Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineknurd
enthusiast

light print to syringe question
    #772281 - 07/24/02 04:17 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have been trading alot and I send out nice dark prints
I have got some nice ones back, but alot of times I get these super light prints that you can hardly see any spores at all so my question is
What is the best way to make a syringe from these shitty prints?

--------------------
PLEASE DON'T PM ME FOR FREE SPORES I GAVE AT THE OFFICE

Now I will trade when I can

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by users_request [Re: knurd]
    #772334 - 07/24/02 04:56 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Anonymous]
    #772870 - 07/24/02 09:29 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Offlineknurd
enthusiast

Re: light print to syringe question [Re: matts]
    #773693 - 07/24/02 02:39 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

was it from a print?

--------------------

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: light print to syringe question [Re: matts]
    #774812 - 07/25/02 12:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, my PR from Sporeworks also sucked from a spore concentration perspective. The syringe was very light. It seems that only every other innoculation point in my jars even got any spores, and I shook the hell out of the syringe for each innoculation point... Oh well, at least they were viable and clean if not highly concentrated.

Next time, I will probably buy spores from someone else due to this experience.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: light print to syringe question [Re: knurd]
    #774818 - 07/25/02 01:03 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like whoever made the print didn't leave the cap sit long enough. I allow my caps to print for 24 hours...and I've yet to get anything but nice dark prints. When I get a "light" print...it's usually cause a certain area of the gills/cap didn't drop as many spores than the rest of the cap but all of my prints so far (I've printed 12 total caps from my first grow) have been very dark black with nice ridges of spores in between where the gills were. The one I just collected this morning was my largest cap/shroom from the entire grow. The cap is JUST shy of 2" in diameter and the print is solid black with very few gill lines...it's SOLID with spores...could easily make at least 10 syringes from that puppy alone...and I have 3 more like that for me. The rest are still tradable...but honestly...with just this past week's trades I have more strains coming than I know what to do with! LOL

If the print is very light I'd say just make one syringe from the whole print. As long as they're viable and healthy...your substrate will still colonize..just might take a while.

Good luck!

Bop

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
Re: light print to syringe question *DELETED* [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #775516 - 07/25/02 08:42 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by TheCaptain

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: light print to syringe question [Re: TheCaptain]
    #775527 - 07/25/02 08:47 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I really don't know why people expect to see tons of spores in a syringe. Newsflash!! SPORES ARE MICROSCOPIC. Even if you only see a small "dusting" of spores on a print or in the shot glass before you fill the syringe...you're witnessing THOUSANDS of them not just 10 or 12.

My Mazatapec syringe from Sporeworks was clear as saline...and ya know what? In less than two weeks in the proper incubation conditions I had 100% colonized cakes.

Their syringes have been fine for me. I still have PR and EQ syringes in the fridge awaiting innoculation next month...they're both clear with only the slightest hint of spore clumps in the solution. I'm not worried. You shouldn't be either.

Peace,

Bop

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: light print to syringe question [Re: Boppity604]
    #776142 - 07/25/02 12:48 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Excuse me, but I wasn't expecting to see anything other than signs of colonization at all innoculation points.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlineknurd
enthusiast

Re: light print to syringe question [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #776159 - 07/25/02 12:59 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The print I got looked like nothing but foil, you could hardly see a speck you do need to see some thing to be able to work with.
I pm them and ask for a replacement and they did not even have the common courtesies to even reply ... This print was not from a vender it was from a member of the shroomery

--------------------

Edited by knurd (07/25/02 01:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags