Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
last night's republican debate
    #7693859 - 11/29/07 07:26 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Was the first time I've ever watched a primary debate for more than a minute... only because I wanted to see what Ron Paul had to say.

I need some toilet paper because all I heard was a buncf of diharrea being spewed out of people's mouths.

I thought the Democrats were the ones that were the masters of dodging questions and hearing only what they wanted to hear. THere was a point last night where I just busted out laughing because it looked like Mitt Romney and Guliani had cotton in their ears. They didn't answer a god damn question directly.

The people who asked the youtube questions were in the audience and many were asked (in the middle of the debate) if they felt the candidates had answered their questions. Not a single one was satisfied, except for maybe when Fred Thompson spoke. I hate Thompson but I gotta say.. the man at least can answer a fucking question and be honest without any fear of offending anyone. The man just doesn't give a fuUUuUUck.

As much as I love Ron Paul and hope he wins, for those of you who think he has a chance, last night just demonstrated how much you all are living in a dream world. They barely gave him ANY time to talk at all. As long as people aren't going to hear what Paul has to say there's no way a bunch of redneck ass republicans are going to vote for him.

He sparred a little with Mccain last night, but if you're not out for a massive pissing contest every night, there's no way you're going to be president.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: BrAiN]
    #7694118 - 11/29/07 09:22 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:

As much as I love Ron Paul and hope he wins, for those of you who think he has a chance, last night just demonstrated how much you all are living in a dream world. They barely gave him ANY time to talk at all. As long as people aren't going to hear what Paul has to say there's no way a bunch of redneck ass republicans are going to vote for him.

He sparred a little with Mccain last night, but if you're not out for a massive pissing contest every night, there's no way you're going to be president.

Spoken just like a person who sees only what the MSM wants them to see.:nonono:

Get out there where the action is happening! From everything I have seen, Paul supporters are going to dominate the turn out in the primaries.

It was like Paul said in the speech I posted in my debate day report-

"They don't know your out there yet."

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #7694144 - 11/29/07 09:31 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

No .. spoken like a person who knows that MOST of the country goes bywhat the MSM only wants them to see.

SO when Ron Paul doesnt get elected I can laugh at you all and go HA HA and you won't mind?

Don't blame me for telling the truth.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7694147 - 11/29/07 09:32 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

As much as I love Ron Paul and hope he wins, for those of you who think he has a chance, last night just demonstrated how much you all are living in a dream world.

I came away with the exact same impression.

Quote:

Spoken just like a person who sees only what the MSM wants them to see.:nonono:

Paul got maybe five minutes of air time, and one of the questions they asked him was along the lines of "Everybody knows you are unelectable, so why are you here?  Are you going to run as an Independent?" (paraphrased)

Nothing against Paul; for those of us that saw all the candidates together for the first time, CNN did an excellent job of marginalizing Paul and Tancredo.

Based upon what CNN presented, BrAiN's observations (that I quoted above) are completely accurate.  Imagine what the majority of people came away with, regarding Paul, that knew nothing about him.  Not much, unless they happened to catch his 30-second commercial (which was the best one, unfortunately buried at the end of the "debate").

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: last night's republican debate [Re: Seuss]
    #7694221 - 11/29/07 09:57 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

For those of us who have watched every single minute of every republican debate, that happens every time, and yet Paul's growth is exponential.

There is more happening out there promoting Paul and his message then just what the MSM shows.

Meet up groups are out there daily across the nation promoting Paul through a variety of activities and media means, there are over 40,000 videos promoting Paul and his message on the internet. Paul is reaching voters and gaining exponential growth, through his supporters activities which are making up for the lack of coverage by the media.

You should catch the buzz this morning at the Ron Paul forums after that debate ( over 4,000 active members)

They are more fired up then ever after that marginalizing debate to donate More and do even MORE!

Reports are coming in that after the debate last night, new members are signing up to meet up groups in droves and inactive members are now signing up for meet up events because the debate marginalization of Paul, finally pissed them off enough to get out there and do something about it.

This is weird to me how some of you Paul supporters here watched the debate and became discouraged and yet others elsewhere got FIRED UP to take down Goliath, and are further encouraged.

I organized a sign waving on Black Friday outside of a Sarasota mall to catch the x-mass shoppers.

We had over 100 signs at all of the entrances into the mall and lining the streets to the mall. There were about 25 of us. We were waving signs, passing out literature and DVDs, had people pulling over to buy RP T-shirts and asking about Paul, and easily received over 100 honks and shout outs of "he's got my vote", for RP from cars driving by and we exposed Paul to at least 10,000 cars on that day.

This type of activity is happening all over the nation every weekend.

As it has been said, " The rEVOLution, will not be televised."

The MSM coverage is what is a diluted (dilusional)version of the REALITY brewing out there.

Do not forget that he will probably have a better fund raising quarter then any other Republican, his polling numbers are consitantly on the rise, and that is just with registered Republicans who voted in the last primaries.

The new first time voter registries, those who recently converted from DEM, Independent and 3rd parties are not be reflected in the "scientific polls"

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
    #7694238 - 11/29/07 10:04 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Ron Paul has the most active supports, I'll give you that. They're some of the most passionate people out there.

But I just don't have a lot of faith in AMerica. We're a country of lazy idiots that fear TOO much change.

Unfortunately, passionate people are a minotiry in America.

Personally I think he'll put up a hell of a fight and his numbers in the POLLS WILL increase. I see a lot of small tier candidates dropping out of the race way before him. Hell.. in the end I see it all between him, Romney, and Gulini. I'd bet Mccain would even conceed even before Paul does. If PAUL is the nominee for the republicans going up against a democrat he would win, but that's the problem. HE HAS TO GET THE NOMINATION FIRST. If it were up to the entire population to pick the republican candidate, Paul would get it... but in the end you're asking CONSERVATIVES to pick a candidate to represent them.

True, he'd probably be the ONE candidate that could easily beat Hillary (or Obama), but there's no way the republicans will pick a candidate that doesnt't wanna KILL ALL DA BROWN PPLZ.

This is why I think Guliani will take the entire race.

Because the Republicans recognize that they need to lure democrats into voting republican NOW MORE THAN EVER after all the damage Bush has done to the image of the republican party. Paul and Guliani are the only people who can take enough votes away from the democrats to win it all next November because they're the two republicans that seem to make the most comprimises on what are generally seen as the conservative values of today.

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #7694320 - 11/29/07 10:32 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I came away from last night's debates feeling pretty similar as to how I felt after the most recent Dem debates...that America is at least 5 years away from a decent presidential candidate that has a shot at winning.

Both parties have are appeasing, centrist, corrupt, and overly bureacratic. The same tired issues get flogged over and over that neither party can do anything about. Republicans are not going to solve the illegal immigration crisis. Democrats are not going to get us out of Iraq any sooner. I get the overall impression that the status quo is going to be maintained. Both parties will continue to tax the beejeeezus out of us, no big rules will get changed, no progress will be made. Just four more years of crap. I can only pray that whoever gets elected won't get us involved in another war.

Both Kuccinich and Paul are radical enough for me to believe that they would manage to break the mould and get the country going in a new direction, but I am 100% certain Kuccinich will not be on the ticket and 80% certain that Ron Paul will not be on the ticket.

Rudy vs. Hillary. BARF.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #7694382 - 11/29/07 10:55 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
As much as I love Ron Paul and hope he wins, for those of you who think he has a chance, last night just demonstrated how much you all are living in a dream world. They barely gave him ANY time to talk at all.

So what? I can understand that when the only information you have on what is occurring is through the mainstream media, it wouldn't look good. Thing is, what was once standard regarding the media's role in the elections is horribly outdated and false today.

There are other ways through which information is obtained and exchanged. Ron Paul's support doesn't register in the MSM because it is not OF the mainstream media. Clearly, they all recognized it when Ron Paul's supporters worked together to translate the support into something that would register, and the effect that 11/5 had for Ron Paul's recognition in the MSM was substantial - it changed everything.

The MSM can't keep up. How many minutes a candidate is given in a choreographed debate is pretty irrelevant. There is a difference between flying under the radar and a dreamworld. The tools with which the MSM obtains information regarding candidates are clumsy artifacts of an age where the exchange of information was largely centralized.

The support is there. Its flying by night in traditional terms, which would definitely lead those who look through the lens handed to them to question its existence. You're judging too soon. I'd recommend waiting a month, and keep your eye on 12/16, as well. :sherlock:

If you really love Ron Paul and hope he wins, maybe you'd consider donating on 12/16? Or tomorrow? Or even today. :hehehe: Ron Paul's supporters have hope, but they are working within their means to make it happen. :smile:

Quote:

As long as people aren't going to hear what Paul has to say there's no way a bunch of redneck ass republicans are going to vote for him.

He uses the time he does receive in these debates exceptionally well. In fact, wasn't it that first debate, where he challenged Rudy's falsehoods, that really got everything started? You are right in stating "as long as people aren't going to hear what he has to say", but the thing is, they are, and they are loving it, and they are very motivated by it. :headbang:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#7694389 - 11/29/07 10:58 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
No .. spoken like a person who knows that MOST of the country goes bywhat the MSM only wants them to see.

MOST of the country, that goes by what the MSM wants them to see, doesn't participate in the primary elections.

When Ron Paul starts winning and placing very well in these first primaries, that changes everything regarding what the MSM "wants" them to see. I, for one, don't see a conspiracy of what the MSM "wants" people to see - it is only a question of what the MSM sees. :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#7694401 - 11/29/07 11:05 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
I came away with the exact same impression.

I was personally expecting to see him receive more time, especially considering his increase in polls, coupled with the support and recognition he has been receiving in the MSM lately.

I was disappointed, too, but not because it meant that Ron Paul's chances are that of a dreamworld - because I had hoped the MSM would adapt to change quicker. This wasn't the case, but I'm not too disappointed, because they are dinosaurs anyways. :smirk:

Quote:

Imagine what the majority of people came away with, regarding Paul, that knew nothing about him.  Not much, unless they happened to catch his 30-second commercial (which was the best one, unfortunately buried at the end of the "debate").

Is this any different than any other debate he has been in, really? I think too much stock is being put into the worth/relevance of these debates.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#7694417 - 11/29/07 11:11 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Brain, you brought it down to Rudy, Mitt, and Paul in the end.

I've been watching this sucker like a ten eyed Hawk.

Start paying attention to the massive positive PUSH the MSM is giving to Huckabee? Something new is up.

Do you know he overtook the lead in Iowa from Mitt just a few days ago?

Fox is now turning on Rudy too.

Thompson has been dropping like a rock, yet he is leading SC. That is an important primary state.

There is still many more months to go and the Republican race is yet up for grabs the way I see it. The field is slop.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#7694430 - 11/29/07 11:18 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
But I just don't have a lot of faith in AMerica. We're a country of lazy idiots that fear TOO much change.

We're also a country of people who are extremely dissatisfied with not being represented in politics (their own fault, of course :smirk:) and are angry with anything identified as status quo in politics. This is repeatedly reported upon, each time with the statement that this "really makes the elections up for grabs".

Quote:

HE HAS TO GET THE NOMINATION FIRST. If it were up to the entire population to pick the republican candidate, Paul would get it... but in the end you're asking CONSERVATIVES to pick a candidate to represent them.

Indeed, he does have to get the nomination first, and it has to be Republicans that select him. This is fully realized by both the official campaign and the grassroots organization, and I think it is entirely plausible that he will be selected, especially as the strength of his support become well-apparent to all, coupled with the fact that he basically the only conservative running for the Republicans.

Quote:

True, he'd probably be the ONE candidate that could easily beat Hillary (or Obama), but there's no way the republicans will pick a candidate that doesnt't wanna KILL ALL DA BROWN PPLZ.

I think this is an over-simplication of the Republican party and its interests. First and foremost, they want to be elected, and the American people want out of Iraq.

Quote:

This is why I think Guliani will take the entire race.

He's still carrying himself on name recognition, and he's starting to deflate. I'm willing to bet that Ron Paul steals his support more than anyone....

Quote:

Because the Republicans recognize that they need to lure democrats into voting republican NOW MORE THAN EVER after all the damage Bush has done to the image of the republican party. Paul and Guliani are the only people who can take enough votes away from the democrats to win it all next November because they're the two republicans that seem to make the most comprimises on what are generally seen as the conservative values of today.

Yes, but what you are neglecting is the fact that Giuliani is running on nearly all of the same positions that Bush has been pissing off the American people with.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #7694434 - 11/29/07 11:19 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

This is weird to me how some of you Paul supporters here watched the debate and became discouraged and yet others elsewhere got FIRED UP to take down Goliath, and are further encouraged.

For me, I live in another country (as you know) and I don't have a TV, so the majority of my information comes from online sources. This was my first opportunity to see Ron Paul through Zappa's eyes, so to speak. There is a massive disconnect between the hype on the internet and what I saw last night.

Don't misread me... I'm not discouraged... rather, I am shocked at how much distance there is between the front and the back of the pack. I'm not saying that the outcome is set, that Paul is unelectable, or making any predictions at all. However, the hill that I always thought Paul would have to overcome appears to be more mountain sized.

Based upon what I saw last night on CNN, I understand where Zappa is coming from with his "there is no way he can win" standpoint. I'm not claiming right or wrong, simply that I understand why he would make the statement.

A couple thousand people at a rally is not going to win the primary. Paul needs approximately 35000 votes, per state, to win. It can be done, but, I think it is going to be a much more difficult task than I had been imagining, based upon the information I had gathered online.

Quote:

He uses the time he does receive in these debates exceptionally well.

I only have "debate" (not plural) to go off of, but I would give it a 50/50. His first few answers were pretty rough, and one went pretty far off target. Towards the end, he got better. His answer on the conspiracy question was one of the better replies from any candidate in the debate on any question. In the beginning, I felt like he was trying to cram as much into an answer as he could, because he knew he wasn't going to get any time. Had the playing field been equal and CNN given every candidate equal time, I think he would have come off much better than he did. Unfortunately, CNN was busy selling their favorite pairing, Rudy vs Hillary, and had little interest in Paul or Tancredo.

> When Ron Paul starts winning and placing very well in these first primaries

Placing well isn't going to cut it. The cards are stacked against him; he has to win before the media will take him seriously. It sucks, but that is the way it is. (I would love to be wrong on this one!)

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: last night's republican debate [Re: gluke bastid]
    #7694444 - 11/29/07 11:23 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
The same tired issues get flogged over and over that neither party can do anything about.

Are you sure? Other Republican candidates are now talking about eliminating the IRS, for example.

Quote:

I get the overall impression that the status quo is going to be maintained.

From what? The status quo perpetuating itself? Of course it'd look that way from within the status quo, thankfully, even that is changing as Ron Paul acts as a catalyst for change. :smile:

Quote:

Both parties will continue to tax the beejeeezus out of us, no big rules will get changed, no progress will be made. Just four more years of crap. I can only pray that whoever gets elected won't get us involved in another war.

Or you could actually participate and support the one candidate whose very presence creates progress. What have you done to participate?

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #7694467 - 11/29/07 11:30 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

> Start paying attention to the massive positive PUSH the MSM is giving to Huckabee?

Doesn't surprise me. Huckabee is a non-evil Hillary minus the skirt. In other words, Huckabee likes to spend my money to take care of me according to his moral values. However, I think Huckabee's motivation is from a desire to do good where Hillary's motivation comes from the need for power. Both enjoy spending other's money and have no sense of fiscal responsibility.

Fred Thompson was the media's fall back guy should they run into problems with Rudy or Mitt. Unfortunately for Fred, the media discovered that he is about as fun to watch as a rotting corpse. This leaves Huckabee or Hunter, and it is pretty clear which the media has chosen.

--------------------

InvisibleBIGSWANG
oakridge gang, beotch
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Iwishanigga woods
    #7694497 - 11/29/07 11:39 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i think huckabee was great last night, and he will be getting my vote if he wins the republican primary

--------------------
Admin Edit: Your signiture is inappropriate and has been removed.  Do not harass other members in your signiture.  Also refrain from posting links to scat pornography.  If I see anything like that here again, you will be banned.

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Re: last night's republican debate [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7694526 - 11/29/07 11:49 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Other Republican candidates are now talking about eliminating the IRS, for example.

Yeah, and creating a national sales tax. I don't support it. Nor do I think for all their talk will it actually happen.

Quote:

From what? The status quo perpetuating itself? Of course it'd look that way from within the status quo, thankfully, even that is changing as Ron Paul acts as a catalyst for change. :smile:

Did you read my post? I agree that both RP and Kuccinich are radical enough to believe that they would make some pretty big changes. But I don't think either one is going to be elected. And you won't be able to convince me. Sorry. 

The frontrunners for both the Democrats and the republicans represent familiarity, repetetion of past maneuevers, and absolutely no challenge to the status quo. The fact that Obama and Clinton are not white men is totally irellevant in my opinion. There isn't the faintest drop of what I consider to be radicalism or courage in either one of them.

Quote:

Or you could actually participate and support the one candidate whose very presence creates progress. What have you done to participate?

You mean Kuccinich? I vowed after the great leftist swindle of 2004 to never give any money to the DNC. But you are probably referring to Paul. I have done nothing to support Ron Paul, and I am damn proud to say so. Any candidate who thinks that he will get any of my money or my time, that I could be instead giving directly to the homeless vets littered throughout my city can go straight to hell. My idea of making a difference is as localized as possible. The one thing I do agree with Paul about is that he is a federalist and he wants action to get local. Beyond that, nothing really.

--------------------

- Thomas Paine

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7694563 - 11/29/07 12:05 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:

We're also a country of people who are extremely dissatisfied with not being represented in politics (their own fault, of course :smirk:) and are angry with anything identified as status quo in politics. This is repeatedly reported upon, each time with the statement that this "really makes the elections up for grabs".

I agree but I think these people who are increasingly being dissatisfied aren't going to register republican so they won't be able to decide who the republican candidate is..

Again.. like I said.. Ron Paul vs a Democrat.. no problem..

Ron Paul being given the nomination for the republcans.. problem. I just don't see it happening as much as I want to be wrong.

InvisibleBIGSWANG
oakridge gang, beotch
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7694569 - 11/29/07 12:07 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

RON PAUL IS GREAT, AND HE HAS GREAT SUPPORTERS

but he wont win :nonono:

--------------------
Admin Edit: Your signiture is inappropriate and has been removed.  Do not harass other members in your signiture.  Also refrain from posting links to scat pornography.  If I see anything like that here again, you will be banned.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#7694576 - 11/29/07 12:08 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for clearing up where you were coming from Seuss. I understand all to well. It doesn't discourage me either. It is more reason for me to keep my ass out there spreading his message.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #7694632 - 11/29/07 12:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Quote:

I don't have a TV

I like you more and more every time I read your posts

As for paul, I think the signifigant showing in the poles is the factor that will hopefully have some effect on the american politic.

If even 10% vote for him in the primaries nationwide, that will send a huge message.

The ron paul phenomena is hopeful in that it shows there are people who respect a limited role of government in their lives and in the lives of other nations.

Hopefully Paul will stir some change in the mainstream candidates.

As for the things I truly believe are important, the politicians are united against them.

Drugs are still criminalized, beuracracy still controls employment, consumer protection, and buisness, and we are still in iraq w/ bloated military spending. All the major candidates are in unison on these issues.

Really, I just want a president who respects the role of the states to make their own laws and the philosophy that the federal government is to stay out of this. There are a few other minor candidates that support some of these, but the hillaries, giuliani's and McCain's of the world still dominate- though I know McCain has had some hopeful proclamations on his support for state's rights.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: johnm214]
    #7694702 - 11/29/07 12:49 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

It actually looks like Ron Paul is rubbing off on the other repub candidates. Little pieces of his policy are being sucked in by others.

I was suprised to see how many republcan candidates were against a federal ban on abortion...

and then Huckabee busted out the "I want to do away with the federal income tax". I was alll like AWW!! NIGGA WHUT??!!! THIEF!!!

InvisibleBIGSWANG
oakridge gang, beotch
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7694712 - 11/29/07 12:51 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i owe the irs like 14,000, so i hope huckabee becomes president, lol

--------------------

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: BIGSWANG]
    #7694745 - 11/29/07 01:01 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The IRS sucks balls. Their interest rates are unheard of. Fucking government... if you owe 2 grand .. they already KNOW you ain't got the money and they keep tacking on an extra 100 bucks a month.. mother fuckers...

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #7694746 - 11/29/07 01:01 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

> i owe the irs like 14,000, so i hope huckabee becomes president, lol

Huckabee loves to spend tax money... he is going to find the IRS, and your $14,000 to be very beneficial, should he become president.

--------------------

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
    #7694751 - 11/29/07 01:02 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Yea we need someone who will spend less and hoard all the tax money.. we need a jew...

LIEBERMAN!

InvisibleBIGSWANG
oakridge gang, beotch
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7694769 - 11/29/07 01:08 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

they all love to spend tax money, at least he does it as a benefit to society for the most part...if huckabee follows through with his plan to bring down the irs, then i wont have to pay all my money back

even your beloved ron paul will need to use up our tax dollars, especially if he wants all the changes in his mind to happen

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#7694793 - 11/29/07 01:13 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
It actually looks like Ron Paul is rubbing off on the other repub candidates. Little pieces of his policy are being sucked in by others.

I was suprised to see how many republcan candidates were against a federal ban on abortion...

Yes, it was interesting how many times, "states rights" came up last night.

What sucks is that, Paul means it when he talks about it. The others don't. Worse, these guys giving lip service to states rights, are just diluting the authenticity of Pauls message to return to Constitutional Law.

I also just learned on MSNBC that the gay Brigadere General, who asked the question about gays in the Military is involved with the Hillary campaign. They discussed how they think the Dems were planting questions with the liberal CNN to make the Republicans look really worse then they already do. (except for paul of course:grin:)

The kid who asked Paul his last question was already outed as being a democrat supporter from his my space page.

The Republicans got creamed further when another news station accused them of discussing petty issues, unlike the Democrats who take on the serious ones. They were blasted for not talking about the economy. I don't remember any questions on it being asked.:confused:

The Republican candidates had no say in what they could discuss. They had to answer the crappy questions they were asked and they were told to keep on topic with them.

These debates are such a farse..............

This whole country runs off of a Hollywood movie script it seems.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #7694801 - 11/29/07 01:14 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

> they all love to spend tax money, at least he does it as a benefit to society for the most part

Noble as that may be, it isn't the job of the president.

--------------------

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
    #7694811 - 11/29/07 01:18 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

It's all like Louis Black says:

There's the republican party, which is a party of BAD ideas

And there's the democratic party, which is a party of NO ideas.

And the way it works is this.

A republican stands up and says.. Hey I got a really SHITTY IDEA! THen a democrat stands up and yells.. AND I CAM MAKE IT WORSE!

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #7694871 - 11/29/07 01:32 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I thought Ron Paul did an amazing job explaining the difference between conspiracy theories and facts.

Some key moments were:

Romney choking on the Bible question (he should have just kept his mouth shut, instead of backtracking on his statements)

McCain challenging Ron Paul on military support (and being countered with the fact that RP has more donations from enlisted officers).

Huckabee looking incompetent, especially when he was told his time was up - he just said "oh, ok." All the other candidates would always go over time, some even just for the sake of going over, rambling about nothing and knowing it. Not Huckabee, his passive reaction was surprising to me.

I couldn't help but to notice that Huckabee had a certain cadence to his speech patterns, which just screamed memorization. It seemed like he was on autopilot for many responses, especially his counter to Fred Thompson's commercial. Speaking of Thompson, what's that guy from Die Hard 2 doing in the debate? Shouldn't he be in the watchtower... but I digress.

I thought a lot of the questions were garbage, but I was impressed with some of the questions that were asked, moreso than the previous debate.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Re: last night's republican debate [Re: kotik]
    #7695032 - 11/29/07 02:27 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

When McCain accused Ron Paul of "the same type of isolationism that started world war II," I was very pleased that the boos from the audience outnumbered the cheers. Ron Paul's reply was also totally on point...that there is a key difference between isolationism and pre-emptive intervention.

I am very happy that people are coming to this conclusion. It isn't 1937, it is 2007.

--------------------

- Thomas Paine

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: gluke bastid]
    #7695204 - 11/29/07 03:08 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yes but the cycle repeats :P

I don't think people ever really learn from history

else else there would be NO war

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Loc: CT
    #7696155 - 11/29/07 06:21 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I believe people will learn histories lessons, but only when ever country and every person is on equal ground. a child raised as an extreme muslim wont ever change, nor will he try and change his children (if he lives that long) You cant assume everyone thinks like you. every country we're sending troops or looking warily at think completely different than us....

aside from that, i didnt catch the debates, i can say, however, that even though ron paul may have a large following, its via the internet. you could be the most popular guy in america, but thanks to our ingenious electoral college, unless there aer more paul supporteers where it counts, then he wont get elected, regardless of how many people vote for him. the 50 states arent really seperate any more, but thats how the voting system still works.

say you have a million people supporting you, but if they are spread out evenly over the population, then you wont get anywhere. why do you think they try and win over whole states and not just anyone they can. its all about impressing the right people, and frankly the internet is all talk. you may all support him, but thats not winning over anyone who doesnt watch youtube on a daily basis....which are the people who matter.

half the young generation dont even vote...

i though about voting for ron, but then i found huckabee. funny name or not, this guy has what it takes, im sure. He wants to become completely self sufficient, which means no more foriegn power (oil), food, and more emphasis on american resources. He wants to develop new energies and all kinds of stuff you hippies like, and hes doing it the right way. like me, he sees imminent war with china....i think.

im rambling. kinda drunk...gonna go.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: nobhdy]
    #7696299 - 11/29/07 06:38 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

you must be drunk to support huckabee.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PA
    #7696314 - 11/29/07 06:40 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

the part with the gay general last night REALLY made me mad. specifically the response by one of the candidates...I can't remember who but he made some bullshit excuse that most of our troops come from conservative backgrounds and they shouldnt have to be exposed to things that go against their morals or whatever

wow

what a load of shit.

--------------------
Try to realise it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: x2and2makes5]
    #7696337 - 11/29/07 06:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

did anyone else feel that every single video was agenda ladened by democrats? i kind of felt that way. wtf was with the confederate flag question?! i just about mail bombed CNN i myself on that one. it was obvious through most of the videos that CNN "chose" that the questions were just designed to play off of conservative stereotypes to make the candidates dance around like monkeys (that conservative flag one being a good example).

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
    #7696696 - 11/29/07 08:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You responded to me... but aren't I on your ignore list? or is that some other dude that replaces vowels in his name with consonants?

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Re: last night's republican debate [Re: x2and2makes5]
    #7697641 - 11/30/07 05:09 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

x2and2makes5 said:
the part with the gay general last night REALLY made me mad. specifically the response by one of the candidates...I can't remember who but he made some bullshit excuse that most of our troops come from conservative backgrounds and they shouldnt have to be exposed to things that go against their morals or whatever

wow

what a load of shit.

i proudly serve and i can tell you regardless of my background (conservative/liberal) i dont give a damn about a gay guy. "exposed to things against their morals" what a riot. because being exposed to death and carnage are totally within this guys morals, right?

it doesnt matter, gay people get in and they serve just like regular people. *imagine that*

Quote:

afoaf said:

not a very strong argument. care to explain why i shouldnt support him? he wants to pay the military (thats me) much more than any other candidate.

Quote:

Our current armed forces aren't large enough - we have been relying far too heavily on our National Guard and our Reserves, we have worn them out. When our enemies know that we are spread thin, they're more apt to test us by provoking a crisis. Having a sizeable standing army actually makes it less likely that we'll have to use it. So I will increase the defense budget. We have to be ready to fight both conventional and unconventional wars against both state and non-state enemies. Right now we spend about 3.9% of our GDP on defense, while we spent about 6% in 1986 under President Reagan. I would return to that 6% level. I believe we can do this without raising taxes. I will limit increases in other discretionary spending and rely on the normal increase in federal tax revenue that is generated annually

sounds like my kinda president.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Edited by nobhdy (11/30/07 05:15 AM)

OfflineRosettaStoned
Stranger

Loc: North America
    #7697705 - 11/30/07 06:25 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

So you like your govt borrowing all it's money from China as long as you get paid more eh?

Ron Paul is the only way to go. You could serve your country on your own soil for a change, the way it's meant to be.

--------------------
"Government big enough to provide you with all you need is also big enough to take everything you have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Without stupid, faggy potheads we wouldn't have wars." - Zappa

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: Syle]
    #7698169 - 11/30/07 09:48 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Syle writes:

Quote:

did anyone else feel that every single video was agenda ladened by democrats?

Yep. The blogosphere is all over that today -- CNN was so transparently obvious about it. As well, of course, as the fact that the general is a Hillary campaign operative and at least half a dozen of the other questions so far have been shown to be from Democrat supporters.

There's no doubt at all that CNN cherry-picked the questions to re-inforce stereotypes. It was so blatant that even a few of the Libbie bloggers picked up on it.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: Phred]
    #7698200 - 11/30/07 09:58 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

That doesn't really suprise me. Regardless of whether the questions were planted or not they ARE questions. If a democrat could think it up I'm sure there are plenty of non-democrats that actually have that question on their mind. And regardless of which party thought of the question, in the end the president is going to represent ALL people in AMERICA in ALL parties so he/she should be able to anwer any question that comes across the table.

I don't believe so much in the 'liberal media' conspiracy theory, but I do believe there are plenty of biased sources on both sides.

CNN is one of those that are pretty liberally biased IMO. Thats why they call it the Communist News Network (CNN.. get it.. waka waka waka).

Like I mentioned before...The MORNING OF the 2004 election they constantly broadcasted a story about how some random flyer of Bush speaking in front of the troops was photoshopped to make it look like more troops than there actually were.

Between the fact that that story wasn't in the LEAST bit newsworthy (it wouldn't evenbe newsworthy in a high school newspaper) and the time they broadcasted it... it was a blatant attempt at influencing people's votes the morning of the election.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#7698877 - 11/30/07 01:06 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Somone actually took the time to give a complete breakdown of the time each candidate had to speak-

Number of Times a Candidate Received First Crack at a Question
(RG) Rudy Giuliani (8)
(FT) Fred Thompson (7)
(MH) Mike Huckabee (4)
(MR) Mitt Romney (4)
(TT) Tom Tancredo (3)
(RP) Ron Paul (3)
(JM) John McCain (2)
(DH) Duncan Hunter (2)

Number of Times a Candidate Had "The Floor"
(RG) Rudy Giuliani - 19
(MR) Mitt Romney - 19
(JM) John McCain - 12
(FT) Fred Thompson - 11
(MH) Mike Huckabee - 11
(RP) Ron Paul - 9
(TT) Tom Tancredo - 7
(DH) Duncan Hunter - 7

Total Talk Time
(RG) Rudy Giuliani - 16:45
(MR) Mitt Romney - 13:39
(JM) John McCain - 11:39
(FT) Fred Thompson - 10:26
(MH) Mike Huckabee - 9:37
(RP) Ron Paul - 7:21
(DH) Duncan Hunter - 4:46
(TT) Tom Tancredo - 3:50

Complete Breakdown of talk time on issues
Q1 - Immigration #1
Rudy - 1:30
Mitt - 1:01
Rudy - 0:40
Mitt - 0:54
Rudy - 0:05

Q2 - Immigration #2
Fred - 2:05
Rudy - 0:37
John - 1:59
Tom - 0:30

Q3 - Immigration #3
Tom - 1:04
Duncan - 1:11

Q4 - Immigration #4
Mitt - 1:58
Mitt - 0:45
Mitt - 0:41
Mitt - 0:36

Q5 - Council of Foreign Relations
Ron - 1:37

Q6 - National Debt
John - 1:19
Mitt - 0:44
Ron - 0:46

Q7 - Top 3 Federal Programs to Reduce
Fred - 1:29
Ron - 0:43
Mitt - 0:45

Q8 - Fair Tax?
John - 1:21
Ron - 0:35

Q9 - Veto Tax Bill?
Tom - 0:10
Mitt - 0:05
Mitt - 0:03
Rudy - 0:10
Fred - 0:10
John - 0:15
Ron - 0:10
Duncan - 0:20

Q10 - Farm Subsidies
Mitt - 1:19
Rudy - 0:35

Special Question For RG Regarding Scandal broke by Politico
RG - 0:25

Q11 - Toys With Lead?
TT - 0:40
DH - 0:38

Response to Fred Thompson Attack Ad
FT - 0:17
MR - 0:48
MH - 0:38

COMMERCIAL BREAK
(RG)-Rudy Giuliani (MR)-Mitt Romney (FT)-Fred Thompson (RP)-Ron Paul (JM)-John McCain (TT)-Tom Tancredo (DH)-Duncan Hunter

Q12 - Gun Control #1
DH - 0:50

Q13 - Gun Control #2
RG - 1:40
FT - 0:54
RG - 0:34

Q14 - Gun Control #3
FT - 0:08
JM - 0:12
DH - 0:23
MR - 0:05

Q15 - Black on Black Crime
MR - 1:17
RG - 0:52
MR - 0:28

Q16 - Abortion #1
RP - 1:19
FT - 0:58

Q17 - Abortion #2
RG - 0:52
MR - 0:30

Q18 - Death Penalty
MH - 1:31
TT - 0:24

Q19 - Do You Believe the Bible?
RG - 1:02
MR - 0:34
MH - 1:04

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Q20 - Iraq #1
RG - 1:33
JM - 1:24
DH - 0:26

Q21 - Waterboarding
MR - 1:15
JM - 0:58
MR - 0:52
JM - 1:01

Q22 - Iraq #2
FT - 1:15
RP - 0:58
JM - 0:57
RP - 0:47
TT - 0:28

Q23 - Giuliani Using 9/11?
RG - 1:35

Q24 - Power of VP
FT - 1:22
JM - 0:56

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Q25 - Gays in Military
DH - 0:58
MH - 0:25
MR - 0:38
JM - 0:42

Q26 - Log Cabin Republicans
MH - 0:50

Q27 - National Debt
FT - 0:58
MR - 0:35

Q28 - Space Exploration
MH - 0:54
TT - 0:34

Q29 - Why Don't African Americans Vote Republican
RG - 1:30
MH - 0:46

Q30 - Star and Bars
MR - 0:53
FT - 0:50

Q31 - Infrastructure
RG - 1:18
RP - 0:26
JM - 0:35
RG - 0:30

Q32 - Ron Paul Run Independent?
RP - 0:46

Q33 - Why Did Giuliani Root For the Red Sox
RG - 0:56
MR - 0:22

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
    #7698905 - 11/30/07 01:11 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

that's some bulLLLshit right there.

This is why they need to enfore that 90 second rule

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: Phred]
    #7699015 - 11/30/07 01:31 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Another day, another media fraud. CNN “The most trusted name in news,” what a joke.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#7699052 - 11/30/07 01:37 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BIGSWANG said:
they all love to spend tax money, even your beloved ron paul will need to use up our tax dollars, especially if he wants all the changes in his mind to happen

Please learn about him before making sweeping statements. In his ten terms of congress, he never once voted to raise taxes, or for an unbalanced budget. He never voted to raise congressional salary, he has never taken a government paid for junket, he does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program, and he returns a portion of his UNUSED Congressional budget back to the U.S. Treasury Dept. every year.

PLEASE elaborate on what it is Ron Paul wants to do that will cost us more money?

He wants to take a machete to practically every expense in the Federal government, besides keeping up a strong national defence at home, and taking care of the vets.

This is man, so responsible and caring of our tax money, that when it came up on the floor of the house, to give Rosa Parks a medal for her stance on civil rights, Ron Paul voted NO..

He stood up and said, "It isn't right for us to spend tax payer money on this. I think she deserves one ( Paul appreciates civil disobedience). He then, pulled a $100 bill out of his own wallet and said, " I think we should all chip in for it with our own money. Here is my hundred." No one else wanted to use their own money for it and the vote to get the tax payers to pay for it won.

Name one program Paul wants to spend money on besides keeping up a strong national defence and taking better care of the vets.

Ron Paul is a candidate for taking a lot of heat because people think the cuts he wants to make to bloated, useless federal Government programs are "extreme". He doesn't just want budget cuts to them, he wants to phase them out entirely.

He also would not allow any of his 5 children to take out government loans to pay for their college. He had them work part time and borrow from him. He personally did not feel that it was right for his kids to use other peoples tax money to put themselves through college, when those taxes could've gone towards something that everyone benefits from.

This is the sort of ethics, integrity and sense of responsibility Ron Paul has for our tax dollars.

That is why he is so beloved to some of us!!!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
    #7699097 - 11/30/07 01:44 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

He sounds like my best friends' dad.. refuses to take a loan out for anything. This is why he still has cars that are like 20 years old.

No wonder my buddy learned to be cheap. Dude gets annoyed when I send him a measly text message :P

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
    #7699110 - 11/30/07 01:46 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.pcgs.com/articles/article745.chtml

"House approval for a Parks medal came Wednesday, April 21, by a vote of 424 to 1. The Senate had approved the legislation unanimously, 86-0, the day before. It now goes to President Clinton, who is believed to be certain to sign it into law. "

I bet everyone who read that article is like

"Who's that ONE asshole that voted NO"

hehe

And I garuntee you, if it hasn't been done already, that someone will use that against him without giving the full context.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#7699214 - 11/30/07 02:04 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
He sounds like my best friends' dad.. refuses to take a loan out for anything. This is why he still has cars that are like 20 years old.

No wonder my buddy learned to be cheap. Dude gets annoyed when I send him a measly text message :P

Paul refused his children from taking out a government funded student loan, because tax dollars are used for it, that the people who paid the taxes should be benefiting from at the time they are paying them.

Paul has no problem with individuals taking out private loans from the private sector. He used a private loan offered from Duke University when he went to Medical school.

People already tried to cry racist towards Paul with his no vote on the Rosa parks medal. The media did help him to clear that up, it was CNN, by sharing the story about how he thought they should pay for it out of their pockets and how he thought she should have one and offered to chip in $100 of his own money. ( Clearly Paul isn't cheap like your dads friend either. It was very generous of him to offer to use his own money for it, when he didn't have too.)

He just has a strong sense of ethics towards being responsible with tax payer money.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #7699285 - 11/30/07 02:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:

You should totally change your signature to
"Don't talk bout Paul, Im'a gunna fuck yo shit up"

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: last night's republican debate [Re: johnm214]
    #7699493 - 11/30/07 03:18 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:

You should totally change your signature to
"Don't talk bout Paul, Im'a gunna fuck yo shit up"

:lol: Talk about Paul all you want. Just get the facts straight. I think bangswang is like most people, me too before learning about Paul, that think every politician is greedy and corrupt and or a sell out.

There is an exception to every rule and, Paul is it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

#7699753 - 11/30/07 04:22 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

http://youtube.com/republicandebate

they seem to have it set up so you can't listen if you're tabbed out of it...

good breakdown though.

--------------------

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Re: last night's republican debate [Re: RosettaStoned]
    #7700015 - 11/30/07 05:20 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RosettaStoned said:
So you like your govt borrowing all it's money from China as long as you get paid more eh?

Ron Paul is the only way to go. You could serve your country on your own soil for a change, the way it's meant to be.

Mike Huckabee plans to make america self sufficient, like i said earlier. that means pulling out of china, if you had actually read it.

as for the talk times, that is quite pathetic. like i said, im not even voting for ron paul, but he was my second choice. I think this should have been hosted by the people of the internet who would give (maybe) everyone an alotment like its supposed to happen, or at least dummed down the REAL politicians (guiliani, romney, mccain).

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

#7700023 - 11/30/07 05:22 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Rudy will win. I can tell. I've been around long enough to be able to decipher the political speech.

Edited by Luddite (11/30/07 05:23 PM)

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

#7700256 - 11/30/07 06:17 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nobhdy said:
Quote:

afoaf said:

not a very strong argument. care to explain why i shouldnt support him? he wants to pay the military (thats me) much more than any other candidate.

a bigger paycheck isn't necessarily a strong argument for a presidential vote.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: Luddite]
    #7700258 - 11/30/07 06:18 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

This thread is a perfect example of how the Shroomery might be in a bit of disconnect from the rest of the country. Almost the whole thing is about Dr. Paul. I saw this on a blog about the debate wherein the guy was just making wisecracks but with an edge of truth. He said this about the good Dr.:
Quote:

Honestly, Ron Paul is more likely to pour jello down his pants than make a relevant point in one of these debates.

I laughed a bit.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: last night's republican debate [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7700603 - 11/30/07 07:56 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
This thread is a perfect example of how the Shroomery might be in a bit of disconnect from the rest of the country. Almost the whole thing is about Dr. Paul. I saw this on a blog about the debate wherein the guy was just making wisecracks but with an edge of truth. He said this about the good Dr.:
Quote:

Honestly, Ron Paul is more likely to pour jello down his pants than make a relevant point in one of these debates.

I laughed a bit.

Zappa, this post is about the Republican debate in general. Anyone can post opinions about any part of it or anyone in it or how CNN let the Dems run it to their advantage.

Did you catch the debate? What are some of your opinions on how it went? How did you feel watching that spat between Rudy and Mitt on illegals? Don't you think that was staged/provoked by CNN? It made them look like two bickering petty women.

The whole thing was a staged joke on the Republican party. Like Phred said, it isn't just all over the blogosphere, MSNBC did coverage on the Democratic plants as well.

Of course, some of us are most focused on Paul's lack of air time and crappy questions because, he's our candidate. Rudy is yours. How well do you think his campaign was helped or hurt by this last debate?

I'll talk about any of those guys. McCain pissed me off and I'm glad Paul shoved it down his throat.

Otherwise, it was a lame debate. The exchanges between Mitt and Rudy were embaracing.

Rudy, "You have Conchita and Jose working at your house, liar"

Mitt, "Your city was a mecca for illegals, liar"

Both "blah blah nit pick blah blah blah." for 10 minutes

All I kept thinking was, "Next question please"

edit typo

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (11/30/07 07:58 PM)

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

#7700610 - 11/30/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
Quote:

nobhdy said:
Quote:

afoaf said:

a bigger paycheck isn't necessarily a strong argument for a presidential vote.

let me ask you something. What are the top three issues to you and why? when you answer me that, ill let you know mine and tell you why.

i guarantee that all of your reasons are linked to money.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#7701016 - 11/30/07 10:00 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Short and freaking funny debate spoof on McCains rant.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #7701638 - 12/01/07 01:44 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

> What are the top three issues to you and why?

Iraq, Spending, and Freedom.

I want somebody that is going to end US involvement with the quagmire in the middle east. It isn't our job to police the world. It isn't our job to protect US oil company investments in other countries. It isn't our job to spread democracy.

I want somebody that is going to end the unlimited spending. It isn't the right of the government to redistribute wealth. I want somebody that is going to shrink the federal government and return the responsibility of taking care of the people to the states.

I want somebody that is going to restore freedom to the American people. No more war on drugs. No more patriot act. No more spying on US citizens to protect us from each other. No more restrictions on the 2nd amendment. No more legislating Christian moral values upon the people.

--------------------

OfflineRosettaStoned
Stranger

Loc: North America
    #7701898 - 12/01/07 06:37 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mike Huckabee plans to make america self sufficient, like i said earlier. that means pulling out of china, if you had actually read it.

One of the main reasons we are so far in debt is military spending. If a candidate is promising to increase defense (offense) spending, the money has to come from somewhere. Right now it's coming from china, is huckabee going to pull it out of a hat? We cannot detach ourselves from china's teat by increasing spending. Classic example of double speak.

Has huckabee promised to end our policing of the world too? It is going to take MASSIVE cut backs to level out china's economic influence in america. Cut backs that anyone promising to maintain any level of status-quo is not prepared to make.

--------------------
"Government big enough to provide you with all you need is also big enough to take everything you have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Without stupid, faggy potheads we wouldn't have wars." - Zappa

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #7701933 - 12/01/07 07:11 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:

Zappa, this post is about the Republican debate in general. Anyone can post opinions about any part of it or anyone in it or how CNN let the Dems run it to their advantage.

I was merely observing out loud that a minor character (and I do mean character) receives a disproportionately large amount of attention HERE. The Paulnuts think he gets a disproportionately small amount of attention in the rest of the country. That's all.
Quote:

Did you catch the debate? What are some of your opinions on how it went? How did you feel watching that spat between Rudy and Mitt on illegals? Don't you think that was staged/provoked by CNN? It made them look like two bickering petty women.

I didn't watch it, I almost never watch them, I think they're a useless circus sideshow, especially this dumbass YouTube format. Narrows down the field of questioners a great deal.
That Mitt/ Rudy spat, which I heard later, was actually what seems to have been one of a very few actually pertinent questions. These guys have been going at THAT bone for quite some time. Fair question and the "spat" was bound to happen sometime.
Quote:

The whole thing was a staged joke on the Republican party. Like Phred said, it isn't just all over the blogosphere, MSNBC did coverage on the Democratic plants as well.

Of course, some of us are most focused on Paul's lack of air time and crappy questions because, he's our candidate. Rudy is yours. How well do you think his campaign was helped or hurt by this last debate?

Given that it's a Republican primary, I don't think that this network fiasco will have any impact on any of the candidates.
Quote:

I'll talk about any of those guys. McCain pissed me off and I'm glad Paul shoved it down his throat.

I have no idea
Quote:

Otherwise, it was a lame debate. The exchanges between Mitt and Rudy were embaracing.

Rudy, "You have Conchita and Jose working at your house, liar"

Mitt, "Your city was a mecca for illegals, liar"

Both "blah blah nit pick blah blah blah." for 10 minutes

All I kept thinking was, "Next question please"

edit typo

They're all lame. The only thing that matters is the scorecard over the next few days. That's why I think nobody won anything with that mess. The big loser is CNN. That may have been the last fork in their credibility. Not that there was much left anyway, after Eason Jordan.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: RosettaStoned]
    #7701938 - 12/01/07 07:17 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

> Mike Huckabee plans to make america self sufficient, like i said earlier.

Huckabee has noble plans, I agree, but his history shows that he is a spender. Even in the debate, his answer about NASA and mars was spend, spend, spend. The guy does not understand that it isn't his job to spend your tax money to make my life better. You cannot make America self sufficient unless you kill the majority of the federal government and Huckabee, as he answered in the debate and as his history shows, will not do this... thus his spending will require greater taxes so that I can live nicely at your expense under his moral values. Don't take my word for it, read about the guy. Not what he says he is going to do, but what he has done historically. His record speaks for itself.

--------------------

OfflineGoatfish
Dropped DShrooms
Male

#7701960 - 12/01/07 07:38 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I believe that the only way that we are ever going to see someone have a chance at winning who shares the interests in topics that "really matter" is when these baby boomer generation politicians quit running campaigns. Some of the millenial generation is going to have to step up and really voice their opinion. Maybe one day we will actually have a reverse selection of candidates, one with many Ron Pauls and just a handful of Clintons and Romneys and such.

--------------------
The memories that now rest in this forest
Forever shadowing the sunrise of my heart
Wings leave their nest at my coming
Swaying away unto the cold glowing sky
Dreaming away for a while
My spirit sighs in peace
Gazing unto the stars
Please, take me there

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: last night's republican debate [Re: Goatfish]
    #7701967 - 12/01/07 07:45 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You don't have to wait for them to stop running campaigns, you simply have to win regardless of their campaigns. Ron Paul is changing everything right now. :headbang:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale