Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Mitts supporters caught on tape stuffing the ballots at St. Petes GOP Straw Poll.
    #7696279 - 11/29/07 06:35 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Busted. I told you guys about this happening in my other thread. Watch this Romney supporter use a stack of voting cards to keep voting and stuff the ballot.

Though Ron Paul supporters dominated the Straw poll event by 10 -1, Romney won the straw Poll and you can see why and how. Paul came in second.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Mitts supporters caught on tape stuffing the ballots at St. Petes GOP Straw Poll. [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #7696309 - 11/29/07 06:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i don't understand what was going on there?

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Mitts supporters caught on tape stuffing the ballots at St. Petes GOP Straw Poll. [Re: Syle]
    #7696400 - 11/29/07 06:58 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It was a GOP Straw Poll event, before the youtube debate yesterday. Tickets were $20 a piece. You had to have a ticket to vote.

When you gave them your ticket, they gave you one voting card. You put that in the machine to vote and then returned it to one of the poll workers.

In the video you can see that poll worker was giving a stack of cards to a guy with a Romney button on. You can see him, sticking in card after card, making vote after vote.

Early in the day, when Mitt started to see the Ron Paul invasion swarm in, he got panicky and bought up hundreds of tickets, and at his table was giving them out to whatever Mitt supporter was there in stacks of 50. Those people stuffed the ballot for him to make sure he would win it.

Ron Paul supporters far out numbered Mitt supporters.

It was such a joke, when Mitts sons got on stage to do a speech from him, the RP supporters were chanting Ron Paul so loud, they gave up and just left. There were hundreds of us there and about 15 Mitt supporters.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Mitts supporters caught on tape stuffing the ballots at St. Petes GOP Straw Poll. [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #7697394 - 11/30/07 12:48 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f10/PhotoJedi/?action=view&current=MVI_3905.flv

This guy is confronted with doing it in this video bwhahahahaha

This is a perfect example of how the "elites" buy false realities that they later spoon feed to us as the gospel truth.

It's BS.

Anyone who sees that Romney won that one, will think it was because, he had the strongest supporter turn out at that event. That is FAR from the truth.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7697624 - 11/30/07 04:34 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, this is going to play out nicely.

> Early in the day, when Mitt started to see the Ron Paul invasion swarm in, he got panicky and bought up hundreds of tickets

Was this literally done by Mitt, or was it one of his workers? Either way, why would he panic about Ron Paul support? CNN made it pretty clear that Ron Paul is a nobody, and all the conservative blog sites claim straw polls are meaningless, thus I don't understand the worry from the Romney campaign about Ron Paul at a straw poll.

Wow... the more I think about it, the more this could be a campaign killer. The only out I see is if Romney wasn't involved and can distance himself from a rogue campaign worker. Otherwise, this event can be used to show a complete, lack of regard for the democratic process. If you are willing to buy votes at a straw poll, even if it is allowed, what else are you willing to sell for a vote. When people start to question a candidates ethics, and have proof of wrong doing, it is usually a quick downhill run.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineRosettaStoned
Stranger

Loc: North America
Re: Mitts supporters caught on tape stuffing the ballots at St. Petes GOP Straw Poll. [Re: Seuss]
    #7697692 - 11/30/07 06:12 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

In a society with an independent media, I would agree with you wholeheartedly. But in this silly world where the winners and front runners are "anointed" by the media, it isn't going to happen. Romney or the Ghoul could buy as many straw poll votes at every straw poll they wanted and a peep of condemnation will never be uttered in the press.

The only way you can "kill a campaign" is to have a scandal the owners of the networks are willing to run with. If they decide to downplay it or avoid it altogether, it will remain knowledge only for those smart enough to investigate on our own.

--------------------
"Government big enough to provide you with all you need is also big enough to take everything you have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Without stupid, faggy potheads we wouldn't have wars." - Zappa

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mitts supporters caught on tape stuffing the ballots at St. Petes GOP Straw Poll. [Re: RosettaStoned]
    #7697701 - 11/30/07 06:22 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

> But in this silly world where the winners and front runners are "anointed" by the media, it isn't going to happen.

In this case, it isn't the media, but the other candidates that are going to destroy him with it. Anytime Romney starts to talk about something positive, his opponent can point out the ballot stuffing at the straw poll to change the subject. Unless he can distance himself from the event, blaming a worker, he is very screwed (I suspect).

--------------------

OfflineRosettaStoned
Stranger

Re: Mitts supporters caught on tape stuffing the ballots at St. Petes GOP Straw Poll. [Re: Seuss]
    #7697710 - 11/30/07 06:29 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

So who is going to bring it up against him? Ron Paul who gets 5mins of talk time in 2 hrs? How many actually watch the debates compared to how many get a summery the next morning from their fav morning news program? I just don't see it getting enough exposure to make a difference. If it isn't a sex scandal the network heads don't give a fuck.

--------------------
"Government big enough to provide you with all you need is also big enough to take everything you have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mitts supporters caught on tape stuffing the ballots at St. Petes GOP Straw Poll. [Re: RosettaStoned]
    #7697753 - 11/30/07 07:01 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

> So who is going to bring it up against him?

The same person that brought up the illegals working for Romney's contractors while Governor.

--------------------

OfflineRosettaStoned
Stranger

#7697959 - 11/30/07 08:35 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

We'll see if he brings it up. I highly doubt it as I'm sure the Ghoul does the exact same thing.

--------------------

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
    #7697998 - 11/30/07 08:54 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'm excited to see how the official results are in the NH and Iowa primaries.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: Mitts supporters caught on tape stuffing the ballots at St. Petes GOP Straw Poll. [Re: BrAiN]
    #7698082 - 11/30/07 09:26 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think the biggest bullshit answer by romney during the last debate was when the question came up about what he was going to do about increased BLACK ON BLACK crime?

He was like"well.. we need more "moms and dads". WTF kind of answer is that. Well duh. What are yuo planning to do, Mitt? Are you going to pass a law saying that couples HAVE TO stay together or that a man HAS TO GET MARRIED once he has a baby? Drr.

Guliani and Mitt seem to have these precanned answers all planned and when any kind of question is sort of in the ballpark of their rehearsed question, they'l just fire off the exact same answer they had reheared. They don't answer the damn questions they just have this tiny list of programmed responses in their head, find out which question is the closest and just repeat their programmed answer.. even if it doesn't answer the damn question. This is why Mitt and Rudy just keep repeating the same 4 or 5 answers all night to completely DIFFERENT QUESTIONS.

It's like they're aren't able to THINK on the spot. They figure out which of the few questions they've trained themselves to answer is like the actual question and just repeat that answer over and over.

And America EATS IT UP. If you can't answer a simple damn question on the fly then why should we trust you to be a president?

Q: You had a sanctuary city? How do you respond:

Rudy: We allowed illegals to report crimes and receive urgent care.

Q: Would you build a border to cut off MExico? Yes or No? Just one word answer, please.

Rudy: We allowed illegals to report crimes and receive urgent care.

Q: What's your favorite color:

Rudy: Immigration! Report crime! health care.. uhh...

Q: How old are you.

Rudy: Crime.. uh../. 9/11... burritos... DOES NOT COMPUTE! (BOOOOOM)... *HEAD EXPLODES***

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: Mitts supporters caught on tape stuffing the ballots at St. Petes GOP Straw Poll. [Re: BrAiN]
    #7698099 - 11/30/07 09:31 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Q: Do you believe every word in the bible?

Mitt: Do I believe the bible is the word of God? Yes.

Q: No Mitt, the question was do you believe that every word in the bible is true?

Mitt: Do I believe the bible is the word of God? Yes I believe that?

Q: No Mitt.. the question is.. do you believe that every word in the bible is true.. literally?

Mitt: Do I believe the bible is the WORD OF GOD? Yes I belive the bible is the word of God.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #7698206 - 11/30/07 10:00 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

this debate had me LOL all over the place. couldn't control myself. it reminds me alot of the debates they'd have in high school for student council.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

#7698622 - 11/30/07 11:58 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

He was like"well.. we need more "moms and dads". WTF kind of answer is that. Well duh. What are yuo planning to do, Mitt? Are you going to pass a law saying that couples HAVE TO stay together or that a man HAS TO GET MARRIED once he has a baby? Drr.

it's a bullshit question to begin with. i mean, what would you really expect a president to do?! come on...the problem is within the hands of those fathers and mothers who create such horrible family atmospheres to begin with, just like Mitt stated. a president can only do so much.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Re: Mitts supporters caught on tape stuffing the ballots at St. Petes GOP Straw Poll. [Re: tak]
    #7698625 - 11/30/07 11:59 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

root-ninja-tak said:
this debate had me LOL all over the place. couldn't control myself. it reminds me alot of the debates they'd have in high school for student council.

i hope you LOL'd just as hard at the democratic debate, otherwise i am going to have to call you a close minded hypocrite.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#7698771 - 11/30/07 12:41 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RosettaStoned said: Romney or the Ghoul could buy as many straw poll votes at every straw poll they wanted and a peep of condemnation will never be uttered in the press.

Not that this is a National paper, by 2:00 A.M. the next day, it made the St. Petes Time on-line edition.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/29/Worldandnation/St_Petersburg_straw_p.shtml

Quote:

ST. PETERSBURG -- Mitt Romney bought himself a victory in the straw poll for Republicans at a rain-shortened barbecue in Vinoy Park.

Paul supporters have been sending that link and videos of it ( there are more) to Drudge hoping he'll report it in the Drudge Report.

GOP Straw polls are suppose to show a campaigns organizational abilities and support.

We had that hands down there, no contest and yet, will get no credit for it to anyone who just sees the results of the straw poll who was not there.

In the article, it says we had people bussed in, as if they came from way out of the area. Those small buses and trolleys were used to take RP supporters around all of the days 4 event venues- Unity Rally and Unity Straw Poll ( Paul won that by a landslide) at Pioneer Park- we had booths there and sign waves and signage galore, The Vinoy Park GOP straw poll, The Mahaffey Debate Theater and the Palladium theater where the debate was televised for RP supporters who couldn't get tickets in because they were "sold out" The debate theater was half empty as it turned out. And Paul gave a post debate speech at the Palladium. You had to buy a $10 ticket to use the buses/trolleys decked out in Ron Paul and get into the Palladium. That's what they were for.

Talk about organized and a show of support. It was incredible!

Yes Seuss, Mitt was there early with his sons setting up there Table. he panicked because he wanted to win the Straw Poll and knew it wasn't going to happen legitimately. He was buying stacks of tickets and then left. His sons were handing them out from the back of their truck, by the stacks per person to Mitt people through the rest of the day.

Candidates like Mitt, some of his supporters and the Local GOP, don't seem to care about what's real, true or honest. Mitt just cares about winning at any cost to his personal fortune of 230 plus million, and the greedy local GOP just cared about taking in the biggest cash haul they could from the event, not about which campaign Honestly showed the best organization and support.

Another RP supporter confronted a Mitt multiple voter about it and asked why they thought it was okay to do and she said to him, "That's how Politics works"

Even though it was just a straw poll event, this menatality taken to national elections is scary.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: Mitts supporters caught on tape stuffing the ballots at St. Petes GOP Straw Poll. [Re: Syle]
    #7698783 - 11/30/07 12:44 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
Quote:

it's a bullshit question to begin with. i mean, what would you really expect a president to do?! come on...the problem is within the hands of those fathers and mothers who create such horrible family atmospheres to begin with, just like Mitt stated. a president can only do so much.

I agree. The Q was bullshit. He just have just thrown down in response to that ebonic ass Q and been like

"WHAT AM *I* GONNA DO? HOW BOUT U NIGGAZ JUST STOP KILLIN EACH OTHER, MUTHAFUCKA??? HOW BOUT THAT?? MAYBE IF YOU TAUGHT YOUR KID TO *ASK* QUESTIONS INSTEAD OF *AXING* QUESTIONS HE'D GET PAST THE DAMN INTERVIEW AND GET A DAMN JOB AND GET OFF THE STREET".

The second I hear a president finally stand up and say that, I'll vote for him.

I isn't the president's repsonsibility to be gettin' all up in local police work. All he can do is add a little more funding to the state/local police. Atlanta has a problem? Let the mayor of governer deal with it.

You wanna know what I think? I think..

***BILL COSBY FOR PRESIDENT! That's what I say!***

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#7698785 - 11/30/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
Quote:

root-ninja-tak said:

i hope you LOL'd just as hard at the democratic debate, otherwise i am going to have to call you a close minded hypocrite.

They were the funniest when Mike Gravel was allowed in them. I use to like to watch their debates because of him calling the front runners out on shananigans.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #7701069 - 11/30/07 10:14 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:

These were unbiased LOL's.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale