Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSaryn
Stranger
First time grower looking for some confirmation
    #7684539 - 11/27/07 05:06 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ok so the first signs of growth are popping up in my first set of jars. However, I have a feeling that a few have caught some contams. I wanted to get some opinions on what everyone thought.

The ones with the blueish green spots I'm assuming are Trichoderma or Penicillium. However, I was definitely wondering if I am getting paranoid over what looks like a tiny bit of slime in one of the jars (3rd pic from top), similar (though on a much smaller scale) to some of the pictures of Bacillus. I read that was mainly in grain style cultures however and I am using the rice flour cakes.

Based on the reading I have come across, I might as well toss these jars and just continue with those that still look healthy if any of these are actually contaminating the jars.

Hopefully I am wrong on these conclusions as I would just love to keep these going!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
Re: First time grower looking for some confirmation [Re: Saryn]
    #7684568 - 11/27/07 06:14 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Chances are if u have trich in all of them if u have it in one. Did u do an open air innoc? How did u sterilize? Flame needle?

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

OfflineTripleTree3
makinPROgRESS

Loc: The Milky Way
Re: First time grower looking for some confirmation [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #7684587 - 11/27/07 06:34 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Def. looks contaminated. Also looks like it happenned at your Innoc. points. Try cleaning/flaming the needle better next time. good luck

--------------------
Don't let the bad drugs bite

OfflineSaryn
Stranger
Re: First time grower looking for some confirmation [Re: TripleTree3]
    #7685215 - 11/27/07 11:39 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Flamed the needle to sterilize however I did need to poke some additional holes in the lids for gas exchange since I was using the healing injection point lids. My best guess is that for what ever reason with a couple of these, there wasn't enough alcohol used to sterilize where I poked the holes.

Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
    #7686523 - 11/27/07 05:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

wipe the jar lid with alcohol. flame needle. wipe needle with alcohol. innoc.

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

OfflineSaryn
Stranger
Re: First time grower looking for some confirmation [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #7686971 - 11/27/07 07:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ya, I did that the first time. Going to make another batch, this time using a glove box instead of free air with the lids properly made. While still only about 1/4 of the jars I made in the first batch are showing contam, I am getting pretty damn sure it was due to the need to aid gas exchange holes post inoculation. Live and learn.

Thanks for the feedback, will post some updates with the success I have with this second batch!

OfflineSaryn
Stranger

#7713711 - 12/04/07 02:18 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Small update, the remaining 1 pint jars I had failed to grow. I'm not entirely sure what caused the spores to fail due to there being at least 3 errors I had made with them. However, I knocked up the second batch almost a week ago, and they are going like crazy(no contam in one of them yet)! No errors this time, followed tech explicitly along with using a glove box. Should be ready just in time for Christmas!

Quick question though, all the teks I read are tailored to using a 1/2 pint jar. When upping the size of the jars, is there a rule of thumb for about how long they need to be pressure cooked at 15 psi to avoid contamination?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation