Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Anyone read german? Short one page translation help needed
    #7712665 - 12/03/07 10:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hello, been looking at some older papers in chemistry, specifically dichromate oxidations and came across a paper in german which I can't get a good translation for.

The main question is what are the yeilds stated at the end? 80% or 8 of ten? Is someone would feel like typing up a short english version, much obliged.

This is a patent dealing w/ oxidation of codeine to 14hydroxycodeinone

---

20 Teile Kodein werden in 80 Teilen Wasser unter Zusatz von 25 Teilen Eisessig in Losung gerbracht und die

abgekuhlte Flussigkeit mit einer Losung Von 20 Teilen Natriumbichromat in 25 Teilen Wasser versetzt. Es

entsteht ein oliger Niederschlag, der nach kurzem Erwarmen fest und kristallinisch wird. Das Reaktionsgemisch

wird auf dem Wasserbade langsam unter standigem Ruhren auf 80 erwamt, wobei sich der Niederschlag auflost

Nunmerhr unterbricht man das Erwamen; infolge einer Nachreaktion steigt dic Temperatur bis etwa 90.

Nach kuzem Stehen kuhlt man stark ab un fallt die neugebildete Base durch Zusatz von uberschussiger

Chromsaurelosung als Bichromat. Die aus dem Bichromat in ublicher Weise isolierte Base kristallisiert aus Alkohol

in Blattchen vom Zersetzungspuknt 273 und zeigt die eigenschaften des von freund und Speye r beschriebenen

Oxykodeinons

Teile Kodeinon werden in 80 wasser unter Zusatz von 25 teilen eisessig in Losung gebracht und dann eine Losung

von 8 Teilen Natriumbichromat in 25 teilen wasser hinzugegeben. Der weitere verlauf der Reaktion gestaltet sich,

wie in Beispiel 1 angegeben. Man erhalt eine Ausheute von 8 bis 10 Teilen Oxykodeinon.

===

The lat section is particulary intersting. Man erhalt eine Ausheute von 8 bis 10 Teilen Oxykodeinon. What is that?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleim_on_a_boat
Stranger

Re: Anyone read german? Short one page translation help needed [Re: johnm214]
    #7712685 - 12/03/07 10:08 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

freetranslation.com gives me:

20 Parts code become water in 80 parts under addition of 25 parts ice vinegar in Losung gerbracht and that

Abgekuhlte Flussigkeit with a Losung of 20 parts Natriumbichromat in 25 parts water transfers. It

An oliger precipitation, that emerges heated after short firmly and kristallinisch becomes. The reaction mixture

becomes on the water baths slow under standigem Ruhren on 80 erwamt whereby the precipitation listed itself

One interrupts Nunmerhr the Erwamen; as a result of an after reaction, dic temperature climbs until about 90.

After kuzem standing kuhlt one strongly from un the newly formed base falls through addition of uberschussiger

Chromsaurelosung as a Bichromat. The base isolated out of the Bichromat in ublicher manner crystallizes out of alcohol

in leaf of the Zersetzungspuknt 273 and shows the characteristics the of friend and Speye r of described

Oxykodeinons

Kodeinon would divide will divide brought ice vinegar in Losung in 80 waters under addition of 25 and then a Losung

Of 8 parts Natriumbichromat in 25 divide water there supplement. The further course of the reaction forms itself

How in example 1 indicated. One receipt an Ausheute of 8 to 10 parts Oxykodeinon.

-----------

maybe that will help.

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
Re: Anyone read german? Short one page translation help needed [Re: johnm214]
    #7712710 - 12/03/07 10:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

sorry too tired to translate the whole thing and i doubt i'm the only one here that speaks german anyway.

the last line means: one receives a yield of 8-10 parts oxycodeine.

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
Re: Anyone read german? Short one page translation help needed [Re: SapphireCat]
    #7712784 - 12/03/07 10:36 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

20 parts Kodein are put in 80 parts Water with 25 parts icevinegar

and the cooled off liquid is transferred to a solution of 20 parts natriumbichromat(not sure what this chemical is, wasnt old enough to do science when i was in germany) in 25 parts water

an oily downforce occurs, that after a quick heating turns hard and crystaline Das Reaktionsgemisch

the reactionmix is heated under constant stirring to 80, which causes the downforce to disappear

now one stops the heating and the after-reaction brings the temperature up to about 90

After a quick stand, one cools down strongly and "fallt"(this could be fällt i guess but that doesnt make sense, its the important verb f the sentence tho) the newly created base through addition of leftover

Chromsaurelosung(copper acid solution?) as Bichromat. the out of the Bichromat standard isolate base crystalises out of alcohol

in leaves from Zersetzungspuknt(melting point i believe) 273 and shows the properties that are described by friend and speye r

Oxykodeinons

Parts Kodeinon are brought into solution in 80 parts water under addition of 25 parts icevinegar

and then given into a solution of 8 parts Natriumbichromat in 25 parts water. the rest of the reaction continues as described in example 1.

phew. sorry i dont know any technical terms or chemical names in german

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Anyone read german? Short one page translation help needed [Re: SapphireCat]
    #7713144 - 12/03/07 11:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

that's okay they're pretty much latin or greek derived anyways.

Thanks!!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub