Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Leaving for weekend...
    #776049 - 07/25/02 12:02 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Okay friends...as I'm frantically packing my stuff to start my relocation tomorrow...it dawned on me...I have a casing in the terrarium and several pins for the 2nd flush are already appearing...what would be the best place for me to put the terrarium in til I get back Sunday?

Should I put it in the fridge to cold shock it til I'm back? Or will 2 days without misting or fanning be okay? Since the pins are just starting I'm not worried about a shroom explosing and capping out...just concerned with air exchange and moisture.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Peace,

Boppity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerosewoodpete
a grain of sandamongst thedunes

Re: Leaving for weekend... [Re: Boppity604]
    #776144 - 07/25/02 12:49 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Id leave it in the fridge

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #776207 - 07/25/02 01:30 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I'd leave it in the fruiting chamber if you already have pins.
I don't think putting a casing that is already pinning into the frig is a good idea.

If you have a air bubbler......that would be enough air exchange til you get back.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Leaving for weekend... [Re: Roadkill]
    #776218 - 07/25/02 01:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Road,

I don't have a bubbler or the means to get one...should I just crack the terrarium lid open slightly? It's a small terrarium so the CO2 build up will happen pretty fast...I'd hate to have to take this with me the whole way to PA and back...that would not be wise. If I leave it in my closet on a top shelf with the lid cracked do you think it would be enough air exchange?

Thanks again for your help.

peace,

Bop

OfflineMadDhAdDeR420
enthusiast
Loc: Arizona
    #776234 - 07/25/02 01:41 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

go to pets mark and get an air pump and bublber stone then you won't have to worry about leaving just let nature take cource. poke lil hole in ur terrerium right above the perlite so the fresh air will push out the co2. have a good day

--------------------
Live life to the fullest.

Invisiblediseased
Stranger
    #776238 - 07/25/02 01:42 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

spray the walls down and leave a crack about 1 cm... for better CO2 outlet, put the lid of the terrarium on a table facing up, put your casings on the lid as a floor, and use the terrarium as an igloo..just pull one side over the lid about 1 cm. leave the crack hanging over the edge of a table so CO2 can easily flow down and out, ive been having an out of town problem myself, and this is the best i could come up with, hope that helps! (if you know they wont drop spores by the time your back, leave them in your terrarium, once they are fruiting, overlay is not a problem)

Invisiblediseased
Stranger
    #776242 - 07/25/02 01:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

thats funny dude, i just took my casings FROM PA to *&%$ !, that was one fucking nerve racking ride with 3 terrariums full of casings! (mine were almost ripe so i had no choice..)

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: Leaving for weekend... [Re: diseased]
    #776256 - 07/25/02 01:56 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well the problem is CO2 sinks below air, that means the CO2 buildup will be on the bottom of the terrarium and the oxygen on the top. If you just left the terr a crac open it would probably help a LITTLE but not much. A fan blowing on the crack would be great.

Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Leaving for weekend... [Re: Fd3000]
    #776267 - 07/25/02 02:00 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>>A fan blowing on the crack would be great.

Yeah, great for introducing contams into the terrarium. Urgh. I think I'll just crack the lid a little and make two small holes in the bottom above the perlite unless Roadkill has a better solution. To whomever told me to go buy a bubbler...I can't right now. I'm relocating and can't waste my $$ on anything frivolous. If I lose the the flush/casing ...so be it...it's not that deep. LOL

Peace,

Bop

Invisiblediseased
Stranger
    #776281 - 07/25/02 02:05 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

im telling you dude, invert the terrarium with the crack on the bottom, the CO2 will flow down...other wise your gonna need to buy a bubbler, i was to cheap because i would have had to buy 3, one for each terrarium, ive left fruitng casings like this successfully for four days, the humidity dropped a little, thats why spraying the walls down right before you leave is good...they fruited just fine.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #776296 - 07/25/02 02:14 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

With all due respect diseased...I don't know you and I am not dumping out all my perlite just to recreate the terarrium set up for two days. I thank you for your advice...but I'm waiting to hear what Roadkill has to say further.

Peace,

Boppity

Invisiblediseased
Stranger
    #776309 - 07/25/02 02:22 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

first off, i didnt know you had perlite in your terrarium, ive never needed that for casings, secondly if you only want help from people you know, then why post it publicly? just PM him...

Invisibleqbert
Cosmic Cutie
    #776393 - 07/25/02 03:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I went away for the weekend last week, i left my fruiting chamber the way it was, closed up, no air exchange, loads of pins. When i came back i had the biggest mushrooms id ever had. My advise would be to just leave it be, just consider it an experiment in neglect......

--------------------
Support the FSRCanada

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #776398 - 07/25/02 03:10 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>>first off, i didnt know you had perlite in your terrarium

I stated as much above when I mentioned I might drill holes "just above the perlite"

>>secondly if you only want help from people you know, then why post it publicly? just PM him...

I usually do...but when I find a situation that I think other newbies might benefit from as well I post in the cult forums.

Peace,

Bop

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Leaving for weekend... [Re: qbert]
    #776406 - 07/25/02 03:13 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>>My advise would be to just leave it be, just consider it an experiment in neglect......

That really wouldn't be a bad idea...that was my original impulse too. Simply fan and spray tomorrow morning when I wake up like I normally do...perhaps spray a little extra to make up for the missed sprays on Saturday and then simply fan and spray when I get back Sunday night. I'd rather run the risk of having too much CO2 than invite contams into the terrarium/casing.

Thanks for another option to consider!

Peace,

Bop

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
    #776423 - 07/25/02 03:21 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I left about 5 cakes that were on their second flush in the same container for 5 days before. They were just pins when I left and all I did was put the lid on upside down so that it wasnt that tight on the terrain and when I got back I had some nice overdone koh samuis. They had dropped a bunch of spores but other than that they were fine. They still went on for 2 more flushes after some dunks and never got contamed so for 2 days I think you should be fine. I didnt have no air pump either and perlite for the humidity

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: Leaving for weekend... [Re: Killa420]
    #776466 - 07/25/02 03:38 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Oh 2 days, bah! 2 days is completely fine, just fan and mist well before you leave and you'll be happy to see the growth when you get back.

Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Invisiblediseased
Stranger
    #776502 - 07/25/02 03:54 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

im not trying to be a squabling asshole, but

>>I stated as much above when I mentioned I might drill holes "just above the perlite

i was writing my response before that reply came up, ergo i had not knowledge of that yet

>>I usually do...but when I find a situation that I think other newbies might benefit from as well I post in the cult forums.

as do i, when i feel a newbie might benefit my response, i post it. just because i haven't been posting in these forums here for very long, that doesn't mean i don't know what im talking about. if you aren't open minded to advice from new perspectives....well never mind, im done with this thread.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #776515 - 07/25/02 03:57 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>>when i feel a newbie might benefit my response, i post it. just because i haven't been posting in these forums here for very long, that doesn't mean i don't know what im talking about.

I never said it did.

>>if you aren't open minded to advice from new perspectives....

I thanked you for your advice. Your second post was imposing on me to only follow your advice. Who's the one not being open-minded now?

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #776527 - 07/25/02 04:02 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hi.....bro

I don't think leaving the cover partialy open is a great idea.
I think you would be inviting contams and low humidity into your fruiting chamber.
If the humidity gets too low the casing might dry up on you.... I'd hate to see your casing get wasted.

If you can't afford a air bubbler I think you have the wrong hobby.
Sorry....but they aren't that much.

Your choices are.....IMO

1.) Get an air pump and some air hose and a air stone.....$20.00 probably.
2.) Get a Mushroom babysitter.
3.) Stay home.
4.) Mist the fuck out of the sides and leave the cover on.....and pray.
5.) Pull all the pins off....cover it up....shove the casing in the frig til you get back home.

I'd do either #1 or #5 If I couldn't get a #2 << lolzzz

Good luck bro!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags