Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: why peyton manning > tom brady [Re: lonestar2004]
    #7752659 - 12/13/07 06:24 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Manning, eventually he will own ALL the records.

Brady is on pace to get 55-60 passing touchdowns this season... If that happens you can be assured nobody, not even manning will touch it. That record if it happens may in fact be never broken by another football player ever again.

I love Peyton, he is a joy to watch play football, but Brady is a more efficient quarterback. He may have more self-restraint, and may be better under pressure than manning. And he has 3 superbowl rings... with a fourth possibly on its way.

And to people who say a quarterback isnt heavily responsible for his teams part in attaining a superbowl ring, let me tell you, very few teams with a shitty quarterback would ever make it to the superbowl, let alone win the damn thing. But his team deserves much credit as well...

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: why peyton manning > tom brady [Re: Redstorm]
    #7753602 - 12/13/07 12:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It wasnt Brady against 11 Defensive players. Like I said, the superbowl is a team stat. The team won, brady was part of the team and he contributed but he didnt win them all those games. I still think their running game got them there. And it isnt my homework, I make claims after looking at stats not before. Frankly, I dont have the time during the week to go copy and paste every stat that supports my opinion.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: why peyton manning > tom brady [Re: AaronEvil]
    #7754135 - 12/13/07 03:01 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AaronEvil said:
I still think their running game got them there. And it isnt my homework, I make claims after looking at stats not before.

Yes, since you know, the game clinching drives against the Eagles, Rams, and Panthers, were all using the rush, right?

Do you even realize how often Brady passed during the 4th quarter game-winning drives in ALL THREE super bowls?

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: why peyton manning > tom brady [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #7754699 - 12/13/07 05:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Of course he doesn't because then he would have to accept facts that go against his preconceived notions of why they won.

Notice how he makes an assertion and then doesn't back it up with any facts? It's typical.

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: why peyton manning > tom brady [Re: Redstorm]
    #7754981 - 12/13/07 06:16 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Here, this thread is for you

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=86&Number=7542581&page=0&fpart=1

notice how he can't even back his initial claims so he diverts his original points into various far-fetched explanations
here's some good excerpts:

Quote:

Because a record obviously shows how good a team is as a whole. I hope you dont honestly believe that. If you do, I will stop arguing. But look at the players on the teams not the record.

Here's the real cherry on the top

Quote:

They had a couple good wins but most of the teams they have played are mediocre.

Indy beats New England

Quote:

I think the 14-2 season the Chargers has last year was more impressive than the Pats, Dallas, and Greenbay records this year. The Chargers actually had to play tough teams last season.

But once i call him out on the facts, he diverts to this:

Quote:

The Pats ARE better than the Chargers and Baltimore of last season, but the records of both those teams WERE more impressive to me considering the mediocre players both teams has in many possitions.

Quote:

I stand by my statement that the Pats will not make it to the AFC Championship game and they will hopefully lose this weekend.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Re: why peyton manning > tom brady [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #7757193 - 12/14/07 03:16 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Edited by AaronEvil (12/14/07 01:41 PM)

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7757608 - 12/14/07 09:22 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Whoa.. deja vu

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinecastle212
Cannibal
Male

Loc: The Twilight Zone
    #7784916 - 12/21/07 09:25 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I have been watching Manning since he played for the Tennessee Vols. To be honest, I think he is a better QB than Brady because of the way he can read defenses. That being said, I think that the Patriots have an all around better team. Brady is a good QB but his team completes the package. I am a big Manning fan but I would take a great TEAM(patriots) over a phenomenal player(manning) any day. Just to make it clear, I am not saying the colts don't have good players because they do. I just think the Pats are a better balanced team. Thats just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions? Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, lol.

--------------------

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY FIRE THEN DON'T COME AROUND CAUSE I'M GONNA BURN ONE DOWN. - Ben Harper

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Re: why peyton manning > tom brady [Re: castle212]
    #7786551 - 12/21/07 06:08 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I agree, you do have an asshole.

Thats what I have been saying as well, only I put it in terms of Brady's season being incredible due to the fact his team as a whole is great. He isnt the greatest to ever play the game though. Manning might not be either, but I think Manning is better than Tom Brady.

--------------------

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

#7788646 - 12/22/07 11:35 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

im gonna have to agree with you on that one

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder