Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblerobinhood2
merry man w/outthe tights!
Dilemma! Rush birthing or no?
    #767056 - 07/22/02 09:03 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Here's the situation. My cakes are still in jars and have JUST now finished colonizing to where the mycellium covers the whole cake. Now here's the dilemma: I have to leave on a trip in exactly two weeks for a wedding, and from that time I will be gone exactly one week. The colonization took longer than I thought, so I did not forsee this crisis coming.

Question: Do I leave the cakes in the jars until I get back, or try to get them out now and birth them in two weeks? The problem is at this time I do not have anyone to tend to them while I am gone, so I will have to leave them idle during that time. Any thoughtful ideas are welcome, please!

Robin

--------------------
"Rob? That's a naughty word, we never rob. We just.. borrow a bit from those who can afford it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dilemma! Rush birthing or no? [Re: robinhood2]
    #767070 - 07/22/02 09:07 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

you could do either.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #767074 - 07/22/02 09:08 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

what strain are they. it may be relavent

Offlinecdlove69
enthusiast
Loc: Never Never Lan
    #767109 - 07/22/02 09:23 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hey maybe you can throw them in the fridge to slow them down, and then pull them out when you get back.

just my thought, don't know if it would work. It just that cold temperatures slow things down so maybe by throwing them in the fridge you could slow it down and give them an extended cold shocking. Anyone able to elaborate on this?

--------------------
Hi Mr. Po-Po... I'm drunk!!!

The Little Guy! <-- Best Syringes I've recieved!
The Hawks Eye <-- Best prints I've recieved!
The Sporeworks <-- Awesome service

Invisiblerobinhood2
Re: Dilemma! Rush birthing or no? [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #767224 - 07/22/02 09:59 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The strain is Matias Romero

--------------------
"Rob? That's a naughty word, we never rob. We just.. borrow a bit from those who can afford it."

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #767323 - 07/22/02 10:31 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I say throw 'em in the fridge.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineLaCasta
Beyond Good andEvil

Loc: Chicago
Re: Dilemma! Rush birthing or no? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #767588 - 07/22/02 12:15 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I say leave them the way they are. They wont pin in the jars in 2 weeks most likely. Just keep them in the dark, and allow for a little air exchange (loosen the lids a bit) When you come back you should have a champ of a fucking cake thats completely colonized in and out, and wont be succeptible to contams.

--------------------

"Memories of high speeds when the cops crash, As I laugh pushin the gas while my glocks blast" -RIP Tupac

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Dilemma! Rush birthing or no? [Re: LaCasta]
    #767663 - 07/22/02 12:42 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The strain in question is Matias Romero, and AFAIK, that's the same as PF Classic. My observations have been that PFC pins invitro very quickly and with no warning -- automatically if you will.

I bet that in three weeks (invitro) after 100% colonization, he will have mushrooms in various stages of development in his jars. I'm sure some will have sporulated, too.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Invisiblerobinhood2
Re: Dilemma! Rush birthing or no? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #767734 - 07/22/02 01:09 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

So now you guys have conflicting answers. See I wanted to lean towards the other response about letting the cakes sit another 2 weeks. The problem is, after two weeks I will be GONE for a week. That means one whole week where I cannot do anything. So if I'm birthing that means no one to fan or harvest. I'm a little skeptical about the refridgerator because I don't want to lose the whole batch, and can't cold shocking induce fruiting? What if I just turn off all my heating units and let it sit in the dark and cold for 3 weeks? Can I keep fruiting away if there's no light?

--------------------

Invisiblerobinhood2
    #768545 - 07/22/02 05:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Is there a 3rd opinion that could split the difference on this? I'm just unsure and I feel like I should make the decision tonight. Really appreciate as much input as possible if there's anyone else who has another take.

Thank you!!! )

Robin Hood

--------------------

OfflineCougheeman
enthusiast
    #768563 - 07/22/02 05:55 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

IME, i would say you should just keep them in a dark place. Just keep them out of light, and you should be good to go. take care

--------------------
Aum Namah Sivaya

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract