know if there's any advantage to getting one sex only seeds. As a legal matter, the rest of the plant still produces THC, so it's functionally marijuana cultivation untill the law changes at the federal level.

Seriously though, who cares if it flowers? The concentration is so low anyways.

And did you not see the very clear differences in cultivation methods and appearance between the industrial and marijuana phenotypes? The industrial type is planted very close to encourage elongation and fiber production, is harvested at the begining of flowering or before, is scragely looking w/ most but the top of the plant starved for light.

Marijuana is planted far appart, shorter, bushy, and well developed. Very heavily-mutated flowers which encompass much more of the plant. Besides the vast THC difference easily determined via on-site immunoassays. (Not saying these exist now, just saying they're very cheap, and could be easily made w/ freely available technology that would simply need to be standerdized and calibrated.)

See: http://naihc.org/hemp_information/content/hemp.mj.html and other resources for general differences between the THC content and other canabinoids, though I still say the visual differeance is plenty

Thus, using the chemotype approach, Cannabis variants can be classified on the basis of their THC-CBD balance. This is accepted by a growing number of scientists. Gabriel Nahas, M.D., Ph.D., writes, "One should still distinguish two principal large groups of varieties of Cannabis sativa, the drug type and the fiber type. In addition to this classical distinction of these two groups, botanists generally accept description consisting of three chemical types: (a) the pure drug type, high THC content (2-6 percent) and lacking CBD[cannabidiol]; (b) the "intermediate type" (predominantly THC); and (c) the fiber type (THC<0.25 percent)." [16]

Dr. Mahmoud ElSohly, Director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse Marijuana Project at the University of Mississippi-Oxford, which analyzes Cannabis samples sent in by law enforcement agencies, explained to the author [17] that his group is currently reevaluating the data collected since the 1960s. They are taking a new approach that classifies any sample with less than 1.0 percent THC and a CBD-to-THC ratio greater than one as "ditchweed," in order to have a proper discrimination among the samples. This was never done for the data on which the claims of great potency increase are based, from pre-1983 samples. Interestingly, this same threshold-

Scholar
Male

#7775883 - 12/18/07 10:44 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/12/21 05:18 PM)

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7775945 - 12/18/07 11:09 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

oh ok, got ya

Was probably a bit presumptious there, as you likely know more about hemp vs marijuana than I do after my brief research

But yeah, someone could try and hide them. But apart from the seed issue, I presume these fields would be sowed every year anyways, so you could do it I'd imagine. Just plant your own seeds along the industrial hemp.

But so what? Why would a farm do this? They'd be hidden in plain sight, but would seem visually distinct, and easily tested.

And since marijuana availability is only an issue of price, I doubt growing seedy weed in these conditions is good for the bud or the farmer. Can you imagine trying to get a good yeild packed that close in w/ much taller crops? That and the fact that by the time you're ready to harvest, your marijuana crop wouldn't really be close to done developing flowers= shitty yeilds.

I'd imagine any decent marijuana production would require much more room between plantings, and these irregularities would seem to be easy to spot.

But all this is assuming the advocates of this argument really believe it, which I can't imagine they do at the level of policy and lobbyists (though maybe they are that naive). They should know the differences in planting, harvesting, and appearance would be a dead giveaway, though maybe I'm missing something.

And besides, as MANY countries already have successfully implemented these farms, without any problems that I can find, it seems the argument has even less merit.

I think it rests on the ability of the LEO proxies to convince politicians and the public that since cannabis species are the same amongst the marijuana and hemp, that they are very difficult to distinguish. This neglects the analogy w/ dogs in that german shepherds and chihuahuas are the same species as well, but quite easy to distinguish between.

Really its just a smokescreen, as I'm sure we agree on.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds