Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Loc: Coconut tree #323, in the...
Psilocybe cubensis "Equador" and "Creeper" PF-Tek cased
    #767380 - 07/22/02 10:47 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey some of you might have read my post over at http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1
Well here is the start of the grow log I promised.

Day1 - I've decided that in order to reach a yield of 50g , I'm better off shooting for the stars rather than aiming for the 50g specifically. So today I went out and ordered 2 cases of jars, thats 24 1/2 pint plus the two I have at home. Tomorrow I pick up the two cases and inoculate 26 BRF jars with the EQ strain.

--------------------
We're all our father's fastest swimmers!

Edited by Annom (12/22/04 01:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Grow Log [Re: mushroomaniac]
    #767429 - 07/22/02 11:05 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Good to hear you began, i want to see how this one turns out!

How many syringes do you have/are ordering? Are you trying that 1/2 syringe per cake idea again?

If you dont there is another way to speed colonization alot. Use 5 innoculation holes, 4 on the sides and 1 in the middle. That can shoot colonization time down to 7-10 days

Good luck!
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Grow Log [Re: Fd3000]
    #768336 - 07/22/02 04:27 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Day2 - I just finished making some syringes of some of my FAT ASS Dark EQ Prints. In total, 2 rather large prints were used. I will be using roughly 4.5cc per jar. Here are the pictures...?the water in these syringes were crystal clear befores spores went in ?

--------------------

Edited by mushroomaniac (07/24/02 03:26 PM)

OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

#768523 - 07/22/02 05:36 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

3-4 weeks, either jesus is helping you or you mixed your spore water with some speed or crack or something like that :P

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Grow Log [Re: Mr_Puke]
    #768555 - 07/22/02 05:51 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Damn, thanks for the motivation dood!

--------------------

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

#768671 - 07/22/02 06:28 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Wow fuck you have like a 70 cc dark ass syringe there, good job!

Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Grow Log *DELETED* [Re: Fd3000]
    #771292 - 07/23/02 05:25 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by mushroomaniac

--------------------

OfflineEkuenchuocha
<none>
Loc: An Island
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Picture Grow Log [Re: mushroomaniac]
    #772133 - 07/24/02 01:25 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

good luck, and post alot of pics, and go into detail on what you are doing

--------------------
If you can't convince them, confuse them.

OfflineKingBolete
enthusiast

Loc: Gulf Coast
    #772654 - 07/24/02 07:49 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey there,

Hey, that's my light...you should do real good with those jars!! Heheh!

Best regards,

KingBolete

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Grow Log [Re: KingBolete]
    #773137 - 07/24/02 11:09 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Okay so here we go, I?m going to go into as much detail as possible but this is my first grow log... I am going to be using BRF cakes and then case them in Pro-Mix I picked up at a gardening store ?peatmoss, perlite, manure?.

Here is what I used...24 Canning Jars, Vermiculite, Brown Rice Flour, Large container to mix in and of course a measuring cup.

Step-1
I used roughly 2/3 cup vermiculite, 1/4 BRF and 1/4 water for each jar ?24 in total?, I say roughly because my jars are slightly bigger than 1/2 pint. Firstly I added vermiculite to the container ?17.3 cups? in total ?26 x 2/3?

I then added the BRF ?6.5 cups? in total.

After the BRF was added I used a spoon to try and even of the consistency of the BRF before adding water.

Everything was then mixed up really damn good, until the consistency and moisture was at a standard. ?Note to self, use bigger container next time, this can bea real mess when mixing?

Step-2
I got my nice new jars and filled them with the formula, leaving about a 1inch space from the top of the jar

Here they are looking all nice and filled up, you really wont believe how much work is involved when filling 24 jars! ? Note to self...buy a pressure cooker!?

Finally got all filled, they look pretty.

I then took a few napkins and proceeded to wipe the inside top of the jar, I?ve learn?t my lesson, I really wiped this shit clean as contaminans once entered jars from this eccess formula left on the sides. My finger hurts now.

Hmm I have ran out of upload bandwith...i guess no more pictures today...

--------------------

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

#773706 - 07/24/02 02:43 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have the same bowl and measuring cup as you

This looks like its going to be a great grow log from all the detail your puttin into it, good work so far!

What strain(s) did you choose?
Fd

--------------------

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Grow Log [Re: Fd3000]
    #774099 - 07/24/02 05:09 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Plain ole? dry Vermiculite was then added to the space at the top of the jar in order to ?hopefully? act as a barrier to contaminants.

The jar?s were then covered with their lids and I proceded to wrap the jar ?from underneath up? so that no extra water would enter the jars during the sterilization process.

Step3 - The Jars were then stacked in a large mofo cooking pot and prepared for sterilization.

The pot was then filled 1/4 way up, so as to reach the middle of the bottom jar layer. The sterilization of the jars were accomplished by boiling the jars for approx 2 hrs, where the jars were then moved to a sterilized oven to cool down over the next 6 hours.

The oven was sterilized by preheating to 550 for 20 mins, instead of leaving the jars in the pot to cool down ?I had 10 other jars to sterilize?

Step4 - The syringe was prepared for innoculation by heating the needle ?sterilization? while sucking sterile air into the needle in order to shake about the spores.

The sterile needle was then inserted to the 5 innoculation holes at the top where approx 1cc of spore solution was used at each innoculation point. 18 jars were innoculated with the EQ strain, and the other six with the Creeper strain. ?Note to self, NEVER USE 60cc Syringes!?

After innoculation, the top of the jar was wraped with a piece of foil so as to help keep contams out.

All 24 jars were then stored in a nice dark warm room.

Finally Phase 1 complete, however the 60cc EQ syringe kept leaking like a BITCH, dropping innoculant on the jar tops. The syringe was also very rich in spores resulting in a blockage at times. The syringe was also hard to handle at times. I?ve learn?t already that it?s better to use 6 10cc syringes rather than one 60cc syringe. There is a gut feeling that jars innoculated with the large syringe may face contamination, I hope not! It?s been a long day, time to eat!

--------------------

Edited by mushroomaniac (07/25/02 03:48 AM)

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #774130 - 07/24/02 05:17 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

I then took a few napkins and proceeded to wipe the inside top of the jar, I've learn't my lesson, I really wiped this shit clean as contaminans once entered jars from this eccess formula left on the sides.

Yeah I think alot of people get contams cause the don't wipe the 1/2" inside of the jar before putting the dry Verm layer in.
I forgot to wipe it once and contams made there way into my jars.

Nice grow log.....good luck!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinedi11rod

fantastic start [Re: Roadkill]
    #774203 - 07/24/02 05:44 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Your level of detail on this grow log is very high and is appreciated. If you can, please keep it as detailed as this.

At first when I read your proposal, I chuckled to myself. Not that I felt myself superior to you, but you have to recognize that a lot of people come through these forums with some huge ambitions and an unmatching level of patience or dedication. Your grow log so far, however, immediately seperates you from these other half-cocked, sky-high unrealistic dreamers. You are taking great care to protect against contams and have a solid understanding of grow technique. I'm not convinced you are going to meet your deadline on this project, but it's going to be exciting to watch you try. It's sort of like that movie "Smokey and the Bandit" where Burt Reynolds has this intense deadline to go pick up all this beer for a party and bring it back.

I am definitely rooting for the Bandit on this one.

di11rod

Offlinetherewatchingme
The GreatMilenko

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: di11rod]
    #776608 - 07/25/02 04:34 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
[Everything stated above is, fictional, and is a result of a delusional mind, role playing]

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: fantastic start [Re: therewatchingme]
    #777429 - 07/25/02 11:13 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks allot for the compliments

--------------------

Edited by mushroomaniac (07/25/02 11:16 PM)

OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

Re: fantastic start [Re: mushroomaniac]
    #778483 - 07/26/02 12:17 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Looks like you got everything in order. Good luck

InvisibleDarkmoon
Thinker

#785215 - 07/29/02 08:18 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey man, like everyone else said great log, and keep up the good work!!

any new pics or updates, wonder how those jars are lookin??

Best of luck!!!

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: fantastic start [Re: Darkmoon]
    #786067 - 07/30/02 09:41 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Will upload new pictures tonight, bu tto give a quick rundown, some of the jars are having some probs, colonization has seemed to hault on some of them...it's wierd, I'm not sure what the problem is.

--------------------

OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

#786270 - 07/30/02 11:26 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

well your goal is kind of "unheard" of i guess you can put it? I mean it takes a month just to colonize especially with the tek you have chosen. If i would you i would have started this a while ago. I mean your talking 500 grams wet. Are you going to be casing those? I sure hope you are. Cause if your planning on fruiting them on cakes, hahahah GOOD LUCK! No discouragement tho. Hope everything goes well in the coming weeks for you

Edited by Mr_Puke (07/30/02 11:28 AM)

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: fantastic start [Re: Mr_Puke]
    #786509 - 07/30/02 01:42 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Funny you might say that, I am also re-thinking my schedule and it is kinda hard to achieve, I blame lack of experience for my bad judgement of time...and I am planning on doing about 4 large casings. I am running into problems already...just look for yourself...

Don?t be fooled these are the two most accelerated colonizations

creeper

eq

Now if you cant see the detail ?sorry about picture quality? the mcy seems as if it is dry?ish and has overlayed on the BRF ?If I?m using the correct terminology?...logically the only reason I can see for this happening is not enough water in the jars, this may infact be the case as it is the first time I have prepared so much substrate, will it help if I eject the jars with sterile water asap as an attempt to resaturate the substrate...or am I wasting my time? Feedback is welcomed!!

--------------------

Edited by mushroomaniac (07/30/02 01:46 PM)

OfflineAbyss
Fist full of Mushrooms
Male

Loc: NorCal
    #786534 - 07/30/02 01:55 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey mushroomaniac,
Found something that might help you
reach your goal...--> Go Here
Hope this helps!

Peace Love & Hair Grease,
Abyss

Offlinedi11rod

Re: fantastic start [Re: Abyss]
    #787275 - 07/30/02 09:06 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I am pretty certain that Abyss referred you to that link to assist you after your cakes are 100% colonized. I wanted to point out that you shouldn't attempt to dunk your uncolonized cakes.

di11rod

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: fantastic start [Re: di11rod]
    #787579 - 07/31/02 04:03 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hmmm, take that as bit of an insult! I may be a journeyman, but I ain't an idiot! hehe

--------------------

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #789802 - 08/01/02 04:38 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I had jars that I thought were looking dry. But eventually they got to where they wanted to go i'd just give it time. Don't mess with em. Don't even look at em for a couple of days. If the mycelium start to receed, then you should worry. But I bet you anything that every day it will be a little further. Sometimes jars just go slow. Don't let peoples "quick" colonizations fool you. Sometimes jars can take up to a month to finish.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: fantastic start [Re: Mr_Puke]
    #789924 - 08/01/02 05:47 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Lookin good so far mushroommaniac!

"Are you going to be casing those? I sure hope you are. Cause if your planning on fruiting them on cakes, hahahah GOOD LUCK"

He had a post where we discussed this and we figured it possible withought casing, just takes alot of karma+luck.....

Fd

--------------------

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: fantastic start [Re: Fd3000]
    #792529 - 08/02/02 10:53 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Raadt...thanks for the great advice, I still think the mcy is looking kind of dry, but amazingly and to my suprise it's growing, I left the jars untouched for a few days and funny enough a few of em are almost fully colonized.
Well it's obvious that I am not going to make the 4 week deadline, but I'm keeping the log going Today as stated I carefully inspected all 24 jars in hopes of indentifying any contaminants, the bad news is that I have lost 1 jar to contaminants 'the last jar I innoculated' because Innoculation got monotonous and I seemed to lower my sterility standard. The good news is that the 23 other jars are looking squeeky clean and I have 1jar to try an outdoor tek with! I will upload some pictures later on tonight...my cam needs batteries.

--------------------

Edited by mushroomaniac (08/02/02 10:57 AM)

Offlineknurd
enthusiast

#792587 - 08/02/02 11:22 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you were hear I would help you out .........fifty gs dry
Keep the fath you are doing good
Keep the log up I like to watch......

--------------------
PLEASE DON'T PM ME FOR FREE SPORES I GAVE AT THE OFFICE

Now I will trade when I can

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: fantastic start [Re: knurd]
    #792698 - 08/02/02 12:44 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

As promised here are the pictures...

1 EQ Jar ?contam?!?? - Funny enough, I actually thought that this jar contained the contam, on closer inspection I can actually see healthy myc growth, could it just be myc piss or simple discolouration or am I wrong!

1Creeper Jar - I am pleasently suprised that the Creeper has actually caught up to the EQ in terms of colonization speed!

1 EQ Jar - Man I just love this strain, I got the original off of sporeworks and it has worked for me beautiful ever since, best investement ever made, so beautiful that I really have?nt had the urge to grow any other strain.

Thats alll for now.

--------------------

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

#794713 - 08/03/02 05:19 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

That is definately a contam in the first jar there......... I bet if you remove the foil from the top and take a whiff,,,,, it will smell like complete nastyness stupid bacteria......... other than that, looking good! keep us updated

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: fantastic start [Re: DazedSol]
    #796364 - 08/04/02 05:22 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>> I bet if you remove the foil from the top and take a whiff

I am sure it will smell bad, but please don't smell it, for YOUR sake!

OfflineNeonBlack
enthusiast
    #797768 - 08/05/02 11:21 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with you. It looks like healthy fluffy mycelium that got smashed against the side of the jar. Perhaps that part got a little bit too wet as well. If it has started to shrink away from the sides of the jar, I would bang the top of the jar on the counter to bring the cake away from the bottom and sides and see how it went. If it has a strange smell then beware but otherwise I'd probably case it with the others.

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: fantastic start [Re: NeonBlack]
    #798125 - 08/05/02 02:30 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I finally built up the confidence to smell the sucker, and it smells fine, nothing like bacteria.

--------------------

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
    #828907 - 08/19/02 06:20 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My friend had a few iffy contam situations. He moved the questionable jars away from the good ones for a bit to ensure nothing spread, if contaminated. In the end, 1 of the questionable jars was a real contam, but he was glad he seperated them just incase.

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: fantastic start [Re: tak_old]
    #831995 - 08/21/02 03:34 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Update?

--------------------

Offlinestwangetweezer
Phamily
Loc: Middde Earth
Re: fantastic start [Re: Fd3000]
    #833633 - 08/21/02 02:25 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That 30 day mark is coming up do you think youll have them in time?

--------------------

Holy shit Phish is back the boys have ended there hiatus this one of the greatest days of my life dreams do come true i have chills going down my spine time to go back on phish tour.

Phish will be playing:
madison square garden 12/31/02
hampton coliseum(THE MOTHER SHIP) 1/02/03 -1/04/03

Anonymous

Re: fantastic start *DELETED* [Re: stwangetweezer]
    #834600 - 08/21/02 08:53 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by sneakybastage420

Offlineprimal_future
Wizard
Re: fantastic start [Re: ]
    #836620 - 08/22/02 04:40 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I bet his friends who paid for everything are pissed! Too bad he gave it up though. The log started out so promising, even if his deadline was unrealistic. I wonder if mommy found his stash?

primal

--------------------
All pictures posted by me were found on the internet. Moreover, I do not grow mushrooms containing controlled substances nor do I possess any controlled substances.

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

#847716 - 08/27/02 06:20 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry about the lack in updates, but I have been really busy with organizing university credits and stuff!

'His friends must be really pissed'

No they ain't, circumstances have come up where I had to decrease time spent monitoring the grow. But Good news is I'm still at it...

Here is the update....

Finally those god dawn cakes have fully colonized, this has been the slowest colonization time I have ever experienced, I partly blame the rescent cold weather 'hell you gotta blame something.

14 EQ cakes were removed from the jars and dunked for 24hrs in a large pot filled with water.

A fairly large casing approx, 10' x18' was then prepared with the 6 jars of Creeper. This Casing was done by simply...

1. Sterilizing casing tray.
2. Inserting the cakes individually in a plasic bag, crushing them and emptying the crushed cakes in the casing tray.
3. Moist pasterized vermiculite '15 mins in microwave' was then layered ontop of the crushed cakes.
4. The tray was covered with tinfoil, holes were poked in the foil with a fork to help with gas exchange..

After this they were moved to the fruiting chamber as shown below.

--------------------

Edited by mushroomaniac (08/28/02 04:20 AM)

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: fantastic start *DELETED* [Re: mushroomaniac]
    #848423 - 08/28/02 04:22 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by mushroomaniac

--------------------

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

#848685 - 08/28/02 07:21 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here is a picture of the cakes ?double stacked? in the terrium, These cakes were placed there early last night, the terrium is misted twice daily and fanned twice daily.

The terrium is simply a 12? x 24? aquarium, with a fish pump ?running 24/7? ?double pumper? used for air exchange. An air hose from the pump also was coiled up at the bottom of the tank under the perlite, and wire mesh. The air hose was capped at one end, and many tiny pin punchures were put in the hose in order to uniform air output through out the entire bottom of the terrium. This also seems to raise humidity as the extremely wet perlite constatly bubbles. The wire mesh was used so that the cakes do not get over saturated from teh extremely wet perlite.

Here is another view...

This is the 6 cake casing covered...

What seems to be little dust particles all over the foil is actually the result of my stupidity. I pored out the perlite into the terrium while still in the closet. I forgot that perlite also tends a chalk like material in teh bag due to the perlite pieces being crushed.
?Note to self empty perlite in a very open area.?

Here is the casing showing colonization after only 2 days.

--------------------

InvisibleUFOz8MyGoat
The Governator Sayz Go Chagaz
Male

Loc: USA
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28th! [Re: mushroomaniac]
    #848780 - 08/28/02 08:19 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

gotta give you props on this log very nice and detailed.I've been following it eagerly waiting for updates

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: UFOz8MyGoat]
    #848905 - 08/28/02 09:23 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I have decided that the 4 remaining cakes will be used for an outdoor tek. It will be my first time and I've always wanted tp try.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: mushroomaniac]
    #850581 - 08/29/02 06:00 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here is the casing 1 day later ?today?

Nice grown in less than 30 hrs I would think.

I have decided to patch the casing in an attempt to even out myc grown. Moist vermicultie was placed in a small container, and microwaved for 10 mins, after the vermiculite was cooled, it as placed on visible myc growth.

Hopefully this will give the center of the casing some time to catch up., we?re almost ready for friuting conditions I would think.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

#853524 - 08/30/02 02:56 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here is how the cakes in the terrium look as to date...

It is easy to notice fluffy white growth on the cakes

Here is another view

--------------------

Offlinemile69
wonderer/wanderer ૐ
 User Gallery

Loc: other side of the world
    #856608 - 09/01/02 09:21 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

ive been followinf your log for a while now.  every thing looks great, hope it stays that way (great that is :grin:) good luck

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: mile69]
    #861650 - 09/03/02 12:00 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here is an update

My casing has been moved to a terrium for fruiting conditions...within 24hrs I have noticed what seems to be the formation of pins...

I checked again a few hours later and a few obvious pins have appeared. So far the casing is looking good so far.

The cakes on the other hand have been giving me problems. It is the first time I have used my current tank setup and it seems to hold humidity ?and heat? allot better that me previous setup. The cakes have been constantly producing what I call ?cotton wool? or fluffy myc, with little pinning.

It is very obvious that the temp in the terrium is way too high. Therefore I have placed a large metal cup ?filled with water and frozen? into the terrium which I replace when it has melted.

I definately prefer casings over cakes and day of the week.

--------------------

OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

#862717 - 09/04/02 01:25 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Your casing looks a lil green under the gills. Maybe its just the picture...

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: Mr_Puke]
    #862810 - 09/04/02 03:16 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You`re right Mr Puke.
Take a look at the bottom right corner, looks a bit green, then look at the rest and suddenly you notice the greenish tint.

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #862897 - 09/04/02 04:43 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hey thanks for the observations, after looking at the casing , it fortunately was just the picture, not a single sign of contams, I'll upload some pictures later.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

#863095 - 09/04/02 07:01 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here is a picture of the casing today...see no green contams :smile:  Note this a only a small subsection of the overall casing.

Another picture...

I am really dissapointed with the performance of the cakes, I am going to try cold shocking, if performance does not improve I will harvest what is there and use the cakes to spawn some poo.

--------------------

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #863795 - 09/04/02 02:31 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome job so far. Whats going on with the cakes exactly? Im on my first grow ever (right now in the jars 95% colonized) and Im curious so the same thing doesn't happen. Is it too much humidity and heat?

Keep up the awesome work man

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: tekramrepus]
    #863846 - 09/04/02 02:59 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I've been told before that this is an indication that the humidity is too high. I however usually cold shock my cakes by placing them in the freezer for a few hours and drop them back in the terrium. This way, even if you humidity is a little off, pinning will occur. I'm sure can be argued.

--------------------

Offlinestwangetweezer
Phamily
Loc: Middde Earth
    #863935 - 09/04/02 03:55 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My kat usually cold shocks his in the fridge for 12 hours with the jars in ziplocks they usally pin within 2- 5 days

--------------------

Holy shit Phish is back the boys have ended there hiatus this one of the greatest days of my life dreams do come true i have chills going down my spine time to go back on phish tour.

Phish will be playing:
madison square garden 12/31/02
hampton coliseum(THE MOTHER SHIP) 1/02/03 -1/04/03

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: stwangetweezer]
    #864331 - 09/04/02 07:31 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Don`t use the freezer mushroommaniac.
the temperature is too cold for cold-shocking.
You`re going to destroy your mycelium.

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #864393 - 09/04/02 08:01 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hey Derrayld, I have only ever used the freezer...I have always had great results.

--------------------

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #864530 - 09/04/02 09:54 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

HMMMM Perculiar.
Learn something new everyday.
I think though that it`s still overkill.
You only cold shock to start the fruiting cycle.
So all that is needed is a few degrees dropped, that is why the fridge is ideal.
I think the freezer will probably set you back some time because you are stunting the mycelium.

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #865001 - 09/05/02 06:44 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

I am really dissapointed with the performance of the cakes

Someone else is catching on....... they are a waste of time to fruit, only good for spawn.

That casing does look a bit green in the first couple pics, but your camera can play many tricks. I bet its slight blueing.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: pleezr]
    #865041 - 09/05/02 07:08 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here is how the casing looks today...it?s not the prettiest set
i?ve seen but what more can you ask from a plain verm casing. As you can see the myc is extremely aggresive with this strain, and if you ook at the bottom right of the picture w can also see a mutation of some sort that exists on 2 other ones.

As for the cakes, they show signs of improved pinning, but what is an improvement from total shit...just impressive shit. I?m thinking of casing em? or spawning some poo.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

#865065 - 09/05/02 07:20 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here is another picture..?god I hate mutations!!? Some of my mushrooms have tumors!

--------------------

OfflineVividDreams
Earthling

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' 3..2..1..TAKEOFF!! [Re: mushroomaniac]
    #865544 - 09/05/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hey they look great to me!
One question and it's probably a stupid one...
Are "mutated mushrooms" safe to eat?
I would think they would be,but had to ask...

Anyways I love your log! Keep up the good work and GREAT pics!!!

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' 3..2..1..TAKEOFF!! [Re: VividDreams]
    #866153 - 09/05/02 07:21 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I've also had problems with cakes getting really fluffy but nothing happens. Never figured out what happened and tossed the cake away. Anyone have any remedies? Also what is cat?

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' 3..2..1..TAKEOFF! [Re: daussaulit]
    #866185 - 09/05/02 07:53 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

'I've also had problems with cakes getting really fluffy but nothing happens. Never figured out what happened and tossed the cake away. Anyone have any remedies?'

Humidity is too high...cold shock cakes to start pinning.

'Are "Mutated Mushrooms" safe to eat?'

Sure as hell they are, I simply do not like them because I like my casings too look pretty :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' 3..2..1..TAKEOFF!! [Re: mushroomaniac]
    #866374 - 09/06/02 01:08 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Nice to see some mushrooms finally comming along!

Cold shock in the freezer, why? It wont kill the mycelia because its on in there for a short time but it might damage it. Even if it didn't damage it what would be the point? There is no reason to put them in the freezer...

Keep the pics commin!
Fd

--------------------

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' 3..2..1..TAKEOFF! [Re: Fd3000]
    #866566 - 09/06/02 05:17 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here are some more pictures of the casing today...these fruit body mutations are starting to piss me off, is this resulting from my strain or type pf casing layer?

Third picture ?above?, bottom right...?siamese mushrooms!? scary

--------------------

Edited by mushroomaniac (09/06/02 05:20 AM)

OfflineJovialLeprechaun
reasonableperson
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' 3..2..1..TAKEOFF! [Re: mushroomaniac]
    #867536 - 09/06/02 02:29 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

man mushrooms look like wangs.

--------------------
I am a reasonable person.

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' 3..2..1..TAKEOFF! [Re: JovialLeprechaun]
    #867659 - 09/06/02 04:12 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

lol

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' 3..2..1..TAKEOFF! [Re: tak_old]
    #868208 - 09/07/02 03:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

These are them today...

These fruits are allot bigger than I expected from a verm casng, some of them are really pretty big, take a look at that coiled up mutated shroom.

--------------------

OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

#868246 - 09/07/02 04:19 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Nice mushes :smile: I remember when this just start. Now look... you have a little retard in there he's opening up to you  :grin:

Offlinemile69
wonderer/wanderer ૐ
 User Gallery

Loc: other side of the world
    #868504 - 09/07/02 07:22 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

like ive previously stated...this log rocks. you get a 5 star mushy rating from me. my last project was actually modelled after yours. i hope the end result (caing that is) ends up like this. grow on:)

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #868947 - 09/07/02 01:22 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Great log, too bad you didn't make your goal though. Better luck nextime.

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: fantastic start [Re: FatSean]
    #869147 - 09/07/02 03:33 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Final first Flush Pictures....

Harvested and weighed, 260g WET, not bad for a first flush, can?t wait for #2.

I have made 12 creeper prints, some are tennis ball saized, anyone wanna trade PM me.

--------------------

OfflineSwondPooping
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Female
Loc: third drawer from the top...
    #876533 - 09/11/02 03:56 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

any more flushes? How is the total weight coming so far.

Great log

K

--------------------
^Pure Fiction^
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: fantastic start [Re: SwondPooping]
    #876668 - 09/11/02 04:59 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Flush #2 is on it's way, I will upload some pictures now.

--------------------

Edited by mushroomaniac (09/11/02 05:07 AM)

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

#876719 - 09/11/02 05:14 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here are some of the pictures from flush #2...on first looking at this flush I notice that the pins are not as fat as flush #1, this may be my fault since I did not re-case after the first flush, however pins are clearly more abundant that the first flush.

--------------------

OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
    #878439 - 09/11/02 03:10 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

dude, i have to give you mad props for this grow log. im really enjoying it. and good work with that casing.

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

OfflineCaliChronic
Loc: Gulf Coast, USA
    #879537 - 09/12/02 01:47 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

looks great cept the overlay on the cakes

--------------------
overgrow

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: CaliChronic]
    #879677 - 09/12/02 03:22 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here is the casing today...

As I said already, flush 2 is not performing as well as the first, a little dissapointing so far.

Many of you may be wondering what I did with all the cakes, well they have been cased. I made two rather large plain verm casings. You may also be wondering why I am not using a 50/50 + method. This is because peat and especially lime stone is very hard to get over here.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

#881726 - 09/13/02 08:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I have just harvested here are some pictures...

Unortunately there were quite a few aborts...great thing though is that you can carry these lill aborts in your pocket and pop em like mints :smile: hehe

I have been very impressed with the fruitbody characteristics of the creeper...it is a very robust strain, the stems and caps are thick and heavy, and they can grow suprisingly big.  I have heard ppl saying that this strain was simply a marketing strategy by STP...renaming another strain, I must say that I have grown quite a few strains in the past and this one seems to be unique.

I plan to dunk this casing and re-case for third flush.

more prints have been made due to the overwhelming response from the first prints made...all 24 are gone.

--------------------

Offlinefreshjive
G.I. Joeprobably atemushrooms
Loc: CubensisVille
    #881800 - 09/13/02 09:40 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Could you explain, or possibly photograph the re-dunk technique with casing's. I'm familiar with dunking for PF style cakes, however never heard anyone dunking on combo with casings... PLEASE!!

Freshjive

--------------------
There are passengers, and there are drivers.
-Shroomers wanted!

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: freshjive]
    #881824 - 09/13/02 09:55 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

will do...

--------------------

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
    #881866 - 09/13/02 10:24 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Wow , I actually wanted to go to bed an hour ago! You?re log had me sitting for ages!
I hope you make your 50 grams dry shrooms! Keep on the log!

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #881929 - 09/13/02 10:57 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here is how I dunk my casing...it really isn?t that different to dunking cakes I might add.

Firstly make sure that all materials and instruments used in the process are sterile.  Be carefull and as sterile as possible in all actions.

Get a CLEAN pot big enough to accomodate your casing...

With a sterile instrument such as a fork...scrape off the excess casing material on the top of the casing getting rid of those pesky little aborts and the spores left from previous flushes.

Then carefully lift the casing from underneath with an instrument and carefully place it in the pot...I use a large knife...a burger flipper is great for this :smile:  The casing should not break as the myc is great at binding the substrate together when forming it?s network.

In this instance I did not have a pot wide enough to accomodate my whole casing so I cut the casing in two with a sterile knive and then carefully moved the two pieces to the pot.

Finally a sterile plate was placed ontop of the two pieces and the pot was filled with water.  In my case I have never had problems using tap water.

The pot was covered and will be left to sit overnight.

The next day, the pieces were removed from the pot one at a time.  The removed piece was placed on sterile foil ?should always be once it?s new?.  The casing was then crumbled up by hand and excess water was squeezed out before placing back into the casing tray.  When both pieces were crumled a casing layer of moist verm was placed on top.  The tray was then covered with foil and left to do it?s thing.

--------------------

Edited by mushroomaniac (09/14/02 04:33 AM)

Offlinefreshjive
G.I. Joeprobably atemushrooms
Loc: CubensisVille
    #885541 - 09/16/02 09:35 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

So in essence you end up scraping the first case layer off, and then re-casing it for more flushes ? If not, i'm just confused.

Freshjive

--------------------
There are passengers, and there are drivers.
-Shroomers wanted!

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: freshjive]
    #887636 - 09/17/02 07:23 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well thats the indea in essence. I don't completely scrape off the casing layer, but just the loose stuff. As I said, gets rid of posible contaminants lurking at the top layer. Also gets rid of the remains of sporulation, which is said to slow pinning.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

#892584 - 09/19/02 04:36 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

All casings jave been put in their fruiting chambers...

The 2 EQ?s

And dunked CR on 3?rd flush, a pin has actually pop up overnight in the fruiting chamber.

thats all for now

--------------------

Edited by mushroomaniac (09/19/02 04:38 AM)

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

#893787 - 09/19/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

WOW!!!!
very nice!!!
those are some sexy mushies hehe

--------------------

OfflineSwondPooping
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Female
Loc: third drawer from the top...
    #894085 - 09/19/02 04:46 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Keep it coming, I can't get enough of this grow log!

Thanks!!!

pc

K

--------------------
^Pure Fiction^
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Loc: South America
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: SwondPooping]
    #894534 - 09/19/02 08:22 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

what cc was that syringe? 35cc? Oh nevermind I just read the 2nd page, it was 60cc.
Just curious cause it looked like one of the old BF Syringes I used to sell, even has the purple needle...... ahh those were the days man, 35cc's for 20 bucks

Edited by blahblahblah (09/19/02 08:27 PM)

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: blahblahblah]
    #906778 - 09/25/02 07:05 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"even has the purple needle...... ahh those were the days man, 35cc's for 20 bucks"

LOL. Ha, that made me laugh!

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

Offlinebeautiful_loser
Stranger
Loc: AZ
    #911362 - 09/27/02 12:52 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Do you have a website set up?  This grow log is probably the most educational thing  I have seen about growing on the internet, it needs a website if you dont already have one, I learned a lot from this, thanks for the detailed log.
:laugh: 

--------------------
You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time
---Steven Wright

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: mushroomaniac]
    #915164 - 09/28/02 03:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: ]
    #916059 - 09/28/02 10:55 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Good luck to you guys, I'll upload some more pictures soon

--------------------

OfflineDelerium04
    #916090 - 09/28/02 11:29 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

how are the cakes doing?

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: Delerium04]
    #919309 - 09/30/02 11:47 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Give us an Update please!

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #919427 - 09/30/02 12:47 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

this is pretty amazing. i spend hours reading and re-reading FAQ's and teks almost every day so as to try to to pound into my SHORT memory span the best way to grow shroom's. (not that i EVER would since it's illegal where i live). but out of EVERYTHING i've read and seen thus far, this is the best and most informative thing i've laid eyes upon. i really think all your posts (and only yours) should be saved and made into a tek of it's own....i mean, seriously, along with pictures and all...this is great. i agree that you really should have a website if you don't have one already.
peace man! :smile: 

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #919549 - 09/30/02 01:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, thanks for all the positive feedback on the grow log, I'm about to upload 3rd flush pictures. 

in reply to 'all your posts should be saved and made into a tek of it's own'

Hehe, thanks for the compliment but I don't think I have done anything original, maybe just put it in a format that everyone esp newbies can understand :smile:  We have been all there and I remember how frustrating learning is, hell I still learn tons from all the more advanced growers here everyday :P

Stay tuned for 3rd flush pics

--------------------

Edited by mushroomaniac (09/30/02 02:11 PM)

Offlinemushroomaniac
Cattle Lover

#919618 - 09/30/02 02:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Here we are...Flush #3, ?after being dunked!?

This was actually interesting, I though that the casing was dead, so I just left it where it was for a few days without monitoring, fanning, or misting, the bubbler was constantly on though, I had planned to take it outside! Next thing I know...

So naturally I start to fan and mist again, and these mushrooms just shot up, this is what happens when I dunk casings. So anyway, it was by NO WAY the prettiest or largest pinset, but some of these fruits were large, in-fact many could not support it?s own weight and thus grew slanted over ?verm casing is also responsible for this?.

The casing was also left unmonitored for 2 days before these pictures were taken, ?surf was good and we camped at a beach?

Cracking on some fruits can be seen because I was not there misting them constantly. This happens when they grow too fast and not enough humidity is present.

Here is a picture of one of the nice sized fruit, weighed a good 38 grams wet actually

More of the fruits were of the size shown below...

Total Weight - 380 wet ?believe it or not?

As for the EQ cakes/casing, I ran into some bad luck with them, I believe the cakes picked up a contam while they were in the terrium. You cant win em all, I will move them outside and hopefully Mother Natutre will correct this.

Thats is, grow log COMPLETE!

--------------------

Edited by mushroomaniac (09/30/02 02:33 PM)

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
    #921019 - 09/30/02 06:01 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap.
encore? :smirk: 

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #1319433 - 02/19/03 11:36 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/07/07 06:15 PM)

OfflineSHR00M0L0GIST
Psilocybin Test Subject
Male

Loc: Mescaland
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #1320208 - 02/19/03 04:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Congradulations!

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
    #1320209 - 02/19/03 04:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i know this log is 4 months old but excellent work 2 thumbs up

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

#1321036 - 02/20/03 03:49 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

lol dose anyone out ther have a clue?

--------------------
work of fiction

http://www.thenook.org/

OfflineNFNF
omghi2u
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: IDontGrow]
    #1525376 - 05/06/03 06:11 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

How did the outdoor tek go for ya? (sorry i bumped it! :wink:)

--------------------
sup d00dz

OfflineNewSpore
Just Starting toSee the Light

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: NFNF]
    #1525437 - 05/06/03 06:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

NFNF
I'm glad you did! Awesome, just what the Dr. ordered................

--------------------
Be in truth and watch the magic happen.
SBP TEK

OfflineJuice7
Spiritualist!!!
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: NewSpore]
    #1525653 - 05/06/03 08:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

This grow log is AMAZING!!!

Ive been readin shit for a while now gettin ready to start my FIRST (yeah im a virgin:) ) but this post def gave me some great info.

thanks dude  :smile:

Offlinefungus888
fungus888

Loc: midwest
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: Juice7]
    #1525909 - 05/06/03 09:13 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

First of all I would like to go along with everyone else and give you the thumbs up on the grow. Even though the cakes didn't go to well, you learned from your mistakes and the casings ended up working out for you the best. Thanks a lot for the info and pics, you are a role model for all of us newbies.

I do have a question for you though-- my cat has 20 cakes that are colonizing at different rates, most almost 100%. I am most likely going to fill the jars with water and cold shock them for 24 hours. I was set on putting all the cakes in a terrarium with perlite humidification and fanning. Now that I have seen your cakes to tell you the truth I am kinda scared to use cakes. Whacha think?? Peace and thanks

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
    #1526932 - 05/07/03 07:34 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Does your casing recover fast after dunking? A foaf simply breaks up after a flush and spawns itr to 5x the amount of bulk substrate. Then you just let colonize, case, fruit, and start over. It delays things About a month but its a very eazy way to multiply your flush 5x (or more).

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: resin]
    #1537471 - 05/10/03 05:26 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

How do you spawn it to 5x the amount of substrate?

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

OfflineNapkinOfDoom
The CombatWombat

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1539040 - 05/11/03 01:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

very very nice....

Anonymous

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: NapkinOfDoom]
    #1880511 - 09/04/03 07:24 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

a few months later and its still helping people(thank you), what an awesome log

Offlinealienated
contaminationgrower

Loc: kali-forn-I-A
    #1937089 - 09/21/03 02:12 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yup, i just got word my heat is too high from the cotton myc. thanks!

--------------------
-m.

I dont even grow these things... I just post for this guy that knows a guy, who's sisters boyfriend dumped about 2 months ago.

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: alienated]
    #1937244 - 09/21/03 04:32 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

im not sure about the way you grew your shrooms but you r george forman grill tek is really impressive!!! look at those perfect grill marks!!!

Anonymous

Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: Lazerouth]
    #1939572 - 09/22/03 01:08 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Great, man... simply great. I'm definately doing this now... you sure helped a shitload. Thanks.

'Shroom on.

Invisiblemushy
mush man
    #1968480 - 10/01/03 01:22 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Nice Job Man

OfflineTold
Artiest

Loc: Rockies
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: mushy]
    #1983406 - 10/06/03 09:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

quit rubbing it in :frown:, seriously guys tell me the damn secret to make your shrooms that huge. its not fair i tells you NOT FAIR! lol

Offlinesantashroom
"PsilocybinSyrup"

Loc: in a field near you
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: Told]
    #2000651 - 10/11/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Wonderful thread very informative.
I'm going to try your bread pan tek so.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #2006160 - 10/13/03 06:41 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

sweet nut dude keep at er pitter patter

Offlineargylekidd
Stranger
Re: '50 Dry Grams in 3-4 Weeks!' Updated AGAIN 28t [Re: Dogomush]
    #2008439 - 10/14/03 01:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

first off, awesome grow log (sure uve heard it enough). im an experienced user but am personally looking into growing and this has helped. id like to know why alot of people are having trouble with the cakes since that seems like the way im going to go

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate