Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCitrusHigh
ThrillSeeker
Male

Loc: Minisotah
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: psilocyber]
    #8253522 - 04/07/08 10:48 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Hi All,

This is a review of my experience with sporeworks.

Ordered four 5lb spawn bags of manure based substrate with rye berries, self healing inoculation port and filter patch.

We'll start with the bad, and that is that the bags did not come in a protective plastice wrapping, they were packed loose in one large shipping box. The peanuts in the box I doubt are sterile and as such each bag should be sealed or all bags together - there needs to be a barrier between the rest of the world and the bags.

Also my order was submitted wrong, not sure if it was my fault or the system's but had to call to get it corrected. When corrected it was not completely corrected and I received the wrong mushroom culture. After a quick phone call to sporeworks the mistake was corrected and I was immediately mailed the correct variety.

Now for the good. Shipping was lightning fast, total turn around time is unknown but very short, I'm very pleased. The replacement culture was shipped very fast as well. Customer support was very friendly and very inclined to help.

Overall
8 - Very good - Would do business with them again, but not before they agree to seal each spawn bag inside another plastic bag or wrapping. If they are uninclined to do so I would switch over to mushbox instead.

Thanks, will update this post when/if bags have colonized.

Citrus

--------------------
Have you been there?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Cat's Cradle
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: CitrusHigh]
    #8253541 - 04/07/08 10:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Dude, the inside is all that matters, not the outside of the bags. The only thing you should do is take an alcohol wipe and clean the injection port, then you're good to go :thumbup:

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

OfflineCitrusHigh
ThrillSeeker
Male

Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: dill705]
    #8253720 - 04/07/08 11:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I disagree, I think as much precaution as is conveniently practical should be implemented. Do you know how easy it is for particles to pass through a filter patch? There's gaping holes in the thing, contextually speaking of course.

Citrus

--------------------
Have you been there?

Invisiblebmiles
artist
Male

Loc: on the left side
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: CitrusHigh]
    #8253753 - 04/07/08 11:30 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

There is absolutely no need for the outside of the bag to be sterile,
nor the peanuts it is shipped with. Like dill said, just clean
the injection port.

This is ridiculous.

--------------------
Never go with a hippy to a second location.

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: bmiles]
    #8253761 - 04/07/08 11:32 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, the filter patch was design for filtering, not just air exchange.

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

OfflineCitrusHigh
ThrillSeeker
Male

Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: dill705]
    #8253790 - 04/07/08 11:36 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, gaping was too strong, but just the same every time the bag is handled air is going to be constantly pumping in and out, so reduced exposure to unsterile air is a good thing.

And I'm not saying outside of bag needs to be sterilized, that wouldn't make any sense except in the case of the filter patch and the injector site. Yes that would be rediculous.

Citrus

--------------------
Have you been there?

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8253824 - 04/07/08 11:40 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The filter filters out the contaminates in the air.

I'll try to find you a link if you like, (see mood) <----

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineApeBaboon
Doted

#8253829 - 04/07/08 11:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

:rofl2:

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: ApeBaboon]
    #8253837 - 04/07/08 11:42 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

:dielaughing:

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineCitrusHigh
ThrillSeeker
Male

#8253855 - 04/07/08 11:46 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, they're 100% failsafe?

And why am I being laughed at, seems kind of disrespectful when I'm trying to have an adult discussion, but suit yourself.

Citrus

--------------------
Have you been there?

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8253865 - 04/07/08 11:48 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

No ones laughing at you, he's laughing becuase of how high I am. It is pretty funny to tell you the truth. I seriously haven't been this high since high school.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineApeBaboon
Doted

#8253867 - 04/07/08 11:48 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

im not laughing at you. im laughing at the shit dill says. to be honest, im not even smart enough to keep up with what you all are talking about.

--------------------

Invisiblebmiles
artist
Male

Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: ApeBaboon]
    #8253873 - 04/07/08 11:50 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

If you don't even own a substrate bag,
why are you even commenting in this thread?

--------------------

OfflineApeBaboon
Doted

Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: bmiles]
    #8253926 - 04/08/08 12:02 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

so now i dont own one?

--------------------

Invisiblebmiles
artist
Male

Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts *DELETED* [Re: ApeBaboon]
    #8253930 - 04/08/08 12:02 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by bmiles

Reason for deletion: xxx

--------------------

Invisiblebmiles
artist
Male

#8253938 - 04/08/08 12:04 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, I stand corrected, I found your post about it earlier in this thread.

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8253939 - 04/08/08 12:04 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I believe he does sir, at least that's what was implied to me earlier this evening.

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineApeBaboon
Doted

#8253949 - 04/08/08 12:06 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

here ya go, dick. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7754618/page/0/fpart/4/vc/1

it even shows in this thread that youre a dick.

--------------------

Invisiblebmiles
artist
Male

#8253967 - 04/08/08 12:09 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You didn't even post on that page... :confused:

Quote:

bmiles said:
i shot up my poo bag like 6 days ago and i have some
healthy lookin' mycelium.  i'm pretty excited about it :smile:

How does that make me a dick, dick?

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8253996 - 04/08/08 12:17 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bmiles, shoot me a pm. i wanted to ask you a few things about your bags.

blimes said:
Quote:

no thanks.

Sounds kinda dickish, but...

Let's get back on fucking topic. Thank you

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom