Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleShroomyJay
Stranger

Strange dreams due to quitting weed?
    #7701444 - 12/01/07 12:01 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I've been having the strangest dreams all week. Not only that, but I wake up able to remember all the dreams I had all night long, not just the ones right before I wake. The only thing I can think of that might be triggering this is that I stopped smoking weed a week ago (had been smoking once a day for a couple of months prior).

There's a pattern to some of these dreams, especially the ones I have right before I wake up. I keep dreaming that I'm watching TV with friends, and something really bizarre happens on the TV that nobody except for me seems to react to. The only thing that changes about the dream is the cast of characters. And I always seem to have this one right before I wake up.

For example, this morning I dreamt that I was watching Fox News with two friends. (Yeah right! None of us would ever watch Fox News.) And Bush was about to give some kind of important speech. As he's walking towards the podium, he starts to stumble. He grips the podium for balance, but clearly something's wrong with him, like he's having some kind of seizure. He falls to the ground onto his back, and I'm thinking "Wow, this is crazy, and nobody's coming to help him!"

The camera zooms into Bush's face, and his eyes are welling up. He's unable to move, but his eyes show that he's clearly conscious and completely mortified and humiliated for having this occur on live television. And then slowly the picture fades to static.

I pick up the remote and go "Holy shit! We need another news channel. Which channel's CNN?" I turn to my friend, and he just looks completely stonefaced. No reaction at all. So I turn to my other friend and ask him. He casually says "Oh, CNN, it's channel zero." Zero?! Okay, so I try that, but it's just static as well. I get completely frustrated that I'm the only one showing an emotional reaction to this event, and then I wake up.

My other dreams have been equally bizarre. Anyone else experience strange effects like this from cutting back on cannabis use?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenewlife
Raging Anamorphist
Male

Loc: South of the Arctic
Re: Strange dreams due to quitting weed? [Re: ShroomyJay]
    #7701478 - 12/01/07 12:09 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe your a really passive smoker, and due to you quitting youve gained more passion.

InvisibleShroomyJay
Stranger

Re: Strange dreams due to quitting weed? [Re: newlife]
    #7701494 - 12/01/07 12:15 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hadn't thought about that, but those two friends of mine don't smoke regularly in real life.

Actually I spent a half hour thinking about it when I woke up, and came to a rather Jungian interpretation. I think "Bush" represents ego, and what was happening on the TV represents the transformation of ego. And I was frustrated because my friends weren't interested in sharing that experience with me.

Offlinenewlife
Raging Anamorphist
Male

#7701507 - 12/01/07 12:20 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm that could be true. What about the other passive people that you see in your dreams? Are they the same as these friends?

InvisibleShroomyJay
Stranger

#7701514 - 12/01/07 12:24 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

They're all friends of mine who'd be willing to smoke weed with me, but aren't interested in shrooms. And I guess I felt frustrated because I've personally found shrooms to be more beneficial and meaningful.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #7701516 - 12/01/07 12:25 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well remembering your dreams and having the more vivid is are common side effects of quitting smoking(especially cigarettes) The fact that you are experience very similar dreams is quite easy to explain as well. What you are experiencing is known as a dream sign. Basically everyone has the same things that happen(that are usually physically impossible in waking life) in their dreams on a regular basis. they are vary from individual to individual. For example a dream sign of mine is me driving a car that all of a sudden controls itself. Now the reason they call them dream signs is because you can count on them as a way of telling you"hey I'm in a dream" where you will become lucid and be conscious while in the dream state. A good exercise is, every time you sit in front of a TV truly ask yourself" Am I dreaming" If done enough in waking life you will ask yourself in a dream as well.

--------------------

OfflineMokshaIs
everywhereeverpresent

#7701518 - 12/01/07 12:26 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Very dandy to read. I remember after quitting pot I would have some rather vivid dreams the weeks following...But who knows what the real reason is...?... Maybe its all those machine elves just him hammering away at the buttons of reality...hmmmmzzzzlpook...they say it so... Freud was a coked out nut case who saved psychiatry from the likes of sanity. Jung on A nother hand is quite dandy from my perspective...
"show me a sane man and I'll cure him" he said. I mean...c'mon! how dandy is that!

--------------------
in all of Infinite
there is but One
and it is nOne
ever and always
in every and all ways

Offlinenewlife
Raging Anamorphist
Male

Re: Strange dreams due to quitting weed? [Re: MokshaIs]
    #7701534 - 12/01/07 12:36 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah dude, you need to get them onto shrooms. Theyll thank you forever.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#7701538 - 12/01/07 12:39 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomery said:
Hadn't thought about that, but those two friends of mine don't smoke regularly in real life.

Actually I spent a half hour thinking about it when I woke up, and came to a rather Jungian interpretation. I think "Bush" represents ego, and what was happening on the TV represents the transformation of ego. And I was frustrated because my friends weren't interested in sharing that experience with me.

Obviously its hard to interpret a dream for someone else(the best way in my opinion is the one who experienced the dream to use free association) and my interpretation will probably work as more of a projection test of my preconscious thoughts but ill give my two cents.

The part about the the channels seems like its referring to your view on the government. you were fed up with the republican party(fox) and upset that your friends and family are completely careless to the fact of what the government is getting away with, no one is taking action. We are all mindless drones spending our life sitting in front of the tube watching events unfold The part about changing the channel to CNN a more liberal channel showed your desire for a more democratic government and how you wish it would change.:shrug:

--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (12/01/07 12:40 AM)

InvisibleShroomyJay
Stranger

Re: Strange dreams due to quitting weed? [Re: MokshaIs]
    #7701539 - 12/01/07 12:40 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I agree about Jung. He's the shit. (In other words, dandy... :wink:)

InvisibleShroomyJay
Stranger

#7701545 - 12/01/07 12:42 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

newlife said:

As much as I think it would benefit them, I'd never try to actually push someone into doing shrooms. Your mind has to be ready.

InvisibleShroomyJay
Stranger

Re: Strange dreams due to quitting weed? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #7701548 - 12/01/07 12:45 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
The part about the the channels seems like its referring to your view on the government. you were fed up with the republican party(fox) and upset that your friends and family are completely careless to the fact of what the government is getting away with, no one is taking action. We are all mindless drones spending our life sitting in front of the tube watching events unfold The part about changing the channel to CNN a more liberal channel showed your desire for a more democratic government and how you wish it would change.:shrug:

Yeah, except I don't really think of CNN as all that liberal, and those two friends in particular are by far the most liberal people I know (which is why they'd never watch Fox News in real life).

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#7701562 - 12/01/07 12:51 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

the friends might represent friends and family as a whole not necessarily those exact people. Just a guess. The only person that can figure this one out is you. Perhaps try free association.

--------------------

Offlinenewlife
Raging Anamorphist
Male

#7701567 - 12/01/07 12:53 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomyJay said:
Quote:

newlife said:

As much as I think it would benefit them, I'd never try to actually push someone into doing shrooms. Your mind has to be ready.

100% true

OfflineCMACD
The Sto)))ve
Male User Gallery

Loc: too scared Flag
    #7701624 - 12/01/07 01:36 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Isn't it because going to bed stoned on marijuana skips (or masks/something) your R.E.M. sleep? Making it impossible to have/remember dreams? Thought I heard that somewhere.

--------------------

Offlinebhamlaxy
Shroomerite
Female

Loc: Nevada
    #7701630 - 12/01/07 01:38 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

How odd, I haven't smoked in the past 5 days, after nearly a half year long daily habit, and I've been having really fucked up dreams. This is interesting because I've probably been able to remember more dreams in the past 5 days then in the past 5 months.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Strange dreams due to quitting weed? [Re: CMACD]
    #7701649 - 12/01/07 01:50 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i don't know the whole reason but I'm sure for marijuana it partially has to do with the drugs effects on short term memory. I bet the same reason quitting cigs increases dream recall has a roll in it as well.

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Strange dreams due to quitting weed? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #7703185 - 12/01/07 03:32 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

regular pot smoking seems to inhibit REM stage of sleep(rapid eye movement) which is associated with dreamstate...
drying out for a week or three will mos def boost yr dreams...
(ummm, my probation period (this summer, yep) was just filled with weird & vivid dreams for the first couple weeks for sure...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlineapfrommsp
Just a box ofrain

Re: Strange dreams due to quitting weed? [Re: gnrm23]
    #7703198 - 12/01/07 03:36 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I have not smoked in about 2 months due to probation, and my dreams have been insane....and mostly very sexual. I dont know why but all of my dreams seem to end up with me boning some girl. Therefore I think my sex drive has increased since I quit smoking.... damn it I wanna start again.

--------------------
"It's a joke. Greed and the desire to take drugs are two separate things. If you want to separate the two, the thing you do is make drugs legal. Accept the reality that people do want to change their consciousness, and make an effort to make safer, healthier drugs."

Offlineastralflower
THE WOOD NYMPH
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Strange dreams due to quitting weed? [Re: apfrommsp]
    #7703547 - 12/01/07 05:06 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

THC increases natural Melatonin production by 3000x times so you pineal can get very tired if you are constantly squeezing out all the magick juice, use a vaporizer 98% of the time and take 1000 to 3000 mg of Melatonin when you goto sleep every night to reproduce the good stuff. We wouldnt be here if it was for Melatonin, so dont abuse it!

Many supplemental melatonin users have reported an increase in the vividness or frequency of dreams. Extremely high doses of melatonin (50mg) dramatically increased REM sleep time and dream activity in both narcoleptics and those without narcolepsy.

Many psychoactive drugs, such as DMT, LSD and THC increase melatonin synthesis. It has been suggested that nonpolar (lipid-soluble) indolic hallucinogenic drugs emulate melatonin activity in the awakened state and that both act on the same areas of the brain.

It has been suggested that psychotropic drugs be readmitted in the field of scientific inquiry and therapy.[32] If so, melatonin may be prioritized for research in this reemerging field of psychiatry.

Melatonin, 5-methoxy-N-acetyltryptamine, is a hormone found in all living creatures from algae[1] to humans, at levels that vary in a diurnal cycle.

Many biological effects of melatonin are produced through activation of melatonin receptors,[2] while others are due to its role as a pervasive and extremely powerful antioxidant[3] with a particular role in the protection of nuclear and mitochondrial DNA.[4]

Melatonin was released into the general health supplement market in the United States in 1993, and met with good consumer acceptance and enthusiasm.[5] However, it was banned for over-the-counter sales in many other countries, including the members of the European Union, Australia, and New Zealand.[6]

Many supplemental melatonin users have reported an increase in the vividness or frequency of dreams. Extremely high doses of melatonin (50mg) dramatically increased REM sleep time and dream activity in both narcoleptics and those without narcolepsy.[31]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds