Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefake estate
didgin it out
Male

Loc: NC
vegetarian?
    #7769185 - 12/17/07 11:46 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

all my life ive considered myself an animal person..i had a myriad of pets growing up and always enjoyed their company...long story short my life leads of to today--im home from college after a whole semester...see my old cat who i never had that good of a relationship with, he comes over casually and plops in my lap n starts purring..allowing me to pet him without a single snip at me, which never has happened before...

i had an enormous epiphany and realized how all animals have spirits that i can connect to, similarly some plants do too i believe, and because of this i shouldnt be eating them..on top of that i tripped on acid for the first time on the 14th...ate a lot of munchis and since then food has tasted extremely weird, but not in a good way, so i havent been eating a whole lot..i go smoke to get hungry and start semi tripping again and have this great epiphany...any onee else had anything like this happen to them? the only wway i could describe my feelings are as coinciding spiritual and sensory epiphanies

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: vegetarian? [Re: fake estate]
    #7769208 - 12/17/07 11:49 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Revelations are subjective and based on your personal makeup and past experiences IMO.

Liking animals and not wanting to eat them seems pretty harmless...

as long as you don't try to make it into a religion.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinefake estate
didgin it out
Male

Re: vegetarian? [Re: Icelander]
    #7769292 - 12/17/07 12:09 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

dont worry ive long ago realized that working too hard to persuade someone is not incredibly worthwile

--------------------
eat more algae.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7769606 - 12/17/07 01:20 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fake estate said:
i had an enormous epiphany and realized how all animals have spirits that i can connect to, similarly some plants do too i believe, and because of this i shouldnt be eating them..

Wait, so you don't eat animals OR plants? I too have felt both plant and animal spirits before. I often try to do the Native American thing and pray to the animal spirit in gratitude for the chance to eat.

--------------------

Offlinefake estate
didgin it out
Male

Re: vegetarian? [Re: Silversoul]
    #7769666 - 12/17/07 01:32 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

fake estate said:
i had an enormous epiphany and realized how all animals have spirits that i can connect to, similarly some plants do too i believe, and because of this i shouldnt be eating them..

Wait, so you don't eat animals OR plants? I too have felt both plant and animal spirits before. I often try to do the Native American thing and pray to the animal spirit in gratitude for the chance to eat.

im attempting to abstain from eating animals..mainly because of my newfound philosophy of spiritual connection to all animals..then as an aside i tried to incorporate plant spirits into my argument, in hopes of convincing many readers here (who likely have connected plant/fungi) spirits) as to the likelihood of connections between species and validating my reasons to not eat them any more haha...ill still munch on salad, and eat some space brownies tho

--------------------
eat more algae.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #7769685 - 12/17/07 01:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Eat what feels good.

To me, meat often feels good.

If you feel bad when you eat meat... don't eat it.

If eating plants makes you feel bad... don't eat them.

If starving to death starts to feel bad... eat something.

Thank your lucky stars you are in a position where you can moralize what you do and do not eat.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #7769837 - 12/17/07 02:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

i had an enormous epiphany and realized how all animals have spirits that i can connect to

Not sure what you mean by 'having a spirit'. You can connect to bacteria?

Vegetarians still kill and eat millions of microscopic animals. So is it merely unethical to eat large, furry and feathered animals?

I gave up eating blondes years ago.

--------------------

Offlinefake estate
didgin it out
Male

Re: vegetarian? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7770565 - 12/17/07 05:21 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

i had an enormous epiphany and realized how all animals have spirits that i can connect to

Not sure what you mean by 'having a spirit'. You can connect to bacteria?

Vegetarians still kill and eat millions of microscopic animals. So is it merely unethical to eat large, furry and feathered animals?

I gave up eating blondes years ago.

i dont often live my life through the view of a microscope therefore i cant pet my little single celled friends..and no one is intentionally harvesting bacteria for my consumption-- aside from a few cheeses which i find disgusting

although i did eat some amazing pizza tonight and i pray for those millions of brave yeast souls that lost their lives for my sustenance and enjoyment

--------------------
eat more algae.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #7770580 - 12/17/07 05:27 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I love animals as well. I can connect to them spiritually by consuming their flesh.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinepooppoop
Unlocking newdoors.
 User Gallery

Loc: Bizzaro Land
Re: vegetarian? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #7770670 - 12/17/07 05:50 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I just had a BIG MAC.

Thats not real meat is it?

--------------------
“Without disturbing anyone, I will choose My moment.”
I have seen the light.

D.A.R.E

Offlinefake estate
didgin it out
Male

Re: vegetarian? [Re: pooppoop]
    #7770709 - 12/17/07 05:58 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

its just extremely processed and often filled with fecal coliform, ecoli viruses and other nasty pathogens..but considerring the high level of care common among all fast food workers you should not worry at all about the little additions in your burgers as they are usually, well..almost always prepared properly..

i would also recommend that if you wish to keep up your ground beef filled diet you might want to shy away from any real research into the cattle or fast food industries

--------------------
eat more algae.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: vegetarian? [Re: pooppoop]
    #7770725 - 12/17/07 06:01 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Of course not. Your still a virgin.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinekody260z
Stranger

Re: vegetarian? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #7775299 - 12/18/07 08:05 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

For me, I choose to refrain from eating animals for a number of reasons. Primarily because when I looked at what goes on before the meat hits my plate, I was absolutely disgusted and I guarantee you, trying to eat meat after letting myself truly acknowledge what goes on does not "feel right", unless you are really good at getting yourself to ignore. The animals raised for our food consumption are treated with absolutely no respect, and often suffer the vast majority of their lives in confinement.

Furthermore, the meat industry is an absolute nightmare for our environment. In fact, by eating just one less pound of beef, one is saving approximately as much water as they would by not showering for an entire YEAR! It's just ridiculous.

Aside from that, study after study shows that vegetarianism is far healthier than eating meat. By going vegetarian, one immediately eliminating a SHITLOAD of cholesterol from their diet, along with a lot of saturated fats.

To see exactly what it is that animals go through before they hit your plate, take a peek here: www.tinyurl.com/5b5pn

To see the incredible environmental damage the meat industry is responsible for, read here: http://tinyurl.com/jl53v

There are just so many reasons to become vegetarian. But most of all, I believe that no animal should have to go through absolute hell just because we like how they taste. Along with that, eating meat from factory farms is so wasteful, the taste simply cannot balance it out.

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
Re: vegetarian? [Re: kody260z]
    #7775322 - 12/18/07 08:09 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

of course animals have spirits that you can connect to.
even more so if you eat them. they are supplying you with means to go on living.

like tribespeople. thank the spirits for their assistance in your living.

i think its how its supposed to be.
i've never not eaten meat, but i guess i can understand where vegetarians are coming from.

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

Offlinekody260z
Stranger

Re: vegetarian? [Re: igwna]
    #7775402 - 12/18/07 08:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

but doesn't part of thanking their spirit involve treating them with at least a LITTLE respect while they are alive? How can we truly respect them and be grateful of their involuntary sacrifice, if they were treated like pieces of a machine their entire lives?

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
    #7775418 - 12/18/07 08:29 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

you can still thank their spirit.

i don't really agree with america's methods but i have to eat..
i would love so much more for someone who does the dirty business of supply my food to thank the spirit of the animal for its meat but thats a little unrealistic.

i would do it myself if america's society was different.

but i still need to eat. and i don't object to the eating of animals just the senseless killing/torture of animals.

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

Offlinekody260z
Stranger

Re: vegetarian? [Re: igwna]
    #7775434 - 12/18/07 08:33 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

but the thing is, when you eat meat from factory farms, you are directly supporting just that..."the senseless killing/torture of animals". Whether you thank them for it or not afterwards doesn't change the fact that they were treated terribly during their lives. There are just so many other things to eat that don't involve the suffering of an innocent being who has done nothing wrong.

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #7775567 - 12/18/07 09:07 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

"Aside from that, study after study shows that vegetarianism is far healthier than eating meat. By going vegetarian, one immediately eliminating a SHITLOAD of cholesterol from their diet, along with a lot of saturated fats."

This is simply not true. While it is much easier to be unhealthy while eating meat, it is perfectly possible to eat meat and eat healthy.

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #7775574 - 12/18/07 09:08 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Any majesty these animals once had was lost when they became domesticated. They are just eating, breathing, beef machines now.

BTW, if we must honor them, why not just eat kosher?

Offlinefake estate
didgin it out
Male

Re: vegetarian? [Re: xFrockx]
    #7775966 - 12/18/07 11:20 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

we have also altered their genetics through selective breeding, and now through more invasive means, so greatly that they may appear to be dumb and ignorant "animals" but learn ways to commiserate with them and understand that inside every animal is a soul that can feel and think. We humans often place too much importance on our perspective that we forget about the bigger picture...im finally now realizing

--------------------
eat more algae.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order