Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineresptodd
I reject yourreality andsubstitute myown
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Re: Dry ice to pasteurize? [Re: acommunistspy]
    #7695783 - 11/29/07 05:24 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know, I was just trying an alternative method of pasteurizing that an old friend told me about. Fraggin, I believe you about using untreated Hpoo and it working. But what are the odds? 10%?, 50%? I do not have any CC to mess around with, nor do I even want to, I choose Hpoo over CC any day and I have plenty of it. Would using untreated Hpoo ever be a tek? Or would dry ice past. be something people would be willing to use? I think if dry ice past. works it could be a legitimate tek. I inoc'd a pan of composted Hpoo I "dry ice past." today, I'll get back in a week about it. I would still like to hear peoples opinions and ideas concerning this.

--------------------
Damn! I'm having fun! Just keep the GD monkeys away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDiabloSmurf
Shake it.. Shakeit.. sugaree!
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: Dry ice to pasteurize? [Re: acommunistspy]
    #7695866 - 11/29/07 05:37 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

This is a very interesting thread,I'm definitely anxious to see what happens.. But i do think doing this experiment with other substrates would be even better.

Offlineresptodd
Male User Gallery

Re: Dry ice to pasteurize? [Re: DiabloSmurf]
    #7695873 - 11/29/07 05:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Does anyone else have the means to try this on other substrates?

--------------------

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: Dry ice to pasteurize? [Re: resptodd]
    #7698571 - 11/30/07 11:50 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

resptodd said:
I don't know, I was just trying an alternative method of pasteurizing that an old friend told me about. Fraggin, I believe you about using untreated Hpoo and it working. But what are the odds? 10%?, 50%? I do not have any CC to mess around with, nor do I even want to, I choose Hpoo over CC any day and I have plenty of it. Would using untreated Hpoo ever be a tek? Or would dry ice past. be something people would be willing to use? I think if dry ice past. works it could be a legitimate tek. I inoc'd a pan of composted Hpoo I "dry ice past." today, I'll get back in a week about it. I would still like to hear peoples opinions and ideas concerning this.

I wasn't intentionally trying to be negative. I could have worded it where it sounded like "For dry ice pasturization, your probability of success will be highest with Hpoo."

If you are successful with hpoo, document your procedure and results and do a couple more experiments and then try a different substrate type.

I also doubt using un-pasturized hpoo will ever be a tek, unless it's an outdoor hpoo tek. I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone myself. I

Offlineresptodd
Male User Gallery

Re: Dry ice to pasteurize? [Re: Fraggin]
    #7712607 - 12/03/07 07:48 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It's been 3 days since I "dry ice pasteurized a Hpoo pan and noc'd it up. Today I still have no contams and do have myc growth(very strong myc growth). Still looking for someone who would be willing to dry ice a pan of CC substrate and see how it goes, just for the sake of experimenting.

--------------------

Offlineresptodd
Male User Gallery

Re: Dry ice to pasteurize? [Re: resptodd]
    #7722375 - 12/05/07 10:55 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Day five. Myc has rhyzomes branching out all over. Still no contams. Someone stated composted Hpoo may not be the best substrate to try dry ice pasteurization on because of it's ability to fend off contams. This is straight up composted Hpoo, I have seen some cottonball mold growth here and there within the compost itself in the tub I'm using to compost in, but still no contams in the pan I dry ice past.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate