Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrBigCapsGT
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
Picking Weili
    #7690338 - 11/28/07 12:28 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I picked a few Weili last night. It was like 34 degrees outside so I didn't expect a good yield. I got a lot of under developed caps and a lot of really dark caps and stems

--------------------
"The day is gone I'm on my back
Staring up at the ceiling
I take a drink sit back relax
Smoke my mind make me feel
Better for a small time" ~ Dave

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrBigCapsGT
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Picking Weili [Re: MrBigCapsGT]
    #7690343 - 11/28/07 12:29 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Are these worth keeping?

--------------------

OfflineMrBigCapsGT
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7690374 - 11/28/07 12:34 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineMrBigCapsGT
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7690377 - 11/28/07 12:35 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
    #7690446 - 11/28/07 12:52 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

well if you don´t like then you can send it my way .
nice documentation i was seeing satelite and was wondering about rain over there .
all my best.

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Offlinehaymaker
Mr Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: Picking Weili [Re: cactu]
    #7690534 - 11/28/07 01:20 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

why wouldnt you keep em? just store em till you have more if you bothered.

--------------------
"Make hay while the sun shines"
My Trade List

OfflineMrBigCapsGT
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Picking Weili [Re: haymaker]
    #7690911 - 11/28/07 02:47 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I was just wondering if the cold weather would effect the psilocybin

--------------------

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
    #7690942 - 11/28/07 02:56 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

for mi point of view the cold will affect the weather in many ways since the mushrooms is alive and moist, will dry it and sometimes if it frozen well after the water inside the cell melt again well the mushrooms to , your seem dry and not melted to much i will think that maybe half of the actives will be lost , but maybe i´m wrong.

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #7691026 - 11/28/07 03:19 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Well I can't tell from your pictures what you have. They look all dried up and unable to identify from here. Did they all stain blue?

I figure, If you found them growing, they'll still be potent enough, no matter what the weather is like, if theyre growing they should still be potent. But the ones in your images looked dried up, I like to eat weilii fresh for full potency.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of P. weilii taken by my old friend the Lizard King who dissappeared from this message board many years ago.

He used to invite me up to pick every year with him and his friend and showed me most wonderful times!

It is my favorite shroom on the planet.

I had many images of these amazing mushrooms from when I visited LK. They were all uploaded to Drool Donkey forums and when bendover shut the site down with zero notice the images were lost forever. I had hundreds of great psychoactive mushroom photos loaded into DD and they are all gone now.. haha donkey drool was the most funny shroom message board eva. I just should have backed up all my images there..

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
Re: Picking Weili [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #7692357 - 11/28/07 07:51 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yes i remenber the dd ,  not to many people does , weird when i enter shroomery and dd , disapeard i though this was the same thing ha ha almost 4 years ago can´t remenber, man weilli is so great,  i bet  my money that those are  fall weillli  for the color of the cap, now i understand that happend with some cold come, i have seem this in villareallii , that why the pictures of pault statment always intrigue me  since where so diferent that other weilli  find i see but was  for that  bruising that almost look  natural on then .:tongue:
all my best..

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Picking Weili [Re: cactu]
    #7692943 - 11/28/07 10:09 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Back when Lizard invited me up to experience weilii they were still relatively unknown to many people in the atlanta area. And at that time, we did not really know that they also grew in lawns, well we knew about it but had yet to realize they grew so much more abundantly in lawns... where he would take me to was a weilii patch in woods, so Ive never eaten weilii from a lawn yet. The ones we found in the woods i suspect were a much different "experience" due to the difference in habitat.. this patch was in a secluded wooded area in the northeastern suburbs of atlanta, we would walk down a path for a while into the woods which always had an insane amount of misquitos when i visited, and i mean swarms of misquitos.. the patch was in a baby sweetgum forest, small sweetgum trees (very trippy enviroment), and the earth was mostly red-clay underneath the leaves.. we would squat down in this forest with misquitos swarming slowly scanning the area for the sacred weilii caps, the caps blend in very well with the enviroment so they are hard to spot, you can be standing on top of a few of them and not even know, so we would move very very slowly through the woods finding the shrooms.. i wish i still had pictures of them, many of the caps in this forest were dark-dark-brown (almost black), wicked little mamas.. i would always eat the shrooms with the darkest colored caps because they appeared more potent to me.. the flavor of them was un-real, something out of this world, i always describe it as a "higher frequency" flavor than anything else Ive ever tasted.. a funny thing about those mushrooms, is that they would make me trip for what seemed 24-hours literally, and then I would still feel a glow from them for a week or even two weeks after eating the fresh dosages.. and this was during a time when my tolerance was very high, eating huge dosages of Copelandia and Cubensis 2-3 times a week, so those weilii really knocked me off my feet, there is something extra-special in those shrooms from what i experienced. and the taste, another funny thing, after a solid fresh dosage of them i would taste them in my mouth for up to a Week afterwards, that high frequency weilii flavor lingers.. yeah, they are something else alright.. the Lizard King showed me what was up with those shrooms for sure, his graciousness to show me was a blessing, his mushroom patch that he led me into was magical, and the mushrooms that he showed me forever left an impression on me of amazement

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #7693211 - 11/28/07 11:27 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I digress on them being more gregarious on lawns, My largest patches have come out of woods bordering grass, I have found them growing on everything from sticks to pinecones to hay to fescue to bermuda.

If you ever come back to Atlanta CGgreatone i'd have to take you hunting sometime.

OfflineMrBigCapsGT
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Picking Weili [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #7693709 - 11/29/07 06:09 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I am blessed to live in GA, I've never tried any other type of mushroom its always been weili because they grown practically in my backyard so I get them for free. I'm sad we had a drought in GA this year it really hurt my yield I barely got any weili this year and last year this time I was gettin boxes as you can see in the pics I posted last year. Theres always next year =)

--------------------

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
    #7693890 - 11/29/07 07:42 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

When you found them in the woods, what were they growing from? I haven't found any in the woods. If fact, I've only seen them in grass. I've never seen them in pine straw even (with lots of looking). Of course I haven't been at this very long.

I agree with what you were saying about the experience, including the flavor. To me, tasting the mushroom fresh is an integral part of the trip. There is something so alien about the texture and taste. It's neither good or bad to me, just distinctive, and you can taste it up in your nostrils if you know what I mean.

I've been lucky enough to find some nice patches of weilii the past couple of seasons. Not huge patches, but a perfect amount for me, like they were protecting me from overuse. It's funny, the patches I find often have less than 10 mushrooms in it, all very healthy. I also find singles and doubles.

This year, obviously, the drought has been terrible. But I remember that July was unseasonably cool for a couple of weeks, with enough rain to keep the ground damp. There were some good patches then. This fall, I have been picking them from a little park that has very tall fescue. They have well water, so they have been allowed to water it. If I see one mushroom growing above the grass, I'm surprised. But if I get down and crawl around, parting the grass with my hands, I'll find one here and there. They are little stunted, twisty stemmed weilii. They know not to get above the cool, damp grass.

Fun to think about them.

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
    #7695374 - 11/29/07 03:45 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MrBigCapsGT said:
I am blessed to live in GA, I've never tried any other type of mushroom its always been weili because they grown practically in my backyard so I get them for free. I'm sad we had a drought in GA this year it really hurt my yield I barely got any weili this year and last year this time I was gettin boxes as you can see in the pics I posted last year. Theres always next year =)

There was some very abundant growth in late July and decent growth in mid-August but I stopped trying after that although I know people found scattered ones during the next two months. The drought was really horrible. There was a spot that I found and had identified here that was very large. The weilii were in these massive gnarly clusters in a recently cleared piece of land by a creek right before entering a woodland. I got a ton there so it wasn't a completely horrible season for weilii. I've found them in Bermuda, fescue, and pine straw.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract