Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemerk227
Good ByeShroomery
Post deleted by Moe Howard
    #776260 - 07/25/02 01:58 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
I'm done with drugs and growing mushrooms forever, or at least until the current drug laws change, its not worth the risk to me. Thank you for your information that you have provided me shroomery, but I will not be using it. Thanks Moe for deleting my posts, Good bye all, and have great lives. -merk227

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSquid
withdrawn fromthe everdayworld

Re: Fast Colinization Methods [Re: merk227]
    #776275 - 07/25/02 02:03 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Using straight whole brown rice with no vermiculite supposed to be really fast. However I've never tried it only read about it. I will try next batch.

--------------------
A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move towards higher levels. -A. Einstein

Invisiblediseased
Stranger
    #776374 - 07/25/02 03:01 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

leave the substrate as lose as you can, you wont fit nearly as much into each jar as the recipe calls for, but it will colonize a lot faster.

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
Re: Fast Colinization Methods [Re: diseased]
    #776436 - 07/25/02 03:27 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you want some faster colognizing, try transfering mycleium to a new substrate like cut a piece of one colognized jar and stick that into a new jar and it will save you the couple of days it takes for your spores to germinate. I have been doing this with grains and noticed they go alot faster than with just spores. Also one time I made a whole syringe from 1 dark eq print that was about the size of a quarter. The syringe was so purple/black with spores and I squirted about 1 cc's of soluition in each of the four holes in the lid around the whole cake and the cake finished in like 5 or 6 days. Its a waste of spores but if you have plenty than why not. I love making some dark ass syringes.

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: Fast Colinization Methods [Re: Killa420]
    #776461 - 07/25/02 03:37 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I agree, take a "master jar" and use it to colonize new jars. It cuts the colonization time down quiet a bit. If your feeling really adventurous, try using agar. Its really not hard at all, and works extremely well. bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: Fast Colinization Methods [Re: Squid]
    #776470 - 07/25/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

Using straight whole brown rice with no vermiculite supposed to be really fast.

I dunno.....If that were a better way to go, that would be the route everyone goes. The verm serves a purpose, that is why its part of the formula. Moisture is very important. After all mushrooms are about 90% water. Yet like you, I cant speak from experience, never tryed a straight rice cake. Dont think I will either

If this thread turns in too a "colonization in 3 days" Im gonna shit right here!!

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Invisiblemerk227
Good ByeShroomery
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: bluhoney]
    #776481 - 07/25/02 03:44 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
I'm done with drugs and growing mushrooms forever, or at least until the current drug laws change, its not worth the risk to me. Thank you for your information that you have provided me shroomery, but I will not be using it. Thanks Moe for deleting my posts, Good bye all, and have great lives. -merk227

Invisiblediseased
Stranger
    #776529 - 07/25/02 04:02 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, the only problem is you have to open the lid, so sterility is a big factor..but ive done it successfully and it does go a little faster. Oh and yeah, looser subtrate will yield less,( but if you use it for spawn it doesnt really matter.)

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

#776557 - 07/25/02 04:14 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Using sterile technique , really just a can of lysol, some gloves and a clean surface will sufice. Put the colonized jar beside the fresh jar. with a exacto knife,(heated over a flame), quickly open the lid of the master jar and stab a small piece of mycelia from the jar and transfer it quickly to the uncolonized jar. Remember mycelia itself is not as easily contaminiated as most people think, its the substrate that causes most problems, once the mycelia is mature it has good immunity(not great) but good. Agar is nothing more than a part of seaweed sold in health food stores as nail hardener supplements. Professional agar is a little different, but the health food type works good. My friend uses agar from the health store. Try this:
Take two whole potatoes, wash them good and then grate them in a pot. Add water and boil until the potatoes are cooked. Now Pour this through cheese cloth(available at walmart) into a jar. Keep the liquid, eat the potatoes . Now pour this liquid into a pot and slowly bring to a boil. Add 4 tablespoons of sugar into the pot, then add 3/4 cup agar, and cut off the heat. Pour the mixture into petri dishes( or use widemouth half pint jars). Now pressure cook the jars at 15psi for 1 hour, let cool and then innoculate (dry spores work best, but just a drop of spore water works well. Inncubate like normal jars and when the white stuff grows and forms ropy sectors, cut a small piece of this(vigorous growth) and put it into a unclonized jar. Works great. From one petri dish, you can create 20 more or more new jars. bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Offlinefunwithgus
Loc: Philadelphia area
    #776652 - 07/25/02 04:49 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yup, what everyone else said. To colonize PF jars faster use smaller jars, don't pack the substrate at all, use the right amount of water, innoculate with more spore solution in more places or better yet innoculate with mycelium, and incubate at 85 F.

--------------------
Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Yes, I've been eating them, for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once.

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Re: Fast Colinization Methods [Re: bluhoney]
    #776663 - 07/25/02 04:52 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"Ahh, thats what I was hoping for, did this method hurt the yield at all? And it was ready to birth in 5-6 days?"

No this didnt affect no yeild at all. The jar was 100% done in like 5 or 6 days, dont remember exactly. If your doing cakes then you will want to leave it for a couple of more days, but since I was doing a casing it was done right then and there.

Invisiblemerk227
Good ByeShroomery
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Killa420]
    #776721 - 07/25/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
    #776808 - 07/25/02 05:55 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Not sure, I have never incubated at that temp. I guess it would work, but then it will probally take longer.

Invisiblemerk227
Good ByeShroomery
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Killa420]
    #776814 - 07/25/02 05:58 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineSquid
withdrawn fromthe everdayworld

Re: Fast Colinization Methods [Re: pleezr]
    #776856 - 07/25/02 06:12 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well one step I forgot to mention is that you have to cook the rice before you use it. The cooked rice should hold quite a bit of water. Here is a link to the tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/9er/substrate.html

--------------------
A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move towards higher levels. -A. Einstein

OfflineShadowSpore
abort
Male

Loc: Amsterdam
    #776875 - 07/25/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What strain is it?

--------------------
"Lesson over, class may now eat their science projects" - Shdwstr
:mushroom2:My Grow Threads:mushroom2:
SG30
Thai Mystery
Penis Envy
Treasure Coast
B+
Australian

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fast Colinization Methods [Re: pleezr]
    #777020 - 07/25/02 07:27 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well PleezR I can say I`ve tried whole rice cakes and they do colonise faster than my brf/verm cakes. Also I find you don`t pack the substrate in either so that might be a cause of the faster colonisation.
One thing I did note is that the whole rice jar was the perfect water to substrate ratio and colonised well.Some of my brf/verm cakes started gunking up after a while as the mycelium produced moisture.
One thing I have noted is that the whole rice doesn`t produce large fruits, nice fruits, good size yes but not what is to be expected.
So it has it`s pros but lots of cons.
I`ve been instead colonising whole rise and then thinking of spawning poo or straw.
Although, the whole rice idea is fading fast.
Rye is deffinately becoming my preferred substrate.

OfflineRemiMartin
Loc: UK
    #777345 - 07/25/02 11:01 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Liquid Substrate Tek http://www.mycofanatic.com/teks/lsubstrate.htm

Its really easy, I just boiled some water and put into a jar. Once the water had cooled for about 10 secs ( ) I mixed in a few drops of honey and put a lid on the jar. Leave the jar for several days the spores can germinate.
Whenever I need to innoculate a jar I just steralize a syringe, shake the jar with the honey water in, and suck up 10cc of that lovely liquid. And as I can make new liquid substrate jars by just adding a bit of this liquid substrate to another jar with honey water in, you can use as much solution on each jar as you like.

Invisiblemerk227
Good ByeShroomery
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: RemiMartin]
    #777504 - 07/26/02 01:57 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #777603 - 07/26/02 04:10 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Filter disks in PF jars are supposed to speed up colonisation. I have no experience with them, suposed to work good tho.

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures