Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: badreligion2good]
    #7709611 - 12/03/07 03:42 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Mikebart,

I think what you are saying is that societal values for women have become Narcissistic. Narcissism is usually related to an exagerrated self-esteem to compensate for insecurity.

Are women actually more narcissistic? Many of the ones I know are, and my last gf was probobly the most narcissistic person I have ever met. However, if I was a woman I could probobly point you in the same direction towards narcissistic males. I also know some amazing women who are very down to earth. I think the more top heavy someone is the less stable.

I think you might better explain the gender gap in psychedelic use with importance of social structure and connection among women. They are probobly less likely to do something that is outside of the norm, illegal or introverted in nature unless they are feeling really impulsive. It's kind of like how alot of my male freinds don't smoke or trip anymore because they are married and have careers. Social connectivity often means higher degrees of conformity and more extraverted past times.

It might also mean that males and females trip for different reasons and thus have different outcomes. It might be more acceptable for a man to trip for very independent or solitary reasons, however a woman doing the same thing might be more of a risk taker, in need of identity or validation or less stable. I'm sure SOMETIMES this happens.

In a culture where psychedelics were not considered deviant or isolating you would probobly see less difference both qualitatively and quantitatively.

My own experience has not really substantiated your claim. My main trip partner was female, although pretty un-feminine. I see alot of girls trip. Many do it more to have fun, fit in or be rebelious, like alcohol, though I have known some very wise ones who really know what they were doing. These are only very general observations and I don't pretend to know THAT many people who trip.

BTW, if there is any truth to this I think much of it is cultural rather than biological.

Edited by Divided_Sky (12/03/07 04:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenub2gromush
schmoozin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Behind You Flag
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #12338484 - 04/05/10 09:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Wow!  So the guy can't get a girl to trip with him, and he wants to vent.  Big deal. The "truth", or validity of his statements are without a doubt only "truth" in the eye of the beholder. I can understand agreement or disagreement, but the need for everyone to spill their own "scientific" or "philosophical" data out there?  Maybe we can see it for what it is (an angry rant) and try to give him reason it isn't true, rather than trying to shove our own self-righteous feminist, or "brown nose the ladies cuz we don't see them on threads too often" bullshit!  Whatever happened to being human?  Yeah HUMAN!  sexual preference, organs, or hormones aside,  his life experience, is his. Yours, is yours......So who's right?  Why the label? either way opinion is opinion, and I love all of you!

--------------------
Anything I say CAN, and WILL be held against me in a court of law.

CHECK IT OUT!

My Living Mushroom Journal

MY ULTIMATE GOALAnthropology Major

InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: nub2gromush]
    #12338572 - 04/05/10 09:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Females have large, dangerously large, fragile Egos.

Yet some of them in central Africa have dangerously large spears, careful with the generalizations.

Offlinenub2gromush
schmoozin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Behind You Flag
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Arden]
    #12338699 - 04/05/10 09:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

RETRACTION___------____--------
" So the guy can't get a girl to trip with him"  I apologize, very tired ,  ahem  So the guy had bad experiences with women.

Really in all fairness............Sex or Gender(which are two different things) do not determine drug preference. Furthermore, one's opinion and reaction to the opposite sex are subjective, and culturally determined. Generalizing is the only way to speak or refer to a specific sex. Females are a sex of a species. Males are a sex of a species. traits, hormones, mannerisms, blah,blah, blah. Can we agree on that? 
  Any one's opinion, is their opinion.  So, accordingly,  everyone is RIGHT! YAY!!  Bong rips for everybody!    Are we here to argue?  I'm not sure, I am new around here and I don't want to offend, belittle, or break thread rules, and if I did, I do apologize. People are so angry, especially with the opposite sex! I love you all my brothers and sisters of the earth.

--------------------
Anything I say CAN, and WILL be held against me in a court of law.

CHECK IT OUT!

My Living Mushroom Journal

MY ULTIMATE GOALAnthropology Major

Offlinetrishraymond
Stranger
Female

Loc: PNW
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: nub2gromush]
    #12338781 - 04/05/10 09:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

What the shit is OP talking about? Generalizing that girls don't like to trip? I don't know any girls who don't love to trip.

However, I do know a lot of girls who try to hang with the guys and pretend they have more "guys" friends because for the life of them they just cant get a long with girls... and well I have my own opinions and generalizations about these girls that I'll keep to my self. Thanks for sharing, but bad assumptions.  :nonono:

--------------------

Everything I post is a lie

InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: trishraymond]
    #12338807 - 04/05/10 09:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Beyond all of the nit-picky philosophizing about the specifics, I would have to agree with RP that most [insert descriptive cultural prefix-]females are uncomfortable with the psychedelic experience. It's unnerving for everyone, but I'm sure with a few physiological stress response tests we can demonstrate they're more sensitive.

Offlineklopi123
Littlest shroom
Female User Gallery

Loc: canada Flag
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Arden]
    #12342845 - 04/06/10 02:51 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I just wanted to say that I'm a girl and i LOVE hallucinogens. And every girl i know loves to trip. Maybe your just hanging out with the wrong girls.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: klopi123]
    #12342936 - 04/06/10 03:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe, but I got to ask how many of your GFs take mega doses and/or do solo tripping. Taking a hit or two is 101 and most anyone will just have a very controllable tripping experience.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #12342986 - 04/06/10 03:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

And, most importantly, how many of your gfs put out? :naughty:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #12343025 - 04/06/10 03:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Why you t_____ l_____ s___!:heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Icelander]
    #12343626 - 04/06/10 05:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:rolleyes:

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Offlineklopi123
Littlest shroom
Female User Gallery

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: elbisivni]
    #12348252 - 04/07/10 12:12 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

We would did shit loads, 10 hits at a time. Or big fat shrooms the size of your fist... your so fucking high you cant even walk.

And no we did not put out it was more about the experience. We liked to chill out to music or run around in nature.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #12348287 - 04/07/10 12:16 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Putting out is an experience too.  :whoa:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineNymphaea
Money-less Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten Flag
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: mikebart101]
    #12348336 - 04/07/10 12:22 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mikebart101 said:
I had a nice big description planned out but I'll cut to the chase.

Females have large, dangerously large, fragile Egos.

Just hold on a minute and let me describe. In society females are told to feel great about themselves physically, mentally, etc. etc. no matter how bitchy, insane, fat, skinny or ugly they are.

Males on the other hand are pretty much told to deal with it and stop crying. Make it work.

Females thus have Egos that hold no ground (dangerous Egos). Having their self image smashed to pieces is not a very tempting experience. Even the beautiful ones can have damaging Egos.

What do all pretty females do on Halloween? What do their costumes do for them? Why don't males dress in tight clothes, etc.?

Admittedly there are some men like this but again what would happen if you gave a Jon Gotti wannabe 5 grams?

Almost all females fall into these 2 categories and the ones that don't usually have more male friends, do more 'guy' stuff etc.

A female Ego is very fragile and easy to crush. And they know it.

There is a difference between knowing and admitting to your flaws and pretending you are perfect. There lies the difference between true Ego and damaging Ego.

I think one what we can get from the OP's observation is that social conditioning can have a dramatic effect on if one enjoys psychedelics.  The OP seems to say that in American culture (or whatever culture he is from) the female's gender roles cause them to be less susceptible to the psychedelics. 

I would say that there aren't really many differences between males and females without the social condition, and so to say females or males are more likely to do this or that in this or that culture is not sexist as long as you understand that it all has to do with how we are conditioned.

--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:

Plant Trees

Offlineklopi123
Littlest shroom
Female User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Nymphaea]
    #12348384 - 04/07/10 12:30 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

When i tripped with guys i noticed it was harder for them to relax and just enjoy the high, they had a tendency to over think things.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: klopi123] * 3
    #12348390 - 04/07/10 12:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't read the thread but I'm sure it was filled with excessive generalizations and sexism.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: deCypher]
    #12348414 - 04/07/10 12:35 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Cypher said:
I didn't read the thread but I'm sure it was filled with excessive generalizations and sexism.

:thumbup:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12348418 - 04/07/10 12:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Cypher said:
I didn't read the thread but I'm sure it was filled with sexcessive generalizations and sexism.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Poid]
    #12348420 - 04/07/10 12:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

sexcellent response

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: deCypher]
    #12348431 - 04/07/10 12:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It's what you've come to sexpect from me! :wink:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag