Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Effects of altitude of mycelium
    #7723864 - 12/06/07 10:49 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

So I am living at just under 7,000ft and it seems like mycelium grows slower at first but denser. I mean when I birthed my first cakes (cubies) it was astonishing to see this thick of a network. I mean it looks like it would if you were to give a jar a couple extra weeks after colonizing. Anyways in higher organisms there is adaptation for being at higher elevations so I thought that it might stand to reason that a simple one would have to as well. We make more blood cells initially and then reenforce that with higher capillary density. The moisture content of my seed is good and I still see blueing in the mycelium just prior to birthing. I have had a high as fuck failure rate with multispore inoculations. Not anything you can put your finger on really. I think that there is enough genetic variability left in these substrains to produce mycelium with an aptitude for these conditions. My pure strain isolates are doing well so far. I haven't transfered any cubie pure strains onto grain yet. I have two Cambodian liquid cultures that I started off of a fucking nice looking ryzo plate. Both seem to be doing fine. I also have some Azurescens (Elixer) in lc and on cardboard both are doing well.

I am getting a Ps. Mexicana print which I am completely fucking psyched about. I am wondering if it's propensity towards forming scloreta (not sure on sp) is related to it's native habitat being at a higher elevation. Also perhaps you are familiar with atheletes training at higher elevation to perform better at lower ones. I am curious as to if once I get lets say 10 generations into this if the prints or isolates would them also perform better at lower elevations. Anyways this is how I have been spending my freetime and the thoughts that I have gathered from it. I wanted to see what you guys had to say. Thanks for your time.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Effects of altitude of mycelium [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #7724916 - 12/06/07 03:11 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

That's an interesting theory. I'm not sure what adaptations they might be able to produce since they really don't metabolize in the same ways that might be optimized in mammals.

I say go for it. One thing to member though is that todays cultivated strains have little genetic variability. They are continuously selfed over many generations and grown in standardized and ideal conditions. Inter-strain hybrids would probably be the way to go if you want enough genetic variability to do much with a breeding program. You might also look at finding a strain collected from a higher altitude area for starting material.

-FF

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: Effects of altitude of mycelium [Re: fastfred]
    #7727687 - 12/07/07 08:10 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I know that there is only a little tiny bit a variability. Maybe having a little different stimulus brings it out though. The organism needs O2 just like us which is where our adaptation comes into play. I have a few wild cubie prints that I am working with. As far as one from higher elevations go, I was thinking that Ps. mexicana fit in with that.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom