Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
The Effects of Music on the Human Spirit
    #773814 - 07/24/02 03:23 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
Re: The Effects of Music on the Human Spirit [Re: World Spirit]
    #774371 - 07/24/02 06:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

my music with shrooms...
my world is a better place. i can fly. i pound out the beat on my knee's, then i dance, i feel the music down in my very soul. my heart beats with the pulse of a musical blood flow. flowing through my system like pure life and love. peace becomes me. until it bubbles out and i start to sing, to free flow. jammin' out my own words to my favorite song. music is my world. i'm an artist and a musician and i make music. so i'm very sensitive to it. and reggae is the music of the Kings.
i only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day, i never have the gloomy hours i let them slip away. ----l.b. dub allstars

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #774840 - 07/25/02 01:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Even though you think Tool is an agent of Satan, I have to say that everytime I put the album Lateralus on certain parts of the album gives me tingles in my spine. Quite a few other artists and music does that to me. It's a great feeling, and you don't even have to be on drugs to feel that.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: The Effects of Music on the Human Spirit [Re: Sheepish]
    #774904 - 07/25/02 03:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I am convinced Lateralus has unique magical psychedelic powers. One time I listened to it while peaking and it totally brought me to another world. My friend's brother was telling me stories but I couldn't see him, I could just hear his voice in the back of my head but it was ultra-deep, like a whale song. All I could see was the ceiling (I was lying on my back) and it completely took over my field of vision. Multicolored eyeballs were orbiting the light fixture in the middle of the ceiling and outside their orbit was a giant rotating cloudiness (?) that looked like a huge galaxy. All through this the music was permeating everything, like the whole universe was being run by the energy of the music. I was floored. I documented this trip in "23-second scream" under level 3.

I also read a book called The Mozart Effect not too long ago. It is about the unique power music has to influence the psyche and physiology of human beings. There's stuff about playing music (usually classical) to babies in utero to hasten their mental development. Fascinating book.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Effects of Music on the Human Spirit [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #774928 - 07/25/02 03:46 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#774959 - 07/25/02 03:57 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Buy it.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

Anonymous

#775080 - 07/25/02 04:59 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you are referring to the book by Campbell than by all means buy it as was suggested by CyberChump. I have it and the cd's and they are wonderful. I am a classically trained musician and especially enjoy Mozart. His music is different from all the rest. If music were to be translated into mathematical terms his music woud be flawless equations. I think these have an effect on the mind.

I have had goosebumps from a variety of music but I had them most often from Pink Floyd, their earlier stuff. Echoes, stuff like that.

Cheers,

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: The Effects of Music on the Human Spirit [Re: ]
    #775195 - 07/25/02 05:58 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

it's amazing how different kinds of music effect different people differently. like man, the way i am an all, i get chills and tingles from music that is happy and cheerful. yes i love pink floyd and tool and i have all of both their albums, but braa, as much as they do for me, nothing tops a bouncy beat in major chords with maybe two minors and one 7th thrown in there but then ending with a major chord again. ah mon. never get enough of that. it is music that effects your way of life and thinking. and i wanna be a happy jovial person all the time. and i am! so i really dig music dat matches. ya know?

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Anonymous

Re: The Effects of Music on the Human Spirit [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #775351 - 07/25/02 07:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I know exactly what you mean.

Cheers,

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #775366 - 07/25/02 07:13 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Mr Mushroom, are you familiar with "Goedel, Escher, and Bach: One Eternal Braid"? Most of that book is beyond my little mind, but its exploration of Bach's music is one of the parts that reaches me. I'd like to see something similar done with Mozart.

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #775383 - 07/25/02 07:20 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I know what you mean, enter. It's like a communion. But sometimes I can let almost the entire album slip past while my mind is stuck on whatever distraction--some stress, or fantasy--but when I manage to clear all that out and give my full attention to the music, that's when it goes to a higher level.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#775602 - 07/25/02 09:20 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

That would be the book. Yes, it does enforce the idea that Mozart's music in particular has the ability to influence psychology and physiology in people and animals.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: The Effects of Music on the Human Spirit [Re: hongomon]
    #775733 - 07/25/02 10:14 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"Mr Mushroom, are you familiar with "Goedel, Escher, and Bach: One Eternal Braid"? Most of that book is beyond my little mind, but its exploration of Bach's music is one of the parts that reaches me. I'd like to see something similar done with Mozart."

Yes, I am. Bach is my second favorite composer. It is my thought that Mozart had nature talent and was exposed to music at a very early age, prenatal actually. It is in him that Western music had its pinnacle. His compositions are flawless. Thanks for asking.

Cheers,

Anonymous

Re: The Effects of Music on the Human Spirit [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #775750 - 07/25/02 10:19 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Right, I would like to see more research on the subject but the subjective nature of certain aspects lend themselves to a high degree of subjectivity making empirical research well nigh impossible. *Sigh* But it is good to have a few mysteries.

Cheers,

Invisibleemex
amigo

#775811 - 07/25/02 10:44 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

there have been certain songs who made hair on my arms stand up and also another thing they did which i have trouble explaining is that i got some sort of tickling? sensation in the back of head. it feels like it got a lot colder inside of my head and even slightly tickles.

--------------------
I had not expected fear, but terror came with her
and tho I sought a dying moment, she showed me a dying eternity
and tho I sought to bring wisdom into the real, she tore the real from me
and I was no more, and in unbeing, I lost my fear

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #775936 - 07/25/02 11:22 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

There is one song that ALWAYS makes my face tingle and gets my hairs on the arms up, it's called "Ahead By A Century" by The Tragically Hip. Now I don't even listen to this band, it's just one of those songs you hear on the radio every so often. Here is the thing, I only get the tingly feeling at a certain part of the song. It's the second verse, where he sings "And that's when the hornet stung me, and I had a serious dream". No matter where I am or what I'm doing, it always works! For example, I was at the gym and the song was playing as background music, I listened for the part coming up, and yep, the back of my neck was tingling. Music is proccessed by the frontal lobes, said to be the newest and most advanced parts of the human brain. I bet that has something to do with it.

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Re: The Effects of Music on the Human Spirit [Re: chodamunky]
    #775995 - 07/25/02 11:42 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

dude! choda boy! you listen to that song by the tragically trip? they are such a big sensation in canada. my sister married a yukoner and i got introduced to canadian culture through her husband. i actually am quite amused by the trash bag song by them.

wow, i'm so tippsy, i better stop typing and go meditate.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: The Effects of Music on the Human Spirit [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #776022 - 07/25/02 11:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

lol u scary ol' toot. wtf??? I meant to say "crazy" ol' toot but I typed in "scary" instead. I hate when that happens

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

#776029 - 07/25/02 11:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i'm not old (were you talking to me?) i'm ageless, i will live forever, just not in this body the whole time.
peace braa.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#776037 - 07/25/02 11:58 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you like Ahead by a Century you should get into their music. They are my second favourite band after Tool. Get their 1994 album Day For Night. I am constantly amazed by that band. Lots of goosebumps and face tinglies. Best lyrics I've ever heard.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies