Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePoisonedV
Fuming Shrooming
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hell
Too many spores?
    #7764226 - 12/16/07 12:17 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I put about 4cc's of spores into 1 jar. I did it on accident, the syringe was looser than normal. Anyway, will this make it grow faster, make it grow worse, or does it not matter?

--------------------
Lazy...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrake
Stranger

Re: Too many spores? [Re: PoisonedV]
    #7764263 - 12/16/07 12:27 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I would think that it wouldn't have to much impact on moisture content, although 4cc's is more than the normal 1. Not by much. However I would imagine the extra spores would do anything but hurt. :2cents:

--------------------
MANGO

Snowman wakes before dawn. He lies unmoving, listening to the tide coming in, wave after wave sloshing over the various barricades, wish-wash, wish-wash, the rhythm of heartbeat. He would so like to believe he is still asleep.

Invisibleflavoraid
now with twicethe ketamine andopiates!
Male

Re: Too many spores? [Re: Crake]
    #7764283 - 12/16/07 12:33 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

IF the moisture content isn't thrown off I'd assume it would only colonize faster.

--------------------
coda said:
imachavel, Man you really need to do some reading, the amount of bullshit you put into almost every single one of your posts is absolutely astounding.

OfflinePoisonedV
Fuming Shrooming
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Too many spores? [Re: flavoraid]
    #7764293 - 12/16/07 12:36 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Ok so either the spores moisturized the injection points a whole lot or the things are starting to colonize already. I am seeing some white growth that looks to pale to be just moisture. =D

--------------------
Lazy...

OfflinePoisonedV
Fuming Shrooming
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7765530 - 12/16/07 01:10 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Another update, these things are growing, it's definitely not moisture. Awesome.

--------------------
Lazy...

Offlinec0_hush
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7765589 - 12/16/07 01:29 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

If you do the math, each 1/2 pint jar gets around 60cc's of water mixed in with verm + brf so adding 4cc's of solution would most likely be insignificant.

--------------------

OfflineTheravadaDreams
Cosmic Voyager
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Florida
Re: Too many spores? [Re: c0_hush]
    #7766464 - 12/16/07 05:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I use 2 cc's per jar for 1/2 Pint cakes.

--------------------
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -Siddhartha Guatama a.k.a Buddha.

MonsterMitch Mono-Tub.

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Too many spores? [Re: TheravadaDreams]
    #7766483 - 12/16/07 05:30 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

1 cc is more than enough. I get 12 jars out of a 10cc syringe and get growth in around 3 days without even using an incubator.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Too many spores? [Re: Nibin]
    #7767412 - 12/16/07 09:11 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Using more solution poses the risk of increasing the moisture content of the substrate. They should still grow fine as long as your moisture content wasnt too wet.

U may get more substrains growing giving a wider varience in genetics.

It may work out in your favour or not. Its quite random so theres no telling how it will go.

As long as your substrate and sterile technique is good, it will grow, the only variables left is genetics (and your enviroment)

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: Too many spores? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7767556 - 12/16/07 09:46 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The added moisture is pretty small...but if the moisture in your spawn was a little high it might have an impact...I recently had the same thing happen and my moisture content was already a tad high. I had issues and ended up trashing that particular jar's worth of sub....but if you stuck to your recipe properly those extra 3 cc's...probably not a big deal.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

OfflinePoisonedV
Fuming Shrooming
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Too many spores? [Re: oysterguy63]
    #7767887 - 12/16/07 11:20 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

So the shit is starting to spread out more. Not enough heat, but it is still growing strong. Should I place the jar on an lizard-terrarium heater?

--------------------
Lazy...

InvisibleCrake
Stranger

#7767917 - 12/16/07 11:31 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

What temp. do you have them at? You know what, I think I'm going to go with the latest general consensus on this one... There have been a lot of threads lately stating that lower, as compared to higher temperatures are less likely to contaminate early on in the game. Mycelium will still grow with temperatures in the high 60s and low 70s and at these temperatures has a better chance at "out running" most other microbes within the confines of your jar.

--------------------
MANGO

Snowman wakes before dawn. He lies unmoving, listening to the tide coming in, wave after wave sloshing over the various barricades, wish-wash, wish-wash, the rhythm of heartbeat. He would so like to believe he is still asleep.

OfflinePoisonedV
Fuming Shrooming
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Too many spores? [Re: Crake]
    #7767955 - 12/16/07 11:46 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Inside temp. is about 68, and it is wrapped in a towel or 2

--------------------
Lazy...

InvisibleGlacier Creek
The Chef
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #7768056 - 12/17/07 12:33 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The only problem with shooting too much spore solution into a jar is all of the different substrains, meaning each pair of spores that met up to germinate, have to basicly "mate" to form one organism in order to fruit. Certain substrains are not compatable with one another, and will just refuse to conjoin with another.

Here is what RR had to say about it in one of my posts.

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Some growers have reported very fast 'colonization' with extremely full syringes. Healthy, fresh spores will begin to germinate within 20 minutes of being placed into grains or agar.

What hasn't ever been reported is nice flushes from very dark syringes. Any time you have thousands of substrains, at least a few will be non-compatible and won't merge into a single organism, which inhibits fruiting.

In addition, since no print is completely sterile, the more spores, the more contaminants that go along for the ride, thus often the contamination rates are higher.

RR

--------------------

Google "Earthly Info" to find my mushroom recipes. #1 baby.. yeah...

WARNING: All messages posted under this profile
are actually algorithmicly generated by an AI computer program.  No truth or actual events are being generated, and as a result cannot be investigated for thier validity.  (message 2345433)

Offlineverminute
Stay out of theOTD!
Male

Re: Too many spores? [Re: Glacier Creek]
    #7768552 - 12/17/07 08:37 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I did the same thing, got about 5 cc into one jar. The rest of the jars about 1 - 1.5.

Note: don't inclulate jars at 7am without sleep, still drunk and stoned.

God damnit, what the hell was I thinking.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #7768585 - 12/17/07 08:59 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Glacier Creek said:

The only problem with shooting too much spore solution into a jar is all of the different substrains, meaning each pair of spores that met up to germinate, have to basicly "mate" to form one organism in order to fruit. Certain substrains are not compatable with one another, and will just refuse to conjoin with another.

Here is what RR had to say about it in one of my posts.

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:

Some growers have reported very fast 'colonization' with extremely full syringes. Healthy, fresh spores will begin to germinate within 20 minutes of being placed into grains or agar.

What hasn't ever been reported is nice flushes from very dark syringes. Any time you have thousands of substrains, at least a few will be non-compatible and won't merge into a single organism, which inhibits fruiting.

In addition, since no print is completely sterile, the more spores, the more contaminants that go along for the ride, thus often the contamination rates are higher.

RR

I think you are misunderstanding what RR meant in his post.

what RR is saying is that having too many spores or a dark syringe will cause problems.

he is not saying that using more spore solution is a problem.

In fact I have found that using 2 cc's of a (normal) spore syringe...

1/2 a cc in each pf jar hole(4 hole lid)...

rather than using 1 cc per pf tek jar...

with the pf teks Maximum fruiting formula will colonize faster and fruit better.

Maximum fruiting formula:
1/4 cup of brown rice powder
1/2 cup of vermiculite
60 cc's water

I can colonize a pf jar in 6 to 10 days!~

at 81 degrees F. in my incubator.

and I can colonize them even faster with an LC.

definition of a normal syringe : taking a 1/4" by 1/4" square from a spore print and making a syringe from that.

anything more is a waste of spores!~

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlineverminute
Stay out of theOTD!
Male

Re: Too many spores? [Re: Roadkill]
    #7769637 - 12/17/07 01:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

40cc equals to around 1/4 cup correct?

InvisibleGlacier Creek
The Chef
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Too many spores? [Re: verminute]
    #7770567 - 12/17/07 05:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't misunderstand anything. I was just pointing out the fact that more spores in a jar might mean faster colonization, but it could hurt the end result. I'm sure his 4cc is fine, but I have no idea what sort of syringe he used.

If it was an over packed syringe from say earthstongue.com and he used 4 cc he would have something to worry about. I know this, because I did almost the same thing, and the multispore flush was shit. The syringe was almost black it was so full of spores.

If this was similar to the one he used, I wanted to save him the trouble and move right to cloning, or pull a new print.

So I am not sure how I "misunderstood" what he was saying.

--------------------

Google "Earthly Info" to find my mushroom recipes. #1 baby.. yeah...

WARNING: All messages posted under this profile
are actually algorithmicly generated by an AI computer program.  No truth or actual events are being generated, and as a result cannot be investigated for thier validity.  (message 2345433)

InvisibleBUDDHA_702
Master Mycologist In Training
Male

Loc: Some Country
    #7770579 - 12/17/07 05:27 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The spores wont hurt the extra water will. No way to fix it now just be more careful next time

OfflinePoisonedV
Fuming Shrooming
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Too many spores? [Re: BUDDHA_702]
    #7779951 - 12/19/07 11:19 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

So the growth is stalling. It hasn't gotten any more mycelium in several days. I am worried.

--------------------
Lazy...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate