Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens
    #7687159 - 11/27/07 05:33 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I had a nice big description planned out but I'll cut to the chase.

Females have large, dangerously large, fragile Egos.

Just hold on a minute and let me describe. In society females are told to feel great about themselves physically, mentally, etc. etc. no matter how bitchy, insane, fat, skinny or ugly they are.

Males on the other hand are pretty much told to deal with it and stop crying. Make it work.

Females thus have Egos that hold no ground (dangerous Egos). Having their self image smashed to pieces is not a very tempting experience. Even the beautiful ones can have damaging Egos.

What do all pretty females do on Halloween? What do their costumes do for them? Why don't males dress in tight clothes, etc.?

Admittedly there are some men like this but again what would happen if you gave a Jon Gotti wannabe 5 grams?

Almost all females fall into these 2 categories and the ones that don't usually have more male friends, do more 'guy' stuff etc.

A female Ego is very fragile and easy to crush. And they know it.

There is a difference between knowing and admitting to your flaws and pretending you are perfect. There lies the difference between true Ego and damaging Ego.

--------------------
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Edited by mikebart101 (11/27/07 05:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: mikebart101]
    #7687198 - 11/27/07 05:37 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I know plenty of girls who like to trip. My best acid trip ever was with a girl. She's not intensely feminine, but she's not really tomboyish either.

You might be onto something, in how the conditioning males are put through makes them more amenable to psychedelics than the conditioning women are put through. But I don't think "females don't enjoy hallucinogens," or even that only the boyish ones do. I have a lot of female tripper buddies of all different sorts.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinemushroomplume
Stranger

#7687210 - 11/27/07 05:39 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I know of a lot of girls who do trip absolutely fine, but I will grant you this. Most of the people I have tripped with and have had a bad time, have been girls. I don't want to single them out and I don't necessarily agree with your theory, but it's something I've noticed.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7687223 - 11/27/07 05:40 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i've got some girl-friends who love to trip

as a result, i didn't read your post

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7687227 - 11/27/07 05:41 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

In society females are told to feel great about themselves physically, mentally, etc. etc. no matter how bitchy, insane, fat, skinny or ugly they are.

Wha??? Women these days have TONS of pressure to look a certain way, act a certain way, etc. I wouldn't want to go one day dealing with the kind of social pressure girls today face.

Quote:

Males on the other hand are pretty much told to deal with it and stop crying. Make it work.

That would be ego. All the more subconscious mental blocks for psychedelics to smash through.

Quote:

Why don't males dress in tight clothes, etc.?

I think that has more to do with male vs. female standards of beauty, as well as the equipment we're carrying around in the groin area.

Quote:

I think the macho exterior that guys put on is every bit as much susceptible to being blown away by psychedelics as any ego games girls put on.

--------------------

Invisiblebadreligion2good
Uncertain
Male

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: mikebart101]
    #7687253 - 11/27/07 05:44 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I'd say, based on this post, you're sexist. Out of the approximately 3 billion females in the world, you think you have met enough to accurately judge all womens comfort with hallucinogens? You cannot make such broad generalizations based on sex alone. Your comment is just plain ignorant.

--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: Silversoul]
    #7687276 - 11/27/07 05:47 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I am referring to knowing who you are and pretending. I feel more females pretend by conforming to social norms etc. and thus have no idea who they really are.

A person that realizes they have a big nose, crooked tooth, small muscles etc. are not surprised when they look in the mirror.

You are taking my post too literally. I am speaking in generalizations.

Just look at the differences between females who like drugs and those that do not. LOOK! There is a difference. Just look. Its very subtle but its there.

--------------------
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #7687289 - 11/27/07 05:48 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

:popcorn:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#7687298 - 11/27/07 05:49 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

*calmly waits for NiahmNyx, Veritas, and MushroomTrip to arrive* :bongload:

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Do Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: badreligion2good]
    #7687308 - 11/27/07 05:50 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

badreligion2good said:
I'd say, based on this post, you're sexist.

Holy crap. Do you accuse the colorblind man of seeing the world in gray-scale?

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #7687341 - 11/27/07 05:54 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The main reason it is much easier for females to enjoy mushrooms than (straight) men:

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #7687346 - 11/27/07 05:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mikebart101 said:
Just look at the differences between females who like drugs and those that do not. LOOK! There is a difference. Just look. Its very subtle but its there.

So, if I use an "if/then" formulation, chicks do more coke and drink more alcohol to help boost their egos....?  :smirk:

Could it have more to do with what they call having a thrill seeker type of behaviour/personality....?
Just a guess, but I am thinking more doods jump out of planes then women - is this ego as well....?

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7687361 - 11/27/07 05:57 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

We could do this all day. I was making a social observation about females and hallucinogens, nothing more.

Why do more females opt for plastic surgery? A lot more?

--------------------

Invisiblebadreligion2good
Uncertain
Male

#7687374 - 11/27/07 05:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

"Females have large, dangerously large, fragile Egos."

Thats a gross generalization of females. If you truly believe this, you fit the definition of sexist. You seem to be claiming females have inferior egos as opposed to men... whatever that means. There really isn't much to argue.

Think before you write, otherwise you may make a fool of yourself.

--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattleish
    #7687376 - 11/27/07 05:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Because they're ugly?

Or because they're ugly and they care about it?

:popcorn:

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #7687377 - 11/27/07 05:59 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Um, because men don't look as nice with tits? What did I win?

--------------------

Invisibleadrug

#7687378 - 11/27/07 05:59 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mikebart101 said:
I had a nice big description planned out but I'll cut to the chase.

Females have large, dangerously large, fragile Egos.

Just hold on a minute and let me describe. In society females are told to feel great about themselves physically, mentally, etc. etc. no matter how bitchy, insane, fat, skinny or ugly they are.

Females thus have Egos that hold no ground (dangerous Egos). Having their self image smashed to pieces is not a very tempting experience. Even the beautiful ones can have damaging Egos.

What do all pretty females do on Halloween? What do their costumes do for them? Why don't males dress in tight clothes, etc.?

Admittedly there are some men like this but again what would happen if you gave a Jon Gotti wannabe 5 grams?

Almost all females fall into these 2 categories and the ones that don't usually have more male friends, do more 'guy' stuff etc.

There is a difference between knowing and admitting to your flaws and pretending you are perfect. There lies the difference between true Ego and damaging Ego.

That is the most ridiculous load of crap I've ever read.

Granted, there is a smaller proportional number of females who are into hallucinogens. But I think you're giving people too much credit. I don't think your average run of the mill woman or other groups of people who are uninformed about such things even realize that psychedelics have anything to DO with the ego. To the uninformed, eating drugs is simply about getting "high". And honestly, they're not entirely wrong. To some extent that IS what its about. You can put up all kinds of fronts, or believe in a bunch of religious ideologies that make what you're doing seem sacred, but you're still altering your consciousness to achieve a desired effect.

For the surprisingly large number of females on this website, and many others who don't even know this website exists, hallucinogens are a powerful tool used to explore the mind; just as powerful a tool for us (women), as they are for you (men). I say your claims to the contrary are utterly ridiculous.

Offlinemushroomplume
Stranger

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7687381 - 11/27/07 05:59 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think the OP was being sexist, I think there is something to be said about male drug-use and female drug-use. For instance, I'm not sure of all hospitals, but my local one is very reluctant in giving Vicodin to female patients. The doctor told me the reasoning for this was because females have a much greater potential for abusing pain-killers.

:leafromp:

Offlinemikebart101
Bromden
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Females Don Not Enjoy Hallucinogens [Re: slackophage]
    #7687388 - 11/27/07 06:00 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Why should they care about it?

--------------------

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattleish
    #7687402 - 11/27/07 06:03 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Because regardless of all the bullshit about beauty being skin deep, aesthetics are fucking important.

That's why.

Or maybe it's the big, fragile egos...

:leafromp: (forgot about that smiley!)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder