Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
Loc: DEA Research Deptpartment
Do you give home grown shrooms for free?
    #766926 - 07/22/02 08:20 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This only applies if you grow your own shrooms.
Do you give them to your friends and fellow trippers for free when you shroom with them? Or do you charge them?

I give everybody I shroom with personally a five finger discount and don't charge anyone in the group.

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBob_J
Spaced outRabbit

Loc: alberta canada
Re: Do you give home grown shrooms for free? [Re: shroom_assassin] * 2
    #766951 - 07/22/02 08:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i have to charge or else my friends would know. there the type unfortunitaly that blab things i think, although they wont admit to it.
so i would if i could, but i cant so fuck it. i just put the $ towards other new plants and/or spore strains, etc. however when i do sell it i tell them i got a whole oz of it for $100 so i sell it to them at "cost" which works out to about $3g

Bob

--------------------

"With insomnia your never really asleep, and your never really awake"

Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
Re: Do you give home grown shrooms for free? [Re: Bob_J]
    #766975 - 07/22/02 08:34 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hehe its the other way around for me. All my friends know I have that shit (long story) so I basically feel bad about charging them.

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

Offlineanton420man
reefer addict
Loc: unfasionable western spir...
Re: Do you give home grown shrooms for free? [Re: shroom_assassin]
    #767154 - 07/22/02 09:37 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i haven't yet, but i plan to share freely when i get it going.
that's actually what drove me to find this wonderful site.
you see, i just went to the Oregon Country Fair, and i got royally ripped off by some punk who had me over a barrel, and he knew it. there just wasn't any other stuff available, so if i wanted to get high, i had to pay his price. i paid $20 for a single mild dose (1.5-2 g.). i should have gotten at least 1/8 for that price. i was pissed, but i made the best of it, and had fun anyway. (mellow lvl.2 trip, drum circle, and then acoustic guitar and singing around the bonfire. i love those kind of trips.)
i decided then not to ever be caught in that situation again. i will see to it that my group and myself are well taken care of. i hope to yield enough to be able to share outside of our immediate circle as well, and perhaps spare someone else the disappointment i felt.

P.S.- karma did pay me back for that overpriced dose, though. right at the end of the night, when i was gathering my stuff to go back to camp, i found a sack of weed laying in the grass just outside of the firelight. i found that to be very fitting. i love karmic energy.

--------------------
"Weed will get you through times of no money
better than money will get you through times of no weed."
Freewheelin' Franklin Freak

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Do you give home grown shrooms for free? [Re: shroom_assassin] * 1
    #767272 - 07/22/02 10:15 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If i was to grow shrooms... which of course would be illegal, I'd give them th friends for free .

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (07/22/02 10:16 AM)

OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
Re: Do you give home grown shrooms for free? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #767306 - 07/22/02 10:25 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

nope.. i was thinking about it... but ive only told a couple of my friends that im growing and to never tell anyone that i do, so far they have kept their mouths shut and i trust them because if they do eventually blab their mouths the price is going up for them... and they told me to never give away shrooms for free... the first time you do they will always be asking for more... i have a set base price of 20-30 an 1/8.. and to people i hate 40... shrooms are not around often where i am and even when you do get them they are not of quality... once i ate 5 grams and had a level 1 trip...

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #767315 - 07/22/02 10:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I refused to receive any monetary compensation from any of my friends for allowing them to partake in the sacred mushroom experience. I wanted to grow the shrooms mainly for myself, and after I finally experienced them I wanted to share that experience with all of my close friends. Making them pay me for something like that just seems wrong.

Once, however, one of my friends knew someone who wanted to buy some shrooms from me. Since I didn't have very much money, and I didn't know this person; I decided to charge him. I did it at a very reasonable price, though.

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: Do you give home grown shrooms for free? [Re: JohnnyR]
    #767404 - 07/22/02 10:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This is how my friend works things. To friends he gives away quarters for free once every week or so. For others he'll charge to the full extent he can, just because most people are bastards if you give them something for free ( or cheap) even once. It all works out well for me, because I can always get some free mushrooms!

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlinewigbinner
Stranger
Re: Do you give home grown shrooms for free? [Re: shroom_assassin] * 1
    #767441 - 07/22/02 11:10 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

yep, because when you've had the experiences i've had with my trip buddies, i would feel like a dirty greedy bastard if i took their money. money is a pitiful exchange for a trip with your friends. and also it fun if they know that occasionally some shrooms will be ready and i get to surprise them with a trip. the pleasure i get from helping my friends tune in is payment enough for me.

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #767476 - 07/22/02 11:23 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you reall appreciate your friends AND our sacred mushrooms, you would never consider makeing your friends throw down.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
Re: Do you give home grown shrooms for free? [Re: pleezr]
    #767483 - 07/22/02 11:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

thats how I feel

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

Offlinedickdeadly
rælity

Loc: in my mind
    #767489 - 07/22/02 11:32 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

but what if they?re only your friends because you?re giving them free shrooms??? if you stopped giving them to them and they stopped talking to you, for instance

--------------------

Character is how you act when you think no one is watching

Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
Re: Do you give home grown shrooms for free? [Re: dickdeadly]
    #767509 - 07/22/02 11:39 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

well what if you were friends with these people before they ever knew you had shrooms.

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

Offlineanton420man
reefer addict
Loc: unfasionable western spir...
Re: Do you give home grown shrooms for free? [Re: dickdeadly]
    #767549 - 07/22/02 11:58 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

if your friends are like that, find new friends.

--------------------
"Weed will get you through times of no money
better than money will get you through times of no weed."
Freewheelin' Franklin Freak

Invisiblemalibu76
Stranger
    #767579 - 07/22/02 12:11 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

my dog is a very giviing dog. He enjoys the opportunity to share his harvest and let his friend benefit from it. It feels good. Saves em money too!

--------------------
See ya later,

"All posts made by this username are entirely fictional, except for this sentence"...

Offlinedickdeadly
rælity

Loc: in my mind
Re: Do you give home grown shrooms for free? [Re: malibu76]
    #767624 - 07/22/02 12:29 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

sure, it?s a great idea to give to your friends, but people get greedy. you have to pick very carefully who you give em to.
on a side note, what would happen if you gave your pet (dog or cat) shrooms to eat??

--------------------

Character is how you act when you think no one is watching

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #767796 - 07/22/02 01:27 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Since I only ever grow enough mushrooms for personal use (maybe one other shroom buddie if i'm lucky) I never have to give away or sell my mushrooms. However, I told one of my friends about this site and he started growing mushrooms a little "bulker" than me (I'm still better though). Anybody that he trips with gets free mushrooms. Anybody, even his good friends, will pay for any mushrooms that are not eaten with him. I asked him why and he told me if people wanted to trip with people other than him then they can find mushroom from people other than him. In most cases he will only sell when they have tried their hardest to find some but turned up dry.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #767807 - 07/22/02 01:32 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

My friend who grows will give them out for free / in exchange for other stuff or favors in the future. Only to very close friends and the ones he COMPLETELY trusts can handle them.

In reply to:

...but what if they're only your friends because you're giving them free shrooms??? if you stopped giving them to them and they stopped talking to you, for instance...

Riiight - you probably shouldnt give shrooms out to just anyone and 'make friends' like that. If you have friends - start growing - then give to those friends you had (and trust more then average) before you gave them shrooms... then why would they stop being your friend when you run out of mushrooms?

OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Loc: Atlantis
    #767823 - 07/22/02 01:36 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

To me shrooms are spiritual, I could never ever never never sell shrooms for cash. That would be totally contrary to the experience and I think it would be bad karma. I may trade for weed or something but haven't done that either. I may not even be able to do that. I can give freely with friends but never sell.

Buzz

--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
Re: Do you give home grown shrooms for free? [Re: BuzzDoctor] * 1
    #768549 - 07/22/02 05:47 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The thing about me is that everytime I grow some out, none of my friends ever want to do them. I have about 4 friends who have tried shrooms before but they dont really care for them. Every now and then they will trip with me but thats very rare. I even offered to give them a lot of shrooms that I have picked, but no one ever wants. I have like a ounce and half of dried cubes that are just sitting here collecting dust. I like to trip, but I usually space out the time so that I trip good when I do, so theres no way I can eat all those shrooms. This past sat. though, I traded 7 grams of them with my girlfriends friend for a tab. I also usually trade some shrooms for weed when I need it also. Im just addicted to the growing part not as much as the tripping part.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags