Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinektm2507
Stranger
newby getting started with lions mane
    #7676994 - 11/25/07 06:14 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I have bought three wooden dowles with lions mane spores in them from ebay.On the instructions it says to drill holes in wood and leave outside.Well,i cant do that cause i have 35 degree days where i live so its too hot.Can i use these in jars?And if so can someone tell me what i need in step by step instructions?I know that i need a quart jar and some weat germ or something but i dont know about putting it together properly.Can someone give me a step by step guide?Cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAmericaOnLSD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: newby getting started with lions mane [Re: ktm2507]
    #7678821 - 11/25/07 04:42 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think the dowels have lions mane culture (growth), not spores - have not heard of dowels containing spores before.

Anyway, you might be able to have some luck indoors using sawdust. Take a couple of pounds of moist sawdust (you can use fuel pellets that you can get in 40 pound bags in the winter - just add warm water and you will have wet sawdust). Place in a gallon plastic ziplock bag and put in a microwave oven until good and hot (oven starts to steam up), then allow to cool to room temperature. Add some pellets and shake to mix them evenly with the sawdust. Punch a few air holes in the bag. Place in a dark location at about 70-75 degrees F (around 22 C) for a couple weeks until the sawdust is covered with mycelium. Then expose to light and place in a slightly cooler, humid location and hopefully lions mane mushroom will grow out of the holes.

AOLSD

--------------------
See AmericaOnLSD!

OfflineCryogenicz
what?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: newby getting started with lions mane [Re: AmericaOnLSD]
    #7678833 - 11/25/07 04:45 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Why don't you contact the guy who sold it to you on ebay?

-Graham

--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
Mushroom Spawn, Cultures, Fungi Bags, Casings, Master Grain Jars, Bags for In-vitro, Laboratory supplies, and much more!
Mushroom Supplies. Fast Turnaround Times. Great Service.
orders@mycopath.com
enter code shroomery for 10% off product.

www.FungiForum.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags