Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Planet X ? [Re: elflord420]
    #7690582 - 11/28/07 01:34 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I read Sitchin in college. He makes Eric Von Daniken look like Carl Sagan. His wild speculations do not count as evidence. His descriptions of Nibiru show that does not understand the laws of physics.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineelflord420
bringer of thedawn
Male User Gallery

Loc: washington
Re: Planet X ? [Re: Silversoul]
    #7690606 - 11/28/07 01:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

thats why i said its a good "start"

but ok forget sitchin, what he did though is decipher anchient texts and other things. The things are there weather or not sitchin writes about them, he is just showing his viewpoint on them.

the truth is only within yourself, nobody can make it for you!

--------------------
Dont ever eat mushrooms and watch Total Recall

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#7690646 - 11/28/07 01:47 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

If by "decipher" you mean "make up new meanings to words that archaeologists already know," then yeah, he did that. They made dictionaries in ancient times as well, and Sitchin's interpretations of ancient texts do not match what these dictionaries say.

As for the truth being in myself, I generally adhere to that regarding many metaphysical ideas, but not when it regards objects that are supposed to be physically real, or claims about what the ancients supposedly knew.

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Planet X ? [Re: Seuss]
    #7690647 - 11/28/07 01:47 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> I know it's more likely that all the Planet Xers are nutjobs

I think the "planet x with moons dancing around in an attempt to get closer the planet spreading love and joy to the cosmos" type planet Xers are nutjobs, but space is awful big and there are a lot of unknowns out there.  Nothing wrong with keeping an open mind, as long as one keeps a clear distinction between fantasy and reality.

i agree.

if you're going to have your head up in the clouds, then keep your feet on solid ground.

:shineon: :earth:

--------------------

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Re: Planet X ? [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #7690711 - 11/28/07 01:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I've read that the governments of the world are constructing an 'ark' in Antarctica to house some of us in the event that Planet X creates a less than hospitable environment for us. I've also read that the elliptical orbit of this mystery planet just wouldn't be stable (especially for as many cycles as some sites claim it occurs [3600ish years]).

There are theories as well that this Planet X was the cause behind the extinction of the dinosaurs, the Great Flood, and other sorts of disasters that caused a lot of change. I don't know what, if anything, is coming, but if its coming its going to come.

Anyone familiar with Dragon Ball Z, how the Saiyans, if they are beat close to death and survive, gain a massive amount of strength when they recover? Maybe humanity has been going through these 'beatings' since it was a wee lil organism and our resilience has been the prime factor in our apparent heightened intelligence.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Planet X ? [Re: WScott]
    #7690736 - 11/28/07 02:04 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

WScottsdale said:
There are theories as well that this Planet X was the cause behind the extinction of the dinosaurs, the Great Flood, and other sorts of disasters that caused a lot of change. I don't know what, if anything, is coming, but if its coming its going to come.

I wouldn't give those theories too much credence. The evidence for a giant meteor being the cause of the extinction of the dinosaurs is pretty strong right now, and all attempts to prove the existence of the Great Flood have failed. At best, they have shown that the Black Sea was once much lower, and that when it flooded, it may have spawned myths of a worldwide flood.

PS: Mods, if I'm being too skeptical here, just tell me and I'll shut up.

--------------------

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#7693286 - 11/28/07 11:53 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know about planet X.. all I know is that planet X got me in to the UFO/ET scene!

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleDieCommie

#7696457 - 11/29/07 07:12 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
What evidence is there that our ancestors knew of 12 celestial bodies? It was my understanding that prior to the 20th century, people didn't even know about any planets past Saturn.

Uranus and Neptune were discovered earlier than that. Uranus in the 1700s and Neptune in the 1800s. The discovery of Neptune is interesting... The orbit of Uranus was acting odd, and not following newtons laws. A physicist calculated that another planet's gravity further out could be causing it. He told an observatory to look where his calculations said it should be and sure enough it was there. Amazing! Rarely does theory come before experiment. The same physicist then tried to explain the odd behavior of mercury's orbit by assuming a planet closer to the sun was affecting it. He dubbed it 'Vulcan', and astronomers looked for many decades to no avail. Finally einstein solved the mercury problem with relativity.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Planet X ? [Re: DieCommie]
    #7696491 - 11/29/07 07:18 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rarely does theory come before experiment.

With new developments like string theory, that seems to be more normal now than it once was.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7697800 - 11/30/07 07:28 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

> Rarely does theory come before experiment.

The scientific method would disagree.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Planet X ? [Re: Seuss]
    #7697802 - 11/30/07 07:29 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think he meant "rarely does theory lead to validation" :smirk:

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Planet X ? [Re: Middleman]
    #7697909 - 11/30/07 08:24 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

That is not what I meant, but I think that is true.  Most 'theories' get invalidated.

Seuss, I dont know what you mean that the scientific method would disagree.  That doesnt make sense to me.  :ohwell:

Now that I think about my post this morning, I think I was wrong in this case.  This discovery of Neptune was not theory before observation.  This observation did come first, only it was not a direct observation.  It was an observation of uranus odd orbit.  Then came the theory of another planet.  Still an amazing feat imo, using only mathematics and indirect observation to discover a planet that cant be seen by the naked eye.

Offlineelflord420
bringer of thedawn
Male User Gallery

Loc: washington
    #7697955 - 11/30/07 08:34 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

you should not base your entire opinion of life off one persons viewpoint obviously, especially one as easily questionable as sitchin. Of course sitchen has many faults, but he brings up some good points.

what you can do is gain perspective, always question everything, nobody can make the awnsers for you.

--------------------
Dont ever eat mushrooms and watch Total Recall

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Planet X ? [Re: Middleman]
    #7702442 - 12/01/07 11:21 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

could this image be interpreted as planet x passing behind the earth and in front of the sun?

:earth:  :sun: :shineon:

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Planet X ? [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #7702475 - 12/01/07 11:30 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AlteredAgain said:

could this image be interpreted as planet x passing behind the earth and in front of the sun?

:earth:  :sun: :shineon:

It could be.  Or it might be Prince's new name/symbol.

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7702536 - 12/01/07 11:49 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:

That is not what I meant, but I think that is true.  Most 'theories' get invalidated.

Seuss, I dont know what you mean that the scientific method would disagree.  That doesnt make sense to me.  :ohwell:

Now that I think about my post this morning, I think I was wrong in this case.  This discovery of Neptune was not theory before observation.  This observation did come first, only it was not a direct observation.  It was an observation of uranus odd orbit.  Then came the theory of another planet.  Still an amazing feat imo, using only mathematics and indirect observation to discover a planet that cant be seen by the naked eye.

I think Seuss meant that hypotheses usually comes before experimentation and observation.

Black holes were predicted mathematically before they were observed for instance...

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

#7703087 - 12/01/07 03:01 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elflord420 said:
Quote:

Silversoul said:
What evidence is there that our ancestors knew of 12 celestial bodies? It was my understanding that prior to the 20th century, people didn't even know about any planets past Saturn.

HAHAHAH there is quite a bit of evidence, and there is much evidence showing that our ancestors knew of planets beyond the asteroid belt, youd be surprised, for one many anchient sumerians and mesopotamians called earth the 7th planet?

How could you call earth the 7th planet inless you knew of planets beyond the asteroid belt and counted inward towards the sun.... thats just one tiny example son, where we now on earth usually call earth the 3rd planet which is counting from the sun out.

go get a book called "the 12th planet" by zecharia sitchin

its a good starter on a search for truth

we are in an age of great density and confusion, called the kali yuga

That's really rude - why so condescending? I'm surprised Silversoul has been so patient with you.

Anyway in regard to planet x I've heard the massive weather changes that we are currently experiencing being blamed on it, the bee catastrophe, birds that normally migrate using the magnetic poles are confused, etc. There seems to be a lot of madness in nature right now and I find it hard to believe that global warming is causing it all.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom