Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Yellow stems???
    #389367 - 09/09/01 12:51 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

One of my fruiting cakes is flushing...shroomies with yellow stems.... the rest of the mushrooms look healthy....and so does the inside of those stems.... i dont know what the strain is, because i mixed all my cakes....it could be Cambo,Ecu,Gc,Gt.... their colour is like the yellow of a shrooms cap. Coloured shrooms? WTF? Is this normal?
May i consume? =) Thanx in advance.
Keep on shrooming in a shroom world!

YOU WANNA GET HIGH
http://kickme.to/mushrooms

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
Re: Yellow stems??? [Re: Sterile]
    #389434 - 09/09/01 02:13 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

dude, my friend grows gulf coast and he had a flush once where at least half of the shrooms had yellow stems, they are safe to ingest, i learned that the easy way.

drugs are good, and when you do them people think that your cool

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Yellow stems??? [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #389772 - 09/09/01 08:48 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

All my B+ have yellow/red tinged stems and they were fine

--------------------

Offline3Mshroom
old hand

#389792 - 09/09/01 09:34 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, it's normal. The stems on most of my strains vary from white to shiny, almost metallic yellow. Relax and enjoy

Corruptissima republicae, plurimae leges
Illegitumus non carborundum

--------------------
Corruptissima republicae, plurimae leges
Illegitumus non carborundum

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: Yellow stems??? [Re: 3Mshroom]
    #389962 - 09/10/01 03:24 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Thanx for the replys shroomers, my shroomies are almost dry, and i am HUNGRY! :p

YOU WANNA GET HIGH
http://kickme.to/mushrooms

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

InvisibleAverageJoe
Stranger

#7678751 - 11/25/07 04:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I've got some Penis Envies pinning.  They're short with real fat stems with tan/yellowish brushed tint to them.  This is happening on both a second-flush cake AND a first-flush cake, both of which had been dunked for 12hrs in water before setting to fruit.

The trigger for the abnormal(?) growth might be that just after they started pinning, a nasty cold front rolled into the area and since they were subject to outside temperatures (as low as upper 40s!) then they'd damn near frozen.  I moved the first-flush cake inside and left the second-flush cake outside.  The inside pins grew taller but still short with thick stems.  The outside pins are still very short, but with super fat stems and caps.  They look like Super Mario Bro's mushrooms!  :smile:
I'm happy they're growing at ALL at this point.
Just thought this little accidental temperature experiment might be of interest to some of you.  I'm a long time reader, first time poster.

--------------------
And so it goes...

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Yellow stems??? [Re: AverageJoe]
    #7678794 - 11/25/07 04:35 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, did you just rescue a thread from six years ago?

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

OfflineHunter
ilikesex

Re: Yellow stems??? [Re: AverageJoe]
    #7678835 - 11/25/07 04:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

AverageJoe said:
I've got some Penis Envies pinning.  They're short with real fat stems with tan/yellowish brushed tint to them.  This is happening on both a second-flush cake AND a first-flush cake, both of which had been dunked for 12hrs in water before setting to fruit.

The trigger for the abnormal(?) growth might be that just after they started pinning, a nasty cold front rolled into the area and since they were subject to outside temperatures (as low as upper 40s!) then they'd damn near frozen.  I moved the first-flush cake inside and left the second-flush cake outside.  The inside pins grew taller but still short with thick stems.  The outside pins are still very short, but with super fat stems and caps.  They look like Super Mario Bro's mushrooms!  :smile:
I'm happy they're growing at ALL at this point.
Just thought this little accidental temperature experiment might be of interest to some of you.  I'm a long time reader, first time poster.

Not a good start to bump 6 year old threads there mate.

But anyway you were informative so i give you props for that.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom