Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemixpix
C'est dommage!
Female

How do you get ready to trip?
    #767980 - 07/22/02 02:32 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What types of preperation do you undergo before emarking on a trip? I am looking for some ways to relax at least through the comming up (I get so anxious i shake) till i get goin. any tips other than meditation?

--------------------
and when you try to toy with nature
youll be falling with the leaves

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePee_Wee_Herben
I Won't GoSchizo WIll I?
Loc: West Siiiide
Re: How do you get ready to trip? [Re: mixpix]
    #768001 - 07/22/02 02:39 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I read from TripMeister that eating fish (such as a tuna fish sandwich) a couple hours before tripping enhances the experience. I have yet to try it personally, but I trust TM's advice.

--------------------
~~~ "Don't take those!!! Oops... Hope you're not busy for like a month!" -Tommy Chong ~~~

OfflineCougheeman
enthusiast
Re: How do you get ready to trip? [Re: Pee_Wee_Herben]
    #768172 - 07/22/02 03:34 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

lol was about to say meditate... but i guess you don't want to do that...

Well, this is what i do. Usually i eat very light throughout the day, drink alot of water. Then i stop eating about 3 hours before i trip, maybe eat a few fruits. After i digest the them, i usually go meditate or do some yoga postures. Then totaly calms me, and makes me completly aware of everything that is going to happen in my trip.

Yes i have heard fish helps too, not sure if its true, same with drinking oj... But i do it still just in case

--------------------
Aum Namah Sivaya

OfflineShroomyMcPot
Male

Loc: TX
    #768825 - 07/22/02 07:09 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I eat the drug which im going to use to hallucinate. Then I drive to where ever im going to get the oj and movies or whatever im gonna need for the trip, and I try to get home right as the shit is kicking in. It really helps the anxious waiting you experiance before a trip.

Offlinepsillyshroompha
shr00m0r

Loc: SLC, UT
    #769180 - 07/22/02 10:25 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Relax, put on very relaxing music. Stretch out a lot of the day. Don't talk with too much people, don't say much at all. I just go at a slow pace. Eat little or nothing at all. Drink a lot of OJ or stuff with Vit C, and water. The rest is just mental preparedness.

--------------------
To all the weed I've smoked,
this blunts for you.
To all the people I offended,
Fuck you too
To all the friends I used to have,
I miss my past.
But the rest of you assholes,
Can Kiss My Ass

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

#769386 - 07/23/02 01:44 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yeh, fasting can be a good way to focus the mind and is in itself a form of meditation (with the added bonus of not having to sit on your ass for hours at a time) all it takes is a little will power. Try it and you will see how focused your thought becomes. So fasting all day before the the trip can be exellent mental preperation. Now depending on what kind of trip you want ie deep introspective or just a happy vibey high, setting is of maximum importance. I find the best way to bring about the trip I want is with music. You can choose either to listen to no music at all throughout the day while fasting or listening to the music you will trip with later (this helps to impress the mood the music choice will have later).
If you really get anxious ie shakes, paranoia, losing the battle of fight or flight etc I find the best thing is to put some really happy music on after ingestion. I go for
P-funk or reggae then you can just dance and sing away and soon forget about the shakes or just shake away to the rhythm .
Remeber sometimes it's very difficult even for the experienced to avoid the types of feelings described particularly on large doses so the last bit of advice I can give is if all else fails is to experience it, see it for what it is...transitory, negative, yet in a sense character building when you can except tha sometimes the hard teaching just has to be.

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #769451 - 07/23/02 03:16 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I shake too sometimes. Also happens when I smoke waaayy too much weed. Just put on some happy music and make sure you have a welcoming attitude toward the shrroms rather than a suspicious one. They can smell fear.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
    #772391 - 07/24/02 05:35 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

comming up (I get so anxious i shake)

me too, but i atribute it more to my body 's vibration adjusting to the mushroom energy rather than anxiety. for me i've found that listening (feeling) a phat, pounding bassline will help. i found this out once when i was coming up and i was in a friend's car (the back seat) listening to SI Futures album Mission Statement. i noticed that the bass was similar to the vibrations of my body (also we were going about 120 mph, so maybe that had an effect) and no shivering...

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: How do you get ready to trip? [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #772714 - 07/24/02 08:22 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I actually did this once, and it worked really well!

In my case, I blended my shrooms with some OJ at home, drank the mixture, and then took a walk to a nearby gas station to buy some cigarettes and a chocolate bar that I wanted to eat during the trip. (The chocolate bar, that is... Not the cigs! )

Anyway... By the time I got back from the store, the trip was already beginning; and I had completely avoided the anxiety and nervousness that comes while simply waiting for the trip to come on. It really works wonders!

Also to prepare myself prior to the trip, I like to read through old journals of mine or certain passages from books that put me in a happy, calm, spiritual mood.

--------------------
Namaste.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract