Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleflavoraid
now with twicethe ketamine andopiates!
Male

liquid cultures
    #7748375 - 12/12/07 08:36 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

so anyways im expecting to do a bunch of PF cakes I have 6 10cc spore syringes coming in and wouldn't mind having mass amounts of one or two of the strains ready for use without going through the pain of spore priting

so if I make a magnetic stirrer using hdd magnets a fan and a jar of light malt and/or dextrose mixed with distilled water do I just sterilize squirt a cc or two from a syringe and let it run for a week? I was planning on incubating it by covering the jar with black construction paper and having a 100w heat lamp hanging from above (this isn't that hot considering I'm in a basement)

so is that basically the process? how much fluid from the syringes should I use? my friend told me he's assuming 1cc or less in 100+ml of fluid is fine as it will reproduce fast since it's being stirred...

thanks a lot guys.

--------------------
coda said:
imachavel, Man you really need to do some reading, the amount of bullshit you put into almost every single one of your posts is absolutely astounding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleflavoraid
Male

Re: liquid cultures [Re: flavoraid]
    #7748539 - 12/12/07 09:54 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

tips on the liquid mixture would be great too!

--------------------
coda said:
imachavel, Man you really need to do some reading, the amount of bullshit you put into almost every single one of your posts is absolutely astounding.

InvisibleGlacier Creek
The Chef
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #7748671 - 12/12/07 10:42 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

Google "Earthly Info" to find my mushroom recipes. #1 baby.. yeah...

WARNING: All messages posted under this profile
are actually algorithmicly generated by an AI computer program.  No truth or actual events are being generated, and as a result cannot be investigated for thier validity.  (message 2345433)

InvisibleCrake
Stranger

Re: liquid cultures [Re: Glacier Creek]
    #7748972 - 12/12/07 11:44 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

This tek seems to me to be the most newb friendly approach to any sort of Liquid Culture (LC). It's not a tek which involves any liquid until your ready to actually use your syringe and it allows you to store your genetics at room temperature in a sort of dehydrated stasis for months, if not YEARS. It involves a certain lid style with adjustable filter surface area allowing for the fore-said "stasis". Enough of the blathering, you should read this link. fahtster is a heavy weight around here and has good scientific approach to this sort of stuff... with a soft spot for the newb.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6886717#6886717

Before another LC question pops up on the cultivation page I'm going to make a thread for this link. Everyone needs a stock of a few of these lids, they ROCK!! Thanks Fahster!

:doggull:

--------------------
MANGO

Snowman wakes before dawn. He lies unmoving, listening to the tide coming in, wave after wave sloshing over the various barricades, wish-wash, wish-wash, the rhythm of heartbeat. He would so like to believe he is still asleep.

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: liquid cultures [Re: Crake]
    #7749762 - 12/12/07 03:02 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

It isn't really a liquid culture as you are not growing the mycelium in a nutrient solution.

It's more of a mycelium transfer similar to a grain to grain transfer

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Invisibleflavoraid
Male

Re: liquid cultures [Re: Nibin]
    #7750147 - 12/12/07 04:51 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

ah so stirrers are to achieve mushroom growth via LC

I thought they were for mass inoculation...

--------------------
coda said:

Offlinebryanbzl
Spawn Runner
 User Gallery

#7750170 - 12/12/07 04:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

no... stirrers are to break up the mycelium clouds that form in the lc in a more sterile way (instead of shaking...).

--------------------
Cheers,

bzl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"From 1898 through to 1910 heroin was marketed as a non-addictive morphine substitute and cough medicine for children."

conclusion:
poor fucking children of the early 1900's.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #7750217 - 12/12/07 05:05 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5874305#Post5874305
^^^^^^
One of the most beginner-friendly teks here. You accomplish 2 things with it- an LC and cloning. You will get much better end results with cloning than you will from multispore.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Invisibleflavoraid
Male

Re: liquid cultures [Re: bryanbzl]
    #7750228 - 12/12/07 05:07 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

haha now im confused

which is it

LC + Stirrer + Small amount of spores = huge spore growth -> mass inncoulations?

--------------------
coda said:

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #7750253 - 12/12/07 05:13 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

flavoraid said:
haha now im confused

which is it

LC + Stirrer + Small amount of spores = huge spore growth -> mass inncoulations?

No it is

LC + Stirrer + Small amount of spores = huge mycelium growth -> Mass innoculations.

The stirrer is there to break up the cloud but mainly to help the gas exchange of the LC.

If your LC has no gas exchange growth will be hindered or even halted

--------------------

Invisibleflavoraid
Male

#7750270 - 12/12/07 05:18 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

the cloud being mycelium? kk basically the same expectation I had

awesome guys.

--------------------
coda said:

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #7750370 - 12/12/07 05:40 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

the cloud being mycelium, but if that mycelium is cube mycelium or a contam mycelium, that is up to your sterile technique as you won't be able to tell in the jar

--------------------

Invisibleflavoraid
Male

#7750429 - 12/12/07 05:52 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

okies thanks a lot guys

*makes shopping list for tomorrow*

--------------------
coda said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
844 topic views. 33 members, 140 guests and 79 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 14 queries.