Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDeadlycentipede
Square
 User Gallery

A legit site or a royal ripoff
    #7713772 - 12/04/07 12:53 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

IS THE MUSHROOMS ADVENTURES SITE FOUND THROUGH GOOGLE LEGIT?

HOW CAN YOU TELL IF A SITES IS LEGIT?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrazyEarl
Meat Popsicle
Male

Loc: WHAT?!
Re: A legit site or a royal ripoff [Re: Deadlycentipede]
    #7713782 - 12/04/07 01:01 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i suggest using only shroomery sponsors

--------------------

InvisibleGlacier Creek
The Chef
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: A legit site or a royal ripoff [Re: CrazyEarl]
    #7713785 - 12/04/07 01:03 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Use shroomery vendors..... You know they are safe, so why take the chance.

--------------------

Google "Earthly Info" to find my mushroom recipes. #1 baby.. yeah...

WARNING: All messages posted under this profile
are actually algorithmicly generated by an AI computer program.  No truth or actual events are being generated, and as a result cannot be investigated for thier validity.  (message 2345433)

Offlinesomebody041
bud tester
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: A legit site or a royal ripoff [Re: Glacier Creek]
    #7713792 - 12/04/07 01:10 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

need help finding the caps lock key?

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

Re: A legit site or a royal ripoff [Re: Deadlycentipede]
    #7713825 - 12/04/07 01:38 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Haven’t ever heard of them before but they look legit. They don’t even sell anything that deals with any active fungi and I don’t see anything that looks shady.

The compost they carry looks rather interesting as well.

This whole “Blindly trust shroomery sponsors” attitude that everyone seems to have is pretty ridicules.

I hate to say it but many people with fairly large purchases have been ripped off by a few shroomery sponsors. (im not going to name names but just look around and do some searches)

What’s worse is the Administration tends to turn a blind eye until things get ugly. I don’t suggest buying from anyone (even a shroomery sponsor) unless they are recommended by many people that have had transactions with the vendor personally. Don’t listen to anyone saying “trust any shroomery sponsor” because they aren’t all trustworthy, do your research, ask questions here, and place small orders.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: A legit site or a royal ripoff [Re: Mojo]
    #7713937 - 12/04/07 03:38 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

welll theres a reason for that, and ill tell you exactly why.

If you want to get your card details (or if you send cash) stolen then its up to you.

I used a few non shroomery sponsors, and one of them stole my card details and used it to buy 4 bus tickets and 1 train ticket totating almost £200. Which left me in a sticky situation.

I dont doubt that there are other companys that are ok.

But the shroomery sponsors are sponsors because they have been found to be the best and are trusted. Plus you can get good deals and money off from being a shroomery member.

Just cause they look ligit doesnt mean it so.

I have seen plenty of rip off sites that looked like the real thing (like lloyds tsb and bank of scotland fake websites that steal account details)

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

Re: A legit site or a royal ripoff [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7713959 - 12/04/07 03:51 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Well I told him he shouldn’t use anyone unless its recommended by people that have dealt with them directly.

I told him I had never heard of the site in question, but I also gave him my opinion and impression of the site.

I wasn’t trying to say you shouldn’t use Shroomery sponsors. I think you are right that there is a far less chance of getting ripped off by a sponsor. I also think it’s not 100%, and it’s not because cash is stolen out of the mail. There have been cases when a shroomery sponsor blatantly ripped someone off, in some cases with dollar amounts over $500. That is why I told him to do his research here and don’t make orders that are too large. I'd rather get ripped off 30 bucks than several hundred.

I don’t understand the relationship the shroomery has with their sponsors vary well. I’m sure there is some kind of contract that may keep the shroomerys hands tied when something like this happens. All I know is people have been ripped off by shroomery sponsors with what seems to me like no repercussions at all from the administration here at the shroomery. It’s a money and legal thing im sure, and I don’t fully understand what is at work here. However I DO know it happens, and people should know. The Administration knows, the whole community should know.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #7714338 - 12/04/07 08:41 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mojo said:
There have been cases when a shroomery sponsor blatantly ripped someone off, in some cases with dollar amounts over $500. That is why I told him to do his research

funny you should mention that, we've had a few sponsors that have dropped the ball
for some reason or another, none that we know of that have as you describe as
having 'blatantly' ripped anyone off, being the type of community that we are we
do what we can (admins, mods and other users) to prevent this sort of thing from
happening.

every time we start hearing complaints about our vendors we place orders, if
they dont get filled we investigate more thoroughly, if we conclude that the
vendor needs to be dropped then it's done, What makes this community different
is that our other vendors generally volunteer their goods to be shipped to those
that we have confirmed had unfilled orders from these former vendors.

we all try to look out for each other here and if you know of a vendor that is
ripping people off, we'd like to know, last thing we want to see is your hard
earned cash being flushed because we allowed someone to go unchecked

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

Re: A legit site or a royal ripoff [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #7714395 - 12/04/07 08:59 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Perhaps I shouldn’t have said blatantly, that may not be the whole story. I may not even know the whole stories as they usually aren’t any of my business and are generally kept mostly private.

I’m not pointing the finger at any one sponsor, They’re mostly all great but stories get around ya know. And you know how sometimes irritated people can be a little over exaggerating when they are bitching about a deal gone south, maybe that attributed the some of the wording I chose.

I’m not trying to make a big deal or get nit picky about it. Maybe I approached the whole issue wrong.

Really what im trying to say is that a blind faith in any vendor isn’t a good idea IMO and I see a lot of that going on. Like you said sometimes they drop the ball and a once perfectly reputable vendor is now not shipping orders for whatever reason. I think its important you try and see what people are saying about the vendor around the time you plan on placing an order.

Keeping orders small is just a precaution; it hurts to lose a lot of money. And when you provide delicate info to a vendor, just to find out they are unprofessional and ripping you off, it can be intimidating to even make a fuss about it.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #7714433 - 12/04/07 09:14 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mojo said:
There have been cases when a shroomery sponsor blatantly ripped someone off, in some cases with dollar amounts over $500. . .

However I DO know it happens, and people should know. The Administration knows, the whole community should know.

You did say 'blatantly' and you did say 'you DO(capital letters are yours) know it happens'. Now, you're trying to backpeddle. Either you were bullshitting or you will say exactly WHO got ripped off for $500 from a sponsor. You have slammed a whole group of good people with no evidence whatever.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

Re: A legit site or a royal ripoff [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7714457 - 12/04/07 09:22 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Well I do know it happened, and I don’t have evidence of it because it wasn’t me. And I know if I divulge the information you want it would be a vary bad idea since it was told to me in the secrecy of a PM.

However id be happy to talk to you about it through PM RR. I will tell you who got ripped off for $500 and you can PM that person and see if they would like to tell you the story as well.

Edit, id rather not do that, because it would piss the person off that gave me the info. But if your ganna perma ban me id be willing to.

I know when a website gets this big, money starts being a factor. And I know your all about your money RR, the way you push your products. And it wouldn’t surprise me if you pushed your weight around because of some chump talking about people getting ripped off, after all it may mean less money right?

I do feel like it was Blatant and I DO know it happened. And id be surprised if you don’t.
But I backstepped because maybe people blow things out of proportion, and since I didn’t have any reason to talk to to the vendor about it directly since It was none of my business, maybe it wasn’t as blatant as it was presented to me.

Edited by Mojo (12/04/07 09:41 AM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #7714466 - 12/04/07 09:25 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Awaiting pm.
RR

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

Re: A legit site or a royal ripoff [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7714501 - 12/04/07 09:36 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

sent

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #7714614 - 12/04/07 10:09 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

is this guy talking about this site. I know it isnt a shroomery sponser but they specialize in edibles and grow kits. No exotics.
They are legit, i usually buy a portobello kit fro them each year at the mssf fungus fair. It was just two days ago and they were selling kits again. They are totaly legit and safe. using one of their kits is a great way to learn about proper casing water content.

here is the site, please do not delete

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Edited by Prisoner#1 (12/04/07 10:59 AM)

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A legit site or a royal ripoff [Re: tahoe]
    #7714625 - 12/04/07 10:12 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

omt, they do sell premaide compost. "white compost" its a good price and works good for your exotci growing needs!

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

Re: A legit site or a royal ripoff [Re: tahoe]
    #7714698 - 12/04/07 10:30 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Ok but Tahoe they still sell items that the shroomery sponsors carry,  Which means they are still a competing vendor and im pretty sure your not allowed to link to them.

About the rest of the drama I caused:

RR helped me understand all of the circumstances surrounding the issue he inquired me about.

He also explained that he interpreted some of my comments to paint an image that the administration was protecting scammers and such.

I see where he is coming from, but I didn’t think they were protecting them as much as I thought that I didn’t really understand the relationship and thought there might be legal issues or contracts surrounding it.

Regardless,

I retract everything I said an apologize the administration, im not trying to cause drama.  The only thing I don’t take back was my main point all along, I still don’t believe you should trust a vendor based on the sole reason that they are a shroomery sponsor.  And ill cite Prisoner#1’s post to support that.

But overall, my seriously scandalous allegations were false.  And RR helped me understand the whole story and why that vendor is still a shroomery sponsor and perfectly reputable.  I didn’t have the whole story but I was still just trying to look out for fellow members.  I tend to speak my mind even if it is against the machine.

Maybe the shroomery isn’t quite the machine my paranoid mind likes to think it is sometimes.:grin:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #7714722 - 12/04/07 10:34 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #7714831 - 12/04/07 11:02 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mojo said:
Well I do know it happened, and I don’t have evidence of it because it wasn’t me. And I know if I divulge the information you want it would be a vary bad idea since it was told to me in the secrecy of a PM.

goodness, the secrecy of a PM... most every bad deal from a sponsor is listed in
the sponsors forum, I'm sure a few are not but you'll see we do not take it
lightly when sponsors start ripping off anyone

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

#7714877 - 12/04/07 11:12 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I’m not sure if this one was or not. I couldn’t find it in a quick search.

But it was still presented to me via PM and I didn’t think it was proper to bring names and sponsors into it. Why bother? I’m still happy I didn’t. RR explained the drama to me and I understand now.

You can find plenty of Tennstud drama in there but I don’t think the one I was talking about was.

Any way I already apologized man.

OfflineMolasses
sobriety with aside of what thefuck am i doing?
Male

Loc: Marijuanaville, Vermont
    #7714892 - 12/04/07 11:15 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The Moral? Don't trust anyone blindly. Do some research, and be safe

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck