Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblekybish

Loc: Loc: Loc: Loc:
LSD and the stream of thoughts
    #7697386 - 11/30/07 12:46 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

While on acid, I noticed a very prominent mind-fuck. The mind-fuck I'm talking about is what I like to call "a stream of thoughts."

The deeper into the trip I got, the harder it became to clear my mind, until I eventually reached a point where I literally could not stop thinking.

To tell you the truth, it was extremely uncomfortable. I eventually wound up in a bad head space, and could not escape my own thoughts. This is why I think it would be a lot better to trip while in the presence of something that could grab my attention, and force my thoughts along a certain path; perhaps a concert, or something of the likes.

I will not give up on acid because of my bad experience, but I feel I need advice before I carry on.

Is this stream of thoughts common to all acid experiences?

Can you eventually control your thoughts, and empty your mind, or do you eventually become comfortable with the stream of thoughts?

What are some of the ways you've brought yourself out of a bad thought loop?
Its hard to explain what I mean by a thought loop, but I'm hoping those who've experienced it know exactly what I'm talking about. A bad thought loop begins with, well, a bad thought. Eventually you find something else to think about, but then you think to yourself, "I'm glad I stopped thinking about (bad thought)," immediately followed by, "OH FUCK, FUCK, NO, I'M THINKING ABOUT IT AGAIN, FUCK, AH!"

Do any other psychedelics, various RC's perhaps, produce this effect?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD and the stream of thoughts [Re: kybish]
    #7697439 - 11/30/07 01:05 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

all you can do is dance with it.

your thoughts wont kill you anyway.

Offlinemarz13
Unseen
Male User Gallery

Loc: Arizona
    #7697459 - 11/30/07 01:17 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

LSD is a gift I never will take for-granted. Remind your self "reality". Don't lose it. Like your pet fish or kitty kitty. They are not tripping. Its not good to leave the body early. Keep focused on this time right now. Minds tend to wander. They will wander away if you let them.

Edited by marz13 (11/30/07 01:26 AM)

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
    #7697462 - 11/30/07 01:20 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kybish said:
While on acid, I noticed a very prominent mind-fuck. The mind-fuck I'm talking about is what I like to call "a stream of thoughts."

The deeper into the trip I got, the harder it became to clear my mind, until I eventually reached a point where I literally could not stop thinking.

To tell you the truth, it was extremely uncomfortable. I eventually wound up in a bad head space, and could not escape my own thoughts. This is why I think it would be a lot better to trip while in the presence of something that could grab my attention, and force my thoughts along a certain path; perhaps a concert, or something of the likes.

I will not give up on acid because of my bad experience, but I feel I need advice before I carry on.

Is this stream of thoughts common to all acid experiences?

Can you eventually control your thoughts, and empty your mind, or do you eventually become comfortable with the stream of thoughts?

What are some of the ways you've brought yourself out of a bad thought loop?
Its hard to explain what I mean by a thought loop, but I'm hoping those who've experienced it know exactly what I'm talking about. A bad thought loop begins with, well, a bad thought. Eventually you find something else to think about, but then you think to yourself, "I'm glad I stopped thinking about (bad thought)," immediately followed by, "OH FUCK, FUCK, NO, I'M THINKING ABOUT IT AGAIN, FUCK, AH!"

Do any other psychedelics, various RC's perhaps, produce this effect?

I think I know what you are saying, only 1 trip for me though... but I did notice how I got to a point in the night where i was alone and just kinda getting into loopy thoughts... I agree with the "im glad I stopped thinking about it... then saying of fuck now I just mentioned it and am thinking about it again..." On and on it went, it was for the last 2hrs of so of the night, I got to thinking about a stomach discomtort (probably mostly hunger cause I dont eat much anyway, then becuase of nerves (excited, not necessarily fear) I didnt eat much during the experience).

To me it seems like a bit of an obsessive compulsive thing, trying to micromanage all your thoughts and shit... I dunno.

Oh well, still worth it, and its not impossible to let it flow anyway :laugh:

OfflineDreamSignals
Morphogenetic Truth

Loc: the void
Re: LSD and the stream of thoughts [Re: andrewss]
    #7697480 - 11/30/07 01:33 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Few remedies:

]-Meditation
-Yoga

-Music (making/listening)
-Movies
-Dancing
-Painting/Art

--------------------

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. (93)
Love is the law, love under will. (93 93/93)

Offlinedoitagain
He-Bro
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Milk and Honey
    #7697488 - 11/30/07 01:40 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

don't fear the stream of thoughts, but in the case of psychadelics and can be more like a maelstrom of thoughs. put on some music, primus, tool, jefferson airplane or anything with some psychadelic energy and just give in to the undertow. let the thoughts envelop you, don't fight them.

--------------------
now i hear the police comin after me

OfflineMokshaIs
everywhereeverpresent

Re: LSD and the stream of thoughts [Re: doitagain]
    #7697503 - 11/30/07 02:02 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Read the book the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle and practice his teachings both while sober and tripping. They are extremely powerful and allow you to still the mind. Quieting the mind sure is darn dandy and is very necessary in the spiritually depleted west if we wish to reach the collective awakening. If those thoughts come again try "being in the body". Feel your body from the inside out. Be as a tree firmly rooted within yourself. This will take energy away from the mind and into pure consciousness, into direct experience.

--------------------
in all of Infinite
there is but One
and it is nOne
ever and always
in every and all ways

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#7697593 - 11/30/07 03:48 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

everything lasts longer before fading
this makes everything richer thicker and more resonant.
any thought that begins can last longer too, and the tail of a thought stream can easily feed back to it's origination.

so you need to be very gentle with your reactions to stuff
control is not an issue.
navigation to genter space makes some sense.
watching what happens makes sense.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
    #7697761 - 11/30/07 07:06 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'll add my advice on top of everyone else's.

The thought loops (we ALL know exactly what you mean by that) only seem scary. They can drag you off to strange places, but once you are used to how they work, you can avoid things like that pretty easily (sometimes not, of course).

I tend to see my thoughts as growing organic structures when I am tripping, and it fascinates me. Logic leads one idea to another in the very same manner a tree grows its branches, only on hallucinogens all the thoughts seem to happen at once, giving you the whole branch until you get lost going up and down it.

This is one of the most ancient contexts for viewing the workings of the spiritual world, as a great tree you are climbing with your thoughts.

So when I get lost in a thought loop, I just turn around and find the thought that lead to that, and then the thought that lead to that one, until I am at a base of thought potentia. Doesn't always work, but if you have a strong will it can.

Also, don't forget about the power of music, sometimes it is all you can use to deal with whatever mental predicament you have again found yourself in. If you play music, this almost always seems to take me out of a bad space, but listening to something good can have an equal effect.

Also, acid's kind of harsh on the bad trip side. A bad trip on mushrooms is something that with the heightened perception of the psilocybin, you can easily see how you had it coming, and how it won't happen again like that.

I have had bad trips on both, and while I have several times seriously questioned whether I would ever take LSD again, this thought never entered my mind about mushrooms.

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: LSD and the stream of thoughts [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #7697825 - 11/30/07 07:42 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

the best advice i saw was dance with them...

they don't go away, but you have a voice of your own, and it won't overpower the thoughts, but you each take turns getting your say and taking up an appropriate amount of mind space.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

Re: LSD and the stream of thoughts [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7698065 - 11/30/07 09:18 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Ive had that happen for sure. My super thought patterns include just thinking about all the stuff thats coming up and how busy I will be and then my future and how crazy getting a career will be and working for the rest of my life. This makes me actually have to get up and walk around and do things because I am thinking so much my body moves.

--------------------
Im Not Living, Im Just Killing Time

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD and the stream of thoughts [Re: F1234K]
    #7698092 - 11/30/07 09:28 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, i can't stay still while tripping. like literally can't stay still.

--------------------

Invisiblekybish

Loc: Loc: Loc: Loc:
    #7698282 - 11/30/07 10:28 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Everyone's advice is more then I could've asked for.

Thank you everyone, you've reinvigorated my interest in LSD.

OfflineAopocetx
Writer
Male

#7698378 - 11/30/07 11:04 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kybish said:
The mind-fuck I'm talking about is what I like to call "a stream of thoughts."

I had the same thing you're talking about at one point. This is what I did to stop it. I simply sat down and cleared my mind as if I was going to meditate. Just stop thinking. Ever since then, my mind has been clear during acid trips, and this even transferred into my sober life as I don't find myself thinking about stupid shit as much.

--------------------

---------> Acacia confusa trip report <--------

############ DPT HCL trip report with Q&A ###########

Follow my psychedelic instagram @psychedelicpage

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: LSD and the stream of thoughts [Re: Aopocetx]
    #7698880 - 11/30/07 01:06 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

"Relax, turn off your mind gently float downstream"

My experiences with acid have not been very thought orientated, however you can think of these thoughts as just the streams and eddies of a river that keeps flowing endlessly. That's just what the mind does, so you don't need to get involved in it. If you can just relax and step back then your awareness will expand outward into the non-conceptual space which is usually more rewarding. You are not your thoughts, nor is your existence dependent upon them. Thoughts are so transient and constantly changing, how can you really identify with them? Next time, take a look and see if this is true.

Stuff just bubbles up with psychedelics, but nothing kills you. They are just thoughts and constantly changing. The deeper levels are motionless and still.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: LSD and the stream of thoughts [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #7699099 - 11/30/07 01:44 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Just watch the weather change.

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD and the stream of thoughts [Re: andrewss]
    #7699302 - 11/30/07 02:26 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

hahahaha, don't just relax, follow the threads of thought at a faster than light speed!!!!
ightn
upload no work, ill rapidshare tonight

or
if you can't wait go here and type in squarepusher, should be first thing you see

http://songza.com/

--------------------

OfflineAgave
Stranger

#7705446 - 12/02/07 03:31 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

The classic "relax and float downstream" comes to mind.

OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

Re: LSD and the stream of thoughts [Re: Agave]
    #7705499 - 12/02/07 03:45 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.
It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out.
It doesn't matter much to me.

:smile:

--------------------
Im Not Living, Im Just Killing Time

OfflineTheEric
Stranger

Re: LSD and the stream of thoughts [Re: F1234K]
    #7706365 - 12/02/07 12:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

usually when i get caught one some ridiculous flow of thought and i dont like whats going on in my mind, ill retrace my thought to see how i got to thinking about whatever im thinking about and through that i somehow understand why i didnt like whatever i was thinking about but now dont mind cause i know where it came from. if that makes any sense

another thing to do is like everyone said, just run with it and enjoy the fact that you are alive and your mind is running the way it is

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies