Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineRosettaStoned
Stranger

Loc: North America
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: nobhdy]
    #7701898 - 12/01/07 06:37 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mike Huckabee plans to make america self sufficient, like i said earlier. that means pulling out of china, if you had actually read it.

One of the main reasons we are so far in debt is military spending. If a candidate is promising to increase defense (offense) spending, the money has to come from somewhere. Right now it's coming from china, is huckabee going to pull it out of a hat? We cannot detach ourselves from china's teat by increasing spending. Classic example of double speak.

Has huckabee promised to end our policing of the world too? It is going to take MASSIVE cut backs to level out china's economic influence in america. Cut backs that anyone promising to maintain any level of status-quo is not prepared to make.

--------------------
"Government big enough to provide you with all you need is also big enough to take everything you have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Without stupid, faggy potheads we wouldn't have wars." - Zappa

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #7701933 - 12/01/07 07:11 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:

Zappa, this post is about the Republican debate in general. Anyone can post opinions about any part of it or anyone in it or how CNN let the Dems run it to their advantage.

I was merely observing out loud that a minor character (and I do mean character) receives a disproportionately large amount of attention HERE. The Paulnuts think he gets a disproportionately small amount of attention in the rest of the country. That's all.
Quote:

Did you catch the debate? What are some of your opinions on how it went? How did you feel watching that spat between Rudy and Mitt on illegals? Don't you think that was staged/provoked by CNN? It made them look like two bickering petty women.

I didn't watch it, I almost never watch them, I think they're a useless circus sideshow, especially this dumbass YouTube format. Narrows down the field of questioners a great deal.
That Mitt/ Rudy spat, which I heard later, was actually what seems to have been one of a very few actually pertinent questions. These guys have been going at THAT bone for quite some time. Fair question and the "spat" was bound to happen sometime.
Quote:

The whole thing was a staged joke on the Republican party. Like Phred said, it isn't just all over the blogosphere, MSNBC did coverage on the Democratic plants as well.

Of course, some of us are most focused on Paul's lack of air time and crappy questions because, he's our candidate. Rudy is yours. How well do you think his campaign was helped or hurt by this last debate?

Given that it's a Republican primary, I don't think that this network fiasco will have any impact on any of the candidates.
Quote:

I'll talk about any of those guys. McCain pissed me off and I'm glad Paul shoved it down his throat.

I have no idea
Quote:

Otherwise, it was a lame debate. The exchanges between Mitt and Rudy were embaracing.

Rudy, "You have Conchita and Jose working at your house, liar"

Mitt, "Your city was a mecca for illegals, liar"

Both "blah blah nit pick blah blah blah." for 10 minutes

All I kept thinking was, "Next question please"

edit typo

They're all lame. The only thing that matters is the scorecard over the next few days. That's why I think nobody won anything with that mess. The big loser is CNN. That may have been the last fork in their credibility. Not that there was much left anyway, after Eason Jordan.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: RosettaStoned]
    #7701938 - 12/01/07 07:17 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

> Mike Huckabee plans to make america self sufficient, like i said earlier.

Huckabee has noble plans, I agree, but his history shows that he is a spender. Even in the debate, his answer about NASA and mars was spend, spend, spend. The guy does not understand that it isn't his job to spend your tax money to make my life better. You cannot make America self sufficient unless you kill the majority of the federal government and Huckabee, as he answered in the debate and as his history shows, will not do this... thus his spending will require greater taxes so that I can live nicely at your expense under his moral values. Don't take my word for it, read about the guy. Not what he says he is going to do, but what he has done historically. His record speaks for itself.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineGoatfish
Dropped DShrooms
Male

Re: last night's republican debate [Re: Seuss]
    #7701960 - 12/01/07 07:38 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I believe that the only way that we are ever going to see someone have a chance at winning who shares the interests in topics that "really matter" is when these baby boomer generation politicians quit running campaigns. Some of the millenial generation is going to have to step up and really voice their opinion. Maybe one day we will actually have a reverse selection of candidates, one with many Ron Pauls and just a handful of Clintons and Romneys and such.

--------------------
The memories that now rest in this forest
Forever shadowing the sunrise of my heart
Wings leave their nest at my coming
Swaying away unto the cold glowing sky
Dreaming away for a while
My spirit sighs in peace
Gazing unto the stars
Please, take me there

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: last night's republican debate [Re: Goatfish]
    #7701967 - 12/01/07 07:45 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You don't have to wait for them to stop running campaigns, you simply have to win regardless of their campaigns. Ron Paul is changing everything right now. :headbang:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]