Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Your favorite Bad Trip
    #774848 - 07/25/02 02:11 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not expecting you to enjoy your Bad Trips, while they're happening... But afterward, looking back you can see good points in it, and after awhile it doesn't seem all that bad... (at least I look back on my bad trip as good things, I learn alot from them)

I'd say my first bad trip would have to be... my second one. I took 10 grams of B+ at night, and the following day I had to catch a plane... I guess you could say I was asking for it... Halfway through my trip, I realized I smelt like shit... I went upstairs and took a shower, after what seemed like 30 minutes I stepped out, there was no towel... I found a shammie in the closet and I smacked it on my face (I always dry my face first) and immediatly I could tell something was wrong... This was the towel I used to dry my dog with... I paniced.., my face was all covered with dog smell and flea shampoo residue...

I jumped into the shower for another 10 minutes while I compusively brushed my teeth. I got out of the shower again, and was walking to my room I got cuaght into a thought loop... I knew I needed food, so I headed down stairs, then headed back up to my room to get a towel, realizing all towels where in the bathroom closet... going to the bathroom and realizing there was no towel but the shitty dog one...

I walked from room to room never actually doing any step, becuase by the time I got to the room i found i needed to do something else before that step... And as a result I walked into different rooms about 30 different times, cold, wet, naked and hungry...

I eventually realized how pointless and absurd I was, so I walked back into the my room and had a *revalation... I flopped on the bed and convinced myself that I was an ape, I was living in my tree (second story of a house, made of wood) and I even had built myself a nest, being all curled up in a mass of blanket... I couldn't even remeber who I was, what I was doing, whether I was living in the past or dreaming of the future... Anyways... that was my bad trip
*And my revelation was that man is the compromise between apes and aleins... that aleins were somehow teaching us to be more like them, helping us to advance...

Anyway, I learned so much from this trip. That I should be myself, that I shouldn't do stupid things like dose 10 grams the day before an airplane ride, that terrorists have already one, that dog shampoo makes my face itchy, that putting labels on ideas isn't always the best idea, and that I should just try to live my life and try to be happy, and let the small things, the things that don't matter, truely slide.

What was your favorite bad trip, and what did you learn from it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Your favorite Bad Trip [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #775934 - 07/25/02 11:20 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

OR maybe I?m wrong, maybe you guys don?t learn from your bad trips... Oh well...

Anonymous

#775944 - 07/25/02 11:24 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I've learned that pizza doesn't taste as good coming up from the stomach as it does going down to the stomach.

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
    #776014 - 07/25/02 11:50 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Let's see. I think about 3 of my 25 or so trips have had powerful bad parts to them. There was my first acid trip. My roomates and a few other guys tripped and another friend of mine came over later. Everything was cool until this guy got to the apartment, who was not tripping. Shortly after he got there, all I could think about was him and how he was not tripping. This was bad in itself, but then I started obsessing about what my other friends thought of him because I sure as hell thought he was weird. I was so concerned about what my other friends thought of him and, in turn, me. I just wanted this guy to leave but he wouldn't.

Anyway, when I have looked back on this, it has reminded me of how silly it is to be so wrapped up in what others think of you. I mean my trip was shit because I kept on obsessing about this. I know the acid enduced a thought loop (damn those thought loops!) so I couldn't get it out of my head. It really got me thinking about how much of what I do is done ultimately to make some sort of impression on others and how I don't want that to be such a powerful regulator of my behavior.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Anonymous

Re: Your favorite Bad Trip [Re: buttonion]
    #776166 - 07/25/02 01:06 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

my worst trip was my first trip. i took approximately 3 hits of acid. i should have known things would turn out for the worst when i saw that the blotter was covered with Bible verses. i had never taken acid but i'd read about it. Needless to say you can't read about acid and know anything about acid. i was at the New Daisy Theater in Memphis where some sort of local hardcore music was playing. it was halloween, another portent of doom, and all manner of freaks and monsters were skulking about. i thought the acid would never hit...when i realized i was tripping i started to groove with it. i was having a good time. soon, i began to lose control. my first mistake was reaching for someone elses joint. as the guy standing next to me passed the joint to his girlfriend it passed through my acidic field of vision and i reached out for it. he quickly jerked it back and i came to my senses. luckily he didn't try to pound me or anything. later on the crowd has thinned out and some band wearing ski masks has come on...i pick up a ski mask that one of the band members drops and put it on. at some point i decide that it would be fun to smash some of the jackolanterns that are scattered about around the pit area. so i do. i smash them in the floor and everyone clears out to make room for my insanity. soon i've smashed them all and i'm shooting the pieces like basketballs into the garbage can. if i had stopped there i would have been ok. unfortunately my "friend" suggests that i tump the garbage can over and start a riot. the bottom of the can is filled with sand to prevent this sort of thing but i'm on acid and i have super strength and determination. i flip it and spill pumpkin chunks and sand everywhere. this draws the attention of the bouncers, who by this time are the size of large gorillas. i think they could tell i was tripping my brainstem off and they just made me clean up my mess and told me "Never come back here again." later that night i had to drive my car home as the road stretched and warped and giggled out in front of me. i barely made it home, just in time to become the subject of a domestic dispute involving my father and myself, with my father saying "what have you been smoking goddamnit?!" and me saying "uh, nothing. i just wanna go to sleep." after he tried to kick my ass and some other gibberish occured i finally make it to my room where i find that i cannot sleep because my hands are changing shape and size, my pupils are dilating and shrinking wildly, and wierd sounds and lights are coming from my window and stairway. i layed in bed for an hour or two begging any entity that might come to my aid, to "make it all stop" and swore i would never do that shit again. i've taken acid 2 more times with reasonable success since this incident. the 2nd time i saw star wars phantom menace. i don't remember anything but a big flashing madness. the third time i saw an infinite regression of balloons in the sky. rather amusing.

note: i might mention that i have Attention Deficit disorder and i tend to see my loss of control under the influence of acid as a symptom of this disorder. i think the acid unleashed my natural impulsivity, a trait that i have, through years of socialization, learned to control.

Edited by vaporbrains (07/25/02 01:12 PM)

OfflineTripalistic_One
Bodhisattva
    #776431 - 07/25/02 03:25 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

One bad trip I was on LSD. I was around many negative people and in a messy place. To make it worse I had to work in the morning. My thought was centered around how am I going to work in the morning in this state of mind, and the people I were around were drinking lots of alcohol.. and being very loud and saying a lot of messed up things. I felt like they were intentionally trying to give me a bad trip. That fucked up my trip pretty bad.. and I ended up skipping work that day.

What I learned from that is be careful who you trip with. Do it with close friends or people you know and trust. And to trip in a comfortable environment.

My second bad trip was also on LSD> I had taken 5 hits of liquid *while I was at work*....working the midnight shift. It was at about 3am and I thought I would be fine since I could leave early at 6. Well after about 20 minutes I started getting a lot of anxiety..and all the flourescent lights were messing with me. I was kind of running around the store trying to calm myself down which didnt help at all. Then a big order of work came in and that totally flipped me out, I couldnt figure out how to operate the machines. I ended up curled into a ball in the back room... my friend came in and said man you better just leave... check out your drawer. So my only goal was to check out my drawer... I sat back there for an hour weighing the money on the little machine, and in the end I was off balance by 50 cents so it wouldnt let me check it out. I kept trying over and over and kept getting the same thing. You cant leave until you check out your drawer...so I was totally flipping out. My friend noticed and said man just leave..go home and rest..I'll handle your drawer.

I went home and after that my trip got a lot better.

What did I learn? Never trip at work...unless you have a chill job without a lot of responibility.

So in conclusion.. I think that the primaary things that effect a bad trip are
1 - your thoughts
2 - the people you are with
3 - your environment

--------------------
The Bodhisattva Vow

Offlineapplebonkers

Re: Your favorite Bad Trip [Re: Tripalistic_One]
    #776479 - 07/25/02 03:43 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I can't say that I've learned anything but how to pick a better setting, and arrange things better beforehand. On more than once occasion I ended up at a friend's house late at night tripping, so we could barely hear the music. This of course was making me feel really uncomfortable, because I had spent the majority of the day picking out the PERFECT playlist for my trip. And so, I had compiled a 100 song CD, entitled "Trip". After mentioning to my friend that i was DEFINITELY feeling it, I put my mp3 CD into his computer. His connection is 56k, I had a dual t-1 at home, so downloading winamp was so incredibly painful, I wanted to just kill myself. It made sense, why wait when I can die NOW. Anyways, definitely some scary shit not having music, waiting for a download of winamp. Later on, I come home late, and my mom (WHAT!>?!!!@!#!) knocks on my door. This scares the SHIT out of me, because I REALLY don't want her to know I'm tripping, it would totally ruin my trip. So I start thinking about what they are thinking I'm doing downstairs. I say enough to get her to go away, but for the next hour, all I can imagine is my mom and dad in the room above mine talking about me. Every now and then, I will hear footsteps (which aren't there at all) like they are RUNNING down the steps to get me. I just cover my head in my blanket, and sweat a cold sweat and get in the fetal position. This madness goes on for several hours until I finally passed out. I don't know HOW THE FUCK I did it, considering that I had ingested more mushrooms than I ever have before (well over 6grams, only god knows for sure). A note to ANYONE READING THIS, no matter how experienced you think you may be, read the trip tips, they are life savers. I have attributed my bad trips to not being able to understand my body while I'm tripping. Have water, a way of changing temperature (whether it's opening or closing a window), and an easy way to change music, and even before than, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE MUSIC. Lol, this could be in several forums I suppose, but I thought I'd ramble on about that scary below zero night, when i picked the WORST setting for a trip. I learned that shroomery.org is really important to me

Peace

--------------------
-- Ah, look at all the lonely people... --

Anonymous

Re: Your favorite Bad Trip [Re: Tripalistic_One]
    #776488 - 07/25/02 03:47 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i've never had a bad trip

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Re: Your favorite Bad Trip [Re: ]
    #780832 - 07/27/02 06:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Bad trips are not all that bad. At least in my experience. They ARE dangerous though. But they are not without FUN. I had a bad one on Memorial Day. It spoke eloquently of the duality of life. We were camping at a state park near a national scenic river. We found a cool spot fortunately for the weekend (at least we thought we had). On the second day we dosed on some Mazatapecs. It was about 5 in the evening when we started to feel them. The forest came alive. It was in that last wave of orgasm that spring inaugerates for summer. Everything was bright baby-green and full of earth's energy. I felt great. So did my fellow tripper. Everything was cool. Then I started hearing a distant engine's rumbling. I thought it was the highway. I heard it again and again. I wondered what the hell it was. It sounded a little odd, a little violent, like a muscle-car. Suddenly there was a blast of modified-engine horsepower that was so obscene it could only be a race car. It sounded like it was right around the bend in the woods. Turned out there was a dirt track right next to the park. The race went on from 5 pm to 1:30 am. It was aweful. I live in a big dirty noisy city. I leave it often to get away from the noise. I had been looking forward to that trip for weeks. It was like that scene in A Clockwork Orange where the guy is strapped to the chair and his eyes are held open to watch. We had no escape from that all night. It was like watching a bad scene from Cops on a loop. We were in nature but we had been robbed of the peace. It was louder than any rock-concert could ever hope to be and it was like we were right there. While it was still light out we determined (even though we knew we were trapped) to have a good time anyway. We joked about it and laid down on a blanket and looked at the tree-tops. We saw visions of cheshire cats and tiger-snowflakes in the walnut leaves. I saw a pileated woodpecker flit about in the tree-tops (no doubt as disturbed as us but coping nonetheless). As the night wore on we couldn't believe how long the race went on. It was monstrous. After it stopped at about 1:30 we heard a flurry of footseps in the vacated campsite next to ours (smart people). Then we heard a sick gutteral scream in the woods a little later. No explanation for either of those sounds seems adequate --other than shared hallucinations. The next day we capsized in a canoe and my girlfriend almost drowned.
That was a brief synopsis.
I forgot to mention that the forest rangers came around just after the races finished to bust the campers who were next to us for drinking. We never even KNEW they were THERE (much less drinking). In fact we were worried they were there to bust US for smoking AND drinking. They passed us up and busted someone else though. Go figure. That campground sucks. Kickapoo State Park. Avoid it. The surrounding area has some great county campgrounds though which I tried later 'cuz I like the area so much.

Edited by frogsheath (07/27/02 07:29 PM)

Invisibleykk
re-member

Re: Your favorite Bad Trip [Re: frogsheath]
    #781368 - 07/28/02 02:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

now why would you ever want to go camping in a state park that sez ya should go kick a poo? eh.

(je m'excuse)

never had a bad trip as of yet. *knock on foot* the come ups sometimes were rough, but they kinda show me just how hard your ego tries to cling onto reality.

ykk

OfflineMeSaUsA
journeyman
Re: Your favorite Bad Trip [Re: ykk]
    #781411 - 07/28/02 04:01 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I dont know if it was a bad trip or not. but i completly freaked on salvia 10X extract once. realy scared the shit out of me and my best bud who was my sitter that night. best bud "dude i tried to talk to you but u were not there, i mean realy werent there" i thought of it as a learning experiance. oh i cant forget the last couple times i eat dried mushies raw i spent most of the night on the shitter. my stomach just dosent agree.

OfflineFlow_
CompleteStranger

Loc: Finland
Bad trips [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #781435 - 07/28/02 04:36 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I couldn?t agree more about bad trips actually being usefull/helpful/good in certain ways..

My "bad trips" have been more or less very useful,
I?ve learned how to adapt those past situations to everyday life,
becuase it?s all such a very simple psychological thing,
while you?re tripping, you?re looking inside your soul, like hypnosis

Tripping has teached me so very much about how to view normal things from different points of views (dissolving boundaries, consciousness expanding)

Bad trips aren?t necessarily always that bad, they can actually give crucially useful insight to some people?s lives

--------------------
- Flow -

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Re: Your favorite Bad Trip [Re: ykk]
    #783560 - 07/29/02 07:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"The Kickapoo name is familiar, but most people have trouble remembering where they have heard it. For most Americans, the name sounds humorous, especially for those old enough to remember Al Capp's "Little Abner" and "Kickapoo joy juice." There was, however, nothing funny about the Kickapoo who were a very serious and traditional native people. Until 1819, they lived in Illinois and Wisconsin and played an important role in the history of the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley, but during the 1870s, they were suddenly in northern Mexico and fighting American cavalry in Texas. Other groups were scattered across the Great Plains from Kansas to the foot of the Rocky Mountains. This is not surprising to those familiar with them. The most distinctive characteristic of the Kickapoo was their stubborn resistance to acculturization, and it is difficult to think of any other tribe which has gone to such lengths to avoid this. Years after the eastern tribes with famous names had given up the fight, the Kickapoo were still in the midst of the struggle to preserve Native America." --- Kickapoo
You aren't joking!! I suspect that campground is haunted by something.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale