Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI]
    #7722098 - 12/05/07 09:52 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant
December 5, 2007 - channel3000.com

State lawmakers are debating a bill that would add Wisconsin to a handful of states regulating a hallucinogenic Mexican herb.

State Reps. Sheldon Wasserman and David Cullen authored the bill that would prohibit the sale of Salvia divinorum. The Assembly Criminal Justice Committee held a public hearing on the measure Wednesday.

Salvia divinorum can cause hallucinations within seconds after it's smoked, licked or chewed. The long-term effects are unknown, but Wasserman said he feels the herb is dangerous.

"They should not be operating a vehicle at all because they're having visual changes, auditory changes. It's a serious drug, and during that point of intoxication, I wouldn't want to be on the road with them," Wasserman said.

The bill would crack down on those who produce and sell Salvia by imposing a fine not to exceed $10,000 for manufacturing, distributing or delivering the active ingredient in the plant, WISC-TV reported.

"We need to do something about the ready access teenagers have to it over the Internet and in stores across the state. We cannot allow young people to be deceived into thinking the drug is risk free because it is legal," Wasserman said.

Federal drug laws don't address the herb, although the Drug Enforcement Administration is researching whether it belongs on its controlled substance list.

At least eight other states have passed statutes regulating the herb.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: veggie]
    #7722240 - 12/05/07 10:27 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
The long-term effects are unknown, but Wasserman said he feels the herb is dangerous.
Federal drug laws don't address the herb, although the Drug Enforcement Administration is researching whether it belongs on its controlled substance list.

Isn't it funny that they admit they don't know anything about it yet they still say its dangerous.

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: learningtofly]
    #7722340 - 12/05/07 10:46 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

<<"They should not be operating a vehicle at all because they're having visual changes, auditory changes. It's a serious drug, and during that point of intoxication, I wouldn't want to be on the road with them," Wasserman said.>>

Operating any type of machinery would be the last thing on my mind, even after only a mild dose of salvia. Maybe that's just me though.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinen20forme
TRUSTED CULTIVATOR
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA
Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: SuperD]
    #7722710 - 12/06/07 12:27 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

It is a scared world we live in these days, but the only thing that we need to remember is that we need to keep moving forward and move past these troubled times. I never met you all but I am sure you're a lot like myself just wishing everyone could live in peace, love and harmony. Is that so much to ask?

Peace

Love

Harmony

Three words so far from existance, when all a nation would have to do is combine their powers to unite as one force. One force against this so called government, that spoon feeds us from the day we are born till the day we die!

We all have a happy families and do not deserve to have to go through this shit and get the freedom taken away witch is already inheritently ours.

In the very same book the make us swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you god is this...

Genesis
Chapter 1

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Somewhere between now and the fourth day "MAN" saw it wasn't good, but still swear swear on the book they wrote to this day...

HYPOCRITES

Peace,

n20forme

--------------------
"In the 60's we learned that in order to change the world, we must change ourselves first."

Offlinenepalnt21
12tnlapen
Male

Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: SuperD]
    #7723857 - 12/06/07 10:46 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SuperD said:
<<"They should not be operating a vehicle at all because they're having visual changes, auditory changes. It's a serious drug, and during that point of intoxication, I wouldn't want to be on the road with them," Wasserman said.>>

Operating any type of machinery would be the last thing on my mind, even after only a mild dose of salvia. Maybe that's just me though.

its close to impossible to even sit up on a high dose, let alone grab your keys. someone should tell wasserman these things, because hes about two beans short of a three bean salad.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: learningtofly]
    #7723886 - 12/06/07 10:57 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
Quote:

veggie said:
Isn't it funny that they admit they don't know anything about it yet they still say its dangerous.

Not really, not knowing about it does make it potentially dangerous. Its kind of like having unprotected sex with a hooker, you don't know if she has HIV so it is dangerous.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: fapjack]
    #7724506 - 12/06/07 01:14 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

So what this guy is saying is that Salvia should be criminalized because somebody could in the 15 minute window of incapacitation get into an automobile and try to drive? Is he thinking people will take road hits of Salvia?

This doesn't make ANY sense. What other SERIOUS RISKS are there? He doesn't provide any.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: fapjack]
    #7724537 - 12/06/07 01:22 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:
Quote:

learningtofly said:
Quote:

veggie said:

Not really, not knowing about it does make it potentially dangerous. Its kind of like having unprotected sex with a hooker, you don't know if she has HIV so it is dangerous.

I meant that they're so quick to say it's obviously dangerous without any proof.

Like with a hooker, if you didn't know whether or not she had HIV she'd be potentially dangerous, but not for sure. Whereas these fellas are saying "its extremely dangerous despite the fact that we don't know"

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: veggie]
    #7724622 - 12/06/07 01:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

What? No statement comparing it to LSD? I'm disappointed. :rolleyes: Seriously though, it's just a matter of time before it's federally scheduled, I'm afraid.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: Le_Canard]
    #7724905 - 12/06/07 03:08 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

When Rep. Joe Baca (D-CA) proposed the California law to ban salvia a couple years back, I heard about it and immediately called his office to tell them to cut it out. The secretary asked for my phone number and said that someone would call me back, which is not at all what I expected. An hour later I got a call from a legislative assistant who was _very_ well informed about drugs, but was on the other side. Turns out that this is the guy who wrote the law. I spoke with him for about two hours and it was a really good conversation. We discussed many aspects of the proposed law, how much harm it would cause, how much good it would do, etc. I reminded him how no one had head of MDMA in 1984, and shortly after it was outlawed its use exploded. I don't know if I had any direct effect, but it felt really good to be able to speak with the man directly and make an attempt to reason with him.

He told me that he intended to introduce it the next year, but he never did.

Gathering information about how Salvia can help addicts is one positive thing that can be done. If it can be shown to have helpful effects and little potential for abuse, it would have a hard time getting passed.

I just spoke with wisconsin senator sheldon wasserman's office a minute ago. They said that the bill has not yet made it out of committee, they are considering it this week.

Wisconsin residents, now is the time for action!

Call sheldon wasserman's office and also david cullen's office and ask them not to make the salvia bill into law.

Since these two yahoos wrote the bill, they are the best people to call. The next best people are the other members of the committee which is currently considering this legislation. I don't know what committee it is or who sits on the committee, I'll let a wisconsin resident take over from here.

InvisibleFeeling_of_Sound
Psychedelic Theorist
Male

Loc: Infinite Possibilities
Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: nepalnt21]
    #7724921 - 12/06/07 03:11 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nepalnt21 said:
Quote:

SuperD said:

its close to impossible to even sit up on a high dose, let alone grab your keys. someone should tell wasserman these things, because hes about two beans short of a three bean salad.

He should try it before he totally blames everything on it. Maybe in doing so he'd learn something... eh prolly not. He's a politician and I'm sure he's very stubborn.

--------------------
"Once expanded to the dimensions of a larger idea,
[the mind] never returns to its original size."

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

[quote] underfliptown said:
Adaptation to a sick society is no measure of mental health. [/quote]

Offlinedkamp
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: Feeling_of_Sound]
    #7726911 - 12/06/07 11:53 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

These two arguments are totally irrelevent to wasserman's point. There have already been two confirmed cases in Texas, and likely elsewhere, of teens driving under the influence of salvia and getting in a fatal crash. one had been smoking it prior to getting in the DRIVER'S seat and the other was smoking during the car ride. get educated people... this is why we can never make a solid point to argue these legislative movements, because of the shear ignorance of the general public to the true motivation of there reasons to start the movements in the first place

Offlinedkamp
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: dkamp]
    #7726927 - 12/06/07 11:57 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

and when they say the LONG TERM EFFECTS are still unknown they mean just that... They dont know the long term effects, this does not mean they dont know anything about it. LSD has been around for 50+ years and all of the long term effects are still unknown.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: Le_Canard]
    #7735648 - 12/09/07 07:46 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Seriously though, it's just a matter of time before it's federally scheduled, I'm afraid.

... Yea, I'm afraid, too. Long live The Salvia Divinorum Live Plant Marketplace

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: vinsue]
    #7736904 - 12/09/07 02:27 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

another stupid law.

How many people get drunk and then get in a car everyday and crash?

"We need to do something about the ready access teenagers have to it over the Internet and in stores across the state. We cannot allow young people to be deceived into thinking the drug is risk free because it is legal," Wasserman said

What about the ready access to alcohol, cigarettes and how easy children above 6 can get amphetamines from the doctor?

These laws here that America is making and all are fucked up, how do all you americans live with such stupidity?

--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: hpi]
    #7737101 - 12/09/07 03:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hpi said:
how do all you americans live with such stupidity?

...:shrug: :faded: :gethigh:  :guinness:  :bongload:  :drinklager:  :xtc:  :getstoned:  :pills::lsd: :rail:  :shroomer::mushroomgrow::mushroom2:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: State Lawmakers Propose Bill Banning Salvia Plant [WI] [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #7740144 - 12/10/07 11:39 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The full text of the proposed Wisconsin anti-salvia bill (AB477) is here:

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2007/data/AB477hst.html

And a small amendment that changes the bill so it references Salvinorin A:

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2007/data/AB477-AA1.pdf

And most importantly, here is a link to the page that gives the current status of the bill:

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2007/data/AB477hst.html

Currently, the most recent status is that they had a public hearing on 12/5. The bill is still being considered by the committee on criminal justice.

The time to kill this bill is NOW, before it reaches the full house floor. Currently the only people that need to be convinced to kill the bill are the members of the committee on criminal justice. If it leaves the committee, we will have to work on the entire legislature.

Here is a thread at entheogen.com about this bill:

http://www.entheogen.com/forum/showthread.php?p=145445

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale