Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSubhuman Error
Miss
Female

ultrasonic transducer
    #7730841 - 12/07/07 09:40 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Hey all, new to mushroom growing here, but very excited and ready to learn.

Does anyone have advice on specific brands of ultrasonic humidifiers? I am planning to keep the humidifier outside of the terrarium, connected by some vinyl tubing and several chambers to diffuse the mist. I am concerned about how to connect the vinyl tube to the mist output on the humidifier and so was considering simply buying the transducer to place in a container of my choosing. Anyone have experience with this or additional insight? What should I look for in a transducer or where do I look?

Thanks, Lindsay.

--------------------
This ish is the ish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePremedman1
Assistant to the insistent
 User Gallery

Loc: South of Sanity
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ultrasonic transducer [Re: Subhuman Error]
    #7731040 - 12/07/07 10:27 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

If you're growing cakes or small casings, I would strongly recommend against an ultrasonic humidifier for your terrarium. It's not necessary, in fact it's overkill.

Stick with moist perlite for providing your humidity. You may have to fan two or three times per day, but it's all you really need.
K-I-S-S. :wink:

--------------------
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

OfflineMrAbstraction
Twing!

Re: ultrasonic transducer [Re: Subhuman Error]
    #7731727 - 12/08/07 02:05 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck