Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male

Loc: Under the C
Christian Blogger on Atheism
    #7682757 - 11/26/07 07:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Why do atheists feel a need to mock us? Why can't they be more tolerant of other's views? Just because Islam fundamentalists have wacky ideas should not be a reflection of all religions.

I can't make this stuff up, folks.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

Re: Christian Blogger on Atheism [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7682878 - 11/26/07 08:04 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You waste a lot of time.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Offlinemushroomplume
Stranger

Re: Christian Blogger on Atheism [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #7682914 - 11/26/07 08:13 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

why do u kare?

aren't you confident as an atheist?

Blue Fish Group
Male

Re: Christian Blogger on Atheism [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #7682919 - 11/26/07 08:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

See what I mean, peeps? :rofl2:

I have yet to meet a Christian who groks the mote-in-the-eye story or any of the gems in the Bible - like the directive about not judging.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomplume
Stranger

#7682937 - 11/26/07 08:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

dude boss.

i'm just pointing out that a lot of non-religious folk spend way too much time googling over internet blogs written by christians. as if they have something to pr0ve to themselves.

this ain't the case with all of them, just some.

Blue Fish Group
Male

Re: Christian Blogger on Atheism [Re: mushroomplume]
    #7682958 - 11/26/07 08:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

i'm just pointing out that a lot of non-religious folk spend way too much time

And you two are spending your time wisely worrying about how I spend my time? Puh-lease! :rolleyes:

One must know thine enemy. Drug prohibition started with Christians and continues to this day because of 'family values' and compassionate non-judgement. (Right!) I would like to see that changed - and then I could care less what they believe as long as they leave me alone.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #7682967 - 11/26/07 08:30 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
like the directive about not judging.

Can one make an evaluation and/or observation without forming some sort of judgment (or partial judgment)....?

(I don't think that was the intents of your quoted post, but.....)

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlinemushroomplume
Stranger

#7682974 - 11/26/07 08:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

ok

Blue Fish Group
Male

Re: Christian Blogger on Atheism [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7682994 - 11/26/07 08:38 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

One can have an opinion without trying to make other's conform. I don't care for tattoos, but feel no compelling need to make them illegal or pass a law because it is none of my business what anyone else does at long as it causes no harm to myself or others.

Not so the Christians. They have to do stuff like go down to the adult bookstore and record and publish license plates of patrons and tell us what we can and cannot smoke and what music to listen to and so on. Bunch of damn busybodies that cannot refrain from sinning so to compensate have to go around and get involved in condemning other's affairs in order to feel superior.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7682999 - 11/26/07 08:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Drug prohibition started with Christians

You keep asserting this, but by and large, I fail to see the evidence for it. With the exception of the Spanish banning the sacramental use of peyote, most drug prohibition seemed to have originated from secular political fears which were often racially motivated, such as the attempts to close down opium dens because of the Chinese workers who were competing with Americans for jobs. Marijuana prohibition began with similar fears about Mexican workers. The fact that many of the people behind these measures may have been Christian(as are the majority of Americans) does not show a direct correlation between the two.

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #7683021 - 11/26/07 08:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

also, once you are a blogger, you are fair game for any type of ridicule.
Bloggers suck almost as much as people with tats.

I think orgone was just trying to point out the hypocrisy. It seems more prevalent in christians because they are the more vocal crowd.

And orgone is right, they deserve more ridicule for it, because jews or muslims have never been the root of severly limiting my freedom. You can try to cite 9/11 here, but then you might as well go fuck yourself for being an idiot.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #7683041 - 11/26/07 08:54 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I am with you, understand those grounds completely - the "let me do my own thing" part....  :thumbup:

But, isn't it also judgmental to say "the Christians" (as a whole) as being the only people who do those forcing/prying things you dislike....?
Couldn't you equally say that TV and the media also have this influence as much as any particular religion.....?

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisibleelbisivni
    #7683073 - 11/26/07 09:04 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Why do atheists feel a need to mock us? Why can't they be more tolerant of other's views? Just because Islam fundamentalists have wacky ideas should not be a reflection of all religions.

link please

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Blue Fish Group
Male

Re: Christian Blogger on Atheism [Re: Silversoul]
    #7683086 - 11/26/07 09:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

With the exception of the Spanish banning the sacramental use of peyote...

Nice understatement. It was actually mushrooms that the Spanish prohibited first in Central America. It was not a mere banning, but many practioners were slaughtered immediately and subsequent usage by others incurred a minimum penalty of public flogging to being burned alive if caught. This was encouraged by the Spanish priests in order to convert the heathens.

Cannabis usage was banned by the Inquisition in the 12th century by The Church.

One of Christ's main teaching is about compassion.

Christian Churches and patrons are allegedly there to study Christ's teachings.

Taking a person who has harmed no one away from their family and putting them in a cage is not very compassionate.

Therefore Christian Churches are fighting against prohibition? Right?

Every single Drug Czar has been a conservative Christian and most have escalated the war while lying to the public.

The majority of the USA is Christian, yet ALMOST ALL of the famous public speakers and writers fighting prohibition are not Christian and almost all of the anti-drug war organizations are non-Christian, yet you see zero correlation.

What would you consider evidence?

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#7683114 - 11/26/07 09:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
The majority of the USA is Christian, yet ALMOST ALL of the famous public speakers and writers fighting prohibition are not Christian and almost all of the anti-drug war organizations are non-Christian, yet you see zero correlation.

Well, I'd like to start with evidence of the above claims about pro-legalization and anti-drug groups.

Ron Paul is a devout Christian who opposes the Drug War. Despite the claims of their opposition, there are several Christians among the ranks of the ACLU and Libertarian Party. Meanwhile, one of the most strongly anti-drug groups is the Church of Scientology.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male

#7683149 - 11/26/07 09:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I was thinking more about your point. I think a poll on a non-drug, non political, non-religious website with fairly high traffic of both genders and a wide age range may gives us a clearer and unbiased picture.

The poll should go something like this:

1. I am a Christian and I believe cannabis should be made legal for personal use by adults.

2. I am a Christian and I believe cannabis should remain illegal for personal use by adults.

3. I am religious (non-Christian) and I believe cannabis should be made legal for personal use by adults.

4. I am religious (non-Christian) and I believe cannabis should remain illegal for personal use by adults.

5. I am atheist/agnostic and I believe cannabis should be made legal for personal use by adults.

6. I am atheist/agnostic and I believe cannabis should remain illegal for personal use by adults.

I would like any website suggestions and/or any proposed changes to the poll. If you are already a regular member of another forum, even if it doesn't fulfill all my guidleines, go head and start the poll. Don't wait for me. We can have several running at once and collate them.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#7683186 - 11/26/07 09:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I see your point, and while I think it's slightly overblown, it is obvious that conservative Christians are statistically more likely to support drug prohibition. I suspect, however, that the problem is more with conservatism than with Christianity. The puritanism we see among America's conservative Christians is common among social conservatives in all countries and all religious paths. Did you know that in India, a Hindu country, homosexuality is illegal? The desire to control other people's lives transcends any particular religion.

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #7683202 - 11/26/07 09:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

Well, I'd like to start with evidence of the above claims about pro-legalization and anti-drug groups.

Ron Paul is a devout Christian who opposes the Drug War. Despite the claims of their opposition, there are several Christians among the ranks of the ACLU and Libertarian Party. Meanwhile, one of the most strongly anti-drug groups is the Church of Scientology.

I think you need to make a better distinction here. Scientology is anti-drug in the sense that its adherents shouldnt partake in them due to spiritual reasons... if you are referring to psychiatric drugs, then that is a different beast, because it isnt for reasons like the christians have for marijuana like "they are just bad".

Outside of psychopharmaceuticals, scientology has done nothing to try and make drugs illegal. at most they will pronounce themselves proudly drug free and such, but I dont think that they have ever made a trespass upon what people can and cannot put into their bodies.
The only reason they are so feircly anti-psychiatric drugs is because of the misinformation, malpractice and general uselessness of psychiatry and its adherants that forcefully drug inmates, foster children and any other patients under their strict care, especially that of the state.

Blue Fish Group
Male

#7683231 - 11/26/07 09:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

ALL religions are irrational and the War on Drugs is irrational.

The more people apply reason and logic (such as empiricists); the more apparent the farce of prohibition becomes.

I would wager that zero percentage of atheists see Rock & Roll as the devil's music. :grin:

--------------------

Invisibleelbisivni
    #7683504 - 11/26/07 10:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

elbisivni said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

link please

your failure to produce a link suggests to me that you lied in your original post, and did make that stuff up

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon San Pedro

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology