Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBeebo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Grains question ( no pics, sorry)
    #7720433 - 12/05/07 06:25 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Has anyone else here grown the birdseed tek and noticed a light blueish growth on the grains before they puff out white?

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineoxohawkoxo
Myconaught
Male

Re: Grains question ( no pics, sorry) [Re: Beebo]
    #7720603 - 12/05/07 06:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Blue huh? Assuming it's not a contamination, it may be bruising of the first bits of growth. How did you hydrate your grain?

OfflineKuntJoose
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 49th parrellel
Re: Grains question ( no pics, sorry) [Re: oxohawkoxo]
    #7720883 - 12/05/07 07:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

ooo.....blue then white? was it fuzzy and thick or fuzzy and airy. it doesn't sound good. My experience specifically with wbs is limited to only 6 failures and 2 successes(switched to berries, a little more expensive(still very cheap) but much easier to prep and use) and the only blue i ever saw was mold or when it just got shaken really hard. Only 3 things come to mind tho 1.contam 2.wet grain 3. or possibly even that the seed was treated with something.
but there maybe some1 that uses it all the time and would know more.

--------------------

OfflineBeebo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Grains question ( no pics, sorry) [Re: KuntJoose]
    #7722493 - 12/06/07 01:28 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

White and fluffy, I'm not sure if either it's just starting myc bruising from shaking, or if it's a contamination. I'd hate to be spending all this time growing a thing of mold, but I'd also hate throwing out four perfectly fine jars if that's all it is. My methods were pretty thorough. I soaked for a day, simmered for an hour, Pced for an hour, waited a day to inoc. I lit the syringe up to red hot and kept it the tip in an alcohol soaked rag between jar hits. Maybe I'm just shit outa luck.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation