Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Different trip from different strain myth!
    #772447 - 07/24/02 06:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey everybody!

There seems to be a lot of controversy about what strains give out what kind of trip. Nobody has solid information and neither do I but this is what I think....

All strains give the same experience, no strain is more visual, body high, mind fuck etc. EVERY trip is very different, you can take oh lets say PRs and like them and then you can take GTs and love them but the strain had nothing to do with the difference in the trip, each experience is different. You could have probably taken PRs again the second time instead of the GTs and have a similar if not the same experience. Certain strains have different amount of psilocybin and psilocin but they do not produce different trips, just stronger or weaker ones.

Do you agree? No? Why?
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
Loc: DEA Research Deptpartment
Re: Different trip from different strain myth! [Re: Fd3000]
    #772452 - 07/24/02 06:09 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I think all P.C. mushrooms are basically the same by weight. Of course if you ate 3.5 grams abort of B+, and 3.5 of over matured PR's you would think that B+ is a much better mushroom. Cyans and Azures are probably a lot different high although I haven't done either.

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #772456 - 07/24/02 06:12 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Funnily enough, my friend had some mushrooms sent to him, he did not know the strain. On his tryp he saw little Thai children laughing and pointing at him in some bushes.
He told this to the person who sent him the mushies. 'How weird' was his reply, 'that was a Thailand strain'.

Make of that what you will, i think its fucking coooooooooool

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
    #772506 - 07/24/02 06:39 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It would be cool if it was like that where each shroom had a different trip. Like each one was a totally different psychadelic drug. Now that would be cool.

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: Different trip from different strain myth! [Re: shroom_assassin]
    #772508 - 07/24/02 06:39 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

shroom_assassin- I think the PRs would still be stronger, even is they were over matured. B+ are known to be less potent then other strains, PRs are known to be more potent that other strains....

Anyone else have a take on my theory?
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
    #772527 - 07/24/02 06:50 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Just because your growing PR's doesn't make them stronger.

They contain the same amount of active chemicals by weight.

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

Offlineanton420man
reefer addict
Loc: unfasionable western spir...
    #772615 - 07/24/02 07:33 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i'm no expert, and have no personal frame of reference, but the reading i have done on this site tells me that aborts are thought to be more potent by weight than mature shrooms. so the B+ aborts could very well be more potent than mature PR's, even though they are said to be a less potent strain.

--------------------
"Weed will get you through times of no money
better than money will get you through times of no weed."
Freewheelin' Franklin Freak

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

#772638 - 07/24/02 07:40 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The visuals, emotions, body etc in Coplandia cyanescens are completely different from psilocybe semilanceata which are completely different from psilocybe cyanescens, thats all I know. Perhaps we need more positive identification through buzz alone to prove or disprove this once and for all...nice one DreaMaTrix

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

Offlineaural
Hola Amigos!
Loc: The Desert In The Spring
Re: Different trip from different strain myth! [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #772720 - 07/24/02 08:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I doubt anyone disputes that different species and different geni (?) have different effects,the question is whether different strains of P. Cubensis have different effects...

Edited by aural (07/24/02 08:28 AM)

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: Different trip from different strain myth! [Re: aural]
    #772989 - 07/24/02 10:17 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

There are many reports from shroomers that B+ are less potent than any other strain.

"Just because your growing PR's doesn't make them stronger."

Here's a quote from Spore Works PR description:
"This new strain of P. cubensis was originally collected in the wilds of Puerto Rico near the town of Canovanas located on the Northeast side of the island. This strain has been noted for exceptionally high potency, many reports place this strain of P. cubensis along side the more significantly potent psilocybes."

Here's the link http://www.sporeworks.com/puertorican.html .....

Fd

--------------------

Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
    #773016 - 07/24/02 10:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

read the descriptions for all the other shrooms also. Each vendor likes to hype up each strain to make it sound like its the best. go to hawks eye and read about B+, it will tell you a bunch of great things about it. the site wants to sell syringes and prints so they will put anything there. If PR's (or any other strainn) were a "weak" cubensis the vendor wouldn't say that because they are still trying to sell it. Also I'd like to see where it says B+ is a weaker cubensis.

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

#773430 - 07/24/02 12:39 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well PR and i think 1 other strain are the only ones that have anything about potency in there desription. Besides they dont lie, they dont hype up strains they tell the truth.

Look at some of the descriptions of various strains Sporworks provides:

B+ : When compared to other P. cubensis strains, the B+ is often considered a giant fruiter. Average fruitbody heights reach six to eight inches with caps averaging one to three inches in diameter during later flushes. Very large fruits can be expected on more nutrient rich substrates such cased grains, manure, compost and straw.

Thats not hyped up thats the truth.

GT: When compared to other P. cubensis strains, the B+ is often considered a giant fruiter. Average fruitbody heights reach six to eight inches with caps averaging one to three inches in diameter during later flushes. Very large fruits can be expected on more nutrient rich substrates such cased grains, manure, compost and straw.

Again, not hyped up at all. It sais that the fruits are fat and huge, which if very true. And then they say if blues....everyone wants to buy this strain becasue it blues

Mazatapec: Mazatapec fruits often display some unique characteristics. Primordia develop into skinny, straight stalks topped by darkly tinted caramel colored caps. The caps almost never display pronounced spotting and will mature into a belted, lighter color. Fruits tend to be smaller than most, averaging 3-5 inches in height, appearing abundantly

Thats not hyped at all, if anything it downs ths strian. It sais the pridomina is skinny, a bad thing. It even sais fruits are smaller than most and tells the small average height. If anything sporeworks is downing this strain but its called being honest.

I dont know about other vendors but Sporeworks is honest about everything, if a strain sucks in a way they will say it in the description. Maybe other vendors lie but i am going with what Sporeworks sais.

As for B+ being weaker, many people around here say so. Alot of people say B+ isnt as potent as other strains but it doesnt really matter. I know B+ is on my future grow list

Fd

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #773477 - 07/24/02 12:58 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

One thing I always wondered and its the reason I have stuck with my pf classic strain is how would you even be able to tell the difference between the different cube strains? Even when grown side by the side the diifference would probably be insignificant. So how would know for sure the spore vendors aren't selling the same prints under different names.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Edited by QuantumMeltdown (07/24/02 01:01 PM)

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: Different trip from different strain myth! [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #773876 - 07/24/02 03:49 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well every strain looks MUCH different, thats how you tell they arent all selling PF classic. Some are big, meaty and short, some are tall and thin, all have different colors(shades) etc.

If a vendor sold 1 strain as different strains people would notice it very fast!
Fd

--------------------

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
    #774071 - 07/24/02 04:59 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I havent tried many strains yet but the ones that I have tried, I have noticed the difference in trips. First one I tried was pes hawaiins. All I got from 4 1/2 grams was a killer body trip with some auditory halucinations and no visuals at all. That was for the whole trip. Next time I tried eq's which were very much different. I had good visuals and not really a body trip or mind trip. It was perfect for me b/c I like the visual trips with not as much mind fuck. The third ones I have tried was the koh samui. This trip was so intense/speedy. I had pretty good visuals but more of the mind trip and it almost made me lose my mind. The trip also only lasted 3 hours and it was done. Both the other ones have always lasted at least 5 hours or more. Im not sure if its just my body that makes the trips different but I dont know. I believe that some of the shrooms produce different trips just like different kinds of weed give different kinds of highs. Also the wild cubes around here (acadian cost), there trip always gives me good visuals with not so much mind trip and they always make me laugh my ass off for no reason.

Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
    #774149 - 07/24/02 05:26 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hehe you could be right. I got some B+ on the way so I may have a little "conflict of interest." But I think you might too with the PR's is all I'm saying.

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

#774219 - 07/24/02 05:50 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Grrr How about we agree to disagee Shroom_assasin?

--------------------

Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
    #774240 - 07/24/02 05:56 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

How about we come to the consensus that hallucinogenic mushrooms are the FUCKING BOMB no matter what strain u got.

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Different trip from different strain myth! [Re: Killa420]
    #774750 - 07/24/02 10:52 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

There are definate differences in the potency and ratios of psychoactive alkaloids in different cubensis strains. There are also significant differences in the appearance of mature mushrooms from different cubensis sporeraces. B+ are orangy-caramel with thick veils and long stems, tassies are yellow capped smaller mushrooms, Lipas are light orange, Eqs are brownish and often hollow, mazatapecs are bone to brown capped and are smalls, blah blah...And i can quote stamets to prove what im saying.
The experience difference psilocybe are definate - as well as copelandia. As for cubensis, i believe from experience that their are differences - if they have differing potency, differing mycelia and fruiting characteristics, then why not?

--------------------

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: Different trip from different strain myth! [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #774877 - 07/25/02 03:00 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Shroom_assasin- Completely agreed!

bluemeanie- You make a good point but the characteristics of the strains that you listed can all be seen with your eye. Different trips from different strains is controversial because everyone seems to have different trips from each strain. You may always have a mind fuck (or whatever) from TCs but someone else may always have a very visual experience.

That?s why I think its just a variety in trips because everyone?s trips are different from different strains. If you tried to put together a survey it would be near impossible because everyone thinks there different. So that?s why I think every trip is different, not the strain.

Fd

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds