Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OnlineMickalopagus
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: If the Christian god is real... [Re: fivepointer]
    #7654131 - 11/19/07 10:23 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
To all the mockers, scoffers, and false religionists you had better hope that scripture is a lie for if it is true:

2Th 1:7-10
And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

fear is an effective means to achieve conformity

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OnlineMickalopagus
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: If the Christian god is real... [Re: Middleman]
    #7654138 - 11/19/07 10:25 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:
I don't have to hope, I KNOW the bible is a lie, I could prove it in court.

How could you disprove the bible? I would honestly love to love to hear every piece of evidence you have that would help to disprove the scriptures.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: If the Christian god is real... [Re: Silversoul]
    #7654288 - 11/19/07 11:29 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I hate it when Christians don't understand that telling people they're going to burn in hellfire for all eternity for having their own opinions isn't really conducive to rational discussion.

The whole idea of hell is ridiculous and contradictory, it was obviously made up to scare people into joining a religion. God's love is so infinite He'd punish His disobedient children infinitely? What the fuck? I really hope that doesn't make sense to you.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (11/19/07 11:30 AM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7654725 - 11/19/07 01:16 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

To all the mockers, scoffers, and false religionists you had better hope that scripture is a lie for if it is true:

Actually pointer my bro. I hope it is true. I have kind of a slow metabolism and get cold easily. Snuggling down into a cozy lake of fire sounds so good on this cold rainy day. Yum.:hellfire: Plus having the absence of God would be a big plus also.:thumbup:

Edited by Icelander (11/19/07 01:18 PM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: If the Christian god is real... [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #7654814 - 11/19/07 01:40 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, have it your way.
But I'm telling you, that nigger won't help you unless you beg. :shrug:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleBirdsIView
Mr. Helms
 User Gallery
Re: If the Christian god is real... [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7655301 - 11/19/07 03:17 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I personally am pretty ignorant to the writings in the bible being that I was raised an atheist. With that said, I believe that the bible is the best way that scholars of that day could express the ideas given to them.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: If the Christian god is real... [Re: BirdsIView]
    #7655353 - 11/19/07 03:29 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

what ideas? All ideas?

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OnlineMickalopagus
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#7655576 - 11/19/07 04:16 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Ok, have it your way.
But I'm telling you, that nigger won't help you unless you beg. :shrug:

I dont understand, what do you mean by that?

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: If the Christian god is real... [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #7655780 - 11/19/07 04:50 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm is was a slight form of sarcasm towards those beliefs. I never expected for someone to take my first comment as being serious :lol:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7655908 - 11/19/07 05:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:

You have rejected the truth so you are calling God a liar.

No. I have rejected a lie, and I am calling the Bible a liar.

As Markos says, Biblical infallibility is Idolatry.

Quote:

fivepointer said:

2Th 2:10-12
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Is it not possible that this passage refers to Xtians such as yourself?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: If the Christian god is real... [Re: Icelander]
    #7656529 - 11/19/07 07:52 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Are you trying to fight fire with fire?

Careful in your debate with a delusional thinker (one on my ignore list). Delusional ideas, apparently by their abnormally persistent rigidity (when nothing in the universe is actually rigid), seems to work like some demonic psychic black hole and draws others into attacking the persistent delusion. The delusional thinker takes some kind of sustanence from these attacks. It is another example of a person who lives in and for the Tollean "Pain Body." :onfire:
The language is all about pain, but not the delusional's pain (which he is clearly in since joyful people do not spit venom). It is nevertheless all about pain and the "Pain Body" which is projected onto everyone who does not partake of this folie a plusieurs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folie_a_deux

Moreover, the "Pain Body" in the Hell fire/Lake of Fire Biblical metaphors are magnified to an eternal condition.  Fundies however, are not sufficiently sophisticated philosophically to understand that eternity does not mean 'endless duration of time.' In fact, when probed, Fundamentalists will say that God 'created' Hell, which means by definition that there is a time when Hell was not, and it cannot therefore be eternal. Eternal duration, even if there could be such a thing in an expanding universe with a point of origin (and a point of contraction perhaps), must necessarily extend past and future, not a line segment which begins at the point of creation. Creation and eternality are two different orders of existence. Making Hell eternal would somehow lend the nature of eternal God to Hell. Some Christian metaphysicians have suggested that the Light of God and the Fire of Hell are the same (like those unprepared to enter the Clear Light of the Void in Buddhism), the only difference being the preparedness of the being entering the Holy Conflagration. To the ego, which dies, it is pain but to the Pure Consciousness, it is the recognition of one's Union with one's own Eternal Nature (God).

I suppose simple dismissal on my part is the lazy approach, but I'd rather deconstruct the weak mental constructs than simply ridicule the delusional person. The problem with religious delusions is their containment of the inflated superiority complex of the delusional. Letting go of the delusion means a rapid deflation of the inflated self-righteous ego with its corresponding sense of specialness before God. The unbearable doubts about God's existence in individuals like this would put your own agnostic doubts to shame. It is my contention that all of this condemnation on the part of Fundamentalists is a tremendous over-compensation for doubts that comprise the Fundamentalist's own psychological Hell.

Arguing with those who differ in understanding strengthens the 'containment field' of this inferiority complex. The 'field' is the protective sphere of woven Biblical verses with which the delusional comes to identify with (the sueriority complex). The identity of the Fundamentalist becomes this (superiority) shell, protecting a very fearful inferiority-ridden person. It is the big-headed fear-inducing Wizard of Oz illusion, when the real person is a scared little man hiding behind a curtained booth pulling the levers of scriptural condemnation with smoke and thunderings and plumes of flame. Very awe-inspiring to a child.

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (11/20/07 05:42 AM)

Offlinefivepointer
Re: If the Christian god is real... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #7656664 - 11/19/07 08:22 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

More useless psycho-babble from the master of heterodoxy. The problem with the "Gnostic" gospel is it can not be reconciled with scripture. Gnostics reject sola scriptura and infallibility of scripture, the Trinity, original sin, the power of the Holy Spirit, eternal punishment, the Deity and even existence of Jesus Christ. They are not Christians.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7656704 - 11/19/07 08:35 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
They are not Christians.

Nor is anyone who questions the infallible interpretation of fivepointer. :bow:

--------------------

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #7657699 - 11/20/07 03:23 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
The problem with the "Gnostic" gospel is it can not be reconciled with scripture.

It cannot be reconciled with an inane, childish and ancient interpretation of scripture.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7657874 - 11/20/07 05:37 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:

More useless psycho-babble from the master of heterodoxy. The problem with the "Gnostic" gospel is it can not be reconciled with scripture. Gnostics reject sola scriptura and infallibility of scripture, the Trinity, original sin, the power of the Holy Spirit, eternal punishment, the Deity and even existence of Jesus Christ. They are not Christians.

I agree with Markos, he's smart and stuff.

But I'd like to throw a few more words at your brick wall anyway.

The Essenes practiced Christianity before Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus is the Anti-Christ, imo.
The violence committed by The Roman Church throughout history and the behavior of modern fundamentalists proves this to be true.

I mean would the true Godchild's emblem really be a dead guy hanging on a tree? No, THAT is the "abomination that causes desolation" imo.

Many Gnostics have understood this:

"In its mystical sense, the Egyptian cross owes its origin, as an emblem, to the realization by the earliest philosophy of an androgynous dualism of every manifestation in nature, which proceeds from the abstract ideal of a likewise androgynous deity, while the Christian emblem is simply due to chance. Had the Mosaic law prevailed, Jesus should have been lapidated. The crucifix was an instrument of torture, and utterly common among Romans as it was unknown among Semitic nations. It was called the "Tree of Infamy." It is but later that it was adopted as a Christian symbol; but, during the first two decades, the apostles looked upon it with horror. It is certainly not the Christian Cross that John had in mind when speaking of the "signet of the living God," but the mystic Tau -- the Tetragrammaton, or mighty name, which, on the most ancient kabalistic talismans, was represented by the four Hebrew letters composing the Holy Word." H.P. Blavatsky's Isis Unveiled

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7658387 - 11/20/07 10:32 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jesus is the Anti-Christ, imo.

:what:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: If the Christian god is real... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #7658395 - 11/20/07 10:33 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Careful in your debate with a delusional thinker (one on my ignore list).

I was just having fun with him is all.

but I'd rather deconstruct the weak mental constructs than simply ridicule the delusional person.

I went the deconstruct route many times with this poster. So I paid my dues and now it's time to relax and have some fun.

I agree with your assessment of the posters mental/emotional state.

--------------------

OnlineMickalopagus
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#7658600 - 11/20/07 11:14 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Hmm is was a slight form of sarcasm towards those beliefs. I never expected for someone to take my first comment as being serious :lol:

dr teasy thighs.. teehee i like that name

--------------------

Offlinehummermania00
Strange Son of aBitch
Male

#7658715 - 11/20/07 11:32 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:

More useless psycho-babble from the master of heterodoxy.  The problem with the "Gnostic" gospel is it can not be reconciled with scripture.  Gnostics reject sola scriptura and infallibility of scripture, the Trinity, original sin, the power of the Holy Spirit, eternal punishment, the Deity and even existence of Jesus Christ.  They are not Christians.

I agree with Markos, he's smart and stuff.

But I'd like to throw a few more words at your brick wall anyway.

The Essenes practiced Christianity before Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus is the Anti-Christ, imo.
The violence committed by The Roman Church throughout history and the behavior of modern fundamentalists proves this to be true.

I mean would the true Godchild's emblem really be a dead guy hanging on a tree? No, THAT is the "abomination that causes desolation" imo.

Many Gnostics have understood this:

"In its mystical sense, the Egyptian cross owes its origin, as an emblem, to the realization by the earliest philosophy of an androgynous dualism of every manifestation in nature, which proceeds from the abstract ideal of a likewise androgynous deity, while the Christian emblem is simply due to chance. Had the Mosaic law prevailed, Jesus should have been lapidated. The crucifix was an instrument of torture, and utterly common among Romans as it was unknown among Semitic nations. It was called the "Tree of Infamy." It is but later that it was adopted as a Christian symbol; but, during the first two decades, the apostles looked upon it with horror. It is certainly not the Christian Cross that John had in mind when speaking of the "signet of the living God," but the mystic Tau -- the Tetragrammaton, or mighty name, which, on the most ancient kabalistic talismans, was represented by the four Hebrew letters composing the Holy Word." H.P. Blavatsky's Isis Unveiled

Now, if all of you really knew the bible, you would see everything with such clarity. Here is a brief summary, with all you need to understand:

In the beginning, which occurred near the start, there was nothing but God, darkness, and some gas. The Bible says, "The Lord thy God is one,"
But I think He must be a lot older than that.  Anyway, God said, "Give me a light!" and someone did.  Then God made the world.

He split the Adam and made Eve. Adam and Eve were naked, but they weren't embarrassed because mirrors hadn't been invented yet. Adam and Eve disobeyed God by eating one bad apple, so they were driven from the Garden of Eden.  Not sure what they were driven in though, because they didn't have cars.

Adam and Eve had a son, Cain, who hated his brother as long as he was Abel.  Pretty soon all of the early people died off, except for
Methuselah, who lived to be like a million or something.

One of the next important people was Noah, who was a good guy, but one of his kids was kind of a ham.  Noah built a large boat and put his family and some animals on it.  He asked some other people to join him, but they said they would have to take a rain check.

After Noah came Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.  Jacob was more famous than his brother, Esau, because Esau sold Jacob his birthmark in exchange for some pot roast.  Jacob had a son named Joseph who wore a really loud sports coat.

Another important Bible guy is Moses, whose real name was Charlton Heston.  Moses led the Israel Lights out of Egypt and away from the evil Pharaoh after God sent ten plagues on Pharaoh's people.  These plagues included frogs, mice, lice, bowels, and no cable.  God fed the Israel Lights every day with manicotti. Then He gave them His top ten Commandments. These include don't lie, cheat, smoke, dance, or covet your neighbor's bottom (the Bible uses a bad word for bottom that I'm not supposed to say.  But my Dad uses it sometimes when he talks about the President).  Oh, yeah, I just thought of one more:  Humor they father and they mother.

One of Moses' best helpers was Joshua who was the first Bible guy to use spies.  Joshua fought the battle of Geritol and the fence fell over on the town.

After Joshua came David.  He got to be king by killing a giant with a slingshot.  He had a son named Solomon who had about 300 wives and 500 Porcupines.  My teacher says he was wise, but that doesn't sound very wise to me.  After Solomon there were a bunch of major league prophets.  One of these was Jonah, who was swallowed by a big whale and then barfed up on the shore.

There were also some minor league prophets, but I guess we don't have to worry about them.

After the Old Testament came the New Testament.  Jesus is the star of the New Testament.  He was born in Bethlehem in a barn.  (I wish I had been born in a barn, too, because my mom is always saying to me, "Close the door! Were you born in a barn?"  It would be nice to say, "As a matter of fact, I was.")

During His life, Jesus had many arguments with sinners like the
Pharisees and the Republicans.  Jesus also had twelve opossums. The worst one was Judas Asparagus.  Judas was so evil that they named a terrible vegetable after him.
Jesus was a great man.  He healed many leopards and even preached to some Germans on the Mount.  But the Republicans and all those guys put Jesus on trial before Pontius the Pilot.  Pilot didn't stick up for Jesus.  He just washed his hands instead.

Anyways, Jesus died for our sins, then came back to life again.  He went up to Heaven but will be back at the end of the Aluminum.  His return is foretold in the book of Revolution.  :lol:    :headbang:

Get the point?

--------------------
You are a fortunate person indeed, if you can begin each day accepting the fact that during that day there will be ups and downs, good breaks and bad ones, disappointments, surprises, and unexpected turns of events.

When you have solved all the mysteries of life you long for death, for it is but another mystery of life.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: If the Christian god is real... [Re: hummermania00]
    #7658827 - 11/20/07 12:04 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

God, darkness, and some gas.

So God IS responsible for the big bang. The old fart.:thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder