Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Mixing strains? [Re: Kamin]
    #7685627 - 11/27/07 11:46 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Why all the opinion/personal theory presented in this thread as fact? It is entirely possible and practical to breed dikaryons. One does not need monokaryotic mycelium, although that's also a possibility. If you folks are talking about cubensis here, 'strains' will readily cross with each other. It might take a few tries to find compatible hyphae, but then again compare the number of isolates from a single strain that develop compared to the number of spores injected into the media. Not all spores germinate, and not all are compatible with each other, but hyphae from the same species are generally compatible, and when they're crossed they're not hybrids in my opinion, but simply crosses.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethe_chosen_one
On the Darkslide
Male User Gallery

Loc: 1984
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Mixing strains? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7724815 - 12/06/07 02:44 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i would agree. not a true "hybrid".. that would be an inter-species cross. this is simply a mixing of varieties. even the word "strain" is used rather liberally by us hobbiests.

--------------------
"Luck favors the observant." - Workman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract