Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: About me (and you) [Re: subopm420]
    #6607163 - 02/24/07 11:22 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

My name is fitzgerald, Im 32, and Im hung like a moose.

I like chinchilla fur on my naked body and making audio recordings of women taking dumps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: About me (and you) [Re: Redstorm]
    #6671123 - 03/14/07 11:33 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

I don't post here often anymore, but I am a 24 year old male. I am a manager of a restaurant that employs about 120 people. I have completed about 3/4 of college with a business degree and about 90 percent of a computer science degree. I am a Christian as well as a libertarian. I live on the south side of Atlanta (about 20 miles south). I do not currently use any illegal drugs, but I think that no drugs should be illegal. I own myself. You own yourself. I want to and am willing to kill those who want to take my life (liberty and property) from me. I view those who want to use the power of government to take from me as enemies in war. I am an extremist and I take no shame in it.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineGnosticWarrior
Hermit
 User Gallery

Loc: Oahu, Hawaii
    #6677013 - 03/16/07 01:59 PM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Redstorm, nice thread!

About me, 30 yr.old male born and raised on the Island of Oahu in Hawaii. It would be nice if we could legally grow some real ass sativas here in the open sunshine. My ancestors immigrated from Japan to work on sugar plantations here. Was a fat kid, lost some weight but still on the chubby side. B.A. in intl. business. A capitalist. Though I find it hard to work for people so I'm trying to make a living through investing. I like to read and am very analytical. I live in my parent's home, still. I'm a loner type. I also patronize prostitutes, lack the confidence and don't want to face rejection by the ladies. I'm liberal, man has freewill to do whatever he is physically and mentally capable of doing. We are truly the only enforcers for ourselves. I do believe there should be basic human rights, and decency though.

Was anti-drugs till the right friends peer pressured me, and got me to smoke weed. I was 21 at the time. I believe its more special if you're older and established more of strong sense of what the truth is and then have your whole world turned upside down. Then I decided to grow shrooms. Was afraid to pick wild one's. It changed my life. Shrooms tore down the wall I created. I learned to really "feel" for the first time. I believe in the soul and reincarnation. No man's mind or text contains the whole truth just bits mixed with some falsehood. The key to the truth lies in your heart, your feelings. In that you should trust. Religion is just labels that man uses to help understand spirituality. The greatest things in this world, love and the spirit are undescribable in words. It's like your first trip, you'll only know what it truly is until you experience it.

I view all of you as my brothers and sisters, we are all God's children. Let us all heal the fears, hurts, and demons that plague us and replace it will love.

One Love, One Heart,
GnosticWarrior

Offlinetrippindad82
Trusted Cultivator of Trich
Male

Loc: down, down the hole
Re: About me (and you) [Re: GnosticWarrior]
    #6822619 - 04/23/07 10:30 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I am a white male in my middle 20's.

I live in upstate ny. I was born in Oregon and grew up in northern cali.

The first ten years of my life I lived in poverty and then the foster care system.

At the age of ten I was adopted. My father is an Episcopal minister and my mom is a full time bitch.

Being that my adoptive mom couldn't understand nor accept the scars left on me during my rocky journey through the system, I moved out of my parents house at the age of sixteen. I had two more full years left of high school, so I got a job and got my diploma and bounced from couch to couch.

I am against the formal education system in america. IMO, it is designed to allow the bottom (dumbasses) the flourish and hold the brightest back. I was one of the brightest in my class (aced exams, scored a 1450 on the sat's without a calculator) yet almost failed out because I was COMPLETELY bored in school.

I became interested in politics and social nonsense at a young age because I heavily questioned everything I was told. The foster care system left a huge impression on me, especially after I was adopted into a middle class religious family. I strived to just disappear and hated what I was forced to go through. I started to despise the social structuring of school and much of the world outside. I hate material possessions. I hate the consumerism that drives the world around me. I believe in a limited government and the fact that we are all independent persons who have the right to do what we want when we want to ourself. I like the idea behind laissez-faire economics, however, just like communism is an idea that will never work. I want to see govt put back into the hands of the people and taken away from the elite.

This is a little about me. I hope that it helps persons understand from where I come. It was also nice to learn about others on this site.

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

Offlinemultivitamins
James
Male User Gallery

Loc: NW England, UK
Re: About me (and you) [Re: trippindad82]
    #6884641 - 05/07/07 01:40 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Im 21 and from the UK, I'm just about to sit my final exams in Bsc Psychology. I plan to work for a year or so and save up some money and go travelling (hopefully to South America). I like to trip :smile:.  When I get back I'd like to do postgraduate study or research in the field of consciousness (epecially the 'hard' problem of consciousness- the link between the brain and mind) and how pychadelics fit into this.  Idealy I'd like to pursue this line of research as a career, find a nice wife, have some kids and campaign for drug law reform in my spare time but we all know life is what happens when your busy making other plans....

--------------------
"She was able, prompt, strict and intelligent. She welcomed responsibility and kept her head in every crisis. She was an adult and self-reliant, and there was nothing she needed from anyone. Yossarian took pity and decided to help her"- Catch 22

Invisibleimplicitli
Female User Gallery
    #7018772 - 06/07/07 10:32 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I'm 23 years old, and I'm almost done my bachelor of arts - but I dropped out a year ago. I majored in political science, and specialized in political theory, and my minor is philosophy. I plan on going back to school in September, but am really procrastinating and might not get all of my documents together in time.

I've read way too many books (especially if you include all of the xanth and baby sitters club while I was growing up), and I think that I talk to much.

I'm very interested in the history of the philosophy of science ( I loved Bacon's New Organon); as well as Aristotle, Plato, Kant, bla bla bla (see, I talk too much).

Right now I'm in love with early american political theory, especially de Tocqueville and Thoreau.

I believe in questions more than answers.

InvisibleLordSenate Happy Birthday!
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
    #7129035 - 07/04/07 03:31 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

im also from michigan, and was raised pretty much the same way, you sound like me.. so much so that its scary..

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #7131574 - 07/05/07 08:23 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm twenty-four years old, and I graduated from NYU with a B.A. in English and American Literature a little over two years ago. Since then I have been living, working, and whittling the time away. But in the past eight-to-nine months I have become increasingly interested in drug policy reform and activism. I am a voracious reader on the topics of drugs and drug policy, and can be found devouring material on the subject on any given day of the week.

I've recently decided to apply to graduate school to get my Masters in Public Policy.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
    #7512561 - 10/13/07 04:23 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

35 yrd old, phd in american lit,; M.A. in English Lit, BS in Administration. Published writer (book about Benjamin Franklin), occultist, strong believer in psychedelics, well read in Lit, Philosophy, Theology, Political Theory, Cultural Studies, Art....

A proud man of the left, a leftist american...the preamble to the Constitution ALSO includes "promote the general welfare", have run for political office as a democrat, pro-union, anti-drug policy, anti most governmental intrusion into private life, believe the common good/interest has precedent over commercial interest, government exits as Madison said to protect the rights of the minority from the majority, but also as Franklin said to promote public good over private interest.

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7567597 - 10/27/07 06:40 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

My name's Jim.

Offlinekristofer
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indianapolis
    #7647837 - 11/17/07 02:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

nice thread!

I'm Kris. I run a software company with some friends in the Indianapolis area. I'm very liberal in nearly all accounts because [I think] capitalism is fundamentally flawed by encouraging people to consider money as a first priority instead of humanity.

I didn't graduate from college, but only because I was more interested in the business endeavor. It's working out alright.. I get my nomadic lifestyle and a regular paycheck.

My interest in economics and politics is only natural because I live in a world dramatically influenced by economics and politics. Otherwise I wouldn't care.

I tend to play devils advocate - and I think I do alright at it.. I was raised in a God-fearing right-winged family - and I know and understand that role very well. Not to mention reading Smith, Marx, and other idealists - and countless historical examples of all social ideologies and their failures/successes.

During my random travels I've developed a more people oriented philosophy that's not based on financial incentives and a world where the primary objective is to make enough money to "buy your freedom."

--------------------
dewbie dewbie dew

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: About me (and you) [Re: kristofer]
    #7685521 - 11/27/07 11:12 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

--

Edited by BrAiN (03/13/08 12:17 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: About me (and you) [Re: BrAiN]
    #7722528 - 12/05/07 11:38 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I also grew up in the burbs of DC, mostly Northern VA with all the rich kids even though I was a poor kid. I had a very troubling and disturbing childhood and was living on my own at the age of 16. I was diagnosed with an extremely high IQ and then later with various mental illnesses at a young age and was in all the advanced classes and mental institutions :wink: , but highschool was complete joke and I hated it with a passion so I dropped out and got my GED and never went to college, go figure. But I grew up on the streets of hard knock life and if there's one thing I know how to do, that's survive in tough situations.

I have a general dislike and distrust for all authority figures, mostly due to my childhood and being raped by the system and various people in positions of power and influence. I am for justice and free will, the basics.. but very passionate about them. Some would say too passionate.

For a long time I was just staying in the DC area just working and just living, playing music and doing whatever. Then I decided to explore the US after dropping all of my attachments to society.. a process which took place over about 3 years, and I'm still not sure if I'm done. So I travelled all around the US with no car and no money, getting the odd job here and there, and just exploring life. In all it amounted to an experience I wouldn't trade for anything but also one I wouldn't want to repeat under the same circumstances.

Right now I'm living in Upstate NY and seem to have settled down for now. I have no plans to attend college to further my career or anything like that, college is (to me) bullshit and a giant waste of money I don't have. I've made more money working real jobs then most of my college graduate friends anyway. And I can learn just fine on my own things I am interested in and want to expand my knowledge on.

My plan for the future is to hopefully live on a farm someday and grow my own food and live with the woman I love and be a positive and loving influence to my environment and those around me, and help create a harmonious way of life for all and just learn from life. Maybe incite a revolution or two, write a book.. who knows.

--------------------

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: About me (and you) [Re: Shroomism]
    #7723399 - 12/06/07 07:38 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Your only mental ilness was being forced to grow up in Northern VA. Ugh! I can't stand Northern VA. Too many brats. My condolances for having to live there.

Arlington? Annandale?

If you ever have reason to come back, there's a store in annandale you'd probably like. It's a recordshop called Strangeland Records, got tons of cds, dvd's and vinyl (dnb, metal, industrial, mostly the latter two). That place is like something outta a cartoon.

OfflinePaleocon
Stranger
Re: About me (and you) [Re: BrAiN]
    #7735865 - 12/09/07 09:37 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I consider myself a very old school, conservative in the truist sense of adhering to concepts of duty, family, loyalty to one's country, tradition and religion. I do not think we are all created equal-as their is obviously a hierarchy, however I think the strong have a duty to protect the weak-especially from themselves. I also strongly believe in actively doing the right thing-as all that is necessary for the ascension of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Offlineanarchist1776
Title
Male

Loc: United States
    #8543342 - 06/20/08 03:24 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Either that, or attempt to get an internship to the Ayn Rand Institute.

Rand would hate me.

(A) I have no problem calling myself a libertarian.  To Rand, all libertarians were anarchists (not true), all anarchists were leftists (true only depending upon how you define left/right), and all anarchists were collectivists (very false).

(B) I have no problem calling myself a market anarchist.  (See above.)

(C) I wholly reject Objectivist epistemology, which she considered the foundation for all of her beliefs.  (I agree with her on most things politically, but that wouldn't be good enough for her.)

And so, Rand would hate me.  But, whatever.  She still influenced me to some degree, and I still can't wait for the Atlas Shrugged movie to come out.

But I'd definitely prefer to work with the Mises Institute or the Institute for Humane Studies. :smile:

--------------------
Alex

"The difference between free-market capitalism and state capitalism is precisely the difference between, on the one hand, peaceful, voluntary exchange, and on the other, violent expropriation" (Murray N. Rothbard, 1973).

"The market is not a jumble of distorted and unrelated events.  Instead, it is a highly complex but orderly and efficient mechanism which provides a means for each person to realize the maximum possible value and satisfaction commensurate with his abilities and resources" (Linda & Morris Tannehill, 1970).

OfflinePOLAR0ID
Loitering
Female User Gallery

Loc: Orange County, CA
Re: About me (and you) [Re: anarchist1776]
    #8656106 - 07/19/08 06:09 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I figure I might as well post here because, even though I don't post replies too often, I have been reading the posts here a lot. Let me tell you, I try not to post ON PURPOSE. Politics is strenuous, and speaking to a firm believer in their personal (and differing) politics is much like speaking to a brick wall. Nothing will move that wall!!

I'm 19, a college student, broad minded, liberal, and outspoken. Into art, graphic design and photography, and there you have a general "me" post.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: About me (and you) [Re: POLAR0ID]
    #8656111 - 07/19/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome and enjoy your stay. :laugh:

OfflineLibertine
Tarzan...King of Mars
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #8703726 - 07/30/08 06:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I am a 45 year old small business owner.  I own and operate an adult video store.  I enjoy smoking weed 3-5 times a week and ingesting either LSD or mushrooms 4-6 times a year.

Politically I am a 'left-Libertarian' who passionately defends the civil liberties given to us in the Constitution of the United States.  I am a non-practicing Roman Catholic having given up on the 'organized religion' moneymaking scam long ago.  I view discussing politics as a 'full contact sport' for the thick skinned.  I can be snarky, sarcastic and sometimes impolite discussing politics but try never to take any of it personally...as I hope nobody else will.  It is just politics (and the internet) for Christ's sake. :wink:

Nice to meet everyone. :smile:

:rastamon:

--------------------
A mind is a terrible thing to taste...hehehe.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: About me (and you) [Re: Libertine]
    #8704675 - 07/30/08 10:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think you have to worry much about offending anyone.

We keep it pretty rough and tumble here.

Enjoy yourself.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck