Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
chef for hire
    #7691214 - 11/28/07 04:10 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I was thinking, maybe I should start up a small buisness that would make it so people could call me up too cook them personal goodness. So many people work so late and then come home and open up some packaged nonsense and put it in the oven. Why not call me up and have me come over and do the cooking while they go about there daily routine without having to worry about dinner.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: chef for hire [Re: snoot]
    #7691965 - 11/28/07 06:33 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

why do that when you can take the good ol' american route and just stop at one of the countless cheap fast food restaurants :smile:

--------------------

InvisiblePycnogenol
anti-oxidant
Female

Loc: San Lorenzo
Re: chef for hire [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #7694575 - 11/29/07 12:08 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

If you are serving you're cannabis infused goodies, id like to hire you as my 24/7 personal chef.:cool: but really I think almost every thing you post look wonderful.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #7695026 - 11/29/07 02:25 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

snoot said:
I was thinking, maybe I should start up a small buisness that would make it so people could call me up too cook them personal goodness. So many people work so late and then come home and open up some packaged nonsense and put it in the oven. Why not call me up and have me come over and do the cooking while they go about there daily routine without having to worry about dinner.

If you can cook, thats not a bad gig at all.

There are a shit-ton of personal chefs here.

Like, alot.

Its getting to be a pretty big business, from what I understand.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #7697101 - 11/29/07 10:48 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You could make a good living around here doing just that..

Personal chefs are all the rage in Hollywood.

Who said cannabis cooking?

Damn, with California being more and more of a pro pot state with many many celebrities and wealthy people on board with "medical marijuana permission", that would be a KILLER idea.

Dammit.. Im a gonna do it.

Ill make healthy organic dose related meals for people suffering from sleep illnesses. Eat a meal and sleep through the night.

Damn.. that would be sweet.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: chef for hire [Re: GabbaDj]
    #7698363 - 11/30/07 11:00 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
    #7698511 - 11/30/07 11:37 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

you want to be my personal chef?

I recquire meals at 2 pm (breakfast), 7 pm (dinner) and 12 am (stoner dinner) on a daily basis.

I'll be willing provide free housing (air mattress in the kitchen) and pay $50 per week.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: chef for hire [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #7701131 - 11/30/07 10:29 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
you want to be my personal chef?

I recquire meals at 2 pm (breakfast), 7 pm (dinner)  and 12 am (stoner dinner) on a daily basis.

I'll be willing provide free housing (air mattress in the kitchen) and pay $50 per week.

if you add a zero to that too make 500$ I'll be there by monday. :boobs: aslong as you dont mind a bit of late night ambient electronic sessions things will work great.

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: chef for hire [Re: GabbaDj]
    #7701143 - 11/30/07 10:32 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GabbaDj said:
You could make a good living around here doing just that..

Personal chefs are all the rage in Hollywood.

Who said cannabis cooking?

Damn, with California being more and more of a pro pot state with many many celebrities and wealthy people on board with "medical marijuana permission", that would be a KILLER idea.

Dammit..    Im a gonna do it.

Ill make healthy organic dose related meals for people suffering from sleep illnesses.  Eat a meal and sleep through the night.

Damn.. that would be sweet.

yzz I'll be your first mate. Design the patent, and I'm all aboard. :boobs:

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

OfflineJAYMAN
Stranger

#7705186 - 12/02/07 02:04 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I have a friend who does this. He also has a catering company, when he is busy he usually hires me out to do this. He calls his
"Chef at home". Not only can you make some good money doing this, it is also fun to be able to interact with your customers, beats being in a kitchen cooking where nobody will ever know you cooked their meal.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #7722612 - 12/06/07 12:02 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The obvious is that you work when you want for who you want and at you get to be as creative as your customers will let you, it's not as stressful as restaurant work and if you're good at it pays handsomly. However there are also downsides to this, like unruly over-demanding customers (especially ones with children, dietary needs or those who like to entertain large groups) and if you happen to create a disaster word of mouth spreads fast. Also, location is key. Yes if you live in major metropolitain area then finding well heeled customers with the money to pay for a private chef is fairly easy but try doing that in more rural or suburban areas with lower costs of living and you'll have to find more contracts as opposed to just working for a handful of customers that can pay you a living wage. The obvious tool in this type of business is networking, both on and offline. It also helps if you have credibility (and contacts) through working in restaurants or for a catering company. I've done some personal chefing in my neighborhood with decent results, but truth be told I'm just not a people person and didn't exactly liked being treated like "part of the family"

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom