Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Why i suck at this.
    #7771075 - 12/17/07 07:22 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Ok i know its a poorly wordrd subject but im the funny one remember...

I have tried PF teks for 2.5 months and everything has gotten contam... I do not have a PC so thats a big issue.. Tich is the devil... I have ordered a ready to go grain bag from a sponsor and i have a nice r44 print (thanks umm... who sent me that?? thanks anyway..) so i wanna go from print to syringe (i have one from my first atempt) to bag.. im just gonna fruit in bag the first time (hopefuly).. any print to syring sugestions??

Im starting to get frustrated.. i understand what im sapose to do.. i even think i get good advice most of the time.. but i just cant seem to grow fucking mushrooms.... I SUCK AT THIS!!!

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesomebody041
bud tester
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: Slimz]
    #7771112 - 12/17/07 07:31 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

don't cut corners. do everything exactly as the tek says. even if it seems redundant.

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
    #7771118 - 12/17/07 07:32 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Keep at it.

Print to syringe, a la Magash,
Quote:

Making the syringes.

1. Well first I fill up a half pint jar with filtered water.
2. Then I like to add 2 or three drops of jet dry to the water (keeps spores from clumping and sticking to the sides of the syringe) and fill the syringes.
3. I put the syringes into a quart jar and put them in the pc so the needle tip faces up. (if they don?t face up the water will shoot out when it boils.
4. I wrap 1 shot glass for each syringe in foil, put them in a quart jar and put them in the pc too.
5. I pc at 15psi for an hour.
6. When it?s all still hot as hell I load it all into a glove box that has had the living shit sprayed out of it with Lysol the night before. Spore prints to be used go in too.
7. This part is just a me thing but when it cools I unwrap and use one shot glass for each syringe. Flake off the print into the shot glass the amount of spores your going to use, shoot in the water from one of the syringes and suck it back up with the spores. The amount of spores used is up to you cause at this point I go overboard again.

I know there is a lot of steps in this and it?s a lot of overkill but it does leave little room for contams.

The only advice I would have is to go buy a pressure cooker. They take up a lot of the slack that we all have in our sterility procedures.

Good luck with it.

--------------------

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #7771134 - 12/17/07 07:36 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

well if you can not manage to sterilize brf jars without a p-cooker then I do not think you can make a syringe.

Now you say that you did the pf tek.
Did you follow the mmgg exactly??? Did you come in here and read other variations and try this also?
Where did you get the syringe?

So here is the deal. Follow the mmgg. Do not change anything. I mean anything. Make sure you follow the brf formula, the clean verm layer depth, wipe the rims, cook for an hour in boiling water, let cool, check to make sure water didnter get in the jars, flame the needle, inject 3 jars at a time, flame the needle after every third jar, cover the tops with foil, leave them be for 2 weeks without looking at them, let completely colonize without fucking with them, put them in a fc without dunking and rolling. Pick some mushrooms.

Did you do all this??? No you say, you fucked around and tried different shit because people here said so. hmm weird.

Follow directions next time and you will be fine. Do not try the shit these people talk about until you have the basics down.

get s syringe from a company that can make a clean one.

The old pf syringes were the only ones that I could use on agar or lc's and they would be clean. We still do not know what they were doing there to make them so viable.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #7771142 - 12/17/07 07:37 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I would test the syringe you make on something else before injecting the grain bag. One thing I have learned from trades is that some people don't use good sterile techniques! I would increase your sterilization times if you are getting contams. If you have to boil the jars for 3 hours, so be it.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: tahoe]
    #7771181 - 12/17/07 07:45 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
Did you do all this??? No you say, you fucked around and tried different shit because people here said so. hmm weird.

Follow directions next time and you will be fine. Do not try the shit these people talk about until you have the basics down.

LOL! Preach on brother!

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflinePr0_X
CultivationLifer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Igloo's and polar bears
Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: FooMan]
    #7772473 - 12/18/07 12:47 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

It's easy man, if anything order a syringe from ralph or a sponsor. It took me a few months of trial and error with pfcakes before I got them and like a year and a half to master rye, it all comes with failures and sucess. Like anything else in life you will never get good by giving up, fuck up, learn, fuck up, learn, success, fuck up, learn, success, success.

That's how cultivation goes for some :smile:

--------------------
It's okay to hurt my feelings
cause you know, they're so numb anyway.
but I guess it's what I get
for being to fuckin stupid to stay away - Jake

- Support the FSR at www.fsrcanada.com and www.fsre.nl

OfflineNebula
Stranger

Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: Pr0_X]
    #7772785 - 12/18/07 03:42 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

First of all, I would advise you to follow the mmgg guide or pftek guide closely. And pay attention to the following things while inoculating:
- get a pressure cooker! It increases your chance of success considerably.
- don’t forget to flame sterilize your needle right before the inoculation of every jar, this is very important!
- take a shower right before inoculation, wear gloves (cleaned by alcohol), wear clean clothes and wear a mouth mask
- use a glovebox if possible. Clean the glovebox thoroughly using alcohol.
- get a syringe from a reliable supplier.

I've only grown once and inoculated 5 jars. None of them were contaminated.
Try spore printing once you've mastered all of this.

Edited by Nebula (12/18/07 04:48 AM)

OfflineCuriosity_Breach
Man in the fog
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: Nebula]
    #7772792 - 12/18/07 03:54 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Use your brain, dont cut corners. Think really what you're doing. Understanding WHY youre doing what youre doing is very important. You can automate everything duplicate all that you hear but youll never truly be self sufficient until you understand the chemistry behind one of natures most mysterious things "mushrooms". Theres good posts here on the science of it all i would recommend reading through those even if it doesnt seem pertinent. dont give up, if youre doing something wrong change your process systematically and youll get it eventually. by the way pressure cookers are awesome, buy one if you really care. good luck man :mushroom2: :thumbup:

--------------------
Just because you're paranoid, Doesn't mean they're not after you.

When life gives you horse shit, make mushrooms.

Offlinerice_smuggler
Stranger
Male

Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: Curiosity_Breach]
    #7772799 - 12/18/07 04:07 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Having a PC and glovebox will definitely increase your odds of success. A homemade GB can be made for under $20 and if you go to your local thrift store you might be able to snag a used PC for $5. Except no substitutes when following any teks until you've mastered your technique. I'm still fairly new to mycology and so far I've done 7 QT grain jars, 6 pint grain jars and 3 batches of LC with 0 contams - I owe much of my success to having a PC, my homemade GB and practicing good sterile techniques.

Offlineverminute
Stay out of theOTD!
Male

Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: somebody041]
    #7773010 - 12/18/07 08:01 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

somebody041 said:
don't cut corners. do everything exactly as the tek says. even if it seems redundant.

Also, invest in Purell as well.

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: verminute]
    #7773315 - 12/18/07 10:36 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

well im just fonna cheat for my first grow...

Retail(spores101) syringe flame sterilized in to a retail (mushbox) rye bag.. once i get that going ill have annother 8cc of good spore to try BRF again.

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

#7773393 - 12/18/07 11:01 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The one an only time I have ever gotten contams was when I did anything (Spore syringes, prints, inoculation, cloning, grain to grain) outside of a glovebox.

These help ensure success.

Tyvek.
Pressure Cooker.
Glove Box.
Lysol.

I can't get any more simple for ya.

Offlinemescalinaz
TheCapitator

Loc: NorthWeastFromTheEast
Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: Fraggin]
    #7773676 - 12/18/07 12:41 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

bro buy some pressure cooker on ebay or somerthing i got mine a week ago for something that would be there 30 bux postage included... im sure you got that money stashed under your mattres :grin:

--------------------
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

Offlinebryanbzl
Spawn Runner
 User Gallery

Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: mescalinaz]
    #7773763 - 12/18/07 01:09 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

YE BRO.

--------------------
Cheers,

bzl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"From 1898 through to 1910 heroin was marketed as a non-addictive morphine substitute and cough medicine for children."

conclusion:
poor fucking children of the early 1900's.

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: Fraggin]
    #7773767 - 12/18/07 01:10 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You started off too fast Slimz, you tried to fly before you could walk.

I don't think it is that you suck, just that you have been overenthusiastic.

On your first grow you have tried cakes LCs, spawning (to microwaved coir, a very bad idea).

Try following a cake tek to the letter and I'm sure you'll get it right.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: Nibin]
    #7774705 - 12/18/07 05:40 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

FYI, Spores101 is no longer a sponsor.

--------------------

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: thedefone]
    #7774709 - 12/18/07 05:41 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

what happened?

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: Nibin]
    #7774722 - 12/18/07 05:44 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Dunno. Here is a post about it though.

--------------------

Edited by thedefone (12/18/07 05:44 PM)

Offlineblueshroprachaun
Student Of The Spore 2y2l
 User Gallery

Re: Why i suck at this. [Re: thedefone]
    #7774861 - 12/18/07 06:22 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I was never OCD until I tried many times and failed at what everyone plainly referred to as "basic" cultivation technique. The teks do such a good job of being basic you feel like you can cut corners. You do have to follow the teks, not just to the letter but way beyond the pixels they are displayed on. And understand even when you do this, sometimes evil contams can intervene, but you learn. Turn the anger from failing into a hunger for getting it right, and more so, getting it better than right.

Good luck and don't give up! :smile:

--------------------
"All things are poison and nothing is without poison, only the dose permits something not to be poisonous." - Paracelsus,  the father of toxicology

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags