Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens
    #7687159 - 11/27/07 05:33 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I had a nice big description planned out but I'll cut to the chase.

Females have large, dangerously large, fragile Egos.

Just hold on a minute and let me describe. In society females are told to feel great about themselves physically, mentally, etc. etc. no matter how bitchy, insane, fat, skinny or ugly they are.

Males on the other hand are pretty much told to deal with it and stop crying. Make it work.

Females thus have Egos that hold no ground (dangerous Egos). Having their self image smashed to pieces is not a very tempting experience. Even the beautiful ones can have damaging Egos.

What do all pretty females do on Halloween? What do their costumes do for them? Why don't males dress in tight clothes, etc.?

Admittedly there are some men like this but again what would happen if you gave a Jon Gotti wannabe 5 grams?

Almost all females fall into these 2 categories and the ones that don't usually have more male friends, do more 'guy' stuff etc.

A female Ego is very fragile and easy to crush. And they know it.

There is a difference between knowing and admitting to your flaws and pretending you are perfect. There lies the difference between true Ego and damaging Ego.

--------------------
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Edited by mikebart101 (11/27/07 05:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: mikebart101]
    #7687198 - 11/27/07 05:37 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I know plenty of girls who like to trip. My best acid trip ever was with a girl. She's not intensely feminine, but she's not really tomboyish either.

You might be onto something, in how the conditioning males are put through makes them more amenable to psychedelics than the conditioning women are put through. But I don't think "females don't enjoy hallucinogens," or even that only the boyish ones do. I have a lot of female tripper buddies of all different sorts.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinemushroomplume
Stranger

#7687210 - 11/27/07 05:39 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I know of a lot of girls who do trip absolutely fine, but I will grant you this. Most of the people I have tripped with and have had a bad time, have been girls. I don't want to single them out and I don't necessarily agree with your theory, but it's something I've noticed.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7687223 - 11/27/07 05:40 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i've got some girl-friends who love to trip

as a result, i didn't read your post

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7687227 - 11/27/07 05:41 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

In society females are told to feel great about themselves physically, mentally, etc. etc. no matter how bitchy, insane, fat, skinny or ugly they are.

Wha??? Women these days have TONS of pressure to look a certain way, act a certain way, etc. I wouldn't want to go one day dealing with the kind of social pressure girls today face.

Quote:

Males on the other hand are pretty much told to deal with it and stop crying. Make it work.

That would be ego. All the more subconscious mental blocks for psychedelics to smash through.

Quote:

Why don't males dress in tight clothes, etc.?

I think that has more to do with male vs. female standards of beauty, as well as the equipment we're carrying around in the groin area.

Quote:

I think the macho exterior that guys put on is every bit as much susceptible to being blown away by psychedelics as any ego games girls put on.

--------------------

Invisiblebadreligion2good
Uncertain
Male

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: mikebart101]
    #7687253 - 11/27/07 05:44 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I'd say, based on this post, you're sexist. Out of the approximately 3 billion females in the world, you think you have met enough to accurately judge all womens comfort with hallucinogens? You cannot make such broad generalizations based on sex alone. Your comment is just plain ignorant.

--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Silversoul]
    #7687276 - 11/27/07 05:47 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I am referring to knowing who you are and pretending. I feel more females pretend by conforming to social norms etc. and thus have no idea who they really are.

A person that realizes they have a big nose, crooked tooth, small muscles etc. are not surprised when they look in the mirror.

You are taking my post too literally. I am speaking in generalizations.

Just look at the differences between females who like drugs and those that do not. LOOK! There is a difference. Just look. Its very subtle but its there.

--------------------
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #7687289 - 11/27/07 05:48 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

:popcorn:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#7687298 - 11/27/07 05:49 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

*calmly waits for NiahmNyx, Veritas, and MushroomTrip to arrive* :bongload:

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: badreligion2good]
    #7687308 - 11/27/07 05:50 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

badreligion2good said:
I'd say, based on this post, you're sexist.

Holy crap. Do you accuse the colorblind man of seeing the world in gray-scale?

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #7687341 - 11/27/07 05:54 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The main reason it is much easier for females to enjoy mushrooms than (straight) men:

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#7687346 - 11/27/07 05:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mikebart101 said:
Just look at the differences between females who like drugs and those that do not. LOOK! There is a difference. Just look. Its very subtle but its there.

So, if I use an "if/then" formulation, chicks do more coke and drink more alcohol to help boost their egos....?  :smirk:

Could it have more to do with what they call having a thrill seeker type of behaviour/personality....?
Just a guess, but I am thinking more doods jump out of planes then women - is this ego as well....?

>^;;^<

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7687361 - 11/27/07 05:57 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

We could do this all day. I was making a social observation about females and hallucinogens, nothing more.

Why do more females opt for plastic surgery? A lot more?

--------------------

Uncertain
Male

#7687374 - 11/27/07 05:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

"Females have large, dangerously large, fragile Egos."

Thats a gross generalization of females. If you truly believe this, you fit the definition of sexist. You seem to be claiming females have inferior egos as opposed to men... whatever that means. There really isn't much to argue.

Think before you write, otherwise you may make a fool of yourself.

--------------------

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattleish
    #7687376 - 11/27/07 05:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Because they're ugly?

Or because they're ugly and they care about it?

:popcorn:

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#7687377 - 11/27/07 05:59 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Um, because men don't look as nice with tits? What did I win?

--------------------

Invisibleadrug

#7687378 - 11/27/07 05:59 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mikebart101 said:

Just hold on a minute and let me describe. In society females are told to feel great about themselves physically, mentally, etc. etc. no matter how bitchy, insane, fat, skinny or ugly they are.

Females thus have Egos that hold no ground (dangerous Egos). Having their self image smashed to pieces is not a very tempting experience. Even the beautiful ones can have damaging Egos.

What do all pretty females do on Halloween? What do their costumes do for them? Why don't males dress in tight clothes, etc.?

Admittedly there are some men like this but again what would happen if you gave a Jon Gotti wannabe 5 grams?

Almost all females fall into these 2 categories and the ones that don't usually have more male friends, do more 'guy' stuff etc.

There is a difference between knowing and admitting to your flaws and pretending you are perfect. There lies the difference between true Ego and damaging Ego.

That is the most ridiculous load of crap I've ever read.

Granted, there is a smaller proportional number of females who are into hallucinogens. But I think you're giving people too much credit. I don't think your average run of the mill woman or other groups of people who are uninformed about such things even realize that psychedelics have anything to DO with the ego. To the uninformed, eating drugs is simply about getting "high". And honestly, they're not entirely wrong. To some extent that IS what its about. You can put up all kinds of fronts, or believe in a bunch of religious ideologies that make what you're doing seem sacred, but you're still altering your consciousness to achieve a desired effect.

For the surprisingly large number of females on this website, and many others who don't even know this website exists, hallucinogens are a powerful tool used to explore the mind; just as powerful a tool for us (women), as they are for you (men). I say your claims to the contrary are utterly ridiculous.

Offlinemushroomplume
Stranger

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7687381 - 11/27/07 05:59 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think the OP was being sexist, I think there is something to be said about male drug-use and female drug-use. For instance, I'm not sure of all hospitals, but my local one is very reluctant in giving Vicodin to female patients. The doctor told me the reasoning for this was because females have a much greater potential for abusing pain-killers.

:leafromp:

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: slackophage]
    #7687388 - 11/27/07 06:00 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Why should they care about it?

--------------------

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

#7687402 - 11/27/07 06:03 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Because regardless of all the bullshit about beauty being skin deep, aesthetics are fucking important.

That's why.

Or maybe it's the big, fragile egos...

:leafromp: (forgot about that smiley!)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7687410 - 11/27/07 06:04 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mikebart101 said:
We could do this all day. I was making a social observation about females and hallucinogens, nothing more.

All this shows is that women's egos are more involved in their physical appearance(which can be explained in evolutionary terms). Guys simply direct their egos elsewhere, such as how much money they make, or whose ass they can kick, or who they can outwit.

--------------------

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

#7687433 - 11/27/07 06:07 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I knew this post would get me in a load of shit so instead of it being a complete failure and arguing about sexism, would you agree that there is a difference between the way the male and female Ego evolve in regards to society?

How does this affect their behavior?

--------------------

Offlinemushroomplume
Stranger

#7687449 - 11/27/07 06:10 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

mikebart,

I don't think this is an ego thing. I think this is a how men perceive/relate to the world and how women perceive/relate to the world thing.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: mushroomplume]
    #7687469 - 11/27/07 06:14 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The difference between men and women lies in our emotional responses. Men are more aggressive and stoic, women are more emotional and nurturing. These are just generalizations and are not always true.

Being that the ego is an illusion, a character that we are conditioned from birth to wear, there is nothing useful to be gleaned from observing the divergences between "the male ego" and "the female ego." It has more to do with the people we were raised by than the sex we were born with. There are absolutely no generalities to work with here.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (11/27/07 06:18 PM)

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

#7687475 - 11/27/07 06:16 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I think there is, but I also think it's voluntary on many levels. I think women who act the way you describe because it's a social norm, yet "know better", are weak and pathetic creatures. Likewise with men and their similar ego trips about money, power, and possessions.

Nature vs. nurture only goes so far in my book. You can decide how much run your ego has over your life. It's just simple willpower.

Uncertain
Male

#7687488 - 11/27/07 06:18 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Would you agree that there is a difference between the way the male and female Ego evolve in regards to society?

There is a difference between ALL peoples "ego evolution." The ego is the result of a few things, not simply gender. Experience, reactions, genetics, social conditioning, memory. All of this effects self-identity and is all more significant then gender when it comes to our ever-changing self identity.

--------------------

Edited by badreligion2good (11/27/07 06:19 PM)

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

#7687510 - 11/27/07 06:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

But then the question arises again, is there a difference between an Ego that is built on truths and one built on false pretenses? Can one have an Ego that represents who they are and one that represents who they are not? Which one is damaging? Don't we all have Egos?

I feel that we do. Its the person who has a true Ego that appears to have none at all.

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

#7687528 - 11/27/07 06:27 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Truth as we comprehend it is an illusion.

There's no inherent distinction between an ego built on "the truth" and one built on "false pretenses." The functional ego is the one that enables the host to control his or her emotions and make productive decisions. A defective one can't do one or the other or both of those things.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7687550 - 11/27/07 06:31 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

So what if you think you are good at thinking you are good at something even if it that something holds no truth.

I.E. knowing you are good at math when math itself may very well be an illusion. You know you are better at than illusion than others.

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

#7687561 - 11/27/07 06:33 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

EDIT: I think I misunderstood.

I guess I see your point, but a person's ego is way too complex and layered to interpret in a way that involves "truth" and "false pretenses."

That said, I definitely agree that an ego can be true to a person's inner self or not, if that's what you mean.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (11/27/07 06:36 PM)

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

#7687567 - 11/27/07 06:34 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Never gave too much thought to that. My analysis doesn't go much beyond "Is this person full of shit, arrogant, or just that good?" when it comes to discerning overpowering egos.

Typically I just avoid them.

I really don't care how they got that way. :igor:

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

#7687594 - 11/27/07 06:41 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Back to evolution of the female ego.

Why are women no longer proud of being stay at home mothers? I consider that a very difficult career choice, but instead this is frowned upon today.

I don't know but I feel as if females band together more easily than men. When one female starts a movement, idea, fight, etc. almost all other females follow suit. Not trying to be sexist here. (Women's rights etc.)

I think society puts more pressure on females to conform together; be the 'ideal' female so to speak, and sometimes not all agree with these ideals and unwillingly conform to them. Over time the power of regret gets them fenced in and they grow afraid of being themselves, for fear of breaking free and truly knowing what regret is. Better not to face it.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Lion]
    #7687608 - 11/27/07 06:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bug said:
*calmly waits for NiahmNyx, Veritas, and MushroomTrip to arrive* :bongload:

Here I am!!! I AM A WOMAN. I rather enjoy hallucinogens. I'm also a feminist and find the premise of the argument laughable, at best. Nice try.

Free sVs!
Female

#7687615 - 11/27/07 06:47 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mikebart101 said:
When one female starts a movement, idea, fight, etc. almost all other females follow suit. Not trying to be sexist here. (Women's rights etc.)

Women's rights had such a huge following because half the population hadn't been given any rights at all for millenia. I'm pretty sure most of them just jumped on the chance to be treated as human beings once they realized this was a movement and things didn't have to stay the way they were. Other than that, I don't see your point.

Quote:

mikebart101 said:
I think society puts more pressure on females to conform together; be the 'ideal' female so to speak, and sometimes not all agree with these ideals and unwillingly conform to them.

Men have to deal with this too. I sure fucking know I do. The ideals are just different

Quote:

mikebart101 said:
Over time the power of regret gets them fenced in and they grow afraid of being themselves, for fear of breaking free and truly knowing what regret is. Better not to face it.

This is where I can't even tell what you're trying to say anymore.

Edited by Tchan909 (11/27/07 06:54 PM)

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7687625 - 11/27/07 06:50 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
EDIT: I think I misunderstood.

I guess I see your point, but a person's ego is way too complex and layered to interpret in a way that involves "truth" and "false pretenses."

That said, I definitely agree that an ego can be true to a person's inner self or not, if that's what you mean.

I tried getting people to admit what they are great at with a post last week "What Makes You Special" without them having to feel bad about it. Why should you feel egotistical if you know, for a fact, that you excel at something. Its just the truth. Others inevitably recognize it and so should YOU. Life is about finding out who you are. How many times have you heard that. Its also about knowing your flaws.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #7687633 - 11/27/07 06:53 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Here I am!!! I AM A WOMAN.

Hear me ROAR? (Nevermind - before your time.)

--------------------

Edited by OrgoneConclusion (11/27/07 09:37 PM)

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#7687639 - 11/27/07 06:54 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

When women start movements all of us are too stupid to think for ourselves so we follow suit? That's what feminism was all about? *cough* What about Nazism? Adolf Hitler was definitly a man, and his very first supporters and thugs were young men who had no skills other than fighting (victims of the first world war.) What about Christianity? Yep, one more time, men are at the helm.

Your argument is ridiculous, as pretty much every single historical movement I can think of was started by and followed by men. Women weren't considered important enough to pursue as a support base, nor were we taken seriously enough to start movements of our own until the suffrage movement. Hmm. :rolleyes:

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7687642 - 11/27/07 06:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

Here I am!!! I AM A WOMAN.

Here me ROAR? (Nevermind - before your time.)

I got it. :wink:

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

#7687663 - 11/27/07 07:02 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

This hurts but you are right.

Both men and women jump to each others sides in and argument thus proving a point I was driving at. Men and women classify each other by sex and judge by sex thus affecting their own judgment, choice, personality, and...Ego.

I am just saying that more males are aware of this than more females.

You are one enlightened female. But be careful about calling yourself a feminist.

Too often I hear of wives beating their husbands and females jumping to the conclusion, "he probably deserved it."

The women's movement is still a relatively fresh part of history and I feel that many females are still caught up in it.

Its only a matter of time before all the other females on this site band together and take me down. :grin:

--------------------

Edited by mikebart101 (11/27/07 07:06 PM)

Uncertain
Male

#7687750 - 11/27/07 07:24 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I am a heterosexual, middle class male, and I still disagree with you. It's not just females "banding together to take you down." I guess that means, disprove your fallacious theories? Your ideas are not well supported. Its people of all genders here with insight that will seek to disprove your misconceptions.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: mikebart101] * 1
    #7687759 - 11/27/07 07:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Be careful about calling myself a feminist? I have a feeling I know a lot more about feminism, and have a much more detailed critique of aspects of it than you do. To paraphrase the wise words of Vice magazine, being a feminist just means you don't like getting raped all the time.

Why should women not be proud of the women's movement? It's the only reason I am getting a degree instead being a housewife with 5 kids hanging off my sagging breasts at the ripe young age of 23.

The only reason the females of this site would need to band together to take you down (although, realistically I think I've already done it all by myself) is that you are saying some pretty ignorant and baseless things about us as a general class. Men have no reason to fear feminism, unless they are interested in maintaining ideologies that damage women to keep themselves in a position of superiority.

Also, what gives you the notion that few women like psychedelic drugs? Because there are more men posting on this forum? Because the women you know personally are not into them? These are not good enough parameters to assess the demographics of drug use. Most of the women I know have tried psychedelics at least once, and most of them enjoy them at least on occasion. I also find it funny that you think women have more fragile egos than men, as the stereotype has always gone the other way.

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

#7687844 - 11/27/07 07:43 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I did not mean few I meant fewer. And being a part of any self-classification is dangerous.

Jeesh.

--------------------

OfflineMuufokfok
aka BoxyBrown
Male User Gallery

Loc: america's wang Flag
    #7687906 - 11/27/07 07:53 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

its not a deal of sexism, its just women arent as risk taking as men. not saying all women are boring just not every girl is ready to go on an all out drug taking spree.

and that is true.

--------------------
"I'm guessing the 'ancient lost drug' of india is psychedelic mushrooms. The correlation between sacred cows (in hinduism) and magic mushrooms growing on cow dung is too strong to ignore, if you ask me."

As the ocean waves, the universe "peoples"
~Alan Watts~

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

#7687929 - 11/27/07 07:56 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

My girl's drug of choice is acid. Shes done just about everything there is with me, besides crack and meth. Of everything I've put in front of her, acid is defiantly her fav.

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7688025 - 11/27/07 08:16 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I think that there are general psychological differences between men and women, does that make me sexist?

In my experience, women don't generally dislike hallucinogens.

But from experience I do think they are more deeply effected by them,
in the same way that women are more deeply effected by a a dramatic movie.

I think it has less to do with ego than it has to do with emotion...

Women are known to be more powerful psychically than men, if anything they are able to enjoy them more than us.

All hail the return of the mighty Goddess Maat, may she reconcile us to Truth.
May she forgive us for attempting to compensate for her gift of life with technology.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Middleman]
    #7688055 - 11/27/07 08:22 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think it makes you sexist to think there may be psychological differences between men and women. What you have to consider, however, is that those differences aren't necessarily 'natural.' Some or all of them have been socialized. We are trained into our genders, we don't inherently know how to be men or women. This seems to be proven by Margaret Meads study of 3 cultures:

This is from Wikipedia

Quote:

1. Mead tells of Sex and Temperament in Three Primitive Societies. "She explained that nobody knew the degree to which temperament is biologically determined by sex. So she hoped to see whether there were cultural or social factors that affected temperament. Were men inevitably aggressive? Were women inevitably "homebodies"? It turned out that the three cultures she lived with in New Guinea were almost a perfect laboratory — for each had the variables that we associate with masculine and feminine in an arrangement different from ours. She said this surprised her, and wasn't what she was trying to find. It was just there.

* "Among the Arapesh, both men and women were peaceful in temperament and neither men nor women made war.
* "Among the Mundugumor, the opposite was true: both men and women were warlike in temperament.
* "And the Tchambuli were different from both. The men 'primped' and spent their time decorating themselves while the women worked and were the practical ones — the opposite of how it seemed in early 20th century America."

Offlineclorox
Crossing theDoors ofPerception
Male

Loc: The Other Side
    #7688067 - 11/27/07 08:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

man, i was hoping for something meaningful to show to my girlfriend to explain why we experience shrooms differentaly, not some sexist "girls are raised different" shit...

--------------------

These walls, such they be, are crawling with geometric hallucinations.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7688084 - 11/27/07 08:32 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I saw a documentary recently where some boys where raised as girls and vice versa,
It was surprising how many of the psychological differences were strictly conditioned...

The physical differences aren't so black and white either, there are many shades of gray.
I have a dimple above my penis where my vagina would have been so I consider myself 10% female. :blush:

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#7688179 - 11/27/07 08:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:
I have a dimple above my penis where my vagina would have been so I consider myself 10% female. :blush:

:smilingpuppy:

>^;;^<

--------------------

>^;;^<

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#7688264 - 11/27/07 09:15 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Women are less likely to be involved in risky behavior, so naturally less women will be using psychedelics than men. It has nothing to do with women being unable to 'handle' psychedelics. Statistically, women also have more anxiety than men, so this may discourage its use in certain environments too. This anxiety has little to do with a weak ego though, it has a much more practical etiology. Women are physically vulnerable and more likely to be the victim of a crime.

My girlfriend loves psychedelics even more than I do, but she doesn't use them the same (risky) way I do.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#7688370 - 11/27/07 09:39 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Its only a matter of time before all the other females on this site band together and take me down.

A man has to have a dream. :sun:

Mike's next thread: 'Why Females Do Not Enjoy Sex.'

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #7688746 - 11/27/07 11:15 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

wtf

this post is far more telling about you than "females"

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #7689150 - 11/28/07 03:09 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

And the difference between women who like drugs and those who don't, is it in some way different that the difference between men who like drugs and those who don't? :wtf:
I am sorry, I read all your posts in this thread and you have nothing to sustain your affirmations. All you presented here are assumptions based on the characteristics you found o some women and the generalized.
From my own observations, but also from different social and psychological statistics, both men and women suffer from anxieties, both specific to their sex (it would be at least awkward for a woman to worry about her penis size or for a man to worry about his breast size :lol:).
Also both men and women suffer from other anxieties which are not necessarily related to their sex, such as social class, income and the like.
Now tell me, considering all that, how did you determine that generally, females have bigger "egos"... whatever that means.

Quote:

I am referring to knowing who you are and pretending. I feel more females pretend by conforming to social norms etc. and thus have no idea who they really are.

Again, both from personal observations, but also from different social studies that I came across, both men and women have trouble in finding out who they are, and conforming to social norms seems to be more linked to the cultural influence rather than sex.

Quote:

More women opt for plastic surgery because of the cultural influence, because they see other women doing it so they find courage (the power of example is huge) and they do it too.
My question for you is: how many men, do you think, would opt for plastic surgery if the examples amongst them were more promoted?
Though I assure you that the market is full of wonder pills that promise larger penises (guess for who :smirk:), mighty and longer lasting erections and the like. Now my suspicion is that, if there wasn't any demand, those pills would simply stop being commercialized. True of false? :strokebeard:

Quote:

I knew this post would get me in a load of shit so instead of it being a complete failure and arguing about sexism, would you agree that there is a difference between the way the male and female Ego evolve in regards to society?

You got into a load of shit? :what:
Could it be your hurt ego talking here? :smirk:
I suggest that you read the forum rules once again and then maybe you'll find out why your ideas are being so attacked: because they lack of any substantiation. Because you come with erroneous data and you're unable to sustain your points.
Then you see that what you said might not be working and you say: would you agree that there is a difference between the way the male and female Ego evolve in regards to society? As we all know, this is a redundant question, because the answer is more then obvious: yes there is a difference. However, this doesn't prove that women don't enjoy hallucinogens as much as men. :sorry:

Quote:

I.E. knowing you are good at math when math itself may very well be an illusion. You know you are better at than illusion than others.

Please come back to planet earth and make logical statements.

Quote:

Why are women no longer proud of being stay at home mothers? I consider that a very difficult career choice, but instead this is frowned upon today.

Ummm, because staying at home and being mothers was socially imposed? Because they had little to no choice in doing otherwise?
How is it any different that other political or religious revolts?
Why don't we all live a religious life like back in the days? Why don't we burn our scientists anymore?

Quote:

I am just saying that more males are aware of this than more females.

And still you don;t bring ANY kind of evidence to sustain that?
Repeating this endlessly doesn't make it more valid. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Too often I hear of wives beating their husbands and females jumping to the conclusion, "he probably deserved it."

Can you say that again?
How many women beat their husbands compared to husbands beating their wives?
Your "points" are getting more and more ridiculous.

Quote:

The women's movement is still a relatively fresh part of history and I feel that many females are still caught up in it.

Its only a matter of time before all the other females on this site band together and take me down. :grin:

And of course, this HAS to be because their egos are crying.
Take a look at this thread again and you'll see that there are also plenty of men which disagree with what you say. Could it be because you really don't make any sense? :shocked:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7689161 - 11/28/07 03:27 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i get what you're saying OP.

i checked around the web.

found a bunch of data saying more men do drugs (including hallucinagens) than women. thats a good starting point.

if you really care i would reccommend trying to find more data. i'm sure if you looked hard enough, and you were correct you would find something like even though more men do hallucinagens, there is an equal number that report overdose at hospital or something like that.

or try and find old dose response studies, i think they kept track of negative and positives at each dose level.

you initial idea seems kind of intuitively appealing to me, i'm sorry so many people are trying to bring the hammer down you on you.

i hope you find some evidence that shows that you at least MIGHT be right statistically speaking. (won't matter, they won't listen anyways)

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7689501 - 11/28/07 08:37 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Women are more emotional than men. FACT. "We understand people, blah blah, blah." Hear it all the time. So you can't deny it now. Women associate with emotion better than men.

So then does emotional impulse cloud one's decision making? That instead of acting upon fact, you act upon impulse? PMS anyone? You are prone to meeting each others emotional needs rather than realistic ones.

Admittedly men's decision making is clouded by his inability to associate as well with emotion. He is realistic rather than idealistic, even though an idealistic world is better (i.e. Red Cross)

So these two differences lead to different reactions to the same situation. The question is what kind of decisions are incorrectly made through emotional reasoning and which are incorrectly made through factual reasoning?

What activities are affected by these traits? When is it better to be idealistic and when is it better to be realistic?

--------------------

Edited by mikebart101 (11/28/07 08:38 AM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7689626 - 11/28/07 09:22 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Women are more emotional than men. FACT. "We understand people, blah blah, blah." Hear it all the time. So you can't deny it now. Women associate with emotion better than men.

You can't be serious and think that this can represent any form of substantiation of your statements. :smirk:
It is ridiculous, immature and not worth taken into any further discussion.
Next time do your homework or just refrain yourself with making such ridiculous replies. :thumbdown:
Also, I posed a lot of contra arguments in my other reply to you, to which you showed no interest in clarifying. Do that first because these are issues that directly concern the subject.

Quote:

So then does emotional impulse cloud one's decision making? That instead of acting upon fact, you act upon impulse? PMS anyone? You are prone to meeting each others emotional needs rather than realistic ones.

What is that?
Now you're trying to say that it's because of the PMS that women don't enjoy psychedelics?
Please tell me what you know about PMS, how it influences women's thinking and acting, what are the "emotional needs" and what are the "real needs"?

Quote:

Admittedly men's decision making is clouded by his inability to associate as well with emotion. He is realistic rather than idealistic, even though an idealistic world is better (i.e. Red Cross)

Ok so let's get this straight:
Men are superior and more rational and live a more efficient life than women and that's also why they love to trip more.
Women are driven by emotion and can't make rational choices, they live in an idealistic world and that's why they don't like psychedelics.
BUT, all in all, an idealistic world is better.
Tell me the logical relation between those statements, which all re the fruits of your "reasoning".

Quote:

So these two differences lead to different reactions to the same situation. The question is what kind of decisions are incorrectly made through emotional reasoning and which are incorrectly made through factual reasoning?

you have yet to prove that women in general are more emotionally unstable than men.
And I want facts, not an emotional response like the one you just gave right now. :smirk:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7689712 - 11/28/07 10:03 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Your beliefs are showing, and I would say yours sound threatened here. Especially the "dangerously large" statement. Men have the most fragile egos IMO and are most fear driven of the two.

I know lots of women who like to trip. Maybe women don't like to hang out with you.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (11/28/07 10:05 AM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Icelander]
    #7689716 - 11/28/07 10:04 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Maybe women don't like to hang out with you.

:lol:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #7689744 - 11/28/07 10:14 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't read the rest of this thread yet...

But saying that "females have large, dangerously large, fragile Egos" is a little generalist, don't you think? You could just as easily say the same thing about men...that they have large Egos and as a result don't like hallucinogens.

Neither approach is right, however. There are some females that do not have out of control Egos, and as a result enjoy hallucinogens (my gf is one of them). Just as some males have huge Egos and as a result hate taking hallucinogens.

Just because the ratio may be different (guys who like tripping > girls who like tripping) doesn't mean it is only a male or female thing.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisibleadrug

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: trendal]
    #7689928 - 11/28/07 11:09 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I think someone just has his own issues with the female gender. Obviously he doesn't look at us as human beings. Just fragile, emotionally-driven egomaniacs.

:rolleyes:

InvisibleBIGSWANG
oakridge gang, beotch
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Iwishanigga woods
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: adrug]
    #7689952 - 11/28/07 11:20 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

:iloveyou:

--------------------
Admin Edit: Your signiture is inappropriate and has been removed.  Do not harass other members in your signiture.  Also refrain from posting links to scat pornography.  If I see anything like that here again, you will be banned.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#7690005 - 11/28/07 11:31 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Nietzsche said that the ideas of any given philosopher reflected more on them and thier personal issues and challenges, than on reality itself. This is clearly the case here. At least philosophers give well considered arguments. :smirk:

Invisibleelbisivni
    #7690092 - 11/28/07 11:46 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I think it's pretty hard to find people to trip with these days. I have no other days to compare too but I imagine the difficulty is the result of factors relating to both the person (us) and the society (them).

Assuming Mikebart is formulating this argument based on his experience, I'd guess that he just hasn't found any girls that like to trip or hasn't found any that can deal with it.

I have no experience turning guys onto psychedelics so I fail to procure a control group but in my experience of turning girls onto psychedelics there have been many difficult experiences that usually seemed to revolve around a loss of self-control. But the same girls had no qualms in losing control by means of alcohol.

What's socially acceptable, what's not?

Furthermore, there have been a couple that dealt quite well which supports the idea that psychedelics are for some people and not others. Simple as that.

But I don't think there in any sexism is asking these questions. Perhaps a misunderstanding, but how can anyone provide remedies while they're too busy throwing stones? There are many interesting questions and observations that relate to the psyches of individual sexes or races, prompting such questions doesn't necessarily make one sexist nor racist and can just be the result of an interest in the development of another individuals mind based on their experiences that of course have relation to their age, sex, race, culture, religion etc. We're all built in one way or another.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #7690099 - 11/28/07 11:48 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Both men AND women are driven to conform to societal expectations.  We evolved as tribes, and our inclusion or exclusion was a matter of life or death.  This behavior is hard-wired, though the expression will vary depending upon what is deemed acceptable by our particular society during the era in which we come of age.

Men AND women are also both driven to establish themselves as individuals, particularly American men and women.  We all want to be special, important, unique and remarkable, but our hard-wired desire for acceptance limits our pursuit of individual achievement.

Within each human, the push-pull of acceptance and individuation creates a personalized performance (also called Ego), and, while this is certainly influenced by current acceptable gender roles, it is not defined by these roles.

Generalizations such as "women are more emotional" or "men are more violent" do not accurately describe the ego structure of a particular man or a particular woman.  Pushing these generalizations as FACT is erroneous and (IMO) damaging.  Why perpetuate these absurd and limiting myths?

Let's talk about being human.  This is what feminism (not victimism, which is often erroneously called feminism) is really about--freedom from assigned gender roles, freedom from social censure for being oneself, and establishing social and legal support for self-determination by BOTH sexes.

Some humans are afraid of taking hallucinogenic drugs.  They want to be in control of their perceptions and actions, and they may have been brainwashed by anti-drug propaganda.  Some humans, myself included, are interested in exploring innerspace, and will utilize any tools they deem worthwhile.

No need to throw stones at one another...we've all been bruised and battered enough by our desperate attempts to resolve the push-pull conflict within ourselves.  I'd rather look for commonalities and connections.
:heart:

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Veritas]
    #7690125 - 11/28/07 11:52 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Funny how our posts resemble one another's :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: elbisivni]
    #7690134 - 11/28/07 11:54 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, you'd think that we had more than one chromosome in common!  :wink:

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Veritas]
    #7690300 - 11/28/07 12:20 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

MikeBart, you keep trying to justify your chauvinism with statements like
"women don't meet each other's realistic needs, just emotional needs"
"PMS anyone?"
And et cetera. Your statements about the female sex are incoherent and have no real logic behind them. Your attempt to explain the special societal pressure applied to women relates to men too, and other than that it's just sexist assumptions about expectations and self-worth.

Men and women are different, to some extent. This is obvious. But you are not so much addressing the ways that they ARE different as you are addressing the differences in appearance colored by your own nonsensical interpretations. But as has been said before, if either sex has a "more fragile" ego, it would have to be men.

There are men who don't trip just like there are women who don't trip. There probably are more male trippers, as there are more male drug-users in general. It doesn't really reflect on the female gender in any way, except that our culture tends to shelter girls a bit more than boys.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (11/28/07 12:26 PM)

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #7690504 - 11/28/07 01:09 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

wow, I skipped the last part of this thread, but please don't forget about these 'bad' hormones testosterone and estrogen, which are only the main players, which have so damned much influence on our mind and that's not sociologically, but physical animal evolutionary :wink:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

#7690518 - 11/28/07 01:14 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

elbisivni said:

Assuming Mikebart is formulating this argument based on his experience, I'd guess that he just hasn't found any girls that like to trip or hasn't found any that can deal with it.

I have met a few females that do in fact enjoy tripping but they enjoy it like alcohol, just like you stated. They turn into three year olds.

And there is definately some bias here when presenting ideas based on sex. Most of the males here have become more emotional as a result of consuming phycedelics and the only women on this forum are going to be ones that enjoy hallucinogens.

Scenario:

Your best friend comes to your door crying. His/her sex does not matter.

Would you ask them what happened first or would you imediately comfort them physically by giving them a hug and then ask what happened.

Take into account you have no idea why they are crying.

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

#7690566 - 11/28/07 01:30 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I would give them a hug and comfort them and ask what was going on. Sex doesn't really matter, if somebody's crying something's got to be wrong.

I've seen men that take hallucinogens so they can run around and see wacky visuals. They enjoy it like alcohol, turning into three year olds with overactive imaginations. There are some who take it and become thoughtful and introspective. The exact same applies to women.

Your "observations" on gender are pretty skewed.

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#7690622 - 11/28/07 01:41 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I think your problem is that your friends are stupid, immature and out of touch with themselves. Or at least trying them in a shitty context - maybe trying to prove themselves to a bunch of macho dudes. This does not reflect on thier gender as a whole.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #7692255 - 11/28/07 07:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Wow... this is a dumb thread.

Chicks dig hallucinogens.

It may not seem like it if you spend too much time on these boards, but they do.

Many women don't hang out at The Shroomery because of the OTD, ADD, alpha-male, chest-thumping nature of this community.

In conclusion: It is a scientific fact that most hippie chicks dig shrooms more than they dig The Shroomery.

Next thread... PLEASE.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (11/28/07 07:32 PM)

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

Loc: The Border of Reality
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Rose]
    #7692456 - 11/28/07 08:09 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

An interesting bit of info here:

Since Salvia is mostly legal and available, I chose it for studying on Erowid.

35/925 trips are bad for males ~ 1/26

7/59 trips are bad for females ~ 1/8

This is based on the ratio of "Bad Trips" to total trip reports.

I have my own ideas to explain the difference, but I'd like to hear other people.

--------------------
nystagmus dopamine guru inverted pop culture love scars of sorrow fleshy synesthesia hippie farts perpetual tinnitus
Reclaim the Swastika!

Invisibleadrug

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Compass]
    #7692473 - 11/28/07 08:11 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Here's a semi-recent thread about that very subject. Not a very well designed poll though, I'm afraid.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7495274#Post7495274

Free sVs!
Female

#7692503 - 11/28/07 08:17 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Compass said:
An interesting bit of info here:

Since Salvia is mostly legal and available, I chose it for studying on Erowid.

35/925 trips are bad for males ~ 1/26

7/59 trips are bad for females ~ 1/8

This is based on the ratio of "Bad Trips" to total trip reports.

I have my own ideas to explain the difference, but I'd like to hear other people.

I imagine the threshold for the definition of a "bad trip" is probably higher for men. I see a lot of guys do enough drugs to get so fucked up that they're puking and obviously not that comfortable but wind up saying they had a wicked fun time anyway, and women don't seem to be quite as tolerant of this type of discomfort. That is to say, neither gender is actually having worse trips, just that women might be more likely to call their trip bad after the fact. In this case we come back to the age-old observation that men are encouraged from an early age to be stoic, while women are encouraged to be expressive.

That having been said, I have a really cautious approach to drugs and avoid as much discomfort as possible, so according to what I just said I'm more female than male.

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

#7692567 - 11/28/07 08:38 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
nystagmus dopamine guru inverted pop culture love scars of sorrow fleshy synesthesia hippie farts perpetual tinnitus
Reclaim the Swastika!

Invisibleadrug

#7692591 - 11/28/07 08:43 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

That thread was much less coherent than this one. heh

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

#7692636 - 11/28/07 08:51 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Shroom reports on erowid

male = 101/1037 bad trips ~ 1/10

female = 23/143 ~ 1/6

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

#7692706 - 11/28/07 09:03 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Cannabis

male = 80/823 ~ 1/10

female = 19/138 ~ 1/7

Free sVs!
Female

#7692714 - 11/28/07 09:05 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

What about good old Lucy?

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#7692715 - 11/28/07 09:05 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I imagine the threshold for the definition of a "bad trip" is probably higher for men. I see a lot of guys do enough drugs to get so fucked up that they're puking and obviously not that comfortable but wind up saying they had a wicked fun time anyway, and women don't seem to be quite as tolerant of this type of discomfort. That is to say, neither gender is actually having worse trips, just that women might be more likely to call their trip bad after the fact. In this case we come back to the age-old observation that men are encouraged from an early age to be stoic, while women are encouraged to be expressive.

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7692742 - 11/28/07 09:13 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

LSD

male = 81/620 ~ 1/8

female = 17/99 ~ 1/6

Free sVs!
Female

#7692753 - 11/28/07 09:16 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, that's funny... acid is more likely than mushrooms to give men but not women bad trips.

Shrooms tend to amplify my anxieties (and correspondingly, natural euphorias) far more than LSD, which leaves my emotional state more or less as-is most of the time.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (11/28/07 09:17 PM)

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

#7692757 - 11/28/07 09:16 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

It's an ok theory, but since each individual defines "good" and "bad", you are effectively admitting to females having more "bad" trips.

A true "bad trip" is almost unmistakable.

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

#7692776 - 11/28/07 09:22 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I like the facts.

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

#7692830 - 11/28/07 09:38 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Though the statistics do show more bad trips from females, it is not by a substantial margin. Except for salvia. That's pretty weird, I have a female friend who smoked some salvia and it was literally like E for her... and I haven't smoked it in months because the last time I did I felt like my skull was falling apart.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (11/28/07 09:39 PM)

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Sex [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7692850 - 11/28/07 09:43 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

salvia was like mdma for her? how long did it last?

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Sex [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #7692860 - 11/28/07 09:46 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Half an hour, then she crashed and went to sleep. I wish salvia was like that for me. I suspect she didn't get a very big dose and just got a bit high rather than experiencing a full-blown trip, but who knows, salvia's a pretty unpredictable drug.

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7692864 - 11/28/07 09:47 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

What I find interesting is how few female salvia trip reports there are.

All the other substances have female reports at greater than 1/10 the male reports.

But for salvia, it's less than 1/15.

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

#7692874 - 11/28/07 09:51 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

It has to do with the female Ego and their inability to give up control of their environment. Men have just evolved and deal with it rather than fighting the evil opposite. Simple explanation. HAHA

I'm kidding people. Chill

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

#7692881 - 11/28/07 09:54 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflinePandora
Mistress
Female

Loc: Hawai'i
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Sex [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #7692901 - 11/28/07 09:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, I missed this thread for WAY too long but I need to put in my two cents.
First, since you like facts mikebart; the definition of sexism:
sex·ism (sěk'sĭz'əm) n.

1. Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender
I'm sorry, but you ABSOLUTELY made a generalization about women based on stereotypes of the women you know or have seen, either with psychedelics or not.
Believe it or not, I don't want to bash you. I think your idea has merit, based on the wrong principles. If you took a group of 500 men and 500 women, perhaps your opinion would seem correct, that less women than men enjoy tripping. However, the fact that you base it so loosely on womens' egos is where your argument falls short.
I am a feminist. I am emotional. I am strong and logical. None of the adjectives I used about myself were in opposition to each other. What makes women unique is the ability to take all aspects of their personality and utilize them at the opportune moment. Had you taken facts or statistics, my tune would be the opposite, and I would support you. But you used your opinion of women and their egos, and men and what you know of being male, and tried to apply it to the masses.
BUT - before you say I DID intend to bash you here - If your theory could be substantiated, I would think it would be related to womens' oppression (since the evolution of cognition) and more so the association of losing ones ego with a vulnerability which plagues women today. Generally men are physically stronger than women, and therefore have less doubt, insecurities, and fears of things which they cannot foresee the outcome.
By the way, nice to see another fem, NiamhNyx

--------------------
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them" - Joseph Brodsky

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Sex [Re: Pandora]
    #7692924 - 11/28/07 10:03 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

hmmm interesting :strokebeard:

Invisibleelbisivni
    #7693333 - 11/29/07 12:19 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Wow... this is a dumb thread.

Chicks dig hallucinogens.

It may not seem like it if you spend too much time on these boards, but they do.

Many women don't hang out at The Shroomery because of the OTD, ADD, alpha-male, chest-thumping nature of this community.

In conclusion: It is a scientific fact that most hippie chicks dig shrooms more than they dig The Shroomery.

Next thread... PLEASE.

:ilold:

--------------------

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

#7693568 - 11/29/07 02:36 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Finally a female that adds some input to the matter. Thanks Pandora (seriously).

Interesting point about knowing one's strength and how it leads to different ego in the opposite sexes.

--------------------

Edited by mikebart101 (11/29/07 02:52 AM)

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #7693572 - 11/29/07 02:38 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

even though it may not be super scientific, now that we got some statistics i'm wondering how people responses to what you said are going to change.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #7693606 - 11/29/07 03:14 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Huh.  I love getting my ego crushed by a strong psychedelic experience.  I am biologically female.  I love tripping on shrooms or acid, probably shrooms more though.  I've tripped with both men and women on a frequent basis and the freakout ratio is pretty much dead-even.  I've seen men lose it, and I've seen women lose it.  But both sexes seem to appreciate their experience and "losing it" afterwards and don't consider them "bad trips."  I usually trip with cool people who enjoy psychedelics, female and male.  I wouldn't go by what you read on the Shroomery to make your call about whether or not men or women "freak out" more easily on psychedelics, or which sex enjoys them more.  I agree with Cervantes that most women DO NOT frequent the internet as much as men do, particularly on a male dominated site like this. 

I could go for a trip right now, actually.

Hope you find some trippy girls.  They're everywhere, in my experience, sorry you haven't met any you could trip with.  :psychsplit:

OfflineFrenziedTortoise
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: MOTH]
    #7693672 - 11/29/07 05:26 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I think a lot of people have already hit the nail on the head with this one: females are generally more risk averse than men. Before anyone jumps on the "you're making stereotypical generalizations" bandwagon, it should be noted that NOTHING can be said of societal trends without generalizing, and pointing out this exception or that is pretty futile, particularly when the trend appears to be statistically demonstrable.

Evolutionary pressures have obvious significance here: in the early stages of human evolution women were required to play it safe during the gestation period and the early term of the offspring's life (ie, during breast feeding) or risk loosing their babies. Hence, those women born with an inherent bent for risk taking would consequently increase their embryos/babies chances of fatality, and thereby decrease the likelihood that their risk taking genetic makeup would be successful in the gene pool.

However, the idea that a sex's affinity for taking risks affects their proclivity toward psychs doesn't account for the bad trip ratios that have been posted. It does seem that females are more prone to bad trips than men by a small degree, but why? I don't think the ego argument really works that well, simply because I think females have less defined egos than males. Being insecure, for instance, seems to me like a lack of ego definition, not the inverse.

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#7694375 - 11/29/07 10:49 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Men are more likely to seek out the psychedelic experience, but often not for particularly intelligent reasons. If women have bad trips at a higher rate than men, it's because of social conditioning and is nothing to do with female nature.

Anyone more knowledgable than me feel free to correct me, but as far as I'm aware, in the majority of shamanic cultures, female shamans were just as common as male ones. In many ways, I think certain aspects of the psychedelic experience would be easier to handle for women, since ego death and softening of oneself play hell with male concepts of machismo.

MOTH made a very good point in that women use the internet in general, and forums in particular far less than men do. Therefore, places like the Shroomery, if taken as one's only source, hugely distort the ratio of male to female trippers. In general, insecure people are more likely to have a bad trip, and if more women than men are insecure it's a result of social conditioning, not female nature.

And there you have it. A long-winded post that doesn't actually make any points.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Invisibleadrug

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Sex [Re: Pandora]
    #7694510 - 11/29/07 11:44 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pandora said:
Ok, I missed this thread for WAY too long but I need to put in my two cents.
First, since you like facts mikebart; the definition of sexism:
sex·ism (sěk'sĭz'əm) n.

1. Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender
I'm sorry, but you ABSOLUTELY made a generalization about women based on stereotypes of the women you know or have seen, either with psychedelics or not.
Believe it or not, I don't want to bash you. I think your idea has merit, based on the wrong principles. If you took a group of 500 men and 500 women, perhaps your opinion would seem correct, that less women than men enjoy tripping. However, the fact that you base it so loosely on womens' egos is where your argument falls short.
I am a feminist. I am emotional. I am strong and logical. None of the adjectives I used about myself were in opposition to each other. What makes women unique is the ability to take all aspects of their personality and utilize them at the opportune moment. Had you taken facts or statistics, my tune would be the opposite, and I would support you. But you used your opinion of women and their egos, and men and what you know of being male, and tried to apply it to the masses.
BUT - before you say I DID intend to bash you here - If your theory could be substantiated, I would think it would be related to womens' oppression (since the evolution of cognition) and more so the association of losing ones ego with a vulnerability which plagues women today. Generally men are physically stronger than women, and therefore have less doubt, insecurities, and fears of things which they cannot foresee the outcome.
By the way, nice to see another fem, NiamhNyx

Great post.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: MOTH]
    #7694753 - 11/29/07 01:02 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Always good to see you, Ellemysh. :smile:

I'd trip with you again, any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: FrenziedTortoise]
    #7694785 - 11/29/07 01:11 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

women were required to play it safe during the gestation period and the early term of the offspring's life (ie, during breast feeding) or risk loosing their babies.

Four days ago OC wrote: "'Than', people. 'Then' is a conditional. 'Than' is comparative. Thus ends Shmoopy's grammar lesson for today. Next week we shall cover 'loose' (ill-fitting) vs. 'lose' (not winning). "

Make sure you are in class.

--------------------

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #7694868 - 11/29/07 01:31 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i think this is a very intersting concept, and I tend to agree with your assumptions, although I wouldn't consider it a universal law or anything

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisibleelbisivni
    #7695119 - 11/29/07 02:47 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

women were required to play it safe during the gestation period and the early term of the offspring's life (ie, during breast feeding) or risk loosing their babies.

Four days ago OC wrote: "'Than', people. 'Then' is a conditional. 'Than' is comparative. Thus ends Shmoopy's grammar lesson for today. Next week we shall cover 'loose' (ill-fitting) vs. 'lose' (not winning). "

Hahaha no just kidding, you go ahead and do whatever you must to support your superiority complex :grin:

--------------------

Edited by elbisivni (11/29/07 06:12 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #7696605 - 11/29/07 07:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Always good to see you, Ellemysh. :smile:

I'd trip with you again, any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Same here, man!  I'm not so far away now.  I became a New Englander about a year or so ago. :grin: Pretty amazing change.

Free sVs!
Female

#7696625 - 11/29/07 08:05 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

This picture rules. :laugh:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (11/29/07 08:06 PM)

OfflineFrenziedTortoise
    #7697537 - 11/30/07 02:40 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

I'll be there... front row centre. Well spotted :wink:

Edited by FrenziedTortoise (11/30/07 02:43 AM)

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#7697581 - 11/30/07 03:36 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

In my experience the only ones who complain are those who are afraid to learn or proud of their ignorance.

--------------------

Invisibleelbisivni
    #7698303 - 11/30/07 10:38 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

And you weren't complaining that somebody couldn't use "then" and "than" correctly?

Give me a break, it's an internet forum where people type their thoughts, not publishable articles. It has nothing to do with fear of learning or pride in ignorance. We're talking about the difference between "then" and "than" not one of life's mysteries.

If you're going to write a statement like that and believe it actually applies here than you'd be inadvertently taking pride in your ignorance.

--------------------

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
    #7698349 - 11/30/07 10:56 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

this thread sucks.
i know women who love to trip.

i semi-read your post and it sounds like you're referring to barbie dolls. Those girls are pretty much useless, except for one thing.. busting a load.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7698371 - 11/30/07 11:02 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Please stick to the topic folks.

Feel free to start a new thread about the importance of grammar in philosophical discourse.

I have a confession: In 15 years of traveling, I've never tripped with a woman. Pretty lame, I know.

I really hope that changes in the near future...

I've been with girls when they were but I wasn't and vise versa. :shrug:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#7698393 - 11/30/07 11:08 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:

I have a confession: In 15 years of traveling, I've never tripped with a woman. Pretty lame, I know.

:shrug:

Use the force Luke.

--------------------

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

#7698413 - 11/30/07 11:11 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

elbisivni said:
And you weren't complaining that somebody couldn't use "then" and "than" correctly?

Give me a break, it's an internet forum where people type their thoughts, not publishable articles.  It has nothing to do with fear of learning or pride in ignorance.  We're talking about the difference between "then" and "than" not one of life's mysteries.

If you're going to write a statement like that and believe it actually applies here than you'd be inadvertently taking pride in your ignorance.

Heh, actions speak louder than words, right? Except here, our actions are expressed in words so it follows that on the Shroomery WORDS ARE LOUDER THAN WORDS.

USE YOUR WORDS RIGHTLY! :lecture:

Edit: Sorry Middleman, didn't see the warning before I posted this...no more.

Edited by slackophage (11/30/07 11:14 AM)

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: slackophage]
    #7698428 - 11/30/07 11:16 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

No prob, thanks. :kittyeagle:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#7700347 - 11/30/07 06:42 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:

I heard somewhere that Timothy Leary liked to have both a female and a male guide present for group trips... and he had a female voice speaking with him on many of his guided trip LP's.

The feminine and the masculine... concepts worth pondering while tripping.

I think it is important for psychonauts to trip with both sexes.

And sex WHILE tripping? That is best left for another thread. Let's just say, the ego isn't the only thing that bursts. :thumbup:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleelbisivni
    #7700445 - 11/30/07 07:11 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Let's just say, the ego isn't the only thing that bursts. :thumbup:

:nonono:

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#7700449 - 11/30/07 07:12 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

:smile:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #7700655 - 11/30/07 08:11 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

whats the other thing

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: sleepy]
    #7700851 - 11/30/07 09:13 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

If you don't know... I ain't sayin'.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinePandora
Mistress
Female

Loc: Hawai'i
    #7708249 - 12/02/07 08:12 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:
Please stick to the topic folks.

Feel free to start a new thread about the importance of grammar in philosophical discourse.

Why haven't you tripped with women?

--------------------
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them" - Joseph Brodsky

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: badreligion2good]
    #7709611 - 12/03/07 03:42 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Mikebart,

I think what you are saying is that societal values for women have become Narcissistic. Narcissism is usually related to an exagerrated self-esteem to compensate for insecurity.

Are women actually more narcissistic? Many of the ones I know are, and my last gf was probobly the most narcissistic person I have ever met. However, if I was a woman I could probobly point you in the same direction towards narcissistic males. I also know some amazing women who are very down to earth. I think the more top heavy someone is the less stable.

I think you might better explain the gender gap in psychedelic use with importance of social structure and connection among women. They are probobly less likely to do something that is outside of the norm, illegal or introverted in nature unless they are feeling really impulsive. It's kind of like how alot of my male freinds don't smoke or trip anymore because they are married and have careers. Social connectivity often means higher degrees of conformity and more extraverted past times.

It might also mean that males and females trip for different reasons and thus have different outcomes. It might be more acceptable for a man to trip for very independent or solitary reasons, however a woman doing the same thing might be more of a risk taker, in need of identity or validation or less stable. I'm sure SOMETIMES this happens.

In a culture where psychedelics were not considered deviant or isolating you would probobly see less difference both qualitatively and quantitatively.

My own experience has not really substantiated your claim. My main trip partner was female, although pretty un-feminine. I see alot of girls trip. Many do it more to have fun, fit in or be rebelious, like alcohol, though I have known some very wise ones who really know what they were doing. These are only very general observations and I don't pretend to know THAT many people who trip.

BTW, if there is any truth to this I think much of it is cultural rather than biological.

Edited by Divided_Sky (12/03/07 04:27 AM)

Offlinenub2gromush
schmoozin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Behind You Flag
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #12338484 - 04/05/10 09:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Wow!  So the guy can't get a girl to trip with him, and he wants to vent.  Big deal. The "truth", or validity of his statements are without a doubt only "truth" in the eye of the beholder. I can understand agreement or disagreement, but the need for everyone to spill their own "scientific" or "philosophical" data out there?  Maybe we can see it for what it is (an angry rant) and try to give him reason it isn't true, rather than trying to shove our own self-righteous feminist, or "brown nose the ladies cuz we don't see them on threads too often" bullshit!  Whatever happened to being human?  Yeah HUMAN!  sexual preference, organs, or hormones aside,  his life experience, is his. Yours, is yours......So who's right?  Why the label? either way opinion is opinion, and I love all of you!

--------------------
Anything I say CAN, and WILL be held against me in a court of law.

CHECK IT OUT!

My Living Mushroom Journal

MY ULTIMATE GOALAnthropology Major

InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: nub2gromush]
    #12338572 - 04/05/10 09:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Yet some of them in central Africa have dangerously large spears, careful with the generalizations.

Offlinenub2gromush
schmoozin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Behind You Flag
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Arden]
    #12338699 - 04/05/10 09:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

RETRACTION___------____--------
" So the guy can't get a girl to trip with him"  I apologize, very tired ,  ahem  So the guy had bad experiences with women.

Really in all fairness............Sex or Gender(which are two different things) do not determine drug preference. Furthermore, one's opinion and reaction to the opposite sex are subjective, and culturally determined. Generalizing is the only way to speak or refer to a specific sex. Females are a sex of a species. Males are a sex of a species. traits, hormones, mannerisms, blah,blah, blah. Can we agree on that? 
  Any one's opinion, is their opinion.  So, accordingly,  everyone is RIGHT! YAY!!  Bong rips for everybody!    Are we here to argue?  I'm not sure, I am new around here and I don't want to offend, belittle, or break thread rules, and if I did, I do apologize. People are so angry, especially with the opposite sex! I love you all my brothers and sisters of the earth.

--------------------
Anything I say CAN, and WILL be held against me in a court of law.

CHECK IT OUT!

My Living Mushroom Journal

MY ULTIMATE GOALAnthropology Major

Offlinetrishraymond
Stranger
Female

Loc: PNW
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: nub2gromush]
    #12338781 - 04/05/10 09:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

What the shit is OP talking about? Generalizing that girls don't like to trip? I don't know any girls who don't love to trip.

However, I do know a lot of girls who try to hang with the guys and pretend they have more "guys" friends because for the life of them they just cant get a long with girls... and well I have my own opinions and generalizations about these girls that I'll keep to my self. Thanks for sharing, but bad assumptions.  :nonono:

--------------------

Everything I post is a lie

InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: trishraymond]
    #12338807 - 04/05/10 09:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Beyond all of the nit-picky philosophizing about the specifics, I would have to agree with RP that most [insert descriptive cultural prefix-]females are uncomfortable with the psychedelic experience. It's unnerving for everyone, but I'm sure with a few physiological stress response tests we can demonstrate they're more sensitive.

Offlineklopi123
Littlest shroom
Female User Gallery

Loc: canada Flag
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Arden]
    #12342845 - 04/06/10 02:51 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I just wanted to say that I'm a girl and i LOVE hallucinogens. And every girl i know loves to trip. Maybe your just hanging out with the wrong girls.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: klopi123]
    #12342936 - 04/06/10 03:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe, but I got to ask how many of your GFs take mega doses and/or do solo tripping. Taking a hit or two is 101 and most anyone will just have a very controllable tripping experience.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#12342986 - 04/06/10 03:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

And, most importantly, how many of your gfs put out? :naughty:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #12343025 - 04/06/10 03:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Why you t_____ l_____ s___!:heart:

--------------------

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Icelander]
    #12343626 - 04/06/10 05:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Offlineklopi123
Littlest shroom
Female User Gallery

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: elbisivni]
    #12348252 - 04/07/10 12:12 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

We would did shit loads, 10 hits at a time. Or big fat shrooms the size of your fist... your so fucking high you cant even walk.

And no we did not put out it was more about the experience. We liked to chill out to music or run around in nature.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#12348287 - 04/07/10 12:16 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Putting out is an experience too.  :whoa:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineNymphaea
Money-less Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten Flag
    #12348336 - 04/07/10 12:22 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mikebart101 said:

I think one what we can get from the OP's observation is that social conditioning can have a dramatic effect on if one enjoys psychedelics.  The OP seems to say that in American culture (or whatever culture he is from) the female's gender roles cause them to be less susceptible to the psychedelics. 

I would say that there aren't really many differences between males and females without the social condition, and so to say females or males are more likely to do this or that in this or that culture is not sexist as long as you understand that it all has to do with how we are conditioned.

--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:

Plant Trees

Offlineklopi123
Littlest shroom
Female User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Nymphaea]
    #12348384 - 04/07/10 12:30 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

When i tripped with guys i noticed it was harder for them to relax and just enjoy the high, they had a tendency to over think things.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: klopi123] * 3
    #12348390 - 04/07/10 12:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't read the thread but I'm sure it was filled with excessive generalizations and sexism.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: deCypher]
    #12348414 - 04/07/10 12:35 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Cypher said:
I didn't read the thread but I'm sure it was filled with excessive generalizations and sexism.

:thumbup:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12348418 - 04/07/10 12:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Cypher said:
I didn't read the thread but I'm sure it was filled with sexcessive generalizations and sexism.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Poid]
    #12348420 - 04/07/10 12:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

sexcellent response

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: deCypher]
    #12348431 - 04/07/10 12:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It's what you've come to sexpect from me! :wink:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#12348668 - 04/07/10 01:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

clop123 said:
We would did shit loads, 10 hits at a time. Or big fat shrooms the size of your fist... your so fucking high you cant even walk.

And no we did not put out it was more about the experience. We liked to chill out to music or run around in nature.

Interesting. Maybe things have changed since my day or your little group may be an anomaly.

--------------------

Offlinetrishraymond
Stranger
Female

Loc: PNW
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12349310 - 04/07/10 02:47 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Cypher said:

:thumbup:

--------------------

Everything I post is a lie

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: trishraymond]
    #12349361 - 04/07/10 02:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

And your point is...?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals