Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeremy_Davis
Mycelial NetworkAdministrator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: oysterguy63]
    #7771964 - 12/17/07 10:13 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Pretty wild to see oysters fruiting from manure based substrates. Amazing really.

--------------------
Jeremy Davis
Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, Inc.
Check out the ECHO mushroom blog page to see our lab, growing facility, and more-www.echotech.org/greta

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: Jeremy_Davis]
    #7773005 - 12/18/07 07:58 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yea monstermitch!  ive tried these bags in the past through cultivating concepts, before they put in the rye pocket and i injected multispore solution and it still worked just great, took about a month to fully colonize and then took off, huge mushrooms, 1st harvest yielded about 45 dry grams  :thumbup:  i cant say enough good things to say about monstermitch's signature substrate...  and im glad hes sellin em at a sponsor so we  can talk about em on the board... if anyone is considering these bags but not sure if theyr worth it...believe me, they are, its the ultimate set and forget tek with just about the best substrate around... i just hope sporeworks has enough of these bags to sate my hunger for MM's signature substrate

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: Jeremy_Davis]
    #7773952 - 12/18/07 02:05 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Never said they were oysters.  :smile:

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
    #7774693 - 12/18/07 05:34 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jeremy_Davis said:
Pretty wild to see oysters fruiting from manure based substrates. Amazing really.

Nearly every oyster i've grown is on horse manure or compost.

OfflineJeremy_Davis
Mycelial NetworkAdministrator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: Hotnuts]
    #7775591 - 12/18/07 09:15 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Wow that's cool. I made a half-hearted attempt years ago and got a nice pin cluster in the jar after I forgot about it, but for some reason I just never realized that they can be grown on manure based substrates. When I saw those pictures, it definitely confused me, so thanks for that info.

Love this place, defninitely learn at LEAST one new thing a day here.
JD

--------------------
Jeremy Davis
Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, Inc.
Check out the ECHO mushroom blog page to see our lab, growing facility, and more-www.echotech.org/greta

Offlinebuddhahoodlum
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buddhahood
    #7775864 - 12/18/07 10:36 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Since this substrate bag has the rye in it would it not entail complete sterilization of the substrate with a pc? Which I thought was kinda bad since you lose all the beneficial bacteria from the compost? Anyways great idea that's gotta be the simplest and most efficient way of growing shrooms I have seen to date.

--------------------
“I believe that water will one day be employed as fuel, that hydrogen and oxygen which constitute it, used singly or together, will furnish an inexhaustible source of heat and light, of an intensity of which coal is not capable.” – Jules Verne, T

“Ere many generations pass, our machinery will be driven by power obtainable at any point in the universe...it is a mere question of time when men will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheel-work of nature."
- Nikola Tesla

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: buddhahoodlum]
    #7776889 - 12/19/07 09:25 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The substrate in the bags is sterile. The beneficial bacteria are helpful for keeping contaminate levels down as the mushroom mycelium colonizes pasturized composts. The pasturization makes the compost more selective for mushroom mycelium than for contaminates. This saves energy and makes the compost easier to handle for large scale mushroom production. With complete sterilization, the benefits of a pasturized substrate are negated and the shelflife of the product is increased.

Sterilization isn't practical on the large scale. I have some papers from the 1960's showing tests using giant drumlike sterilizers for the preparation of materials for button mushrooms. The results were very promising in that uncomposted materials could be used which prevented the loss of substrate mass due to the composting process. But the energy costs and the risks of huge losses due to incomplete sterilization were apparently too high. The colonization process was also difficult to monitor inside the steel drums.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Offlinefelix4life
Sky
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: Workman]
    #7781836 - 12/20/07 02:15 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

wow I'm glad I found this!

I have a few questions:

1. How long is the shelf life for these bags?

2. I seen the species that can be grown in the description, can more species be grown then that  :wink:

3. If I were to inoculate with a spore syringe, how many CC's would it take for each bag? LC seems very complicated to me.

4. Is there a very easy to transfer Mycelium from a rye grain jar to the bags rather then innoculating through spore syringe?

5 What temperature should the bags be set at once inoculated? Its winter here in Canada right now, can I wrap these bags in something to create a warm environment for them?

Thanks so much!

OfflineFunkatron9000
Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sector Zed: Region 6: Sol...
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: oysterguy63]
    #7782909 - 12/20/07 07:13 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Is this what MonsterMitch has been working on?
I'm pretty sure it is but I wanted to ask to make sure.

--------------------
You cannot yet touch my daughters awesome boobage
:jiggly:
You must fight to the death in the Breastriary of Nippopolis.

I thought Gene Wilder was cool BEFORE he was dead.

InvisibleWonderland420
WTF
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: felix4life]
    #7784594 - 12/21/07 05:53 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

felix4life said:
If I were to inoculate with a spore syringe, how many CC's would it take for each bag? LC seems very complicated to me.

2cc's of spores per bag is all that is needed

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: felix4life]
    #7785773 - 12/21/07 02:23 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

felix4life said:
1. How long is the shelf life for these bags?

2. I seen the species that can be grown in the description, can more species be grown then that  :wink:

3. If I were to inoculate with a spore syringe, how many CC's would it take for each bag? LC seems very complicated to me.

4. Is there a very easy to transfer Mycelium from a rye grain jar to the bags rather then inoculating through spore syringe?

5 What temperature should the bags be set at once inoculated? Its winter here in Canada right now, can I wrap these bags in something to create a warm environment for them?

Thanks so much!

1. Shelf-life is pretty much indefinite, as this is a sterilized product. It should be shelf-stable for a few months at least. We haven't really tested it longer than that, but it should last a while.

2. This is a pretty diverse substrate, we list those we offer gourmet cultures for, as well as a handful of others we don't.

3. Since we offer this as a gourmet mushroom grow kit, we only make recommendations based on using our liquid culture syringes as supplied with the kit.

4. You can always do a standard grain transfer into the bag, under a sterile environment. Doesn't make much sense to do this, however, as the built in rye pocket pretty much negates the need to generate spawn outside the bag.

5. Temps depend entirely on the species you are working with, but most subtropicals like it around 80-85F.

Disclaimer regarding international shipping of these bags:

Customers Outside the USA: Shipping sterilized compost or manure may be restricted for certain destination countries. We ship this product as a "Gourmet Mushroom Grow Kit" without any specialized paperwork or certifications, and it is the responsibility of the customer to check importation regulations for suitability of shipment. Spore Works accepts no responsibility for this product when shipped to customers outside the USA and we offer no replacement guarantee if the product is seized or stopped by customs officials. Verify your local regulations and order accordingly.

OnlineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: psilocyber]
    #7850711 - 01/08/08 09:41 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

When incubating....does the poo surrounding the pocket of rye create heat on its own....or should one incubate like a normal grow bag? Just want to make sure I do not dry out the shit.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts *DELETED* [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #7851246 - 01/08/08 11:17 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Crasher

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Offlinefelix4life
Sky
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: Crasher]
    #7853871 - 01/09/08 02:05 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I got the bags with the Gourmet mushroom syringes. The rye patch on 1 of the bags is not on top, seems to be way over to the side and not exactly on top of the substrate, is this ok? do I still inoculate 2-3 CCs into the rye patch?

Also regarding sterilisation, I was thinking of using a cup of alcohol and dipping the needles in the cup before innoculating. Is this a good procedure?

Thanks!

Edited by felix4life (01/09/08 03:17 PM)

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

#7854079 - 01/09/08 02:44 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Flame sterilize your needles.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Offlinefelix4life
Sky
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: Nibin]
    #7854251 - 01/09/08 03:20 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I don't have an alcohol lamp, would a light be sufficient to flame sterilise?

Offlinefelix4life
Sky
    #7889281 - 01/16/08 05:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

OK, I have the gourmet moushroom syringe and bags ready, I need some tips:

1. Do I leave the substrate tightly packed as it is or do I shake it up before innoculating?

2. After inoculation, I will put the bags in a cool room with no light.

When do I break and shake up the Mycelium/substrate? At what point do I start giving the bags light? Is an overhead light/lamp neccesary?

Thanks

Invisiblemonstermitch
Growing in Bags Doesn't Work

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona Bay Flag
    #7891968 - 01/17/08 07:26 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

leave the substrate compact for inoculation.

they do NOT need to colonize in dark.

mix the substrate when the rye has fully colonized or the outer
substrate is about 20% colonized.

light is needed after full colonization for perfect growth.
light does NOT negatively effect colonization in any way.
light does NOT cause premature pinning, not possible.

--------------------

InvisibleShroom Empire
Myco Matrix
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Plugged In
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: monstermitch]
    #7892102 - 01/17/08 08:39 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Not to raise any controversy about past sponsors, but M.B. who also carries these bags, says you can innocculate with a "spore syringe but its recommended to use a Liquid Culture, minimum 30cc maximum 120cc".

Why are the recommendations so different?

Invisiblemonstermitch
Growing in Bags Doesn't Work

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona Bay Flag
Re: Sporeworks: New manure based Signature Substrate bags from Cultivating Concepts [Re: Shroom Empire]
    #7896161 - 01/18/08 06:19 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroom Empire said:
Not to raise any controversy about past sponsors, but M.B. who also carries these bags, says you can innocculate with a "spore syringe but its recommended to use a Liquid Culture, minimum 30cc maximum 120cc".

Why are the recommendations so different?

You are very, very wrong.

Mushbox does NOT carry these bags.

NOT even close, they carry some cheap knock-off version, far
behind these bags in engineering and technology.

One look at the two could even tell you that.

not even close to the same thing. I should know.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate