Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

23 pounds of meth seized in sting [CA]
    #7737144 - 12/09/07 03:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

23 pounds of meth seized in sting
December 9, 2007 - sanmateodailynews.com

A nearly yearlong drug investigation has resulted in the seizure of 23 pounds of crystal methamphetamine and five arrests of suspects allegedly involved in a Northern California drug ring, it was announced Friday.

The Drug Enforcement Administration and Santa Clara County District Attorney Dolores Carr Friday announced the investigation ended Thursday when more than 100 local, state and federal law enforcement officers served four warrants in Menlo Park, San Martin, Morgan Hill, Modesto and two more in San Jose.

Law enforcement also seized nine kilograms of cocaine, five vehicles, a shotgun and more than $500,000 in U.S. currency.

"This drug trafficking cell was responsible for the transfer of large sums of cash in exchange for substantial amounts of ice methamphetamine and cocaine for distribution in the Bay Area,'' DEA Special Agent in Charge Javier F. Pena said. "This combined enforcement effort clearly demonstrates our commitment to dismantle these cells and disrupt drug trafficking organizations at their highest levels."

The investigation began in the spring of 2006. Investigators learned the operation was being run by Antonio Abarca, of Menlo Park, who remains at large. The Bay Area ring allegedly has connections to operations in Southern California, Atlanta and Mexico, according to the DEA.

"The massive amount of drug activity in this case poses a significant threat to the safety of the public, including residents of Santa Clara County,'' Carr said. "The collaborative effort of many different agencies in investigating and apprehending these suspects allows us to improve and maintain public safety while at the same time tackling the drug problem head-on.''

The DEA estimates the meth to be worth $1 million.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
Re: 23 pounds of meth seized in sting [CA] [Re: veggie]
    #7737179 - 12/09/07 03:49 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

omfg I wish I had all that coke and meth, id be dead within the hour but it so be worth it.

I guess it's good that a lot of this shits off the street though but still sucks.

--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

OfflineGroomies
Ghost
 User Gallery

Re: 23 pounds of meth seized in sting [CA] [Re: hpi]
    #7737449 - 12/09/07 05:23 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i don't know about you guys, but i personally hate meth and the people that use it. i've lost many good friends to meth. i'm glad its off the streets.

--------------------
:hotidea::hotidea::hotidea:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: 23 pounds of meth seized in sting [CA] [Re: Groomies]
    #7737526 - 12/09/07 05:45 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

If your friends are so unmorred to their own self interest that they let meth destroy their life, it is they who are to blame.

If there not, well then they like meth more than you.

People need to take responsibility for their own actions. I knew several people who took amphetamines as children and teens, and occasionally as adults. I only met one person that was an addict, and only knew him afterwords.

Just cuz your friend can't controll his own actions, doesn't mean others should have to be imprisoned or be prohibited from buying a substance, or be forced to pay for the imprisonment.

Sorry, but there's a difference between what the best case scenario is, and what government should aim to enforce w/ criminal penalties.

Offlineoppression
potsmokeshroompopngunnut
 User Gallery

Loc: south of the mason dixion...
Re: 23 pounds of meth seized in sting [CA] [Re: johnm214]
    #7737820 - 12/09/07 06:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
If your friends are so unmorred to their own self interest that they let meth destroy their life, it is they who are to blame.

If there not, well then they like meth more than you.

People need to take responsibility for their own actions. I knew several people who took amphetamines as children and teens, and occasionally as adults. I only met one person that was an addict, and only knew him afterwords.

Just cuz your friend can't controll his own actions, doesn't mean others should have to be imprisoned or be prohibited from buying a substance, or be forced to pay for the imprisonment.

Sorry, but there's a difference between what the best case scenario is, and what government should aim to enforce w/ criminal penalties.

Words of wisdom!

--------------------
‘Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or ill, it teaches the whole people by its example.’"

Edited by oppression (12/09/07 07:23 PM)

InvisibleMontanahunter420
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: 23 pounds of meth seized in sting [CA] *DELETED* [Re: oppression]
    #7738786 - 12/09/07 11:11 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by jeverden

Reason for deletion: Zz

--------------------
All of my posts are purely fictional and for hypothetical purposes.

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: 23 pounds of meth seized in sting [CA] [Re: Montanahunter420]
    #7740759 - 12/10/07 01:54 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jeverden said:
Do we need a law that makes double cheese burgers illegal?

YES WE DO  :yesnod:

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: 23 pounds of meth seized in sting [CA] [Re: ManianFH]
    #7748493 - 12/12/07 09:29 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I am so glad that prohibition has created this wonderful black market whereas violent gangsters have another source of income. I love feeding organized crime money and how the DEA has caused REAL crime to raise something like 300%.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Jump to top Pages: 1