Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineboletusoftruth
Psychedelic Funk
Male

Loc: MASS
DMT vs SALVIA
    #7682792 - 11/26/07 05:32 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

For those who have done both DMT and Salvia, are they similar? Which is more intense? Hard to handle? Which is more visually based? Mind based? I've smoked DMT, which I thought was very intense and very good, and I handled the experience fine. If you like DMT do you like Salvia? Or is salvia still another world compared to it.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: boletusoftruth] * 1
    #7682806 - 11/26/07 05:36 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i compare dmt and salvia, but dmt is by far more intense. however, i've encountered things not found in our current aware reality in salvia-space as well through dmt. the come-ups are different for me, though, especially the 'physical' feelings

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: demiu5]
    #7682871 - 11/26/07 06:01 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I have never broken through becuase I start to feel a "flicky" body high and it's really weird. Feels like my body is being zapped a bunch almost but not literally.. My entity kinda. But I smoke a 1/4 of a gram from an oz bag in as close to one hit as I can. I have never CLEARED it but I'veg gotten close. Want to know what it's like kinda.. thinking of makeing an oz. extraction and putting it in an amber dropper vial :evil:

Whats DMT Like? I want to 'find' some in 'the woods'... any good experiences from YOU guys?

HTR

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

Offlineboletusoftruth
Psychedelic Funk
Male

Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: hightimesreader]
    #7682893 - 11/26/07 06:08 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I have 2 experiences with DMT, both recently. Myself and another did an extraction on our friend Mimosa and were left with a small pile of DMT perhaps 1\2 - 1 gram. We decided to do the DMT in the woods. I'll put my experiences in trip reports actually, read it there.

--------------------

Invisibled4a2n0k
The Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: demiu5]
    #7682901 - 11/26/07 06:10 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

demius said:
The come-ups are different for me, though, especially the 'physical' feelings

I agree 100% While DMT has some strange and disorienting come-up effects, I find the come-up on salvia to be downright unpleasant. It makes my body feel stiff and rigid, like I'm made of wood or something.

I think that I just prefer DMT. Salvia just never did it for me. Never any profound thoughts, or interesting experiences, just confusion and discomfort. Now thats not to say DMT has never been confusing or uncomfortable, its been both. I just think the good FAR out weighs the bad with DMT.

This is just my personal view, a lot of people LOVE salvia. Don't take any ones word for it until you have experimented yourself.

--------------------
Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: d4a2n0k]
    #7682911 - 11/26/07 06:13 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Do you feel a flicking sensation in your 'entity' of sorts? I don't really like it... I WANT to try it a little more, maybe till I break through. Is there any favorite teks out there for salvia extractoin? I COULD do a google search but does anyone have something good bookmarked? Want to order some in another couple days :rockon:

HTR

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

Invisibled4a2n0k
The Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: hightimesreader]
    #7682951 - 11/26/07 06:25 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, salvia does give me a strange body sensation. I feel pinned in place, very rigid. Then the "flicking" you describe, to me it feels like energy bouncing around or something like that.

Salvia extraction is super easy.
Heres a simple outline.

1) Turn down your freezer as cold as it will get and chill your leaf and some acetone for ~1 hour.

2) Remove from freezer and quickly combine you pre-crushed leaf and acetone for a MAXIMUM of one minute.

3) Filter off the leaf as best as you can. T-shirt or cheese cloth is a good filter material.

4) Evaporate acetone on some leaf. Mathematics is your friend, calculate the potency you want and use the corresponding amount of leaf

5) Enjoy!

--------------------
Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

Offlineboletusoftruth
Psychedelic Funk
Male

Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: d4a2n0k]
    #7683071 - 11/26/07 07:03 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Just did my trip report for DMT, read all who wish :-)

--------------------

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: boletusoftruth]
    #7683090 - 11/26/07 07:08 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i love both of them. they can both be just as intense, all a matter of dosage. i feel like the dmt visuals are more intricate and more geometric, while salvia visuals can be as intricate but not as well defined as dmt visuals (if that makes any sense). if dmt visuals were a perfect square, salvia visuals would like a square with wobbly edges. that analogy probably sucks but itś the best i can come up with now. i personally enjoy salvia more than dmt but that's probably cuz i've done salvia a whole lot more than i've done dmt. i've smoked salvia sprinkled with a little dmt, too. i think i managed to get three hits before i was blasted into probably on of the most intense experiences ever. i got the best of both worlds, the amazingly intricate dmt visuals and intensity and the awesome mindtrip that i love from salvia.

Offlinesk8cracka
Lost Rabbit
 User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt County
Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: maggotz]
    #7683175 - 11/26/07 07:35 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

never tried DMT, and I'm still not sure if I have broken through on Salvia...is there any easy way to find something to extract DMT out of?

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: sk8cracka]
    #7683191 - 11/26/07 07:40 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i've never extracted it myself but my friend used MHRB. i've heard that certain acacia and phalaris species contain dmt also, but i don't know in what concentrations.

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: maggotz]
    #7683353 - 11/26/07 08:17 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

DMT: Feeling of being dead and passing through worlds.
Salvia: Feeling of being in a world that has been here the whole time.

For me they both seem real and frightening but DMT more real and more intense.

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

InvisibleantiPock
fighting entropy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sol 3
Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: clemens]
    #7684485 - 11/27/07 02:05 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

For me, Salvia at high doses is physically uncomfortable and disorienting, though in some ways more direct in its teachings than DMT. For the intense and profound experience I prefer DMT by far.

However I feel that Salvia is drastically underated for its more subtle effects. Bowls of mj laced with 5x salvia around a campfire are super sweet. These subtle, introspective effects last 15 minutes or more and are easy to maintain through periodic hits off a mixed bowl. Also, when consumed as described my girlfriend and I agree that we always sleep like babies afterwards.

Offlinebluedolphin

Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: antiPock]
    #7687944 - 11/27/07 07:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

^^
Small staggered doses of Salvia are fantastic, I agree totally!

That said, in the game of rock paper scissors.... Salvia crushes DMT.

Having smoked them both at the same time, I can say that the DMT does its thing, pretty typical.. but then the Salvia takes the whole DMT experience and folds its. Repeats it. Pulls it. Basically totally overpowers it. The DMT trip becomes part of the Salvia trip, not the other way around.

Maybe my doses of DMT and Salvia were not "equal" but I still think Salvia is by far more powerful and healing. DMT is usually a better physical body high but not always as Salvia can sometimes feel totally blissful while DMT can sometimes feel like you stuck your finger in an electric socket.

If I could only have access to one for the rest of my life I pick Salvia in a heartbeat. DMT is not that much different from high dose mushrooms to me.

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #7688006 - 11/27/07 08:09 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

DMT vs Salvia?
:lolz0rz:
Thats like comparing the dead dried grass in your front yard to fresh northern lights.  It doesn't fucking compare, besides the fact that you smoke both of them.

For the ones that say you've smoked DMT and you like salvia better, or its better?  YOU DIDN'T SMOKE DMT.

Besides salvia is a dis-associative, not a hallucinogen, whereas DMT is.

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

Edited by 2FiNiTe (11/27/07 08:13 PM)

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #7688023 - 11/27/07 08:15 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

you're so :awesome:

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #7688227 - 11/27/07 09:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

For the ones that say you've smoked DMT and you like salvia better, or its better? YOU DIDN'T SMOKE DMT.

Doesn't seem like you have smoked salvia to me if I'm to go on this post alone.

Quote:

Besides salvia is a dis-associative, not a hallucinogen, whereas DMT is.

Are you implying that salvia doesn't cause hallucinations? If so then you definitely have failed to experience salvia as I know it. It's dissociative effect is a positive imo. On other hallucinogens people often use sensory deprivation to enhance the visionary aspect of the trip. The dissociative aspect of salvia provides for that automatically.

I'm biased of course as I've had many more experiences with salvia than DMT. It's not that I dislike DMT. Salvia just happened to find me first.

Being more used to and therefore more comfortable with salvia, I'm able to follow more deeply into it's space and get more out of it.

For me DMT is chaotic yet thrilling. I have found little of value to me from the few experiences that I've had however.

On salvia I've had many deep visionary journeys that have taught me more about myself than I ever really wanted to know. I am awed by it.

DMT fascinates me and leaves me in awe as well but also in an empty sort of way.

Your experiences as well as the experiences of other's may differ but, who are you to say that since some of us like salvia better, we have not smoked DMT? If your experience is different then good for you and that is what this thread is about. Don't come into it telling us what we have or have not done.

Actually you haven't told us anything. All you have done is make a poor attempt at ridiculing and dismissing other's experiences in a rude manner.

If you wish to contribute then try telling us how the two differ for you. Dried grass and northern lights just doesn't cut it.

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: DMT vs SALVIA [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #7689355 - 11/28/07 07:10 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

fucker probably hasn't experienced all that salvia divinorum can do. :yesnod:

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #7689435 - 11/28/07 08:02 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I thought the level of insight from dmt was greater.

However, salvia can be quite beautiful too if you can bring yourself to try and meditate on it (its much more difficult than with dmt)

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #7690210 - 11/28/07 12:04 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

DMT owns Salvia Divinorum anyday

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies